Start by marking “Unruly Protector (Cocky Hero Club)” as Want to Read:
Unruly Protector (Cocky Hero Club)

Unruly Protector

(Cocky Hero Club)

An arranged marriage.
A moment washed in blood.
A heart fueled by vengeance.
It all consumes the life of one Unruly Protector.

Clemente accepted an arranged marriage as part of a deal to keep his sister safe. Though, he never expected the woman he was now connected with for life creating a weakness he never saw coming.

Caterina grew up in the mafia world and fully embraced her

To ask other readers questions about Unruly Protector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unruly Protector

Start your review of Unruly Protector (Cocky Hero Club)
Tzelina
Dnf ..... unfortunately
Probably wrong timing 😕
Yours Truly, Diana * burningdesire_x3 *
goodreads-pic

What happens in the mafia, stays in the mafia
*arc generously provided by the promo team in exchange for an honest review*

This is my first Esther E. Schmidt book. I'm very sorry that I didn't like it as much as I'd hoped. The premise of the arranged marriage and the surrounding drama was great, and the leading lady was strong. However, I didn't connect with the story. It had its entertaining moments. The chemistry between the leads definitely grew on me. I also liked the early dilemma that wa
Neringa Neringiukas
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I so do love these type of stories. Love a$$hole but lovable H. You know the type. You wanna to slap the sh¡t out of him and jump him at the same time. Clemente was just...
Love strong, smart and kicka$$ h. It's already great, when h accepts her man's dark side, but when she herself dabbles in it too... Rina wasn't just a pretty accessory.
Such a perfect couple.
Honestly, I'm all over with my excitement, so probably I make no sense. Sorry for that. Lol
Jessica Alcazar
After reading this in Unruly Defender,
Gracy (his half-sister) to Clemente: “How’s your fiancée doing?”
There isn’t a twitch on his face as he instantly replies, “Still breathing and plotting ways to kill me, the usual.”
I was on pins and needles waiting for Clemente’s story. I knew it would be a mafia/arranged marriage and probably predictable, but maybe not. And it wasn’t! What an exceptional twist this was. Catarina was a fresh of breath air for this trope and I loved it! Their connection
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
Untitled design-High-Quality
My Review

This one was well written and had everything I usually go for but there was something missing here for me.

On the surface, it had all the correct ingredients mafia, arranged marriage etc but I struggled to connect with the characters themselves and found it hard to get invested in them or even care about there outcome.
It just didn’t have the grittiness I look for in my mafia romances.

I also wasn’t feeling a connection between Clemente and Caterina their relationship didn’t feel authentic or easy
Abstract  ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

'Unruly Protector' is a standalone Mafia Romance novel based on the cocky hero club series. Arranged marriage is one of my top favourite tropes and this author seemed to hit right onto that!!

I have always been a sucker for asshole heroes and sassy heroines who bring them to their knees. Those ones are the best. This book was the same. What starts as an arrangement between two of the main characters develops into something so deep and heart
Wendy Hodges
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Clements came across as tough and unyielding especially when it comes to business dealings, but I felt that underneath that exterior he was just like everyone else, needing to be loved, understood and supported in every way. With an arranged marriage he has no expectations that it will be a certainty of love, his hope is at least to get on nd enjoy each other's company. Finally meeting Caterina he gets so much more than he could ever dream of I loved this book, it has some hard edges with mafia ...more
Rhonda
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Mafia stories, like really love them so when I saw Esther Schmidt was going to have a mafia book in this world, I wondered how it would be. I mean, I've read her MC books and they are great. After reading Clemente and Caterina's story, I have to say I think she should write more mafia. I really, really enjoyed it. He's kind of a jerk at first but that changes over the course of the story. It was one of those books I couldn't put down.
Katie Kavanagh
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First off Esther seriously knows how to write a Mafia book! In this book you get an a**hole hero and a strong a** female. You get a glimpse of Clemente in Unruly Defender but get to really know him in this story. Clemente and Rina met due to an arrange marriage but Clemente truly didnt know that his soon to be wife trained to be a mafia wife. Rina, first off I want to be her!! Rina and Clemente were truly made for each other. He had his guard up especially after what he has experienced but Rina ...more
Teresa Lara
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this series
Clemente and Rina grabbed my heart
Intense emotional broken heart stopping love story
Ready for more
Whynter Raven
Clemente and Caterina's story was outstanding. Esther needs to write more Mafia books!! ( I still love her MC series to death, but she shines with her Mafia.) Clemente has met his match with Caterina ( I just love her). Clemente in the beginning what a prick ( that's putting it mildly lol ) But you will fall in love with him real quick. All I got to really say is you really need to read Unruly Defender and Unruly Protector.

Audible
Loved the audible version of this story. Great narrates.
Tracy Supple
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy f**k I'd forgotten how much I love when Esther writes mafia books don't get me wrong I love all her MC Books but when she does mafia she does it phenomenally and I'm always left craving so much more of it. The storyline was amazing I loved how not only the main characters are the focal point but also the other characters had a big part of the story too. Clem ( ye I shortened his name because I think it suits him ) was all alpha asshole but a softy as well which really made him more attracti ...more
Renee
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing

An arranged marriage. A moment washed in blood. A heart fueled by vengeance. It all consumes the life of on Unruly Protector. Clemente accepted an arranged marriage as part of a deal to keep her sister safe. Though, he never expected the woman he was now connected with for life creating a weakness he never saw coming. Caterina grew up in the mafia world and fully embraced her fate; choosing to become
Victoria Weston
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is part of the cocky hero collection and a a mafia romance/arranged marriage romance read.
Clemente is the leader of the mafia group and is a real alpha male too. He,s cocky, arrogant but also a gentle side to him too that not many people tend to see. When he agrees to the plan of the arranged marriage he didn't expect what he got. This beautiful woman and her personality he just thought that she would have just been submissive like every one else.
Caterina is a beautiful woman who is s
Kathy Wideman
This book is part of the Cocky Hero Club collection. It is actually the second book she has done for the collection. This book ties into the first she did for the collection. Clemente agreed to get married in an effort to make sure his sister stayed safe. He couldn’t have imagined a better match for him than the woman he got. Catarina grew up knowing she would have an arranged marriage. She has trained her whole life to be a help to her future husband not just some wilting flower in the backgrou ...more
Kari Hansen
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Clemente is the powerful man who rules his mafia organization with an iron fist. He will not tolerate betrayal but when it comes to his family he cares deeply. A marriage has been arranged but he is about to find out that his prospective bride is unlike any woman he has met before.

Caterina was raised in a mafia family and she has always known what her future would hold however she is neither meek or mild and is determined to show her new husband that she is a force to be reckoned with.

Clemente a
Danielle Marlowe
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Esther E. Schmidt did a wonderful job on Unruly Protector, the plot was strong, it was written well, it was packed with many emotions.
Clemente and Caterina were strong characters that were meant for each other. What started out arranged, turned into something so much strong. From the moment Caterina and Clemente met, they were drawn to one another, the attraction, their connection was strong. The chemistry between them was off the charts, they were great together. Their journey may have it's bu
Terra Drynan-Werder
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd book by this author that I have read and both take place in the Cocky Hero Club world.
I really enjoyed Celmente and Caterina story, it was not what I was expecting at all (OMG how he interacts with Rocco). Caterina was an unexpected surprise also, I don't want to give anything away I would just suggest that reading this book. I can't wait to read more by this author. I voluntarily read an advance reader copy of this book for an honest review.
Lisa Stinson
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed Clemente and Caterina’s story. Due to unforeseen circumstances, these two were forced to have an arranged marriage. But as soon as these two lay eyes on each other the first time, it’s clear to see nothing is forced between them.

Caterina is the perfect complement to Clemente and the life he must lead. She absolutely fits in perfectly with him and his entourage. She isn’t afraid to speak her mind and help them all fight for the life they deserve.

Loved the mafia aspects in this bo
World Of Books 65
Be prepared to have your mind blown by ‘Unruly Protector’ – a really great Mafia story with not only a strong head of the familia in Clemente but Caterina the woman who has been brought up with one mission to be groomed as his wife. But put aside of any thoughts that Rina is a submissive wife who is at her husbands beck and call this woman is one kick a** woman who will blow your mind; I want to be Rina just for a little while; to have her confidence and resolve even though how life was mapped o ...more
Claire Powell
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Clemente and Caterina have been told they will be married, but it's an arrangement to unite and strengthen Clemente - his rule over all Mafia bosses.
Nether are your typical Mafia members especially Caterina and as the story unfolds you quickly become her champion to create havoc and right wrongs.
My favourite character had to be Clemente's uncle, he's present yet he's not but he seems to be the foundation on which their marriage builds.

This book is as good as the previous, Unruly Defender - reco
Sophie Ruthven
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book so much!!!
After completely adoring the characters and plot in Unruly Defender, I knew that Unruly Proctector would be just as epic (I wasn't wrong).
I also loved how last time it was MC and this time was Mafia, as they are to of my to favourite genres.
Like the UD, UP will completely consume you from cover to cover, Wish I could rocket ball myself into their world like Rocco has. I cannot reccomend this book enough.
Elyse Kelly
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great mafia romance!

This was my first book by Esther E. Schmidt and I really enjoyed it! Mafia romances are some of my favorites and this one was pretty good!

Clemente is the head of a mafia family and finds himself in an arranged marriage. He expects his future wife to merely be a wilting wallflower, but Caterina is nothing like he expects. Born into the life, she was trained to be Clemente’s wife. She’s not just a wife or arm candy, she’s meant to be his true partner, a real ride or die.

I real
Belinda
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy moly this book was so awesome. I haven’t read too many mafia books but this one is now my favourite. I had never read any of Esther’s books before but I am now a fan and will read them. In this book we follow Clemente and Catarina’s story and it was so good, so hot and sexy and throw in the mafia and I couldn’t put it down, I happily gave up sleep to finish this book. Five stars is not enough. Simply wonderful. This book is part of The Cocky Hero Club but can be read as a standalone. I rece ...more
Chikap09
Sep 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Unruly Protector is a mafia romance set in the world of Cocky Bastard by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland. We follow the head of the California Famiglia, Clemente, who has recently agreed to an arranged marriage to Caterina. What he doesn't expect is someone who completes and compliments him in every way. Someone who utterly enhances his power as Boss. She, however, had every intention of being a loyal asset to her husband, but falling in love with him came as a bonus.

If you like mafia romance, you
Michelle
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Esther's mafia romances and this one doesn't disappoint! Clemente his the head of the California famiglia and has agreed to an arranged marriage. Caterina has been "trained" for her roll as a mafia wife. Clemente is surprised when he figures out that his wife to be is so much more than a wallflower. She is feisty, confident and his match in many ways. The chemistry and dynamics between these two are absolutely perfect and makes for a great read!
Lynne Garlick
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Five huge stars for this! I absolutely loved Unruly Defender, that book was based on Gracey and Eddie. Gracey is Clemente's sister and makes an appearance in this, so I highly recommend you read that one first.
Clemente!! Sweet Jesus that man!! He takes A-hole to a new dimension! I found myself wanting to throat punch him and then climb him like a tree, in equal measures!! At the beginning anyway, the throat punching I mean!!
He has certainly found his equal with Caterina and together they could
Linda Dunn
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Once in a lifetime you meet someone who changes everything...

I love Mafia stories so this was a no brainer for me. Clemente was everything stereotypical for a Mafia boss. Strong, deadly and commanding. The exception being when Clemente meets the woman who was arranged to be his wife. He is pleasantly surprised when he meets Caterina. She is feisty, fierce and every bit as forceful as Clemente. A perfect match in the bedroom as well as dealing with their enemies.

Clemente finds himself for the fir
Donna
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
First book by Esther E. Schmidt and wanting to read more. This is one of my favorite genres- Mafia. If you love mafia, arranged marriages, cocky hero’s , sassy heroine’s filled with angst, drama and suspense then you need to read this one. Another good book in the Cocky Hero Series World.
Spunky N Sassy
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Julie's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Clemente and Caterina are a real match made for perfection. He assumed he was getting a weak wife but boy was he wrong. She is very strong. very knowledgeable and very beautiful. Excellent writing with a storyline I didn’t expect. Awesome read.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Risky Rockstar
  • Tattooed Troublemaker
  • Heartless Bastard (Rich Ruthless Bastards, #1; Cocky Hero Club)
  • Bruno: Heartless Mafia Boss
  • Doc (Ruthless Kings MC, #7)
  • Mafia Casanova
  • Gunner (Ride: Second Generation, #4)
  • Dreamer (Trigger Pull MC, #2)
  • The Endgame Is You (Rixon Raiders, #4)
  • Love in a Small Town (Pine Harbour, #1)
  • Ignite (The Disciples, #4)
  • Kiwi
  • Piece by Piece (The Riggins Brothers #2)
  • Tyrant Twins
  • Havoc's Mate (Badlands Territory #2)
  • The Prospect (Of Rebel Rage MC #3)
  • Perfect Wreckage (Wrecked #2)
Esther E. Schmidt is an USA Today bestselling author who loves to write MC (biker) series, Mafia Romance series, PNR series, contemporary romance series, and more. She's a graphic designer that also loves to write. She released her first series "Areion Fury MC" in October 2015. Esther lives in The Netherlands with her family, three daughters, and a crazy iguana. She loves to write about bad boy Al ...more

Cocky Hero Club (1 - 10 of 143 books)
  • Hotshot Deceiver (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Dirty Player (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Cocky Duke (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Bloodthirsty Bastard (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Powerful Bastard (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Mister Manhattan (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Mister Stand-In (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Untitled (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Cocky Suit (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Cocky Contender (Cocky Hero Club)