Start by marking “The Fifth Sense (Order of Magic #4)” as Want to Read:
The Fifth Sense (Order of Magic #4)

(Order of Magic #4)

Some secrets refuse to stay buried.

By all rights, Sue Jewel should be dead. In place of celebrating her fortieth birthday, she was wrapped in plastic and stuffed in the trunk of a car. Worst part is the man she promised to spend her life with is the one who tried to kill her. With a little help from Fate, Sue walks away from the ordeal, but her husband doesn’t.

Now with a
Published December 17th 2020 by The Raven Books LLC (first published December 14th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about The Fifth Sense, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fifth Sense

Start your review of The Fifth Sense (Order of Magic #4)
Michelle
Dec 16, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

The Fifth Sense - Paranormal Women's Fiction

Some secrets refuse to stay buried.

Now with a new lease on life, Sue wants to put as much mileage between her past and her prese
Nikki Brooks
The Sisters of Magical mayhem are getting a new recruit!

Sue woke in hospital after a bad car crash but she is telling no-one the full truth. Her husband wanted rid of her and decided to kill her, on her 40th Birthday! She'd already put up with so much from the hateful abuser but she just couldn't admit what he had done to her. Even to herself really.

But when her TV is possessed and she finds herself still getting sensory reminders of a%%hat, she listens to the TB and gets herself to Freewild Cov
Cheryl Drake johnson
Sue finds herself waking up in the hospital on her fortieth birthday to find that she is lucky to be alive but lies about what happened to her. She has serious injuries and is recovering in the hospital and when she finally gets home to her house, it is like the house is possessed by her husband she could smell, taste, and feel the man she had been married to. Sue saw an ad on the tv and it encouraged her to go to Freewild Cove, NC. Just so happens the bus she is on stops right in the town of Fr ...more
Melissa
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The journey Sue goes on is a powerful journey. She wakes up in the hospital after years of abuse, finally free from her abuser, due to luck (or fate). He was going to kill her but instead winds up dead in an accident. However, just as she thinks she's free...she starts to feel cursed and follows the signs to go to Freewild Cove.

This story really hits home on how any woman, or man, in an abusive relationship feels. She blames herself and thinks others will blame her for not being "strong" enough
Lisa Malmquist
Sue Jewel finds herself in the hospital after a serious car wreck. The fact that her psychopathic husband had wrapped her in plastic and stuffed her into the trunk of the car before wrecking said car, was not a great 40th birthday present.
She walked away and he didn't.
Meanwhile, it seems like something supernatural and very dark is haunting her.
She somehow makes it to Freewild Cove and meets a few others like her that needed a new start on their lives. Including the handsome coffee shop owner.
Theresa Derwin
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the fourth book in this midlife paranormal women series, in which Sue Jewels survives a car crash, though her husband Hank dies, and after messages from a haunted TV set, she flees to Freewilde Cove, meeting Heather, Lorna and Vivienne, women who’ve all discovered new powers.
They each hold a ring of dead psychic medium Julia Warwick, and through the rings they are linked together to become support for each other and other women in need.
Though Hank is dead, he’s still causing trouble and
Michelle
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Midlife comeback Indeed!
This was the first series I’ve read from Michelle (great name of course!) but I can’t wait to read more by her! If this book and series doesn’t inspire you to stand up, grab life by the balls, and make t your own, nothing will! These ladies may be “midlife” but there is NOTHING midlife about them! With a mischievous ghost grandma, they are just getting started! The only negative is waiting for the next one!
Keoki Ki`Ili
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yeah, Sue is in need of help and Julia decides to give her a spiritual intervention. You will be brought to tears with Sue's story, yet I think you will be uplifted as well. Sue has to go thru "hell" and not only does she remember what she's made of, but she learns the true meaning of sisterhood in the process. ...more
Karen Fisher
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: karen-fisher
This is a Woman's empowerment novel! In turn it is sad, scary, fun, shocking and heartwarming. I loved how Sue pushes through all the negative. The ending was perfection. I received an advanced copy of this book and freely leave this honest review. ...more
Kathleen
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series/ book

I love this series and this book! The characters are great as always. I like that they deal with real issues that women face later in life.. And can help us feel better about ourselves and things we may be facing.. I can't wait for the next book!
Cheri
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sue and Jameson (and the girls)

She awoke to the beeping of hospital machines and a fierce headache. She ached all over but that wasn't new. She said she didn't remember. The police wanted to help her. Her husband was dead in a car accident. What happened they wanted to know. When she didn't tell her they wanted to know why her blood and hair were in the trunk. Not talking about it. He was dead. Gone. Now what?

He may be dead but was he gone? She smelled him near her. She had strange things happen
Rachael
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC edition of this book, and I am giving my honest opinion.

This book starts off with a great way to capture your interest, almost like Sleeping With the Enemy with a big dose of magic. And lets face it, 2020 hasn’t been great for anyone, so I say bring on the magic. It doesn’t hurt that I’m a sucker for a good magical romance story or just about anything written by Michelle M. Pillow.

This book feels like a grown-up fairy tale with some humor thrown in. Sue is
Betsy
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sue is new and her story is amazing!

Susan Jewel wakes in the hospital, not wanting to fully acknowledge what had happened to her. The only good thing was that her no good husband was dead. After returning to the home that she and her husband had shared, she found an old ring that she put on. She had a seriously frightening experience involving electronics and a ghost which caused her to hastily flee the home and city. The bus breaks down in Lorna, Vivienne and Heather's town and Sue meets them.
Emily Pennington
Shelves: reviewed
Sue Jewel should be dead. She told the police her husband had prepared everything, wrapping her in plastic and stuffing her in the trunk. The truth is that he was abusive for many years, and she was ashamed that she let it happen and never was strong enough to get out of the situation. But Fate steps in to save her when her husband winds up dead in an accident.

And yet she still feels his oppressive presence in the house, so she leaves and goes to the town of Freewild Cove to find a new and bett
Monica
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great addition to this series. First off you can read this as a stand alone but why would you. This whole series is great. Second I still love that these women are my age. Third Vivian is still my favorite fictional character ever. She is like me but better. This book is about Sue and I like that she is a great addition to the friends. What I would love is her magical ability in real life. This is a fun, emotional, magical read. So if you love paranormal romance/chick-lit than pick up thi ...more
Kathy Mayer
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a much needed story to tell!

Every story in this series I think is my favorite & then she writes another one that I love even more. Sue has gone through so much in this book. I can't imagine living in her shoes. I mean I can't believe she lived through that homicide attempt. If I was her I would have told the cops the truth! He didn't deserve to die with a good reputation. She knew he was dead so why keep lying for him? It would have definitely kept her mother in law from ever calling her ag
Dawn Dohey
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you believe in love , magic and second chance then this lovely well written little gem is for you. Who says midlife is to late for a do over. Well when magic comes looking for you and leads you to wonderful gift then it's time to pack it all up and leave it all behind. That's what a Sue Jewel did , what she got was a new life, new friends and new love something she never had before.
So when given the chance take you might get something far better and more wonderful then you ever had and kick s
Caroline Paquin
Cheers to second chances

This series is all about second chances, and this book is no different. Definitely the one with the darkest start I’ve ever read from this author, but it was worth being scared out of my wits.

Julia made me laugh, as did some of the beloved characters from the first books. To say I love the original trio is an understatement, as is my admiration for Sue’s strength. What she went through, how she felt and dealt with it, were masterfully written.

If I could have, I would’ve g
Christal
Mar 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love all the characters in this series and Sue Jewel is the new addition in this book. In Sue's journey, she survives abuse and gains caring friends and real love. Her journey takes her to Grandma Julie and the revelation that ghosts exist along with special powers. It's those powers and Grandma Julie's special ring that causes her to follow the signs taking her to Freewild Cove. Those caring new friends (Heather, Lorna and Vivien) along with Grandma Julie help her to get rid of the darkness o ...more
Carol Kather
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 4 in the Order of Magic series is a touching, emotional read, with frequent bouts of humor to even out the ride. Michelle M. Pillow has created an interesting town, with likeable characters. I'd like to be part of this circle of strong, talented women with extraordinary connections to each other. And the magic they share is only a tiny piece of the bond they forge for themselves. The Fifth Sense is a worthy addition to an amazing series. I'm so looking forward to the next book. ...more
Jean Morgan
Read this Series!

Michelle Pillow has created a wonderful series and I loved how the heroine, Sue, went from afraid, alone and being a mouse to being a woman that had respect for herself and for her new friends. Her romance, I loved it! It happened so fast...just like it did for me and my husband of forty years. Read this, read in order, you will thoroughly enjoy it.
STELLA SUTTON
Dec 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Fifth Sense!!!!

A wonderful read!! A perfect description of a life spent with an abusive spouse. Even though the spouse has died, without outside care and support, there is Fear, doubt, and sleeplessness!
I have read all of MS Pillow's Paranormal Women's Fiction Romance Novels and have preordered The Sixth Sense. I patiently await it's due date.

Stella SUTTON
Karen Robeson
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed!

Sue has a horrible marriage to an abusive husband, then an abusive ghost. She is magically herded to our paranormal town with ghostly grandma helping out. Entertaining and clever, I liked the characters and the budding friendships that formed. Not as many interactions as her other books, but still a good read from Michelle.
Marie Arnold
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! As usual Michelle managers to create such real and wonderful characters.
Sue is an abused woman who moves away to find a new life. It’s a tale of survival, hope, love, friendship and of course magic!!
The newest instalment in the order of magic series is fantastic and I highly recommend it!!
Linda Pennington
The fifth Spell

This is a page turner. You are kept wondering what the ghost is going to do next. You see Sue grow stronger as time passes. The magic ring from Julia helps Sue find her magic and. Well read this to find out.
Michelle M Pillow writes some of the best paranormal stories I’ve read.
Kate
Patricia Kearns

I love this book.
Sue's life is nothing but hell.
Married to a cruel and brutal beast of a man.
Then she's given a second chance, through a brutal event.
Wow I couldn't put this book down.
Fantastic series.
Jeanne Parent
Dec 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it so much that when I finished reading in the evening the next time I opened my book I re-read two or three chapters behind to make sure I understood what was going on. I truly regret finishing this book. I will start the first one of this series again. That is how much I enjoyed this book.
Lisa
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: witches, paranormal
So good!

Sue fits right in with Heather, Viv and Lorna. I love how she grew from a timid mouse into a strong independent woman living for herself and her friends. Another fantastic PWF read.
Kimberly
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You really feel for Sue as she faces the ghost of her dead husband. She is scared and not ready to believe in the magic. Lorna, Vivien and Heather show her friendship and sisterhood.
I love these books!!

• Don't Stop Believing (Midlife Mulligan, #3)
  • My Midlife Crisis, My Rules (Good To The Last Death, #4)
  • Fate Actually (Moonstone Cove, #2)
  • Sucker Punch (First Fangs Club #3)
  • Beguiled (Betwixt & Between #3)
  • Witching for Clarity (Premonition Pointe, #4)
  • Stealing Time (Crow's Feet Coven Book 3)
  • The Write Hook (My So-Called Mystical Midlife, #1)
  • Midlife Ghost Hunter (Forty Proof, #4)
  • Spellcasting with a Chance of Spirits (Grimm Cove, #3)
  • Witching for Joy (Premonition Pointe, #3)
  • Karma's Spell
  • Vintage Spirits (Midlife Magic Cocktail Club, #3)
  • Magical Midlife Love (Leveling Up, #4)
  • Vision of the Witch (Witches of Keating Hollow, #10)
  • We Witch You A Merry Christmas (Midlife in Mosswood #3)
  • Runaway Fate (Moonstone Cove, #1)
  • On My Way (Midlife Mulligan #2)
New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Author of Romances, Cozy Mysteries, and PWF (Paranormal Women's Fiction)
www.MichellePillow.com

Michelle M. Pillow is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author with over one million books sold. She is prolific with works in many genres, but is best known for romance novels.

Printable Booklist: https://dl.bookfunnel.com/42pg25jekx

Michelle loves to travel

Order of Magic (5 books)
  • Second Chance Magic (Order of Magic, #1)
  • Third Time’s a Charm (Order of Magic, #2)
  • The Fourth Power (Order of Magic, #3)
  • The Sixth Spell (Order of Magic, #5)