Start by marking “Bounce” as Want to Read:
Bounce

Bounce

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  460 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Bounce a ball right off your hands. Bounce it off your toes. Try to bounce a beach ball on the tip of your nose! Doreen Cronin and Scott Menchin, who had toddlers all over America jiggling with Wiggle, invite them now to hop, leap, pounce, and bounce to their hearts' content (though not on couches!). Because, after all, it's better to have bounced and bumped than never to ...more
Published April 24th 2007 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Bounce, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bounce

Ellenjsmellen
Jan 03, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: beginner-reader
lame compared to her groundbreaking "duck" series.
Ms Threlkeld
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Silly read aloud that encourages movement.
Kelly
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you want to get your little one to jump around and get the wiggles out, this is the book. It's all about bouncing. Simple book, and cute.
Miss Sarah
Mar 24, 2017 rated it liked it
A cute book about animals bouncing throughout their day. Nice change to get kids moving. Toddler and up.
Kaitlin
Dec 01, 2014 rated it liked it
The best way to describe this book is movement or bouncing. A dog is the main character and he bounces from page to page with a different background on every one. The point of this book is to get up and move because there are so many ways to have fun while being active such as bouncing balls, and bouncing like a frog.
There are no real dark colors in this book except for a night scene with bats which is actually more a light brown than black. This book was drawn with pen, ink, and digital color
Erin Pilotte
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A review of: Bounce

Publishing Details: Bounce
Author: Doreen Cronin
Year: 2007
Publishing: Simon & Shuster

Introduction: In her book Bounce, Doreen Cronin talks all about the importance of movement and trying. The story doesn’t have a true plot, but it does however have fantastic illustrations, which are accompanied by simple, engaging text that has a great rhyming rhythm to it.

Description: The well-known dog from Wiggle is back in this book and he is ready to bounce! Literally. In Bounce, we f
Heidi-Marie
I love this dog. I think he is absolutely adorable. And I enjoy the rhyming and the various kinds of bounces. This is wright up with Wiggle, as far as going over and over with the action. Some kids like it, and some get bored. This could be a fun lap-read (if your lap is not up for bouncing, put the child next to you), but I think some storytime groups (particularly preschool) would enjoy it, too. After all, most of mine liked "Wiggle." A couple of humorous parts (Gene Kelly and Tennyson referen ...more
Michelle McBeth
This story invites you to bounce in as many ways as you can think of. Bounce like a bunny. Bounce a ball off of your head. Bounce in a puddle. Watch the bees bounce in the day time and bats bounce at night.

The illustrations are mixed media and digitally rendered. They are fairly basic making it easier for the younger readers to enjoy.

I like the idea of a book about bouncing. But this activity to me should be a joyful and contagious activity. Unfortunately, the choppy word flow and, well, choppy
Library Quine
This is a perfect book for a young audience. It just bounces along! Lots of noises to attract attention - "Let's bounce like a frog! Ker-plop Ker-plop", rhymes and, most importantly, humour "If you bounce into a puddle, it's best to bounce in boots. If you MUST bounce in the market, it's best NOT to bounce in fruits!" the illustrations are bright and clear, and complement the text. Oh, and the last line makes all the parents smile (I'm sure the babies picked up on all the joy)!
Read at Baby Rhym
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Fun and lively, this would be great for a preschool classroom. It takes us through all the ways to bounce ("...like a bunny...hip hop, like a frog...ker-plop"). The font in different sizes adds emphasis to bouncy words and the illustrations fairly bounce off the pages as well. There are plenty of laugh-out-loud lines, too: "Bouncing with your best friend is called a bouncing double. Bouncing on the couch is called big bouncing trouble."
May 19, 2009 rated it liked it
This is an okay book. I wasn't overly impressed with the text, but it was flippant and energetic. The illustrations were a strange mixture, cartoon mixed with cut-out photography. I might recommend.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2009...
Stephanie Croaning
“It is better to have bounced and bumped, than never to have bounced at all. ”

The simple rhyming text is combined with basic illustrations and photographic images, making this a perfect candidate for a read-aloud for younger children.
Kelly
Jan 19, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, picture-book
Nice, concise text with colorful illustrations. My 4-month-old daughter enjoyed it, but I think it would be best for kids who can act out parts as you're reading, like "C'mon! Let's bounce like a bunny!"
Jaimee
Mar 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Bounce with this adorably dog and his animal friends to an upbeat rhythm. Her other books are geared to children a little older. This books is simple but full of action. It best for Early Preschool and Preschool children.
Tam
Aug 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Excerpt from book:
'C'mon! Let's bounce like a bunny! Hip hop, hip hop.
Let's bounce like a frog! Ker-plop. Ker-plop.
I'll bounce to the left . . . if you'll bounce to the right.
Bees bounce in the daytime. Bats bounce in the night.
Rosa Cline
Jan 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, picture-book, 2017
This is more of a picture book than a story book. Each page has two or three words describing 'something' that bounces and what fun you can do with bouncing. My adult special needs son giggled and smiled at the illustrations within the book.
Bryan
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I paid a month of late fees for this one. We finally found it after looking for a month. We read it as we returned it. In fact, it was the perfect book to do with our activity, which had been independently planned. We read the book as we bounced on a Super Climber.
Jan 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
My husband I debate whether "Bounce" or "Wiggle" is better. I personally prefer "Wiggle", but do enjoy the energy of "Bounce", as do my children.
Kristina Jean Lareau
Storytime fodder. Fun and jumpy.
Nick
Apr 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: t-l-306
This book is a fun one to read after recess or a snack. Its a simple story about how bouncing can be fun.
Maeghan Librarian
Jun 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: rhymes
Cute, but not quite as easy to interact with as Cronin's other similar book, Wiggle.
Murph Eugene
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
PB48 – I really enjoyed this story all about bouncing and it had Great colorful pictures
Jake
Apr 07, 2008 added it
Shelves: dog-books
another awesome book from Doreen Cronin!
Bambi Pea
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Used for a Letter "B" storytime today. The Kids loved finding all the letter "B" words.
Megan Martin
Nov 29, 2010 rated it liked it
Cute. I like these books because it gets the kids moving...Like Andrew needs that. :)
Lisa
Sep 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone with young children
Shelves: children
Teaches children to be active (the different ways they can bounce).
Cindy Kleback
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dogs
Rhyming text with sounds to engage the kids; would be great for story time.
Amanda Martinez Kirby
Mar 07, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Not my favorite, but so much fun to do at storytime
Youth Services
Nov 18, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
Another cute story from the team that did Wiggle, the sentences even have a "boucy" rhythm to them JD
Lori
Nov 14, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Guest appearance by "Gene Kelly".
  • Overboard!
  • We've All Got Bellybuttons!
  • Tanka Tanka Skunk!
  • One Pup's Up
  • Tip Tip Dig Dig
  • Farmyard Beat
  • Can You Make a Scary Face?
  • What Shall We Do With The Boo Hoo Baby?
  • Whose Nose and Toes?
  • Looking for a Moose
  • The Seals on the Bus
  • Move Over, Rover!
  • Lines That Wiggle
Doreen Cronin was a practicing attorney in Manhattan when her first book Click, Clack Moo: Cows That Type became a publishing success. But her book was not published overnight, in fact, she had written this barnyard tale even before attending law school but only received rejection letters from publishers. Five years after submitting the original manuscript she got a call from a publisher who want ...more
More about Doreen Cronin...

“It is better to have bounced and bumped than never to have bounced at all. ” 10 likes