Start by marking “Bounce” as Want to Read:
Bounce

Bounce

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  327 ratings  ·  41 reviews
Bounce a ball right off your hands. Bounce it off your toes. Try to bounce a beach ball on the tip of your nose! Doreen Cronin and Scott Menchin, who had toddlers all over America jiggling with Wiggle, invite them now to hop, leap, pounce, and bounce to their hearts' content (though not on couches!). Because, after all, it's better to have bounced and bumped than never to ...more
Published April 24th 2007 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Bounce, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bounce

Kaitlin
The best way to describe this book is movement or bouncing. A dog is the main character and he bounces from page to page with a different background on every one. The point of this book is to get up and move because there are so many ways to have fun while being active such as bouncing balls, and bouncing like a frog.
There are no real dark colors in this book except for a night scene with bats which is actually more a light brown than black. This book was drawn with pen, ink, and digital color
Michelle McBeth
This story invites you to bounce in as many ways as you can think of. Bounce like a bunny. Bounce a ball off of your head. Bounce in a puddle. Watch the bees bounce in the day time and bats bounce at night.

The illustrations are mixed media and digitally rendered. They are fairly basic making it easier for the younger readers to enjoy.

I like the idea of a book about bouncing. But this activity to me should be a joyful and contagious activity. Unfortunately, the choppy word flow and, well, choppy
Ellenjsmellen
lame compared to her groundbreaking "duck" series.
Heidi
I love this dog. I think he is absolutely adorable. And I enjoy the rhyming and the various kinds of bounces. This is wright up with Wiggle, as far as going over and over with the action. Some kids like it, and some get bored. This could be a fun lap-read (if your lap is not up for bouncing, put the child next to you), but I think some storytime groups (particularly preschool) would enjoy it, too. After all, most of mine liked "Wiggle." A couple of humorous parts (Gene Kelly and Tennyson referen ...more
Erin Pilotte
A review of: Bounce

Publishing Details: Bounce
Author: Doreen Cronin
Year: 2007
Publishing: Simon & Shuster

Introduction: In her book Bounce, Doreen Cronin talks all about the importance of movement and trying. The story doesn’t have a true plot, but it does however have fantastic illustrations, which are accompanied by simple, engaging text that has a great rhyming rhythm to it.

Description: The well-known dog from Wiggle is back in this book and he is ready to bounce! Literally. In Bounce, we f
Bryan Gore
I paid a month of late fees for this one. We finally found it after looking for a month. We read it as we returned it. In fact, it was the perfect book to do with our activity, which had been independently planned. We read the book as we bounced on a Super Climber.
Stephanie Croaning
“It is better to have bounced and bumped, than never to have bounced at all. ”

The simple rhyming text is combined with basic illustrations and photographic images, making this a perfect candidate for a read-aloud for younger children.
Diane
"But it's better to have bounced and bumped ... than never to have bounced at all."

Bambi Pea
Used for a Letter "B" storytime today. The Kids loved finding all the letter "B" words.
Cindy Kleback
Rhyming text with sounds to engage the kids; would be great for story time.
Lakeside Branch
Action packed! You'll bounce your way through this book.
Kelly Veatch
Cute illustrations. I thought it was cute!
Tanya
Love the ending!
Library Quine
This is a perfect book for a young audience. It just bounces along! Lots of noises to attract attention - "Let's bounce like a frog! Ker-plop Ker-plop", rhymes and, most importantly, humour "If you bounce into a puddle, it's best to bounce in boots. If you MUST bounce in the market, it's best NOT to bounce in fruits!" the illustrations are bright and clear, and complement the text. Oh, and the last line makes all the parents smile (I'm sure the babies picked up on all the joy)!
Read at Baby Rhym
Kaethe
Cute. Best for energetic toddlers, very bad indeed as a bedtime book.
Fun and lively, this would be great for a preschool classroom. It takes us through all the ways to bounce ("...like a bunny...hip hop, like a frog...ker-plop"). The font in different sizes adds emphasis to bouncy words and the illustrations fairly bounce off the pages as well. There are plenty of laugh-out-loud lines, too: "Bouncing with your best friend is called a bouncing double. Bouncing on the couch is called big bouncing trouble."
Suzen
Cute, short read.
Snorkle
This is an okay book. I wasn't overly impressed with the text, but it was flippant and energetic. The illustrations were a strange mixture, cartoon mixed with cut-out photography. I might recommend.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2009...
Tam
Excerpt from book:
'C'mon! Let's bounce like a bunny! Hip hop, hip hop.
Let's bounce like a frog! Ker-plop. Ker-plop.
I'll bounce to the left . . . if you'll bounce to the right.
Bees bounce in the daytime. Bats bounce in the night.
Jaimee
Bounce with this adorably dog and his animal friends to an upbeat rhythm. Her other books are geared to children a little older. This books is simple but full of action. It best for Early Preschool and Preschool children.
Kelly
Nice, concise text with colorful illustrations. My 4-month-old daughter enjoyed it, but I think it would be best for kids who can act out parts as you're reading, like "C'mon! Let's bounce like a bunny!"
carissa
Recommended Ages: toddler - Pre-K

My husband I debate whether "Bounce" or "Wiggle" is better. I personally prefer "Wiggle", but do enjoy the energy of "Bounce", as do my children.
Adored and requested frequently by the resident toddler (who also lives by the "better to have bounced than to never have bounced at all" motto).
the Reeds
Kinda disappointed. We enjoyed Click Clack Moo and all her other barnyard stories that this seemed a bit of a letdown in comparison.
Angela
May 21, 2008 Angela rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents with young kids
Shelves: childrens-books
My daughter loves this book, she bounces everytime I read it. The text is funny and the pictures are super cute. Fun read for little ones.
Nick
This book is a fun one to read after recess or a snack. Its a simple story about how bouncing can be fun.
Youth Services
Another cute story from the team that did Wiggle, the sentences even have a "boucy" rhythm to them JD
Megan
Cute. I like these books because it gets the kids moving...Like Andrew needs that. :)
Daryl Murphy
PB48 – I really enjoyed this story all about bouncing and it had Great colorful pictures
  • We've All Got Bellybuttons!
  • One Pup's Up
  • Dancing Feet!
  • Tanka Tanka Skunk!
  • What Shall We Do With The Boo Hoo Baby?
  • What Will Fat Cat Sit On?
  • Move Over, Rover!
  • Peekaboo Morning
  • Clip-Clop
  • This Little Chick
  • Lines That Wiggle
Doreen Cronin was a practicing attorney in Manhattan when her first book Click, Clack Moo: Cows That Type became a publishing success. But her book was not published overnight, in fact, she had written this barnyard tale even before attending law school but only received rejection letters from publishers. Five years after submitting the original manuscript she got a call from a publisher who want ...more
More about Doreen Cronin...
Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type Giggle, Giggle, Quack Diary of a Worm Diary of a Spider Dooby Dooby Moo

“It is better to have bounced and bumped than never to have bounced at all. ” 8 likes