Start by marking “BUTTERFLY SUMMER Quest to Save the Monarchs” as Want to Read:
BUTTERFLY SUMMER Quest to Save the Monarchs

BUTTERFLY SUMMER Quest to Save the Monarchs

Skylar Maroni's parents said inheriting great-grandpa's house, and leaving Chicago to live in the countryside, would be a life-changing event. Sky agreed, just not quite the way her parents hoped, making her realize something important – kids' opinions don't count. Because kids aren't doing important things that make a difference, nobody really listens to them.

In her new h
Published April 23rd 2020 by Rolling Meadows Publishing

To ask other readers questions about BUTTERFLY SUMMER Quest to Save the Monarchs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about BUTTERFLY SUMMER Quest to Save the Monarchs

Start your review of BUTTERFLY SUMMER Quest to Save the Monarchs
Jamie Jack
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: p-2020, childrens
Environmental and Life Lessons

Such a powerful book in several ways! A young girl and her little brother have been uprooted from their Chicago home and moved into their grandparents’ home in Wisconsin. There are some settling-in issues before the children come to appreciate the difference between city and country life. Both children are upset to learn about the endangered monarch butterflies, and they want to do something about it. This book gently teaches environmental lessons as well as facts a
Valerie Giudice
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful kids novel about a sister and brother adjusting to a move from city to country. It's full of fun and mischief and discovery, as lessons are learned about nature and the environment--and the plight of the dwindling Monarch butterfly. You'll find yourself rooting for the pair as they embark on a plan to save the Monarch--as you soak up lots of facts. Also, there is some really fun information in the back of the book.
Butterfly Summer would be an excellent addition to a school lib
Karen Johannes
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kids can make a difference and their feelings are real. I loved this story and I learned so much about monarch butterflies! I bought a few other books about butterflies that were mentioned in the appendix because I was hooked. Highly recommend!
Carol L.
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a delightful book about growing up and being mindful of the environment. This is a great book for educators who want to teach their students about preserving butterflies in a more interesting way than just through science. I learned a lot in the book and loved the characters.
Rhonda
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kids and parents will love this book. Great lesson in how someone can make a difference. Families will enjoy the message. Kids will enjoy the illustrations. Good family book.

Sandra Lynn
Dec 08, 2020
Kris Hofer
Nov 15, 2020
Cherei
marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2020
Goodreads Reviewe...: Middle grade kids' novel Butterfly Summer 1 4 May 06, 2020 10:03AM

• Sprinkles of Suspicion (Cupcake Catering Mystery, #1)
  • Mamas Don't Murf
  • This Watermelon Is Not Round: A fun and cute book about kindness, self-love and anti-bullying for kids aged 3 to 6 (I Love Being Different 1)
  • A Place Called Destiny (The Destiny Series Book 1)
  • Simply Nietzsche (Great Lives)
  • Petra Pencil Pines for Pizza
  • Stuck Between Two Millionaires
  • Simply Stravinsky
  • Prudence's Mystery (London Temptations, #2)
  • Ladies, Love, and Mysteries: Historical Regency Romance Collection
  • The Woman Behind the Waterfall
  • Macarons and Murder (Bite-sized Bakery #8)
  • When You Were Mine
  • Easy German Phrase Book: Over 1500 Common Phrases For Everyday Use And Travel
  • Smile, God Loves You
  • Driven to Date (Better Date than Never, #7)
  • When They Call You a Terrorist: A Black Lives Matter Memoir
  • The Body on the Roof
Hello! You'll frequently find me at my computer tapping away at my next book or researching all sorts of ideas. I live among the lakes and rolling hills of Wisconsin but also love to travel around the U.S. in an old RV (recreational vehicle) with my husband John, our Shetland sheepdog Smokey and Puddie Tat, our calico cat with too many toes. When I'm not doing those things (and frequently even whe ...more

News & Interviews