Start by marking “Liar Liar” as Want to Read:
Liar Liar

Liar Liar

My first mistake?
Causing the sexy Frenchman a concussion.
My second?
Telling the hospital staff that I was his girlfriend.
In my defense, he didn’t speak English.
My third?
Taking him home, letting him sleep in my bed. Naked.
I never said I was Florence Nightingale . . .

He gave me a night I’ll never forget but when I wake, he’s already gone.
I tell myself it’s his loss, that
ebook
Published July 23rd 2020

To ask other readers questions about Liar Liar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liar Liar

Start your review of Liar Liar
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bloody fantastic!! This book was just the breath of fresh air I needed. A witty standalone that made me smile the whole way through.

Packed with genuine LOL moments, a dash of action and enough chemistry to necessitate pausing to fan my face. Remy is one seriously hot French guy and I have discovered that dirty talk in French is my catnip 🤤🤤

Donna Alam is one of the few authors guaranteed to make me laugh and fan my face.

I received an arc of this book.
Dora Koutsoukou
2 ☹️☹️⭐️s

I was so excited when I saw the cover and read the blurb! Even when I started reading Rose and Remy’s story!
I was very intrigued by the plot and the characters.
I liked Remy a little bit more than Ros, he had his way to express his feelings.

But as the story progressed I realised that it was written at great length, tediously prolonged and I lost interest. There were a few paragraphs I skipped...I wanted to dnf it a couple of times but I kept hoping it would become better.
Also, there w
Karen_
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Liar Liar – by Donna Alam

I laughed, I was craving baguettes, I started talking en français and I fell in love with this couple.

Rose Ryan and Remy Durrand are the ultimate made for each other couple. Rose needs someone to love her, to be there for her, to make sure she knows she is loved. Remy needs someone to help him believe in people that will be his friend or lover because of what they see in him. He doesn’t want to be loved for his bank account or his last name but because they see the good
Arena♡
Jul 26, 2020 rated it did not like it

DNF @47ish% (26th July)

So, it's probably me and not the book. I'll admit the start was promising and the plot seemed interesting (at least the start 40% after which it all went downhill) It's just that there wasn't any spark, not between the characters or in the book. I was all very Insta-lovey and not realistic at all. It was also very coincidental and not reasonable. I mean it was like everything was connected in itself which I didn't like at all.

Again, it may be me and not the book, but it wo
Just Another Perfectionist
I'm not exaggerating when I say it was painfully obvious booze was involved in the writing/plotting of this book.

"Liar, Liar" by Donna Alam was a book I was super excited for, all hope I had for it died a gruesome death the more I read.

My first problem with the plot was when the main leads first meet, the premise of it had potential, but the execution was SO bad: from the heroine being over the top quirky (I probably rolled my eyes to heaven & back by now) & her pretending to be the hero's gf ju
Rozberry🍓
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was ok
I definitely was intrigued by this one when I first came across it, but unfortunately, it was more of a miss for me.

the good
- Lets talk about that cover for a quick sec. Wow. So far definitely one of my favorites for the year.
description

- DA swiftly brought the chemistry between R & R to a palpable level almost from go. R & R were incredibly sexy together — at times —. Even fun & a little sweet too.
description

- Rose’s bff, Amber, is a fun side character.

the not so good
- The potential was there, but ultimately I think
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

'Liar Liar' is a Standalone Romance written by Donna Alam. This book was one gripping tale of love and a bit of suspense!!

I thought I had written the review of this book , but it seems like my wonky brain forgot about this one! So here is my late az fuck review… apologies 💓

This was the first book that I have read by this author and I must say that she is quite talented. The blurb of this book sucked me in and I picked this book the moment
Sara Oxton
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Liar Liar by Donna Alam a five-star read that will bring love to your life. Wow this just has the quelque chose de special (somethingspecial) that will blow you away, it has the usual Donna Alam way that brings the joie de vivre to the story, but this one just has something extra special (and I’m not talking about the purple monster that should have been called Barney), it has more mystery and somehow more oh la la and yes I know I am in love with the French accent (once you meet Remy you will a ...more
Anna
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot, rich Frenchman woos the sassy, independent Southern belle w a dash of suspense!

OMG!! Remy! *le sigh* *le swoon* He can lie to me anytime!!

Rose, or Roísín if you want to go by her license, friend of Amber from Down Under, is back in the States, San Fran, working as a waitress at a strip club and barely scraping by. She meets the incomparable Remy when she beans him with a HUGE purple dong when he comes up behind her in the middle of the night at her front door.

Realizing the hottie she just
Lisa Staples
When the world is in chaos in the midst of a pandemic, and you're looking for an escape from it all...then author Donna Alam is your go-to girl, and Liar Liar is your book!!!
This delicious, heart-warmingly hilarious break from reality is just what the doctor ordered.

When Rose Ryan nearly trips over a would-be attacker on her doorstep, and counters said attack with a silicon weapon of pleasure, you know you're in for a riotous ride and some seriously saucy "sexy times".

Add to that one sexy French
Reds Reads
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I never thought I’d find another sexy, billionaire, alpha asshole French boss who could top Célian Laurent, but I think Remy Durrand may have just done that 😳 and oh my word is he 🔥 I’m also feeling like all these books about said hot French bosses are leaving me with massive false expectations 😅 but I digress.

Donna Alam can be hit or miss for me, but this book was so, so on! I LOVED every second of it and seriously couldn’t read it fast enough. The chemistry between Remy and Rose was fantastic
Cynema
THE BEST PART? PARIS AND A DIRTY-TALKING FRENCHMAN THAT WAS SEX ON A STICK

“Have you been looking for me?” ~~ Rose “Only my whole life.” ~~ Remy

There’s only one reason to read this book. REMY DURRAND. That Frenchman is sex on stick and I would marry him tomorrow, but he isn’t REAL! Yum to the 10th power. THIS GUY … is “like being offered a cake with a cookie inside.” Lip-smacking good. He stole the book away from everything and everyone else. ONLY because of him did I keep reading … and the lovem
Ros 🌼

Well, well, well… Je suis très surpris de voir à quel point c’est bon. J’ai adoré Remy!

Excuse me, I am off to literally prowl through Donna Alam’s back catalogue.

While I do just that, I’ll just leave this here:

Going into this I had no real expectations at all, not many friends have reviewed this and the author was completely unknown to me. All I knew was that this had a smoking hot cover (I mean, who is he? Feel free to let me know and I might stalk him too, but I digress ) and
Sissy's Romance Book Review
LIAR LIAR by Donna Alam is the story of Rose Ryan and Remy Durrand.
Rose is struggling to make it but works very hard. When she accidentally knocks out Remy on their first meeting things start going off the rails. Rose thinks he can't speak English but a few months later when they meet again she learns that he does and that wasn't the only secret that he didn't reveal. Rose and Remy start to find something in each other that fills them with the love that they both wanted and needed. I am a fan o
Ree
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liar Liar is an entertaining read.

Rose is a sassy, yet vulnerable heroine. She is a good person, but knows beyond the shadow of a doubt that life can be cruel. Still, she tries to live in the moment, soaking up any happiness she can, while doing her best to be kind. Her kindness is what makes her cross paths with Remy intially and irrevocably binds him to her.

After one night with an angel, Remy Durrand's jaded life gets a big, bright shaft of light. He doesn't understand why Rose affects him the
Nicola
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Liar Liar is Rose and Remy's story and what a great story it is!
When Rose and Remy first meet it is a less than conventional meeting.
When Rose returns from work in the early hours of the morning, walking up the steps to her apartment a hand reaches out and grabs her wrist. Understandably Rose freaks out and grabs the first thing from her bag, which is embarrassing but makes a great weapon!
After attacking Remy and running inside, feeling bad Rose goes out to her "attacker" and finds him unconsci
Sophie Randall
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Arc provided in exchange for an honest review
I was genuinely surprised by this book, I was not expecting to like this at all and judging the size and the length of it I was set for being bored for some of it. To be honest, it was a little longer than it needed to be - but I still loved loved the story and characters.

The relationship in this was swoon-worthy from the very beginning, I love how they initially met and how it spun out from there. There were hints of humour in this which I apprecia
Caroline F
God! I absolutely loved this story!

"His attention is intense and like a brush of hot fingertips before the look is replaced by a flash of annoyance."

When Rose Ryan saves a handsome stranger, she doesn't realise what she's set in motion, especially when she gives in to temptation. Months later, she comes face-to-face once more with Remy Durrand - only to discover that he's her new boss and he doesn't seemed pleased to see her.

"I will not lose my mind over a girl. A woman, my mind corrects. A godd
Dayang
Jul 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5⭐️

This was my first Donna Alam ARC, but I've already read some of her books.

I do not know how I feel about this book, I'm sorry. I almost did not finish it.

It was really exciting in the first quarter. There were fluttering of butterflies in tummy. How they met and had a brief but memorable encounter... it was funny and swoony. But as I went along, I don't know it felt like the book lost momentum somewhere in the middle.

The anticipation of getting together is what makes a love story exciting
Virginia
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read the blurb for Liar Liar and knew I had to read the book. I love everything French and everything France and knew I would be hooked.

This book is so entertaining and witty and had me smiling and laughing. It’s quite the adventure. With a great plot and likable characters, Donna takes us on a ride with ups and downs I didn’t want to get off of.

A must read!

An arc was provided for an honest review.
Snow
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
sweet Lord, this was a bust, for me...

some really unrealistic stuff is in there, I just couldn't...

I've read it, yeah...and I have to say that I really struggled with definition of it all...

anyway, 2 stars for the effort...
Katarina
Sep 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star
Eli Anthony
After this book, it'll be hard to convince me that there's anything more seductive than the french language. I've always heard its the language of love and now I completely agree. This book was witty, funny, charming and thoroughly sexy!

Remy and Rose first meet in her apartment building when Rose mistakes him for an attacker and hits him in the head with a purple dildo. He loses consciousness and she takes him to the hospital to make sure he's okay. To her surprise, this stranger she just beat u
Hopeless Romantic Chick
Swoon worthy French accent

Every women reacts to men with accent regardless of language and vice versa i think.......it adds to the appeal of the person. Remy on the otherhand took it to a new level and poor Rose didnt even know what hit her. Love the fact shes beautiful in an unconventional way, not full of herself but very kind and helpful. I enjoyed the comedy and LOL moments shes got such a sense of humor funky and corky. Donna mixed steamy romance, travel and humor in this story. Fun to read
Amy Jones
Aug 07, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Editing issues

Needs editing. I'm not sure if it's the writer or editor that does this but when your writing what someone is speaking you use " ", when joining 2 words in a conjunction you use '. These 2 things are not interchangeable!!!
Sharrice
Quit at 25%. The writing style and characters are just not for me.
B-Books Review
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Seriously, what is my problem? I have a bunch of Donna’s books on my TBR list, but this is my first read from her. I super enjoyed, but now I want to read more of her books and I have a feeling that my list will never reach an end.

First of all, this book is freakin’ huge! But the story is funny, steamy, with romance, twists, drama, mystery and a lot more. If you enjoy an office romance where the couple starts as lovers-to-enemies-to-lovers-again and a lot of French accent sexiness, this is your
Maggie
Jul 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-read
3.5 Stars

The blurb of Liar Liar was interesting and I love a book filled with the secrets and manipulations. To be honest, I found the dialogue and monologue of the characters a little over the top at the beginning and I almost DNF’d the book. However, I slowly warmed up to the story and characters as the book went on.

Remy and Rose’s relationship began with an accident and the insta-lust between them were electric. Their reunion several months later led to a swoon-worthy courtship that was f
Rady Reads
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What do I think about this book?
The book was fantastic. I needed a good laugh and where to go if you need one? Yes, exactly pick an author who made you laugh before. So I picked Donna's book and voila...I wasn't disappointed at all just the opposite.
Rose and Remy made me laugh from the very first meeting. That situation alone left me in hysterical laughter.
And while I  don't speak a word in French I loved all the "not only sexy" Frech talk in between ( and don't worry it was translated).

From o

• Our Way
  • Trillion
  • Restrictions (The Sterlings #2)
  • Vicious Prince (Royal Elite, #5)
  • The Jezebel (Rivers Wilde #3)
  • Blocked (Boston Terriers Hockey, #3)
  • To My First And Last One Night Stand (The Inappropriate Bachelors, #3)
  • Rebel Desire (Rebel Love #3)
  • A Reckless Note (Brilliance Trilogy, #1)
  • Winning My Best Friend's Girl (The Baileys #8)
  • Cocky Suit (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Living at the Frat House
  • The Promise (North Woods Universtiy #5)
  • Regrets (The Sterlings #1)
  • The Takeover (The Miles High Club, #2)
  • Legacy (Montgomery Brothers, #1)
  • Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • Hood River Zero (Hood River Hoodlums, #4)
See top shelves…
Donna writes dirty stories, according to her family. She hopes you find them funny, too.

News & Interviews

“May we all be swan-like and soar. (love me some Motivated Mo-Fo’s) Truths and roses have thorns about them. ~ Henry David Thoreau” 0 likes
“I’m no prude. I consider myself to be very much sex positive, as in I’m positive I really like sex.” 0 likes