Start by marking “My Midnight Moonlight Valentine (Vampire's Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Midnight Moonlight Valentine (Vampire's Romance, #1)

My Midnight Moonlight Valentine

(Vampire’s Romance #1)

Druella Monroe is a vampire, but she hasn’t been one for long. Ever since her rebirth a year ago, she’s done her best to live a quiet, peaceful life as an art conservator and restorationist at The National Gallery of Art. All she wants is to blend in with the humans.

However that all gets thrown out the window one night while hunting in Great Falls Park, where Druella comes
Kindle Edition
Published May 1st 2020

To ask other readers questions about My Midnight Moonlight Valentine, please sign up.
Nerdread I’m not sure about it being a series but there will be a second book at least since the author announced when the second book will come out at the end…moreI’m not sure about it being a series but there will be a second book at least since the author announced when the second book will come out at the end of this book. Hopefully it’s a series. (less)

Start your review of My Midnight Moonlight Valentine (Vampire's Romance, #1)
Nerdread
Hello hi.... I'm obsessed and I need the second book so bad❤ vampires, witches, politicians and mystery all wrapped up in one beautiful package that is this book.

Totally recommend!
TJ ☾
Dec 17, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm confused... what I just read. I think in a good way? But I can't be sure.... The characters were great but the plot line and worldbuilding and the no memory thing is where my confusion sets in. I liked Druella and surprisingly, her name. I didn't like (view spoiler) I'm hoping Part 2 will clear things up for me. Love the cover tho. ...more
Gabs
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampire
"How will I know how far my luck stretches if I do not test it?"
...
This is quite honestly one of my favorite books of the year.
Theseus is everything I could possibly want in a love interest and Druella was such a strong female protagonist.
I loved the characters, the mystery, the romance, the plot! Every page had me on the edge of my seat and wow, that ending??
I need book 2, immediately.
This is another amazing, wonderful story from the talented JJ McAvoy that does not disappoint and leaves you w
Anna
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poc-heroines
I started this a really long time ago, back before it was published and I was so obsessed! This book is so unique and so interesting it deserves so much more attention. I do wish there was more romance; even though it was an addictive read, I realized that I don't think the couple have many romantic scenes together (and if I remember correctly, there are no sex scenes).

Regardless, I can't wait for the next book!
Samriddhi
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
it is one of my favorite vampire romance fantasy I have read totally different from other .from the first page I was very engrossed in the book. I loved the strong, wanting to understand what was going around her and adapting to it the personality of druella and I love the scene when she is in the air when she meets theseus mother and theseus was just so lovable it is like he has all the quality you want in a guy even the supporting characters were amazing specially theseus family. the cliffhang ...more
Memi
May 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Adequate, yet Addicting

I had high hopes for this after seeing it advertised, and I was intrigued by the summary.

However, there were times I felt pulled out of the story. I couldn’t imagine what the author was describing. It felt like there was information missing in the description. For instance when you first meet Theseus, there was no description on how she felt, what he looked liked, and so on. She told us a few pages later after the meeting for us to know. A few instances I felt the senten
Tanya
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was luck enough to get an early version of this and as always JJ never disappoints! This is a love story with twists and magic intertwined, can’t wait for the second book to become available!
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
arc-final
you-all-have-to

The first book that I read which was written by JJ Mcavoy was the ruthless people series.
And from that day , everytime she releases a new book, I am like this to myself 👇👇👇👇

Now this books was a lot different from what JJ usually writes. It was more more on the suspense and fantasy side than the erotic and mafia type i have read before. But none the less, I loves this book.

There were so many twist and turns in this book, and that ending!!! That was unexpe
Palak
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The book is beautifully written. One thing unique about J.J.Mcavoy books is that there are strong female protaganists who are not afraid to take control and live their lives based on their choices. In this book also the female protagonist , Druella Monroe has such strong character which is evident in the way she wants to make own desting rather than depend on some fate. She is powerful and yet so caring and loving. The reader is left with a feeling of admiration and a number of theories for the ...more
Julia's Book Haven
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read an early copy of this book, and I absolutely loved it. A new and refreshing take on the vampire romance genre. It keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole read and I’m crossing all of my fingers and toes that we get the next book soon! Warning, major cliffhanger alert!
Meander - Read & Roam
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
My Rating: ****
Type: Not sure if its duet or series at this point of time.
Genre: Paranormal/ Fantasy Romance
Narration: Single POV
Primary Characters: Druella & Theseus
Secondary Characters: Rhea, Sigbjorn, Hinrik, Arsiein, Atarah, Ulrik, Melora, Lucy, Taelon
Source: Courtesy of Author/Publisher – ARC

I voluntarily read an ARC of this book in exchange for honest review.

This book is different from that of JJ’s other book series. I haven’t read several paranormal/ fantasy series, but from what
Tañia
Jan 24, 2021 rated it liked it
On paper this should have been a 5 star read for me. I'm in love with McAvoy's Ruthless series so when I saw she wrote a paranormal romance it was an instant click!

The writing is not what I remember from her previous works. If I didn't know better, I would of told you this is her first book. Sentences had to be reread and at times I thought I was reading a text book. This was also more plot than romance, fyi. Which was no biggie since the plot and world building had me invested

I have faith thoug
sunshine
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, fave-fave-fave
I don't even remember when was the last time I read a good vampire kinda book.

From the beginning the banter between the main characters really got me hooked. It was a fun reading at the same time got me curious on how it will be different from the other book.

Now I'm gonna wait for the next book.
HANNAH (Books, Films, and Tea)
I really didn't connect with this book. I didn't finish it, I got about 20%-ish of the way in, maybe? I can't remember. There were a lot of long paragraphs of text that just droned on and on and felt like it was unimportant and could've been shortened. There wasn't that great of a connection between the main characters, and I couldn't feel that the chemistry. It almost felt like this was written to be a movie or something, because it felt like the words that were on the pages should've been the ...more
Coco.V
Nov 16, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (11/16/2020)! 🎁
Maereads
Jun 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Cheesy but entertaining, ended in cliffhanger
Nene
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Great Read!

I really enjoyed this story. I loved the main two characters, it was funny and suspendful trying to find out what was going on. My only complaint is we have to wait until 2021 to find out what's going on.
Miriam Hooper
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Like no vampire book ever!

This is by far the best "vampire" book I have read in a super long time! And I have read lots of vampire type of books. :P But seriously! The witty banter between Druella and Theseus is the best. And "who doesnt enjoy witty banter and stolen glances" It made it feel more like a real relationship and not something forced and fake. It's nothing like other books where the vampire is torn and not wanting to turn her but he still loves her. And shes begging to be turned so
Onnica
Feb 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this read - it’s densely populated with plot and characters but I get stuck in and wasn’t bored. The only gripe I have is that it’s a trilogy (why God, why ?) and so it’ll take a while to get closure on this series.
It was entertaining and I do have a weakness for heroines facing their destiny. Be it to destroy the world or save it.
Martha
May 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
Big fan of J.J. McAvoy but I was really disappointed in the book. The writing style, story telling etc was poor and not on par with other books she's written that I've had the pleasure of reading. I really struggled to finish reading this book and while I'm curious to see how this story carries on, I will not be purchasing a sequel. ...more
L S
May 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Good but to long

I thought it was a good book but to long. I felt she could got to the cliff hanger a lots soon.. I had to read over a few breaks. I liked the characters, hope pt2 is more concise.
Jess
May 10, 2020 rated it liked it
I probably wont reread but I'm anticipating the next book. ...more
Gia
May 06, 2020 rated it liked it
I didn’t hate the book but it definitely felt like the book didn’t know what it wanted to be, do or say most of the time beyond giving the readers a history lesson. Which is why it felt like such a disappointment by the end. With that said, yes I do want to check out book two. I need to know what what happens next.
Tangled N Books
May 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, magic
Read by Shon

3 stars

This story had my emotions all over the place, one minute I'm like...

description

and then the minute I'm like...

description
Maria Christina Catama
2.5 ish
Good thing I wasn't really invested since apparently it's a cliffhanger. Too slow and dragging for me.
Kelly
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: disappointments
Alexandria Woods
Mar 05, 2021 rated it liked it
The Story Impresses

*****Spoilers*****

The story carries the book all the way to the cliffhanger end which I didn't like or appreciate. Mostly because I'm too early in the series and the next book isn't set to be published for a little less than a month from now. I'm not sure how many books the series will have but I'm disappointed I didn't realize it was one in a series, thought it was a standalone. Anyway, the book doesn't pick up until around the 25% mark so hold out at least that long before a
Alicia Huckleby
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Some of McAvoy's best work!!

Is it even remotely possible for JJ McAvoy to write a book that DOESN'T blow me out of the water?! I am an avid reader, especially of the darker side of romance. But loving the dark side doesn't necessarily make me a fan of the paranormal. I don't hate it, but I'm not likely to read it, only indulging here and there when I find an author that I just love. JJ McAvoy is beyond that for me, she truly is one of my very VERY favorite so I knew I wouldn't be passing this on
Danni Potter
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: j-j-mcavoy
If you enjoy the supernatural genre I would recommend this book.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book... It is a J.J. McAvoy book.
Despite it being her first supernatural book, it read well and the characters were intriguing, funny and enjoyable.
I liked how Druella was self aware of the typical romance heroine, but slightly disappointed that this didn't stop her from falling into the same pigeon hole.

**I would love for just once for a character to accept their forever mate in the beginning and move onto
Ash
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How am I supposed to wait till 2021 for the next book!!!!!

Book was awesome and quite well written. I actually didn't want the book to be over. Infact just after finishing it I was thinking about re- reading it... Which I have never done before by the way.
It was a total page turner. I rarely read fantasy novels. I don't even know why I picked this one, I am glad that I did though I wish I would have picked it after the release of the second part. I am horrible at waiting and 2021 is so damn far.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Dark Ruler (The Bennett Duet #1)
  • Dark Reign (The Bennett Duet #2)
  • The Kilgarin’s Gift
  • Twins (The Church #2)
  • Ghosts of Christmas
  • Pit (The A**hole Club, #1)
  • Mercedes
  • Free-Falling
  • Sin of Silence (Sinner's Empire, #1)
  • Lilly: The Complete Locke Series (The Locke #1-5)
  • Unite Me (Shatter Me, #1.5, #2.5)
  • Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic
  • The Scotch Series: The Complete Series
  • Jesse's Girl: A Bully Romance (The Mercado Boys Book 1)
  • Quarantine and Chill (AMBW standalone Romance)
  • Storm and Fury (The Harbinger, #1)
  • The Assassin and The Russian: The Spin-Off Of Releasing The Silent Killer
  • Luke (The A**hole Club, #2)
I’m a twenty-year-old something born in Montreal, Canada but currently living in Virginia for school. I would tell you want my major is however after two years I still have no idea what I’m doing.

So I’m a writer (duh that’s how you found me), movie enthusiast, and self-proclaimed chef. I love music even though I can’t sing or dance to save my life. (That doesn’t necessarily stop me but you’ve been

Vampire’s Romance (2 books)
  • My Sunrise Sunset Paramour (Vampire's Romance, #2)