Start by marking “I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day” as Want to Read:
I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day

I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day

It’s nearly Christmas and it’s snowing, hard. Deep in the Yorkshire Moors nestles a tiny hamlet, with a pub at its heart. As the snow falls, the inn will become an unexpected haven for six people forced to seek shelter there…

Mary has been trying to get her boss Jack to notice her for four years, but he can only see the efficient PA she is at work. Will being holed up with
Published October 29th 2020 by Simon & Schuster UK

To ask other readers questions about I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day

Start your review of I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day
Bookworman
Second read: Even better the second time around. I picked up on all the little clues I'd missed the first time.

What a wonderful, wonderful story! Every new book Milly Johnson writes is a total joy to read and savor.

Unlike all those book blurbs that shout about heartwarming, feel-good stories but turn out to be disappointingly sicky-sweet and silly, this book is TRULY heartwarming and feel-good with marvelous characters (a sort of ensemble cast of 6), romance, lots of Milly's best snarky dialogu
Rea Cobb
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The one thing that has really helped we through this crazy year of madness especially now the colder and darker nights are drawing in is this year’s festive releases and believe me I think this is my favourite year of festive novel releases since I have started reviewing. One author we can always rely on when it comes to a jolly good festive novel that will bring a bag laughs with it is none other than Milly Johnson and her new release, I Wish it Could be Christmas Every Day is a fabulous festiv ...more
Julie Orr
An absolute delight

What an absolute joy. I laughed, I cried, and am delighted to know I'm not the only person who prefers Persuasion to Pride & Prejudice! As ever, Milly has created wonderful characters who pull at your heart and have you routing for their happiness.
Andrea
A jewel in the crown for Milly Johnson

I so loved this book, had me giggling, laughing and choked up with tears. A wonderful heartwarming novel, and a boost to the soul. Can’t wait for the next one
Claire Murfitt
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone should read this book! I laughed, I cried and I wish I could go back and read it again right now, (I might!) I can’t talk about the best bits without giving spoilers so please just read this book and enjoy the magic ☺️
Kate
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I consider myself so fortunate that the cover of White Wedding caught my eye in WHSmith while on holiday in London a few years back. I had no way of knowing then, but that book started my love affair with Milly Johnson’s writing style! I now own multiple copies of every book she’s released and can hardly wait for the next one to be released.

I’ve been anticipating I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day since Milly first announced it in her newsletter, and I’m fortunate to have a UK iTunes account
Fabulous Book Fiend
I pre-ordered the audiobook of this title because it has a wonderful narrator and I really thought she did a great job of bringing this story to life. One of the things I love most about this book is the ensemble cast. It can be difficult to keep track of who is who when you first start listening but the synopsis is so well written that I referred back to that to ensure I had everyone memorised and could really settle into the story.

This was one of those books I saw playing out in front of me l
Jess
Nov 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-audbook
Can something be too nice?
I really enjoyed this cute Christmas story. It's really, really heartwarming and beautiful. And as a reader, you just wish you were one of those lucky sods, snowed in together.
I do recommend it, it really gets you into the Christmas mood.
So, why not 5 stars? Well it was all wrapped up a little too neatly for me to be something to stay with me for a long time. But, sometimes I go back to change my rating - let's wait and see.
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s always a good day when a new Milly Johnson book is released and this is another warm and humorous gem from her. Slightly unusual in that it has six main characters rather than a surrounding cast but once you get to know them they’re Milly classics, each with their own very different ways and different relationship but they all work so well. Lovely simple storyline and very character led this is a really cheerful read
Ann Matheson
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read from one if not my favourite author. Lovely read for these times we are in
Becky Hutchison
I WISH IT COULD BE CHRISTMAS EVERY DAY by Milly Johnson is a delightful and magical story of six travelers stranded over Christmas in a tiny Yorkshire village. Though on their way to various luxury locales to spend the holidays, a heavy snowstorm forces each of them to take refuge in the only shelter nearby, with no other occupants or village residents in sight.

Bridge, a successful real estate agent, and Luke, a millionaire veggie burger empire owner, are there to finalize their divorce. Th
Linzi
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Milly Johnson book is a source of delight for me but never more than when the audiobook comes out at the same time. 😀 There have been some great partnerships but whether it's Morecambe and Wise or Wallace and Gromit a perfect pairing often brings more to the final pleasure than either of them does alone.

As much as I love Milly's books - I read much too fast. With the audiobook, I'm forced to slow down and wring every drop out of it. Narrator, Colleen Prendergast is an absolutely perfect pairi
Sarah Kingsnorth
I think it’s a bit of a given, that you can’t really go wrong with a Milly Johnson book, and this charming tale is no exception.
Six people, all making Christmas journeys, get caught in a severe snowstorm, and subsequently, find themselves stranded at the magical, Figgy Hollow Inn.
Trapped there for the Christmas period, all six go on a personal journey, where they learn to move on, let go and say goodbye, as well as forming some life long friendships.
Some delightful characters, who are easy to
Rose Amberly
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is difficult to find any novel with such heart warning and moving Christmas magic.
It starts simple enough, six people driving somewhere important on Dec 23 are diverted by a snow storm to an unknown hamlet completely cut off by snow and forced to spend Christmas together. A warring divorcing couple, a young woman and her boss and an older couple with a sad secret.
For 5 days we get to know them, laugh and cry for them - yes you need tissues - and wish you could be there to invent new Christm
Tracy
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the best Christmas books I've ever read. It had everything you'd ever want in a festive read. It had me crying with laughter one minute and sobbing the next. Milly's books just get better and better. Everyone should read this novel.

I've had a really awful 14 days since my dog died and this book was like a being enveloped in a great big hug, it's really lifted my spirits and taken my mind off my grief for a while.
Tanya Coppola
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Milly Johnson at her best, as always

A wonderful story with engaging characters that feel like friends that you get to know as they get to know each other. I laughed out loud and sobbed my heart out, which as my mother would say, is a sign I got my moneys worth. If this ever makes it to Audible in the US, I will be purchasing it there too, for the sheer enjoyment of having it read to me.
Debbie Hall
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing read from Milly Johnson in which six strangers are snowed in at a remote Inn over the festive period. This book was not without sadness but it also had lots of laughs and Christmas cheer; lots of snow, festive food and newly formed bonds and friendships. A beautiful story and one I'll probably be returning to next Christmas
Lisa
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I have been reading Milly's book for many years, but I have to say, I think this is her best so far!
Strong, interesting characters, fabulous story, very emotional (both happy and sad) and with a wonderful mix of Christmas magic.
I absolutely loved it, and could not put it down, but in another way I was sad to finish it!!
Joanne Grimshaw
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enchanting. I’ve just read one reader is going to read this again as they missed so much the first time round. I think I’m going to do exactly the same thing. I love all Milly Johnson’s books, this was so lovely and very special.
Lorraine Joad
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic Christmas read.
Six characters meet up in a deserted inn to shelter from the weather. As the snow continues to fall they all stay at Figgy Hollow for the Christmas period.
I loved all the characters and the storyline was just perfect. It made me laugh and cry.
Lynne
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Armelle
Nov 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A freak snowstorm in Yorkshire forces 6 people to seek refuge in an old inn over Christmas. It took a while for me to get into it, and it wasn’t my favorite book by this author, but it made me cry, so something worked!
Sharon Atkinson
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. I could not put it down. It is full of Christmas romance and magic and a few little twists. I had tears of sadness and tears of joy and a few laugh out loud moments. I would highly recommend this book.
Maggie Ewing
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a special one. Loved it all. I didn’t want it to end.
Sue Burton
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it loved the characters and storyline
Michele McDowall
You can't go wrong read a Milly Johnson book. Always a wonderful, delightful read as this book is.
Max
Nov 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love a bit of Milly Johnson. She’s so charming and funny. Easy read happy thoughts
Becca
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Festive feelings

I have laughed and cried my way through this book. Just loved it. A reminder of the power of love, wrapped up in this fabulous tale.
Sally Tyrer
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The perfect Christmas read total perfection, didn’t want it to end!
Aideen Kelly Kehoe
The perfect winter read.

• Christmas for Beginners
  • The Winter Garden
  • One Family Christmas
  • Sunny Days and Sea Breezes
  • One More for Christmas
  • A Surprise Christmas Wedding
  • Christmas at the Island Hotel (Mure #4)
  • Finding Love at the Christmas Market
  • The Garden of Forgotten Wishes
  • Perfect Chaos
  • The Forbidden
  • The Protector
  • Christmas at the Island Hotel (Mure, #4)
  • Our Story
  • You Me Everything
  • A Vintage Friendship: the most uplifting and feel-good read for 2020
  • Lindsey Kelk Untitled Novel 3
  • A Price To Pay (Club Twist Book 2)
Please note that My One True North is only $1.99 for the ebook on Amazon.com throughout September in the US, so please grab the bargain!

Milly Johnson was born in Barnsley, raised in Barnsley and still lives in Barnsley - although she did study in Exeter for four years and emigrate to Haworth in West Yorkshire in the 1980s where she lived for many years, all on the strength of her love for the Bron

News & Interviews

“The bracelet was made up of blue cord, silver beads, and seven tiny wooden blocks each bearing a letter: CMWYNAF. “Is that Welsh for Mary?” joked Robin. Mary smiled. “It stands for call me when you need a friend.” 0 likes
“the point of life is living, here and now, being present in the moment. Watching a concert with your eyes, not trying to film it on a phone; living in a real world, not a virtual one, squeezing the juice out of every second, enjoying this journey for however long it lasts.” 0 likes