Start by marking “Enjoying the Show (Wicked Warrens, #1)” as Want to Read:
Enjoying the Show (Wicked Warrens, #1)

Enjoying the Show (Wicked Warrens #1)

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  1,460 Ratings  ·  74 Reviews
It’s “Look, but don’t touch.” Until the object of Hailey’s fantasies catches her looking and demands she touch him. Everywhere.

Hailey Jennison is smart, funny and, unfortunately, stacked like a blonde brick house. She’s well aware the impact her looks have on the male gender, and she hates it. Socially awkward, she keeps to a safe, boring routine, meeting friends once a we
Published November 27th 2007 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Enjoying the Show, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enjoying the Show

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesDark Lover by J.R. WardFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia Day
Favorite Erotic Romance
2,276 books — 2,515 voters
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesBackstage Pass by Olivia CunningFifty Shades Freed by E.L. James
Best Dirty Talk
701 books — 954 voters

More lists with this book...

Nikki
This is a great short read for in between books. Especially when looking for something more along the smutty side. Not a lot of depth, besides the penetration ;) but it was a sweet and sexy insta-love story.
Awilk -never sleeps-
I just want the Oh so nice cover!!!

Another short fast and hot read. The hero has two older hot brothers. I wouldn't mind reading about them either. Would have liked this to be a full length story.
Heather in FL
Really cute read. Her insecurities and "issues" started bugging me, but I loved that he didn't give up on her because of them. This is sort of a twist on friends-to-lovers in that they weren't friends first. But he'd noticed her six months before he "caught" her watching him and had done his homework on her. Sounds a little stalkerish when it's written like that, but he wasn't following her around or doing anything stalkerish that way. I really hope this will be a series... Gage's brother was wo ...more
Caroline
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really wished it was written longer. The story is fast-paced, not dull, really cute and quite funny. The sex is AMAZING , they both have the hots for each other long before they actually meet like falling in love at first sight and just don't have the courage to 'approach and to ask out' (especially with Gage to Hailey and in actuality that Gage is the first one to notice and be extremely attracted and be obsessed with Hailey) and Hailey's overcoming of her doubts and insecurities with Gage's ...more
Rose May
Jun 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: b
Note: This review, and all my reviews, comes from my blog - Romantic Rose's Bookshelf (http://romantic-rosesblog.blogspot.com)

I admit, I’m really not a fan of love-at-first-sight novellas. I’ve never been a big believer in it. However, I am happy to say that this love-at-first-sight novella had me sighing in contentment. I was quite pleased with it. The male character was confident without being overwhelmingly arrogant or overbearing. It was a nice change from the annoyingly perfect, completely
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 Stars

Enjoying The Show is one of those books I’ve read multiple times; I simply love the humor and the connection between the two main characters. It’s hard not to like an ultra sexy man with a crush who decides to blackmail the object of his affection into a date. Equally intriguing is a woman who is disturbingly sexy but hates her body and shies away from male attention. Add in the fact that they both have problems talking with the oppo
ൠSinful
The beginning was hysterical. The middle cute. The end was fine but I wanted more.
Really, she should have kept the girlfriends in the mix of the story. She wrote that best.
Basically, guy sees girl and wants girl but she is known to reject all men. So he waits and plots and damn if she doesn't move. Fortunatey her girlfriend lives across from him so when he sees the girls spying on him when he is naked he puts on a show and continues to do so every friday for three months just because he likes t
Wendy
Mar 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Cute read.
Lady Raven RAVE!
Feb 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
I loved it didnt know what to expect but love the storyline and his crush on her was soooooooooooooooooooo sexy broader line stalker-ish but cute
❋
Aug 31, 2013 rated it did not like it
DNF
description

I don't really know how I feel about this book. Dissapointed maybe?

description

Some parts were good and some parts were bad. Really bad.

The Good

I like Gage. I like Gage quite a lot actually. But I'm not sure about the prancing-around-naked aspect to turn Hailey on. It was all quite a bit messed up to say the least. The book had promise and maybe it's me.

Dear Book,

description

I'm in the mood for a lovely deep and heart-wrenching beauty of a romance. This was light fluffy fun-ish. If you're in that kind of mood
Sara  ~Sphunky~
Very cute and steamy quick read by Marie Harte. I loved the primary characters as well as the secondary ones, and I can't wait to read Closing the Deal now! For a short story, Harte did an excellent job describing the characters and the emotions. I love her style of writing and look forward to her backlist. And Gage...um, yeah, YUM!
Netanella
Feb 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wicked
Passionate and smart, nicely written. Hailey has the typical female insecurities despite her cover model looks, yet the author handles them well without making our heroine seem like a pansy. The voyeurism added a nice element as well.
Chrisabel
May 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, nook
What a quick, cute and very sexy read...
Veronica~Nhaughty
Luvs a warning!

Warning, this title contains the following: explicit sex, graphic language, and a man named “Mr. Tool”.

Amy
Mar 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hot
Hot hot hot!!
Tracy
Mar 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
~* 3.5 Stars *~
Sexy Little Bite of Yum

It's innocent, if slightly indecent fun. About as indecent as the shy and a little uptight Hailey Jennison gets, actually. She and her friends get together every Friday night for some very specific girl time. Gathering around the window in her friend's apartment, lights off, snacks and drinks in hand, they look out the window and down into the apartment of the man they refer to as Mr. Tool.

The man is smoking hot and has a habit of walking around his apartmen
m8
This was nice. I didn't expect anything too deep already with the premise, but it delivered enough that it passed like a hot, light-hearted and even cute, read. I was initially skeptical to pick it up, because i wasn't sure I heard of the author before. Confirming my thoughts though, I ended up pleasantly surprised I had read something by Marie Harte before! I liked How to Handle a Heartbreaker a lot. Although I didn't read all of the McCauley Brothers series' books (read all except the first an ...more
Mariℓina
Feb 14, 2014 rated it liked it
It is a cute short read with amazing secondary characters, lots of sex and a unique opening..

The story starts with our heroine Hailey running to her friend's house.. There is of course a great reason for that, his name is Gage.. The girls made a tradition some months ago and every Friday night they get together in order to ogle the sexy naked neighbor across the street with the huge -how may i put this delicately? um....-equipment??

Gage one night finds Hailey on her own, then the fun starts..
Wel
Julie Read Our Lips! Book Review Blog
Enjoying The Show is a great read I only wish was longer. Hailey’s the embodiment of every man’s fantasy, but no one seems to get her as excited as her friend’s sexy exhibitionist neighbor who always gives her and her group of friends the best girl’s night out.

She fantasizes about him all the time until one day she happens to meet him face-to-face. She learns his name is Gage and he is pissed! He’s tired of Hailey and her friends constantly spying on him, and he threatens to turn her into the po
Stacey is Sassy
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, steamy
Mr Tool is HOT!!!

I read this book a few years back and remembered how much I enjoyed it and decided to do a re-read.

This story is about a shy, reserved woman trapped in a strippers body. She and her girlfriends are having a get together and notice a man standing in his window across the way completely naked. He notices her as well but they do not act on their instant attraction to each other. The mystery man, who the girls named Mr Tool, becomes their weekly show. He struts his stuff, while work
Karen111
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
2 'Self Sabotaging' Stars

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This was pretty harmless, and blessedly a short read. The premise was good: Hailey and her friends perving on super-sexy Gage from their apartment. It would've been even sexier if it was just Hailey doing the perving, and Gage had put on a little show for her. As it was, the girls all came off a little sleazy and desperate.

The sex scenes were hot, but I could have done without the bulk of Hailey and Gage's dialogue happening during it. Hailey sabotaged herself with her
Iza
Mar 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
What a pleasant surprise ! I really enjoyed reading that one !
I loved both main characters, though Hailey was a bit too much insecure - but it wasn't a big deal.
I really loved Gage, the way he puts his foot in his mouth, that he's not an overbearing dominating male but a really sweet and funny guy who doesn't know how to act upon his crush.
I loved the banter between all the characters, I loved Gage's family and look forward to more stories about his brothers, I loved the girlfriends at the beg
Mira Stanley
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love how Enjoying the Show opens. It’s a girls’ night in, and the ladies aren’t playing fair. They’re dimming the lights, clinking glasses, and observing a sexy neighbor through a window…and let’s just say he’s not quite decent.

Great writing combines with a cute plot to make this an enjoyable read from start to finish. Gage has just enough insecurity and vulnerability to make him realistic and not-too-perfect.

Hailey is adorable and has some funny, mischief-making friends. Every girl needs fri
Tracy
Oct 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I picked up Enjoying the Show after reading the blurb on Amazon and thinking it sounded like a hot & fun read.

I really enjoyed it. Hot, steamy with a touch of blackmail, some fun and a fair dose of romance & tenderness.
I loved the main characters and the dynamic between Gage and Hailey was fun to follow.
The couple's friends and family members that we are introuduced to throughout the book were likeable and I'm sure we'll meet some of them again in future stories - as the first of 3 books
Karen Roma
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
The first of the Wicked Warrens was a blast!!
Two people who have desired each other from afar for months are finally given an opportunity to meet face to face under the most outrageous of circumstances!!
Just when you think a little voyeurism can’t hurt anybody, you get caught ogling your friend’s HOT, naked neighbour, by none other than said HOT guy!!!
Things get hot and heavy from there and our couple are forced to question whether their physical chemistry is all they have going for them.
Cute on
Cozen
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-keepers
I liked this one. I relized that this was a part of a series and had originally purchased one of the others but had yet to read it. I enjoyed this story. It was longer then a short story but was still enjoyable all the same. This book sizzled with it's naughtiness. The writer went there and did it in a decent form. The characters were consistant in their personalities. Lastly, I found that the description revoloving around Gabe and everything he did was very well articulated to were I had no pro ...more
~Vixhen~
Mar 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Hailey and her friends have a Friday night ritual - watching the hot neighbor across the way parade around in his birthday suit. Little do they realize that Gage is well aware of their ritual. He's got his sights set on the voluptuous Hailey. She sets him on fire like no other woman. But Hailey has a bad track record with men, and letting her guard down is not going to be easy. Luckily, Gage is not one for throwing in the towel. This was a cute, hot, fast read. You gotta love a book with a guy n ...more
Vivian
Jun 13, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-contemp
Cute story. The secondary characters are actually much stronger and enjoyable than the primaries, but entertaining and sweet. The two amazing looking woe-is-me protagonists, nobody bothers to see me for more than my body is a bit overplayed. The lead-in is hysterical, but the heroine comes across as a bit ditzy falling into the hero's trap to get her to date him. Honestly, they both come across as not the brightest bulbs in the pack, but loveable.
T.
Aug 24, 2016 rated it liked it
This short novella of only 80 pages or so was a good story, but had so much unrealized potential. The plot would have made for a great full-length book where the reader could get a complete sense of the characters-- as is, it was mostly a sex romp that didn't offer anything special and emphasized the lack of depth. A good read, but not worth the money paid-- admittedly, my fault for not checking the page count before download.
Jenn Dee
Jul 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-challenge
I did enjoy this one, but can't really remember why. I thought the set-up was funny - guy catches girl and her friends peeping on him. (view spoiler) Well written and steamy.
Julianna
very quick read, but i liked it:) Kind of want to read the next one, but don't know if i will or not. Both of his brothers characters are a little bit intriguing:)
Chelsea
Apr 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious and adorable. A good short read to pass the time.
PJ
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It was a cute, sexy, short read and I find myself wanting to see what the other books in the series offer.
Beanimous
Jan 26, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF 20%
Maria Rose
This is the first book in the Wicked Warren's series and it's quite clear to me that Marie has improved alot since this book came out. It was an okay read, but I didn't feel a lot of chemistry between Hailey and Gage, so when Gage started dirty talking right off the bat it kind of made me cringe (and believe me, I'm a fan of dirty talking). I liked the introduction to the rest of the family, and while this one is not my favourite it doesn't deter me from reading the rest of the series.
Stacie
Jun 09, 2009 added it
Erotic story about a woman who sees a man naked in the window of his apartment. He lives across from her friend's apartment and they have been getting together to watch him. Then Gage sees them and wants to get together with Hailey. He admits that he knew they were watching and has wanting to met Hailey for months. Then he talks her into going out with him and things get hot.
Lidia
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
4,5 stars because this story is nice,sweet,hot,funny.Hailey and Gage are two persons handsome and sexy but still are simple persons and also a bit timid, they dream a family together and they love their family and friends. Also not are missing, scenes of sex hot and exciting so this is truely a enjoyable reading.
Toni (U.A.C.)
Jan 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
It was short but so hot. Starts off with a little voyeur action with some girls peeping at a guy in their apartment complex, but little do they know that he is aware of their "girl's night in" and is willing to give them a show if it will give him a chance to get to know one of the girls, Hailey.

Sharisse
Jun 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
Horribly short and boring! There was no development, the issues she had were stupid and really were never explained. How 2 ppl go from strangers to lovers so quick is soooo unrealistic. This is one the worst books I have ever read. I was so bored with the little bit of plot there was.
Amy
Mar 15, 2013 rated it liked it
It was okay. Some of the writing was a bit adolescent. But the plot moved pretty well, and both main characters each had healthy relationships with other people, unlike many other romances, in which a poor orphan girl would have no other close female friends.
Beate
Feb 10, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
Five women watching one dude. Dude knows he's being watched and has the hots for one of the women. They hook up, fall in love, the end.

No big surprises, no big really. A middle of the tree story that you'll forget about a week after you've read it.
Kathy
Dec 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Marie Harte’s Enjoying the Show is a deliciously steamy and fun novella with a surprising amount of depth. To read my review in its entirety, please visit http://www.bookreviewsandmorebykathy....
Leanne
Mar 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I just have to say I loved this book! It was funny and charming. Witty and heart warming. But most of all is was HOT HOT HOT!!! wow this book is sure to get any woman's juices flowing! Do not miss out of such a great read!!! I loved this book!
Jenn Herrick
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
a bit quick read but loved it..
DietchGirl
Cute, funny, sexy short story. Wished it were longer. Wouldn't mind spending more time with the Warren brothers and Hailey's friends. Happy to see the author's website mentions a sequel called "Closing the Deal" has been written.
  • Rude Awakening
  • A Little Bit Naughty (Tahoe Nights, #1)
  • Blackmailed Into Bed (Louisiana Liaisons, #2)
  • Heat of the Storm (Out of Uniform, #3)
  • Ink Spots (Simple Need, #3)
  • Asking for Andre
  • Office Affair
  • Kidnapped for Christmas
  • Treasured
  • Rough Cut (Black and White Collection, #3)
  • Scoring Lacey
  • Bid High
  • Flirting in Traffic
  • Chance of a Lifetime
  • Rees (Tales of the Shareem, #1)
  • Hostile Takeover
  • Tamed
  • Versed in Desire
Caffeine addict, boy referee, and romance aficionado, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Marie Harte has over 100 books published with more constantly on the way. She’s a confessed bibliophile and devotee of action movies. Whether hiking in Central Oregon, biking around town, or hanging at the local tea shop, she’s constantly plotting to give everyone a happily ever after. Visit http: ...more
More about Marie Harte...

Wicked Warrens (5 books)
  • Closing the Deal (Wicked Warrens, #2)
  • Raising The Bar (Wicked Warrens, #3)
  • Making the Grade (Wicked Warrens, #4)
  • Bending the Rules (Wicked Warrens #5)