Start by marking “Hard to Say Yes (The Fallout Series 3)” as Want to Read:
Hard to Say Yes (The Fallout Series 3)

Hard to Say Yes (The Fallout Series 3)

I’ve been burned one too many times.

Fresh off a breakup with a man I was supposed to way and I have no interest in trying that again. While other people my age are graduating from college and starting their careers, I’ve been working since I was a teen and raising my son. Even with the most engaged co-parent, things have never been easy.

When Tegan Schwartz moves to town a

To ask other readers questions about Hard to Say Yes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard to Say Yes

Start your review of Hard to Say Yes (The Fallout Series 3)
Shermaine Dowling
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This story concerns Maddie, who had a child (Dylan) about 6 years ago, as a result of a one-time sexual encounter with her favorite guy friend, Zac, while still in high school. She lives for her son, and her latest boyfriend turns out to be a total douche who wanted her give up custody of Dylan to Zac. Reeling from that breakup, she explains the whole sordid ordeal to her friends, one of which is Tegan, brother of one of tight-knit little group. A little later Tegan asks Maddie to go out with hi ...more
Juliana Ignácio
We were introduced to Maddie and Tegan in the previous books, as she was Laney's best friend and has a son with Zac, little Dylan. And Tegan is Rhian's brother, who came to live with her.
Despite becoming pregnant as a teenager, Zac gave all the support to Maddie and the two co-parenting their son.
When Maddie's relationship with Ian ends due to his selfish actions, she decides to take a break from relationships and focus only on her son.
Tegan had already noticed Maddie, but since she was in a rel
Barbara
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had read the first two books in the series and enjoyed the characters (even though I am much older than them) as they worked there were through challenging times. Laney and Zac - reconnecting after terrible loss and betrayal. Rhiann and Porter - dealing with difficult parents and misperceptions. In this book you have Maddie and Tegan (Rhiann's brother). Maddie is trying to make a connection with the type of man she thinks she should be with, but when she discovers her couldn't be farther from ...more
Linda McKay
Life can make it Hard to Say Yes to love.
This plot lays out the problems of finding — and trusting — love for the single mom. I divorced when my child was a toddler, and I identified with all the fears and phobias of dating and weighing your kiddo’s happiness and security first. Not to mention the monumental process of finding some seemingly nice guy who’s pretending to be normal but will go psycho after a couple of dates! The author has woven these factors into an interesting story with a sweet
Amy Johnson
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed "Hard to Say Yes" by Heather Young-Nichols. I am a fan of this author and have been for quite some time. This author writes in a way that speaks to each reader - it's realistic and contain story lines that can and are happening all around us. The characters are fun to read and all of the series I've read by her grab hold of you right away and keep you hooked until that last book. I'm sad to see this series come to an end - but I'm happy with the stories and how they were tol ...more
Kristen Lewendon
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There’s a lot of tension roiling beneath the surface of this pair. Both the good kind, the chemistry that drew them together, and the bad kind, the emotional baggage that ends up tripping Maddie and Tegan up. But I don’t dare go into any of that because it will land me firmly in spoiler territory. Maddie may have needed to be the responsible adult for a long time now, but she’s got some emotional maturing that needs to happen before she and Tegan can get their happy ever after. There was a point ...more
Lori R
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in The Fallout series by Heather Young-Nichols. It featured Maddie who had a son at seventeen. I loved the relationship Maddie had with Zac, the father of her child, Dylan. I liked how they co-parented Dylan and worked together putting Dylan first. It was interesting to see how a bad relationship with a boyfriend had such power over a new relationship. I really liked how Maddie had a close group of friends and she was also close to her parents and sisters too. It was fun t ...more
Emily Pennington
Shelves: reviewed
Becoming a parent at the age of 17, Maddie has had to be the responsible one, working and caring for her child, Dylan. She has dated enough to know she can’t trust or rely on anyone else, so she lives only for her son.

When Tegan Schwartz seems interested in her, Maddie stubbornly pushes him away, not believing he offers anything more than the others who have lied to her. But he is persistent and sincere, and the solid walls she built to protect her heart just may crumble. She does need to learn
Sheila
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Maddie gets pregnant in high school by a friend Zac at a bad time for both of them and have stayed friends while raising their son. She does not date much so when the one guy she has dated for a while decides he does not want to help her raise her son she knows its time to let him go. When she gets together with Zac and the other friends from school she meets Tegan who ask her out but she wants to take a break from men and tells him no. As they continue to hang out together she finally gives in ...more
Mindy Lopez
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is Book 3 in the Fallout Series by this author, and can be read as a standalone. It is a sweet romance between single mom Maddie and Tegan. It is a slow burn love story filled with drama, passion, twists and turns, plus engaging secondary characters to keep the reader interested. The emotions are frustrating and bittersweet. The story flows smoothly and the chemistry between the main characters is hot. An engaging page turner with a happy for now ending.

I received a free copy of this book v
Wanda
May 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book 3 of The Fallout Series brings Maddie’s story to the front. This gives Maddie’s POV and wow does it bring the emotions! Maddie and Tegan get together but the mental abuse She suffered from Ian causes her to snap when Tegan makes a comment in jest that is reminiscent of Ian’s attitude. A lot of baggage is dealt with in this story and of course the whole gang (Zac, Laney, Porter, Rhian, and of course Dylan) are a part of the story so you see how each couple has progressed. This is a great ser ...more
Antoinette Bull
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Maddie is fresh from a break up with her boyfriend who turns out to be a selfish person. The final straw was when he takes her away for the weekend and produces documents that he asks her to sign giving sons father custody of him. She walks out and returns home. One of her friends has her brother living at her home and Maddie seems to tell him stuff she would not tell her friends, but she is reluctant to go on a date with him. This story tell of their ups and downs in building trust and looking ...more
Ann Gibbs
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series! This is Maddie and Tegan's story and could not have been written any better. Maddie has been hurt before and it almost ruins her HEA with Tegan. Tegan is such a great guy but he makes a stupid joke that almost cost him Maddie. Their connection is unmistakable with plenty of steam, some drama, humor and love.

Deb
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An emotional and enjoyable story that was realistic and believable. The connection between the cast of characters had a familial feel to it. The closeness of this relationship was interesting to behold. The author easily conveyed the love each one felt for the other in their own way. I loved that she and her friend put their son first. I also loved the forgiveness of the other affected characters. Then a new connection is forged between the two main characters and the story took off. Loved it.
Michelle
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hard To Say Yes is a heartbreakingly beautiful ending to Maddie's journey of love. Maddie has been hurt so she's pulls away from Tegan. Tegan doesn't let her get away that easily. These two go through so much on their journey to get their HEA and I was cheering them on the whole way. This is a great ending to The Fallout Series and I look forward to reading the next book this amazing author writes. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book. ...more
Jeanne Richardson
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've read several books written by Heather Young-Nichols; she has done a great job at writing a good book; she is becoming one of my favorite authors. I can’t wait to read more of books her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
This story is about growth. Maddie has had to be the responsible one for so long and has been disappointed too many times that the only person she lives for is her son. Tegan begins to crumble those walls she's built and I loved reading how they traveled these feelings and Maddie learning to mature some more and trust. It's beautiful, steamy, sweet.

J. Ockenhouse
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heather wrote a very character strong story. The growth and maturity that needs to happen for happiness to shine its bright light through the fog. I was hooked like a worm to the words.

I felt every struggle, trip, get up and that extended hand that grabbed my heart. I received an ARC for an honest and voluntarily review.
Maja
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This author never disappoints... until now. Sadly this one is not going to be a five stars from me. It was a lot -too much - of telling instead of showing, for my taste. A good story, but I've read better from her. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. ...more
Ashleigh
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is captivating!

It grabs you right from the start keeping you engrossed and turning page after page throughout the whole book!

I loved everything about it - the characters, the plot, the emotion, and the writing!

I received a copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily.
Becca
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book. I liked Tegan and Maddie together. I didn’t agree with how Maddie handled some things, but was happy with the end result. I also liked the other couples and the whole family dynamic their group has.

Maria G
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked Maddie and how she and Zac coparented their son together. I felt for Maddie because of her bad run of relationships. I liked reading about Tegan and Maddie and the ups and downs before they get to their happily ever after.

Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just the absolute best story. It had me captivated from the beginning with the hot steamy scenes. I really enjoyed reading this book and I would recommend it! Everything I like to read about and more. Such a great story I will read again and again. A keeper!!

Barbara
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book three in The Fallout Series a well written story a story with a lot of tension between Tegan Schwartz and Maddie. She has to let go of her past to move on. I enjoyed reading. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Cali Jewel
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this heartwarming and emotional journey filled with exciting and engaging charters, witty dialog, heart racing twists and exciting turns. A great read from beginning to end and so hard to put down.
Elvira
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow I enjoyed this book. The characters are well developed and engaging with undeniable chemistry between the couple which made for a great storyline that kept me turning the pages.

Sara
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was an amazing read. I absolutely loved this book. The storylines were fabulous and the chemistry between the characters was amazing. I definitely recommend this book.

Jeanne Kotsios
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing

This book hooked me from the get go I just couldn’t put it down I fell in love with these characters and omg what a story just a perfect

I received a free copy of this book via booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review

Acai
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
After dating a real turd, she’s afraid to give her friends brother a chance. He’s going to show her that he’s worth taking a risk for. I enjoyed this novel.
Beth Mitchell parker
Feb 07, 2021

• Her Cowboy Daddies (Rainbow Canyons Cowboys, #4)
  • What Happens in Vegas (What Happens In... #1)
  • Take a Chance on Me (All I Want, #6)
  • The SEAL's Pregnant Ex (The Admiral's Seal, #3)
  • Reputation (Mason Family, #2)
  • The SEAL's Beautiful Nanny (The Admiral's Seals, #2)
  • Call Me Crazy (Bellamy Creek, #3)
  • Guilty Pleasure (Redemption #4)
  • The Rebel (Looking to Score #1)
  • For The Love of Easton
  • Sullivan (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team, #5)
  • My Kind of Love (Finding Love #1)
  • All I Have Left: A Second Chance Military Romance
  • To My First And Last One Night Stand (The Inappropriate Bachelors, #3)
  • Fire (Brewed #4)
  • Room 4 Rent
  • Straight Up (Twisted Fox, #3)
Heather Young-Nichols is a multi-published YA and contemporary romance author and a native of the great and often very cold state of Michigan. She is better known at home and to her friends as the Snarker-in-Chief, a job she excels at beyond anything she could have imagined. She loves many things, but especially cold coffee, hot books, and baseball. But not necessarily in that order.

News & Interviews

Secrets between siblings, grandparents with grievances, parents with problems. If you're looking for serious drama, check out these new...