Start by marking “Falling for Irish (MacArthur Family, #1)” as Want to Read:
Falling for Irish (MacArthur Family, #1)

Falling for Irish

(MacArthur Family #1)

She walked away once.

When Kathryn Irish realized that she and Daniel were too different—and that he thought she was after him for his money—she ended things. When a job randomly puts her back on his radar, they hesitantly form a truce. But deep down she knows she can never be just friends with him. She’ll always want more.

He never should have let her go.

Daniel MacArthur k
ebook
Published February 23rd 2021 by KR Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Falling for Irish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling for Irish

Start your review of Falling for Irish (MacArthur Family, #1)
Tina
This is a Novella Suspense with a Second Chance Romance, and this is the first book in the MacArthur Family series. This book is a short and quick read, but it was really good. I think this book took me just over a hour to read the whole book. I have see people talk about the romance in this book, but this book has a suspense thing happening in the background. I enjoyed both the suspense and the romance, but if you do not like suspense romance you may not enjoy this book. I really got pulled int ...more
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Falling for Irish by Katie Reus
Book 1 of the MacArthur Family series. Contemporary romantic suspense novella.
Kathryn Irish was afraid that she and Daniel MacArthur had different end goals in life so she walked away from their prior romantic relationship. When she runs into him as part of her security job, he makes it clear he’s missed her and wants a second chance.

I appreciated the hero so much in this book because he was clear on his intentions and his feelings. He missed her and wanted to try
Carvanz
What a spectacular beginning to this new series!

This is a novella but it feels like so much more, mainly due to the fact Kathryn and Daniel had been in a relationship prior to the beginning of this story. That carries a lot of weight and validates their emotions and responses.

I loved the way Daniel had perceived his relationship with Kathryn the first time around as well as his reactions to her when they were reunited a few months later. Any hero that is possessive, jealous and above all, prote
Feb 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

A new series by Ms. Reus that starts it off with a bang. There is suspense and romance as Daniel and Kathryn reunite and fall in love again. There is someone out to harm her, but Daniel is determined to keep her safe and never let her go again.

They both have siblings to get HEAs which I can't wait to read.
Peggy R
Falling for Irish is the first book in Katie Reus's new MacArthur Family series. It is a novella so it is a quick read but worth the time. Kathryn and Daniel's story is a second chance romance after a misunderstanding occurred between the two of them. These two characters have good chemistry and are surrounded by a good cast of secondary characters. There is a little bit of suspense involved in the plot. I enjoyed this novella and look forward to the next two in the series.

I voluntarily read a d
Dawn
Feb 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet quick read. Kathryn and Daniel had dated and then he broke her heart, so when she sees him again he's shocked she's wearing a diamond and she's still weak kneed over him. Knowing all that she still has to complete this job.

Read this book to find out what happens next.

I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Mindy Lou's Book Review
A fun, cute novella with a nerdy heroine and a rich, overprotective hero.

This starts out with them broken up over a misunderstanding. When they see each other again, Daniel realizes he just can't get over her and he's determined to win her back.

The things I loved about this was first and foremost, the protective and possessive hero, a guy chases girl theme, and the nerdy, hacker heroine who made the hero work for it.
Deborah
3.5*

I really enjoyed this one.
It’s a novella and the introduction to a new short series of 3 books. Each featuring one of the MacArthur siblings. Consequently there’s a lot going on here.
On top of introducing all the main players there’s attacks on Kathryn. But I’m getting ahead of myself.
Daniel is rich, handsome and successful. Kathryn is beautiful and independent. They were both happy together until she discovered he thought she was after his money. So she walked away.
But like him she’s una
Izzie d
Feb 26, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: second-chance
It's okay.
During separation neither are intimate with anyone else.
The Hero doesn't date at all, the heroine does but things don't progress.
HEA.
Kelly
Feb 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This is a new series by this author. It was a great short book. I am looking forward to the next book in this series.
Sandy
Feb 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Nothing can get your attention like the one who got away getting married! Daniel and Kathryn run into each other, and are shocked to realize they still care for each other. Sweet story with these two finally reconnecting. I can’t wait for the rest of the family to get their stories!
Alison
Computer security expert Kathryn Irish can't believe her latest job is in one of her ex-boyfriend Daniel MacArthur's buildings, and of course she runs into him in the lobby because that's not at all embarrassing. Billionaire with no known occupation (okay there might have been but I can't recall how he earned his billions) Daniel doesn't know what went wrong between him and Kathryn but now they've been thrown together he's going to do everything in his power to keep her in his life.

I started thi
Falling for Irish is the first novella in the new MacArthur Family series by Katie Reus. It features a second chance romance between Kathryn Irish and Daniel MacArthur.

They dated a few months and then a big misunderstanding broke them up and they’ve not seen each other for two months. Until Kathryn is working a security job at one of Daniel’s buildings.

Kathryn works as a freelance security tech. She tests companies’ security systems and tells them where they have issues. Her current job has her
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Review posted on Got Fiction? Book Blog

A quick second chances romance that left me with a smile.

This novella begins with a hacking. Kathryn Irish has been hired to find the weak spots in a company’s computer security, and she’s very good at what she does. She goes into the building undercover, and runs into the her ex.

Daniel takes one look at her and he wants her back. He has no idea why she broke up with him two months ago, but he’s known since he met her that she’s it for him. And here she is
Ilaria 🌸
Nice book
What I liked

Nice sexy scenes and he is a really nice hero
Kat is a strong woman professional and committed
They slowly re build a relationship
But
Too many detailed description of everything
The attacks cover and not mmmmh not worked for me skipped and skimmed
Nevertheless nice couple
Gabriella
A sweet and quick, second chance romance book.

Kathryn has been hired to find the weak spots in the security system of her exe's company. Daniel takes one look at her and he wants her back.

It was fast paced story and a nice read!

thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
I do love Katie Reus and get so excited when she releases a new series, I’m so happy for all the characters and love and excitement I know I’m going to get in the future. This is confirmed in being approved for this ARC she hasn’t let me down again, it’s just everything I love, great characters, fantastic chemistry, fast paced and addictive story , drama and tension, little bit of steam. Just perfect escapism

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Jul 31, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the way this book starts off! It's fast-paced, handles the betrayal/second chances trope well, and is well-written. I read it all in one go in the pool. Excellent story. ...more
Marija
Feb 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
What a cute but fast paced novella. We have ex lovers that are meeting again and the heroine going to work on a project for him. The old flames are starting to burn again, but there are few coincidences that don't ad up...someone stole her purse and after two weeks man attacks her... The base of the story is interesting, it is easy to read it and it kept my attention until the end. I was sorry that it was short and the story didn't had a chance to develop slow. All in all it was a cute read, per ...more
Treena
Fast paced novella with a lot of chemistry, action, and sweetness. The H is alpha hot and the h is a geeky hacker. Loved them but I can't give it a 5 star rating because I wanted more. ...more
OneWordDifference
What a CUTE novella! I don't know why I went in with low expectations but GOSH DANG! I was literally buzzing with excitement after the first page because I LOVE how it started.

Then she glanced over her shoulder and froze for all of a second before turning back around. Oh, God!
"Kathryn." That deep voice was nearly too much for her to handle.

description

Our heroine was pretty dang cool. Why?
1) Her name is Kathryn. ...My name is Catherine. You can't NOT be cool with that name.
2) She's a HACKER! She really
April Symes
Feb 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021, 2021-favorite
Falling for Irish is book 1 in MacArthur Family series by Katie Reus. This is a novella which is a romantic there's some suspense in this short novella read. It's short, hot and second chance romance novella. We are introduced to Kathryn and Daniel's story. They were happy but something occurred which caused a huge misunderstanding and separation. Then they happened to see each other 2 months after their huge break-up. Oh yes... can this alpha male repair his broken relationship, win back the lo ...more
Mags
Falling for Irish is an enjoyable, fast-paced novella. That wonderfully introduces Daniel MacArthur and his siblings Sienna and Brodie. And with just the right amount of heat, sweetness and romance between main characters Daniel and Kathryn, and a sprinkling of suspense this really was an engaging read. And one I would happily recommend to others.

**I was kindly provided with an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**
Tracie R
Feb 25, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fabulous start to this new novella length series by Katie Reus, Falling for Irish is a lovely second chance romance. Daniel & Kathryn are believable, and their interaction is engaging this along with the other MacArthur siblings made for a fabulous quick read and one I will be recommending to others.
Elodie’s Reading Corner
Feb 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Falling for Irish
MacArthur Family Series #1
Katie Reus
Release Date 02/23/2021
Publisher KR Press

𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗿𝗯

Check out the MacArthur Family series if you’re in the mood for quick, light romantic suspense reads!

She walked away once.

Sandy S
Mar 01, 2021 rated it really liked it

REVIEW: FALLING FOR IRISH is the first novella in Katie Reus’ contemporary, adult MACARTHUR FAMILY erotic, romance series focusing on the MacArthur siblings. This is businessman Daniel MacArthur, and IT specialist Kathryn Irish’ story line.

Told from three third person perspectives including Daniel and Kathryn FALLING FOR IRISH follows the second chance romance between businessman Daniel MacArthur, and IT specialist Kathryn Irish. Two months earlier Kathryn Irish ended her relationship with Danie
Jessica (the naptime writer)
Thanks to the publisher & Netgalley for the complimentary ARC. All opinions provided are my own.

2.5 ⭐️
I have so many Katie Reus books on my Kindle because they have so much of what I love: the heroes are utterly devoted to the heroines, there’s quality steam, & the engaging storylines have plenty of thrills. Unfortunately, I just didn’t warm to this novella.

In Falling for Irish Kathryn appears at her ex Daniel’s work building so she can pretend to be a potential client of a wedding planner worki
Elle
3 stars, for a super quick novella this was fine. Novellas are hard to get right because you have to squeeze a fully developed story into a shorter page count and this one didn't totally work for me.

I found the set up weird because we're dropped into the story after the characters have been broken up for 2 months and they had only been dating for 3 months before that.
*Spoilers* Pre-break up they were essentially living together, he was planning to propose and already bought a ring, but when she
Rosemary K
The romance between Kathryn Irish and Daniel MacArthur has been filled with turmoil and tears. Their passion was intense but Kathryn breaks it off when she believes Daniel thinks she's a gold diggers. A chance meeting reunites them. Will they find their HEA? I hoped so. These two are a dynamite couple. They complete each other. Daniel is protective and caring. Kathryn's cat, Mr. Twinkles, is his biggest fan, but the lady has reservations. She's not going to be disrespected. I like her resolve. I ...more
Jenn the Readaholic
Feb 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This sucked me in from the first page! Kathryn is a strong, secure woman who is darn good at her job. Her one and only weakness is in her rear view mirror, or is he? It seems that luck is working against her when she encounters her “could’ve been” while on a job. And it REALLY looks bad when she’s rocking a huge diamond on her finger. It’s only after the chaos settles that Daniel realizes just how evasive Kathryn’s answers were and he sets out to find the truth, then make the woman his again. Fo ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Undercurrent (Kill Devil Hills, #1)
  • Submerged (Kill Devil Hills #2)
  • Cornered (Crimson Point Protectors #2)
  • Adrift (Kill Devil Hills #3)
  • The One Who Got Away (Wilde Ways, #12)
  • Falling Hard (Crimson Point Protectors #1)
  • Deadly Valor (Crimson Point #6)
  • Falling for the Ice Queen (Ice Breaker Cold Case #2)
  • No Escape From War (Trouble For Hire #1)
  • Roman Will Fall (Wilde Ways, #11)
  • Lethal Protector (Rifle Creek #3)
  • Don't Play With Odin (Trouble For Hire, #2)
  • Jinx, You're It (Trouble For Hire #3)
  • Pretend You Want Me (Wilde Ways, #13)
  • Remember Ramsey (Trouble For Hire, #4)
  • Dangerous Survivor (Crimson Point #7)
  • Save Me from the Dark (Death and Moonlight, #2)
  • HOT Courage (Hostile Operations Team® - Strike Team 2)
Katie Reus is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Red Stone Security series, the Redemption Harbor series and the Deadly Ops series. She fell in love with romance at a young age thanks to books she pilfered from her mom's stash. Years later she loves reading romance almost as much as she loves writing it. However, she didn't always know she wanted to be a writer. After chang ...more

MacArthur Family (3 books)
  • Unintended Target (MacArthur Family, #2)
  • Saving Sienna (MacArthur Family, #3)

News & Interviews

The fall book season is shaping up to be one of the busiest and best in recent memory, and we’re not just saying that. If you’re the kind...