Start by marking “The Modern Gentleman” as Want to Read:
The Modern Gentleman

The Modern Gentleman

Have you ever hit rock bottom?

I embarrassingly have.

It’s why I’m wearing my girl's decorative scarf over my head, clutching her lady drink to my chest, and singing ever so softly to Joni Mitchell while swaying back and forth.

This is what therapists refer to as LOSING IT.

Oldest story in the book: boy meets girl, boy falls for girl, boy screws up MASSIVELY, girl tells boy
Published May 14th 2020

Start your review of The Modern Gentleman
Meghan Quinn
May 06, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
LIVE NOW mybook.to/TheModernGentleman

Looking for a guide on how to be the perfect modern Gentleman? You know, the guy who opens the door for you, but then slaps your ass as you pass, just to let you know he's in charge?

Wes Williams has the perfect guide for you, but when he's forced to put the guide to the test for his job, he realizes quite quickly that the girl he chose to make a move on is anything but "normal" when it comes to dating.

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

”She specifically told me to crawl into my own scrotum and drown in my sperm. I’m pretty positive when a girl wants my unborn children to kill me, she’s not going to want to talk to me again.”

”THE MODERN GENTLEMAN” was another extremely hilarious romantic comedy written by the Queen of RomComs – Meghan Quinn. I lost count of the number of times I found myself in a fit of belly-aching laughter. I was a goner for Wes Waldorf aka ”The Modern
Elle Kennedy
LIVE NOW mybook.to/TheModernGentleman

Laugh out loud funny romantic comedy with a modern twist o
Paula
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor, safe
MAJOR SPOILER ALERTS IN THIS REVIEW!!!!!

For anyone reading this review, you need to know that I don’t follow authors or give good reviews that often. Majority of my reviews are DNFs because as we all know, it is the same themes over & over again, so to get a plot that to my knowledge has never been written before and have the characters “speak” to us readers direct is absolutely brilliant of the author and I for one thank her for being original and thinking out of the box! Well done Ms Quinn!!!
Jessica Alcazar
Before I begin, let’s take a moment and appreciate this book’s tagline:
A gentleman on the streets.
An alpha in the sheets

AND let’s pay proper respect to the deliciousness that is this cover #WINNING

Now … #FunFact: I read this ARC on the heels of five 5 star back to back to back to … I legit thought this would be the book I read of Meghan’s that would at least be just okay because who has that much greatness in their reading? ME. I have that much greatness in my reading!! LOL

Ho
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: May 14, 2020
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

Romantic Comedy

The Modern Gentleman was an absolute surprise from Meghan Quinn, and I am so thankful that she has given us this book in these trying times because I REALLY needed the laugh. As with many of her romcoms readers can be sure that they will laugh out loud more time than they can count while still swooning for the characters who easily make their way into our hearts. June and Wes were fantastic together and watching him woo her w
Dali
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Author Meghan Quinn pens another hilariously fun romance.

The Modern Gentleman follows Wesley Waldorft Williams as he tries to write a how-to guide on how to catch the woman of your dreams. “Think How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, but the opposite.” While his almost misstep in dog doo-doo was the perfect meet-cute, his journey towards getting the girl is anything but smooth sailing.

There was a very awkward first date that started with an unflattering reservation name (c*ckd@ddy69) and ended… we
K. Bromberg

Auntee
Love the cover.
Cute, very light read, with Some funny moments. Not my very favorite MQ read...but everything I've read from MQ is usually 5 stars. This one just didn't quite get there for me.
Willow Winters

Michele McMullen
Shelves: arc
Oh Meghan you have once again knocked it out of the RomCom park with The Modern Gentleman. I want to be the best of friends with this fabulously swoon worthy couple. Wesley Waldorf and June July you have captured my heart with your quirky personalities, amazing witty banter, tender kind words and unbelievable chemistry! Thank you for taking me along on your quest for a relationship !!
Sit back and enjoy this refreshing twist & turn on how to lose a guy in 10 days.
~~Michele McMullen ~~
KaylaJane
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I got to be honest here.. I don't understand why some folks said they didn't like the characters - especially the heroine. This was one heroine that I could get on board on more often if she was written like this one!

- Yes, we didn't get her POV until the end and that sucked cause I would have loved to get her internal thinking too!
- Yes, I wish the ending had more of an epilogue of down the road with this couple.
- Yes, I wish there was more sexy times & more interactions to develop that deep
PP's Bookshelf
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kudos to Meghan Quinn for this super witty, uber funny, absolutely entertaining and hardcore romantic story! The Modern Gentleman is THE ultimate rom com. Adorable, quirky and smartass characters. Incredibly sweet and hot chemistry. Superbly written hilarious scenes those are etched in my memory forever now!

Wes is The Modern Gentleman. He writes the dating advice column in the same name in one of biggest online magazine, Hype. But he was not prepared the curveball aka his boss. His boss wants hi
Sawyer Bennett

Seline
Jun 10, 2020 rated it really liked it

THIS WAS AMAZING, FUNNY, CUTE AND EVERYTHING I NEEDED RIGHT NOW!

I LOVE LOVE I MEAN LOVE, WES, HE IS TRUELY THE PERFECT GENTLEMAN..
The major part of this book was in Wesley’s point of view and I really ENJOYED it. He was funny and sweet and an absolute gentlemen. This was a light read with NO unnecessary DRAMA and my favorite NO OW and OM drama. This book mainly focused on Wes and June dating each other which was FUN.

I love a h that does not give in easily and makes the H work for it
shereads.pang
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
**I received an arc for a honest review.⁣

5 Stars. It was a short and sweet read, but OMG!!!! I legit bursted out laughing! I laughed throughout the whole book, and couldn't put it down. I was sucked into the world. Everything about this book was awesome! Meghan can do no wrong when it comes to romcom. Wes and June... such a cute, weird couple, especially June. But man, I love her! Wes tried so hard. Poor him. You'll understand when you read it. I love them both. Got my heart swooning. His frien
Aimee Crant-oksa
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a really fun rom com told in Meghan Quinn’s style you have come to expect. The Modern Gentleman is filled with moments that will make you laugh and smile. It’s witty fun banter is filled with moments of feel good happiness.
The Modern Gentleman takes you through the dating life and relationship told from the male perspective. Wes is a writer set out to change up his column and find a relationship. June isn’t your average woman. She keeps him on his toes every step of the way. Meghan take
Kathleen Lynn
Jun 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Angela By The Bookcase
The Modern Gentleman had an interesting premise -an advice column writer for a Buzzfeed-like online publication gets assigned a different kind of assignment - an expose of dating using his own advice to show a step by step formula on getting a woman to fall in love with you.

It's a little icky, not gonna lie. It feels a little objectifying but Wes, our "modern gentleman", does acknowledge that it was wrong and he did object to doing it to begin with so I'm not holding that against him. He sets h
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
May 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
description

description

‘Well, surprise, I wasn’t always the pristine, well-mannered, fuck-sation you see today. I was one of them: a beer-guzzling, video-game-playing, disinterested asshole who took my relationship for granted.’

The Modern Gentleman by Meghan Quinn was such a light-hearted and entertaining read! We were chuckling away at Wes’ antics and swooning over his wooing. Honestly, we fell in love with Wes from the get go, a man with the best of intentions yet pulling these stunts that were straight out of a com
Monique
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It is not a spoiler to say as it’s in the blurb and the prologue that Wes should have known better being The Modern Gentleman, but he stuffed up. And he stuffed up big time! He withheld information that he should have told June from the beginning and it came back to bite him harder on the butt than the General ever could. And that’s how this story starts. What it then turns into is a brilliant back tale of how Wes has a funny meet cute with June in Central Park and their slow and amazing courtsh ...more
Wendy'sThoughts
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Meghan Quinn Fans, Romance
4 Taking Your Own Advice Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free- A Quick Review
This continued my enjoyment of the work by Meghan Quinn. She has been producing books that touch you as well as entertain. The Modern Gentleman took the idea of someone guiding all these men who still were acting as Frat Boys past their sell-by date and man up and start behaving with women in a way that respects them.

Our guy writes a column called the Modern Gentleman and it is part of a very successful online site. The owner, he
Kate R
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Wow! Meghan Quinn really outdid herself with this one! I honestly cannot remember the last time I laughed this hard, like laughing to the point of coughing and gasping for air! This was comedy gold!

Wes is the Modern Gentleman, a columnist for a social media company. He writes a love and dating advice column for men. He gets an assignment from his boss to use his own techniques to date a woman. It’s very much How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, but the opposite. He meets June in the weirdest way, and
Erin Lewis
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 star review of The Modern Gentleman by Meghan Quinn

This is Wesley Waldorf Williams and June July Lacy’s story and I was hooked from the first to the last chapter and couldn’t put it down.

The characters were easy to relate too and I really liked them. The Modern Gentleman, a reversal on How to Lose a Guy In Ten Days was an altogether fun story. The chemistry between Wes and June was steamy and their banter had me laughing out loud on numerous occasions. Although not as long as most of her book
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.5 Stars / 3 Steam Fans

I must say that I almost gave this book a lower rating.

But then there was a switch in the story, and I FELL IN LOVE!!! Wes is this Modern Gentleman persona for a magazine who gets an assignment to use the tactics and advice that he gives in his own life. A fun twist on the known rom-com How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. June is an interesting character that I wanted more from but understood the dynamic by the end. There are so many funny moments, sexy antics, and heart touch
Jenifer Briggs
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Meghan Quinn is one of my unicorn authors where I just know I'm going to love everything she writes. She's so hilarious, and creates down to earth characters that you wish were real so you could befriend them. I love the emotional vulnerability she brings out in her male characters, which in romance novels AND real life we don't see much of, and that is such a breath of fresh air.

This book kind of has a "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days" feel to it, but it's still very much it's own novel. Wes is su
mlovestoread
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Modern Gentleman was funny,entertaining and so sweet. I loved it!
I loved June and Wes. I loved how they met,their personalities,chemistry between them and I really loved how cute together they are.
There were so many hilarious moments in this book. Some of them had me laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes,and even those that I found to be a little bit cheesy and unrealistic didn’t bother me at all. Reading this book made my day.
I loved how it was told from Wes’s POV. Usually we get both, or
Melissa ~ Book Boyfriend and Husband Makes Three
The Modern Gentleman was full of various levels of swoon from the very first page. From the biggest of swoons that make your ovaries weep to the little tiny swoons that make you smile.

Wes and June were a slow burn like I have never read before. They had a fun, witty banter going from the first sentence the spoke to each other and that only built to more throughout the book. They both had some quirky traits that I loved.

The Modern Gentleman was a swoonfest and I will be comparing future book boyf
Anne's Corner Book Blog (AC)
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Okay The Modern Gentleman is HILARIOUS you guys! I have never laughed so hard. Totally adore Wes – alpha hero, gorgeous, confident but also so sweet. He jumped all the hoops for the woman he loves and that include facing the biggest fear, singing in front of crowd… Gah, super swoony! June is so quirky and sassy. She has a carefree personality, honest, kind. She speaks her mind and isn’t afraid to compliments or busting b*lls as she sees fit. She really is a breath of fresh air. She brings out th ...more
Ilsa Madden-Mills

Laugh out loud funny romantic comedy with a modern twist

• Southern Chance (Southern, #1)
  • Coffee Girl (Coffee Book #1)
  • Master of Salt & Bones
  • Artful Lies (Hunt Legacy Duology, #1)
  • Bachelor Society (The Bachelors Club, #1)
  • Crowned by Fate (Crowned #2)
  • The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)
  • Winning Hollywood's Goodest Girl (Hollywood, #2)
  • A Work In Progress
  • Get Bucked (The Valentine Boys #4)
  • Hate the Player
  • May Contain Wine (SWAT Generation 2.0 #5)
  • Charlie (Rydeville Elite #4)
  • The Wrong/Right Man
  • Love Is Contagious: A Charity Anthology
  • Scandalous Reunion (Lockwood Lightning Book 2)
  • Cutie and the Beast (Cipher Office, #3)
  • Coach Me
Like me on FB: https://www.facebook.com/meghanquinna...

When I was in high school I occasionally read books but was consumed by other teenage things so I didn't take the time to appreciate a good book on a cloudy day, wrapped up in a blanket on the couch. It wasn't until I received a Kindle for Christmas one year that my world completely flipped upside down. When looking for books I came across the

News & Interviews

“She specifically told me to crawl into my own scrotum and drown in my sperm. I’m pretty positive when a girl wants my unborn children to kill me, she’s not going to want to talk to me again.” 1 likes
“You’re too good, too suave, too on point with every move you make.” Funny she thinks that, because I’ve been a hot-mess tornado, trying to make sense of this dating world since I met her.” 0 likes