Start by marking “Forgive Me” as Want to Read:
Forgive Me

Forgive Me

From the internationally bestselling author of My Lies, Your Lies comes a gripping story of love, family, and the price of forgiveness, for readers of Diane Chamberlain and Lisa Scottoline.

In prison, Archie Colbrook spends his time writing letters. Letters addressed to a person against whom he committed terrible, nameless harm. Archie knows he doesn’t deserve forgiveness.
Published January 26th 2021 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Forgive Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forgive Me

Start your review of Forgive Me
Katie B

This book took me on a journey. And by that I mean it started off strong, lost its way for awhile, but thankfully got back on track and turned into a thought-provoking read. Not a perfect reading experience but nonetheless it was still worthwhile.

I've been debating about whether to provide a decent synopsis or a vague one and I've decided less is more. A women flees from an abusive marriage and skips town with her mother and teenage daughter. She's afraid her husband will track them dow
Ken
Feb 06, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me awhile to really get engaged with the events of this story, the first half was a little too plodding for my liking - but having enjoyed others by Lewis, I'm glad that I persevered with it.

The story is told through both a series of letters from 19 year old inmate Archie and Claudia's hopes of starting a new life away from her abusive husband (who is also serving time for money laundering).

Claudia along with her daughter Jasmine, and mother Marcy flee to the small town of Kesterly.
The i
Lou
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forgive Me is a compelling and deeply emotional mystery from one of the best writers of psychological suspense in the genre. The story opens with 19-year-old prison inmate Archie writing a letter, seemingly in the name of restorative justice, to someone he wronged in the past. Claudia Winters's second husband, financier Marcus Huxley Browne, has been on trial in London for the past five months for insider trading, money laundering, fraud and other shady goings-on, and before his arrest had threa ...more
Jazz Webb
I finished Forgive me yesterday and have sat and thought how to review this book. It's hard because I think it's a nice concept it is just quite boring to read. It is predictable but in an unrealistic way.

Forgive me is centred around a grandmother ( mother and daughter. "This is Claudia Winters’s last chance for a fresh start. Changing her name and leaving her old life behind, she has fled to the small town of Kesterly with her mother and daughter. Here, she hopes they can be safe for the first
MicheleReader
Jan 31, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forgiveness. Could you forgive someone who has done something horrendous to you? The concept of Restorative Justice (RJ) is addressed in Forgive Me, a story about what happens when someone who has committed a terrible crime connects with the victim with the purpose of creating the possibility of healing for both.

This compelling book starts by introducing Archie, a man who has committed a terrible crime. It is the start of a series of letters written to his victim.

We also meet Claudia, her daught
The Book Review Café
Forgive Me is the latest offering from Susan Lewis, is more a family saga than a thriller, it’s a book that will touch its readers hearts. With dark and uncomfortable themes such as domestic abuse, victims of crime, and restorative justice at its core you would be forgiving in thinking this maybe a depressing read. But this book is also one of hope, love, family and forgiveness.

Claudia is married to Marcus, their relationship is one filled with violence when her husband is arrested she flees, a
Carla Johnson-Hicks
I have become a huge fan of Susan Lewis. She writes emotional stories that are realistic, timely and dealing in human nature. This one fits the bill and is compelling, drawing me in from the first page. Archie is a nineteen year old inmate writing letters to his victim. They are heartfelt, emotional and honest. Then there is Claudia Winter, her daughter Jasmine and mother Marcy who are trying to start a new life away from Claudia's abusive husband, Marcus Huxley Browne who is in prison for insid ...more
Louise Wilson
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Claudia Winters is hoping that fleeing to Kesterley with her mother and daughter, they will finally be safe for the time in years. But the past can't stay hidden forever.

Claudia, Jasmine and Marcia are trying to build a new life for themselves after Claudia had escaped from her abusive husband. Claudia and her daughter, Jasmine go live with her mother, Marcia. The plotline is interesting but it's also a bit predictable. The story is told in the form of letters to an unknown person and the chara
Natalie "Curling up with a Coffee and a Kindle" Rampling
I found it difficult to rate this book. Great characters, wonderful themes and fascinating scenes and yet, the plot slowed too much in parts for me to give the full 5 stars.
The theme of forgiveness is obviously huge in this book, between many of the characters, but the main point of interest for me was the process of Restorative Justice. As someone who loves any legal thriller put in front of her, this was incredibly moving for me. For a victim to meet the person convicted of the crime against t
Onceinabluemoon
Feb 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5 not my preferred genre but loved the slant this one took, had me listening all ears, all the time!
Shalini
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Restorative Justice was a very, very difficult concept for me to accept as my mind said the perps deserved the greatest punishment and not forgiveness for their crimes.

While reading the story, I realized that it was not about that. It was about getting to understand where the perp came from and probably seeing them in a different light so that forgiveness could help the victim not lead their lives in bitterness. Still a difficult pill to swallow.

Claudia, her mum, and daughter had escaped an abus
Marianne
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Be warned, this is a family drama and not a thriller. It does it a disservice to market it that way.

That being said, it was really enjoyable. When I started the prologue I wasn’t too sure I was going to be into this but I made myself give it time and I’m glad I did.

The characters in this are so fully fleshed out and relatable (the criminals not so much, relatable, mind you). The level of detail in the house design, RJ (Restorative Justice), and burn recovery was fascinating. The way all of thi
Rhian Eleri
This book explores 'forgiveness' very well. I often wonder how some people from high profile criminal cases forgive their attackers/murderers...

What was odd about this story was the cold, and faraway feel of all the characters. None seemed close to my heart, they just felt like strangers even at the end. This may be deliberate considering the themes within the book?

I dont have a favorite character, but I do have favorite chapters... these are the ones of Archie's letters to his mystery receive
Sandie McCormack
What can I say I was hooked from the very first page such a heartwarming story about a family that had been through so much then have the courage to do what they did was truly amazing and gives you confidence in the human race. Her books get better and better can’t wait for the next one I would definitely recommend this book it was fabulous and want to thank the publisher and Netgalley for letting me review this amazing book,
Tea Leaves and Reads
Nov 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Restorative Justice is a concept that can still be considered a little ‘taboo’ even in today’s society. Susan Lewis has taken the practice of Restorative Justice and given it a brilliant airing in a fictional setting to highlight its importance and usefulness in the criminal justice system for both victims and offenders. For that reason, I would highly recommend this book for anyone wishing to explore more about the practice and understand how it works. I would however stress that this is fictio ...more
Mani
This is my fourth Susan Lewis book and I’ve enjoyed most of them so was looking forward to giving this one a go, and I wasn’t disappointed.

Forgive Me is a gripping psychological family drama that follows a family who are trying to build a new in a town where no one knows them.

Susan Lewis is a very talented author and I really like the way she writes her book. You can really see the amount of time and effort that has gone into the research for her books, and this one is no exception. I really e
Roz
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was delighted to receive an ARC copy of this latest Susan Lewis book as I have read an thoroughly enjoyed many in the past.

The theme of this novel is forgiveness and the use of the restorative justice system to do this.

As this was something that I was not really aware of it was an extremely interesting read and I kept reading to find out more about it and the characters in the book. I wonder if I would have been in the same mindset as Marcy, the victim in this instance? This is a real moral d
Jeanniehay64
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The main theme of this book is forgiveness. Sometimes the people most affected by a situation are the first to forgive while others close to them find it harder.

Claudia and her daughter Jasmine have escaped to a new life leaving behind an abusive husband and stepfather ,who is in prison for money laundering. Claudia’s mother Marcy joins them to build a new life far away from their old one. But can they truly leave the past behind? Or will it catch up with them in a terrifying way ?

The restorat
Lucy C
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first Susan Lewis read and will not be my last.

Marcy, Claudia and Jasmine are escaping Claudias abusive husband, with new Identities and a fresh start what possibly could go wrong!

All is going well in Kesterly until one night everything changes forever.

I want to go into more detail but don't want to spoil it for you.

A gripping and heartbreaking read with likeable characters, A lot of hard work and research has been put in by Susan and it was a pleasure to read.

Diana N.
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I had a hard time putting this one down. The Author did a nice job at intertwining Archie's story with Claudia/Marcy's story. I really ended up liking Archie's character in the end even though the beginning of the book sets the tone for the wrong he's committed.

This book really would appeal to those who like novels that like suspense novels or even family centered dramatic stories. The concept of restorative justice was very intriguing.

It's always enjoyable to get pulled into a story that cause
Lorraine
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve read a few of Susan Lewis’s books in the past and this one I was super excited for. Although I’m not usually into crime style thrillers, this book was really good. Family drama where three generation of ladies change their identities to escape Claudia’s husband, as you can imagine not all goes to plan.
Olga Gamer
Jan 25, 2021 marked it as gave-up-on
Thank you to William Morrow Paperbacks for an opportunity to read and review an early copy of "Forgive Me," the latest from Susan Lewis. Unfortunately, this book was not for me. The main stumbling block was the heavy-handed and repetitive writing. ...more
JANELLE || WHATSHESEEES
Feb 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Thank you William Morrow Books for putting this gifted book in my hands because it’s now one of my favs 🤍

Have you ever read a book and though it deserved more hype?

Well FORGIVE ME is that book!

After reading some great books last month I have been looking to continue my streak of 5-star-reads and I’m glad to say that my first read of February held up to that standard 👏🏼👏🏼

This book was incredible. It made me happy, sad, scared and felt all type of heartbreak for the three strongest females I’ve
Grace Power
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a brilliant well written book, it was great to revisit previous characters and the storyline was a bit different and drew me in totally
Dawn
Nov 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
"Forgive Me" is an enjoyable read. It's a little slow, which makes it a gentle read. I found the characters a little cold, which I think was deliberate. They felt hard to reach and connect with. The story is interesting, but a bit predictable. Susan Lewis's writing is always of a high standard, and this book doesn't let us down.

My thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley. This review was written voluntarily and is entirely my own, unbiased, opinion.
Lorna
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story of forgiveness and family. I was hooked from the beginning. I always love Susan Lewis’ writing and this is no exception. The plot and characters are so gripping and I couldn’t put it down. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys crime/ family novels.
janine
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Forgive Me by Susan Lewis
I give this book 4.5 stars
I can’t forgive myself. Not after what I did. Could you?
Claudia, her mum and her daughter have escaped their old lives and fled to the small town of Kesterly Here, she hopes they can be safe for the first time in years.
But the past can’t stay hidden and one disastrous night changes everything forever.
A heartwarming,powerful family drama.Susan Lewis is such a talented storyteller,with well developed and varied characters and a strong researched
Tamsin Preece
I found this quite slow and had to really force myself to keep going. It was only when I read so many positive reviews that I was curious enough to continue and see what everyone else had enjoyed!

I liked the characters well enough, especially Jasmine. I felt she was a very realistic teenager! I wasn’t keen on the way Maria was written- especially with her speech. It just seemed a bit unnecessary. In a lot of ways I found the whole story quite predictable.

It was a perfectly pleasant book but not
Sue Plant
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: susan-lewis
would like to thank netgalley and the publisher for letting me read this gut wrenching book

when you read one of susan lewis books you know you are in for a good read...with well thought out characters and a storyline that will grab hold of you and wont let you put the book down until you come to the end....

this book ticks all the boxes and then some...leaving you in tears and at times on the edge of your seat with anticipation....

not wanting to give any spoilers out but this is a heart warming s
Hannah May Book Reviews

Title: Forgive Me
Author: Susan Lewis
Publisher: Harper Collins
Rating: 3/5

A huge thank you to Susan Lewis, Harper Collins, Netgalley and Random Things Tours for letting me be part of the blog tour.

Synopsis:

Claudia Winter’s is giving up everything for a fresh start. Changing her name and leaving her old life behind she has fled to Kesterly with her mother and daughter. The reason for this being her safety, to escape the clutches of her abusive, criminal husband. Claudia and her family soon adap
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A Sky Full of Stars
  • The Chalet
  • Just Between Friends: Page-turning fiction to curl up with in winter 2020
  • The Push
  • A Wedding in the Country: From the #1 bestselling author of uplifting feel-good fiction
  • The Open House
  • The Day My Husband Left
  • Ask No Questions
  • The Last Piece
  • The Minders
  • The Day She Came Back
  • Second-Chance Cats: True Stories of the Cats We Rescue and the Cats Who Rescue Us
  • What We Leave Behind
  • One by One
  • Your Life for Mine
  • The Body Falls (Inishowen Mysteries #5)
  • To Tell You the Truth
  • Christmas for Beginners
Librarian Note:
There is more than one author in the Goodreads database with this name.

Susan Lewis is the bestselling author of over forty books across the genres of family drama, thriller, suspense and crime. She is also the author of Just One More Day and One Day at a Time, the moving memoirs of her childhood in Bristol during the 1960s. Following periods of living in Los Angeles and the South of