Start by marking “Where Foxes Hunt with Wolves (Folk Lore, #2)” as Want to Read:
Where Foxes Hunt with Wolves (Folk Lore, #2)

Where Foxes Hunt with Wolves

(Folk Lore #2)

--- You are responsible for what you tame ---

Yevhen. Forest ranger. Werewolf. Stifled by pack rules.
Radek. Foxy ginger brat. Changeling. Will avoid responsibility at all cost.

Banished from his pack for being gay, Yev has one last chance to redeem himself in the eyes of his family. He needs to stick to the rules for a year, and bury his sexuality forever. Shouldn’t be so ha
Published June 24th 2020 by Acerbi & Villani ltd

To ask other readers questions about Where Foxes Hunt with Wolves, please sign up.

Start your review of Where Foxes Hunt with Wolves (Folk Lore, #2)
warhawke
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Type: Standalone Book 2 of Folk Lore Series
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Radek Nowak wished he could just leave behind everything that tethered him to the remote village in Dybukowo Valley. But an encounter with a forest ranger Yevhen (Yev) Vovk literally changed both of their perspectives in life.

This book is vastly different than the first one. This one is less sinister with fewer folklores element but it doesn’t make the story any less entertaining. I haven’t read many s
W.
UPDATED on September 1, 2020 to add audio review

Ebook Reviewed on June 13, 2020

Intimate. Undaunted. Vivid. Bloody. Sexy.

Wyatt Baker captivating and vivid performance transport us back to village of Dybukowo ; in the Carpathian Mountains , where old deities, forest gods, changeling, witches, shifters, cults, magic and many other Slavic mythical creatures co-exist and thrive.

I had a truly wonderful time listening to this hurt-comfort, size difference, age gap, mildly kinky, enemies to lovers, opp
Trio
K.A. Merikan’s Where Foxes Hunt with Wolves is the second book in their Folk Lore series. Taking place in the same village as the first novel, Where the Devil Says Goodnight, some of the characters are familiar, but you won’t have any trouble reading them independently.

I do, however, recommend doing the books in this series in audio.

Wyatt Baker does an absolutely stunning job with these stories. His accents are flawless, and he provides wonderful variety in this extensive cast of characters. Mr.
Ariana
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
3,5 stars

I really liked the blurb. The cover picture is interesting, and I hadn’t read anything by these very popular authors for a while. So…. bingo! 😁

There’s a lot to enjoy here:

.) The reformation of rich party boy Radek from irresponsible, thoughtless mega brat/slut to a caring, loyal and committed adult.

.) Radek as a fox is cute, funny and really entertaining. And Yev’s wolf is just what I’d hoped for.

.) Yev is one of those extra strong, extra tall and extra vulnerable guys I find irresisti
CC
4.25 ★

Radek Nowak is a recent college graduate wanting to live the city life without any responsibility. Upon a visiting his small hometown, Radek finds himself at the mercy of Yehven “Yev” Vovk, the forest ranger. But what transpires is more than either could have imagined and it changes all they’ve known.

“He liked knowing that someone else was in charge so he didn’t have to be. Not just anyone, either.”

Told in dual POV, the story begins with Radek acting like a shameless slutty party boy.
Lupi A.
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing

It's always difficult to write a detailed review without giving away spoilers. But, I'm going to give it my best. Keep in mind, these are MY opinions, so I'm not arguing with anyone over this shit. With that said...

This is the most ENDEARING shifter novel I've read. It lacks the posturing arrogance that has become the norm for that genre, and I absolutely LOVE the authors for taking that element out. Don't get me wrong, the wolves are still completely badass - as they should be. But, the MC
Jess
Wolves and Foxes

Interesting concept but I just couldn't relate to the main characters. I like how the two MCs started out as enemies and then to lovers. This kind of plot never fails to tug my heartstrings. The way they go through each obstacle together is also sweet and romantic. The sexual factor -(view spoiler) adds a lot of steamy hotness into the story. But somehow, I just couldn't engage myself into the story (view spoiler)
Amanda
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shifters, mlm
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

When I saw that K.A. Merikan was releasing a second book in their Folk Lore series I may have fan girl squealed a little because A) do you see that cover?! B) I really enjoyed the uniqueness of the first book and C) I am trash for fox shifters.

Where Foxes Hunt with Wolves
is about werewolf , Yevhen and fox changeling Radek. Yevhen has ban banished from his pack for being gay and after his punishment will be allowed back if he agrees to ignore his se
Anabela.M.
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this powerfully written book. It has everything I want in a good romance, and the paranormal/ folklore setting is spectacular. It has action and adventure, suspense and witty humor, a riveting and gripping storyline, fantastic dialogue, intensity, grittiness and passion, devastating heartbreak, joy and a beautiful, steamy romance between two characters that I adored, flaws and all. It didn't take long for Radek and Yev to own my heart and they're so great together. As always wi ...more
Jaime
I must have this book!!!

Meg
Jun 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book can absolutely be read as a standalone, but due to some characters appearing from When the Devil Says Goodnight, I was really glad that I had listened to that story first. Again, it is definitely not necessary, but it added to my overall enjoyment. That being said, this book has a very different kind of darkness than the first. There is definitely magic and fantastical elements, but instead of religious, shall we say... Issues, we have werewolves and changelings. There is some serious ...more
suzette ~Always Reading~
These two authors write such unique and interesting stories and this one is no exception. This wasn’t as dark as the first book in this series but I loved the fox changing and the werewolf shifter. Radek and Yev don’t start out on the right foot but once Yev rescues Radek in his fox form a bond forms between the two men which turns into so much more.

Ember (Radeks fox name) was adorable! I never gave a second thought to foxes and reading of Ember playing around with Yev and also Yev in wolf form
 Joyce
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Totally must read MM, shifter, HEA. Part of a series but can be totally read as a standalone. And if book one was too dark, or if the religious themes were triggers, don't be afraid to pick this one up. You will find yourself submerged into a fantastical world of a cute little shifter fox and his big bad wolf, their lives collide and you can feel the tension as they learn what a perfect partnership really is. A match made for any MM book lover, you won't be able to put down.

I have to mention th
Thea™
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can't say anything else than:

While I hardly read PRN books anymore... for K.A. Merikan I made an exception. When this duo writes a book, I need to read it! And this book was.... phenomenal!!!
Radek and Yevhen's story is an amazingly swieet, endearing, beautiful love story.... Merikan-style! And I absolutely LOVED it!!!
Thank you Kat & Agnes for the ARC!!

From now on, whenever I see a fox/wolf picture I will always be thinking of Radek and Yev. 💖

Calila
*Received A Copy To Review From The Author*

I have to say, I didn't love this as much as the first book. I didn't connect to the characters or them as a couple in the same way. They were okay. Yev was a bit distant and closed off, and not in the way I normally enjoy some how. Radek was a bit childish and spoiled. I don't know that he changed enough for me to really like him. But he does grow. I can see why they'd appeal to each other but I don't know that I buy them completely as a happy ever aft
Haytch sujut
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Simply amazing. I really really loved this book. I mean, a sexy bratty fox and a dominant alpha wolf? Yes please!!!

This book was definitely more of my cup of tea than the first one, I connected with the characters more, and their chemistry too was off the charts. I mean the sex scenes were piping HOT, I love me a big alpha werewolf and a small helpless fox.

I also especially enjoyed the time when Radek was a tiny cute fox in need of a big guy to take care of him, the size difference always does
Mary A Walters
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a great book! Yev and Radaek are perfect together. Their first meeting was not ideal and they have so many obstacles to overcome. What I loved the most about this book is Yev. He has so many sides and I love how the author showed them. Highly Recommend!!
Genie☆In☆A☆Vodka☆Bottle

Why couldn't this book have been longer?! I loved everything about this and would have happily read another ten chapters! It was a beautifully written, fully realized story that I enjoyed every second of reading. It knew exactly what it was and never tried to be anything it wasn't, and I love that sort of self-awareness in a novel. This book is a perfect example of why I love these authors so damn much it makes my teeth hurt. This story had everything—romance, drama, danger, conflict, grief, wit
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this one. Think the writing was a little tighter in this one so enjoyed it much more than book one. Interested to see if they’ll do more in the series.
Jesslan Rose
Where Foxes Hunt With Wolves By K.A. Merikan

This was the first book I've read by this author and I was wonderfully surprised by how much I loved it.

Radek is adorably annoying and Yev is a sexy alpha male. I loved seeing how Yev treated Radek when he was stuck as a fox and I truly felt for Radek during his angst of wondering how Yev would react when he realized who his pet fox truly was all along.

There was a wonderful HEA.
Deb Swietek
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Foxes and werewolves and witches. Oh my!

This book is such a wonderful blend of folklore and magic in the modern world. It is set in Poland, but it could be anywhere. The story is universal. From tradition bound werewolves, to an animal rights thread, to a witch's vale, to an old fashioned love story, this book has it all. And let's not forget the family angst! The characters are well thought out and intriguing. Their world pulled me in and wouldn't let me out. You are gonna love this book!
Ye
Karen
What an amazing read! So many themes in one book and everything brilliantly written and seamlessly tied together. I love the mix of dark and paranormal elements with real life issues like homophobia and animal rights! I’m loving this new Folk Lore series by K.A. Merikan so hard and the way they both their own spin on existing legends is simply enthralling!
Where Foxes Hunt with Wolves has a whole new set of mythological creatures and oozes with ominous secrets, danger and mystery. The two main ch
iam
This delivered exactly what I wanted when I wanted it: m/m romance between a bratty newly discovered fox changeling and a banished werewolf forest ranger, with plots about complicated family dynamics, getting used to monumental changes in one's life, and accepting responsibility.
Also, the cover is spot on!

Content warnings include: loss of limb and amputation, animal abuse, fratricide, homophobia, small town setting, sex on-page, mild BDSM (biting, spanking, light D/s); mentions of death of pare
Patricia Hoffstaetter
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-reading
This is one of the most unique, slow-burn MM shifter romances that I have read in a very long time & has an undertone of “enemies to lovers”. I absolutely enjoyed reading each & every page of this book until the end, although this book is part of a series it can be read as a standalone. The plot is well-paced & filled with very interesting situations and/or events. The characters are complex individuals with realistic flaws & at first appearances have absolutely nothing in common.
It is about: a
Julia ✿
4 Stars!

My thoughts:

What more can I say other than I am really loving the Folk Lore world that K. A. Merikan have created! I loved their take on werewolves/shifters and really hope they keep exploring this world!
J.L.
Nov 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: october-2020
This book is nowhere near as dark as the first story in the series. Instead, the conflicts between various characters are all very “human” (even when not all of the characters are human). It can be read as a stand-alone, with only a few hints as to events that take place previously. The werewolf element is strong in this book, however, which means this story still won’t be for all readers.

I adored Yev from page one. He’s just a guy stuck in a culture that doesn’t accept him (relevant to too many
Lexi
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
These authors made an amazing book! I fell in love with these characters and loved the different take on shifters and these characters. Yev and Radek do not start out well with each other. Their relationship got off to a bad start but once Yev rescued Radek things changed a lot. They actually started to see each other differently and had to learn about each other. And through the rescue a bond was formed that helped these two really see each other and develop into so much more than it was. I lov ...more
Katherine
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was fantastic! I loved the first book, and was really keen to read this, the second in KA Merikan's paranormal, Polish folklore series.

Featuring a little fox boy we've meet before and a new, rugged wolfman, this is a pretty kinky and adorable exploration of their emerging relationship. Initially appearing to be opposites with a strong connection, they end up having more in common than they assumed, and need to decide if there's enough to try and make it really work.

Well written and fast pac
Melrose Blu Review
Audiobook review by Mel
5 Blue Roses
4 Blue Flames

Narrator Wyatt Baker delivered a beautiful, softer or more tender than usual performance. He managed to wean the darker emotions and then feed us a touching, empathetic experience. Listeners will be feeling all kinds of emotions, while they get to be carried away to the small weird-ass Polish village of Dybukowo.

Yev, is the local forest ranger, and a werewolf. Shunted by his family for being gay, he lives a solitary life. Tons of family drama as us
Kirstin
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was surprised in the best way by this story. I've read a few K.A. Merikan books and find them to be rough and macho and hard core. This was like that for the first 25%, but then became a love story and was romantic and hopeful.

I ended up really caring about Radek as his life started to fall apart. I loved the fox addition to the story and was enthralled the entire listen.

*one thing that bothered me was that even though the injury was mentioned throughout the story, there were parts where Rade
« previous 1 3 next »

• Unnatural (The Wrong Alpha, #1)
  • Demons Do It Better (Hidden Species #1)
  • Captive Mate (Mismatched Mates #2)
  • Hero (Wolves of Royal Paynes #1)
  • Devil (The Marchesi Family, #3)
  • Smash & Grab (RELIC #1)
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • Red Heir (Adventures in Aguillon #1)
  • Married to the Mobster (Morelli Family, #1)
  • Royally Screwed: A Tale of Two Princes
  • Angelo (The Marchesi Family #2)
  • Duking It Out (Royal Powers #1)
  • Prancing of a Papillon (Fuzzy Love, #2)
  • Prince's Master (Masters #1; Calluvia's Royalty, #4)
  • Bad Habits (Wages of Sin #1)
  • Unseen Beauty (The Cubi, #8)
  • Wood (True Lover's Stories, #2)
  • Looks Can Be Deceiving (The Lodge, #2)
(Goodreads profile run by Kat)

K. A. Merikan are a team of writers who try not to suck at adulting, with some success. Always eager to explore the murky waters of the weird and wonderful, K.A. Merikan don’t follow fixed formulas and want each of their books to be a surprise for those who choose to hop on for the ride.

K.A. Merikan have a few sweeter M/M romances as well, but they specialize in the d

Folk Lore (2 books)
  • Where the Devil Says Goodnight (Folk Lore, #1)

News & Interviews