Start by marking “Truly Madly Plaid (Prince Charlie's Angels, #2)” as Want to Read:
Truly Madly Plaid (Prince Charlie's Angels, #2)

Truly Madly Plaid

(Prince Charlie's Angels #2)

These Highland warriors are prepared to give up everything to fight for their country.

Annie MacPherson's world was torn apart when her family's castle was ravaged during the war. Determined to aid her countrymen, she braves the battlefield and finds Lieutenant Craig MacLean left for dead. Soon, her heart belongs to the fierce warrior.

As the English dragoons draw closer to
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Expected publication: December 29th 2020 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Truly Madly Plaid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truly Madly Plaid

Start your review of Truly Madly Plaid (Prince Charlie's Angels, #2)
Alisue
Oct 04, 2020 rated it liked it
I was given a copy for my honest review from Netgalley.

It was an interesting story of the highlands with a lot , and I mean a lot of history and battles within the story. Annie is a very strong heroine which I always enjoy in any romance story. Craig is having a lot of internal battles for his attraction to Annie, and its a good part of the story of him trying to figure it all out.
Haley
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
1746 Scotland is a time period I enjoy reading and the author put quite a bit of history into the story. A strong female lead, a charismatic Highlander, danger around every turn and intrigue afoot made for an exciting read! Thank you NetGalley and Sourcebooks Casablanca for access to this ARC.
Donna Duhig
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Truly Madly Plaid is a historical and romance fiction set in the mid 18th Century in Scotland during the rebellious rise of the Jacobites against the Red Coats. The main characters in the novel swore their allegiance to Prince Charles in his attempt to overthrow King George II and restore the House of Stuart to the throne. Their loyalty to the prince and their beliefs are evident throughout the book.

Annie is a strong female character, who is brave, determined and courageous. She has found he
Cat
Oct 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley for my honest review.

Truly, Madly Plaid is the second in Eliza Knight’s Prince Charlie’s Angels series. (Charlie’s Angels…see what she did there?) The book does a great job of standing alone though; I don’t think you need to read the first book (The Rebel Wears Plaid) to enjoy this one.

The book takes place in Scotland in the mid 18 th century, when the Jacobites were rebelling against British. I always struggle a little bit with books in this time pe
Elizabeth Williamson
I love Scotland. Anything set in Scotland, especially during the Jacobite/dragoon era- count me in! The description of this story is what ultimately drew me in. I am a shameless Outlander lover, and I felt like this story could have fit right in with Claire and Jamie's story. Annie is a healer and she is notorious for playing angel and doctor to the men in Prince Charles's army. Craig is a soldier in that army, and best friends with Annie's brother. He is intrigued by Annie but thinks nothing of ...more
Joanna Szabo
Oct 24, 2020 rated it liked it
A romance with Culloden in the actual plot, not just part of a tragic back story, was a difficult premise to pull off. It’s just...so sad, so deeply depressing, and while it does offer hurt/comfort and nurse-me-back-to-health vibes afterward, it's maybe not the amount needed to make up for the devastation of that battle. Despite the HEA, there's this grim pall over the whole storyline.

In fact, there was so much care taken to really show this dark part of Scotland's history that the actual romanc
Carole Burant
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this second book in the Prince Charlie's Angels series just as much as the first one. Taking place amidst the English trying to eliminate the Jacobite, there is plenty of danger, battles, fear and a daring rescue. One young woman, Annie, has made a vow to help as much as she can as a healer, even going into the battlefields in the aftermath of battles to save her own kind, Jacobite soldiers, who are barely alive. She has seen the ravages of war, has lost loved ones, and yet hope keeps ...more
Vicky
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is part of a Series , Charlie’s Angels? But , they are definitely stand alone books.
Book 2 is Better than Book 1 in my opinion for what it is worth! I loved Book 1,
However, Annie MacPherson is a treasure! She is calm, cool, collected, but she is fiery and fierce with total loyalty to the Cause!

Lieutenant Craig MacLean finds that his heart is being slowly filled with not only lust, but love for this spirited and desirous woman.

The Highlands are about to come alive because the adventures
Joanne
Oct 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Eliza Knight is one of the authors I follow. I saw her book in NetGalley and requested for a cooy so I can enjoy reading it. Now, I would like to share my reading experience.

This book is rich in events during a time of war in Scotland. It touched on history and historical facts. It has a battle scene that devastates the emotions. And it is during this time that the love between the hero and heroine developed. The heroine being a healer and the hero a warrior. I was not totally into the historic
Petula
Nov 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Annie Macpherson is a gifted healer who is very much in demand.  This story is set around the time of the battle of Culloden so there are very many wounded men for her to help.  Our heroine goes right to heart of the battlefield to search for her family.

Graig MacLean has fought for the Bonnie Prince trying hard to rid Scotland of the hated English King's men.  It's heart breaking and extremely dangerous, even after the main battle has ended.

A historical romance filled with courageous, strong
Shannon Janssen
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the second story of the series set during the second Jacobite rebellion which contains the Battle of Culloden. This was a very difficult time for Scotland and this is not a light hearted HEA story, but it is an EXCELLENT story. It is well written and the characters are great. There is duty, honor, friendship, loyalty and love. This book appealed to both the history buff and romantic in me. I have enjoyed both books in this series and look forward to the next installment.
Kate
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Prince Charlie's Angels series. We follow Doc Annie as she heals and protects Jacobite warriors after the battle of Culloden. After a terrible loss, Annie and Craig find themselves hiding from dragoons that are scouring the Highlands looking for Jacobites.

I really like the twining of Scottish history and the romance between Annie and Craig. This series features courageous women who are fighting for the freedom of Scotland. They are no damsels in distress.
Kim Vanravenswaay
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was so afraid that Truly Madly Plaid, was going to end like Romeo and Juliet did. It was a close call. A lot of gory parts during the battles. I skimmed through most of that. This book was fantastic though, a good Scottish Highland romance novel.
Sarah Aucoin
Aug 23, 2020
Kathleen Bianchi
Aug 26, 2020

• Kissing Lessons
  • Hit Me With Your Best Scot (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #3)
  • The Highlander's Unexpected Proposal (The Brothers of Wolf Isle, #1)
  • Highland Treasure (Highland Brides, #9)
  • Piers Plowman
  • Shadows of a Down East Summer (Antique Print, #5)
  • Love in Lockdown
  • The Violinist of Auschwitz
  • Ten Things I Hate About the Duke (Difficult Dukes, #2)
  • Playing With Trouble
  • Undressed with the Marquess (Lost Lords of London, #3)
  • The Princess and the Rogue (Bow Street Bachelors, #3)
  • Her Reluctant Highlander Husband (Clan MacKinlay, #2)
  • The Mistletoe Trap (Heart in the Game, #2)
  • Notorious (Rebels of the Ton, #1)
  • Love Is a Rogue (Wallflowers vs. Rogues, #1)
  • The Last Tiara
Eliza Knight is a USA Today bestselling and award-winning author of sizzling historical romance and erotic romance. Writing as E. Knight, she pens riveting tales of Tudor fiction. Eliza grew up playing in castle ruins and traipsing the halls of Versailles when visiting her grandparents during the summer, which instilled a love of history at an early age. While not reading, writing or researching f ...more

Prince Charlie's Angels (3 books)
  • The Rebel Wears Plaid (Prince Charlie's Angels, #1)
  • You've Got Plaid (Prince Charlie's Angels, #3)

News & Interviews