Start by marking “Islam, Beliefs and Teachings” as Want to Read:
Islam, Beliefs and Teachings

Islam, Beliefs and Teachings

The fifth edition of Islam: Beliefs and Teachings was published in June 1998. This edition saw a number of corrections and amendments to the text. It is one of the best-selling childrens' and adult books on Islam in the world (196,000 copies printed), giving a comprehensive introduction to the religion in an affordably priced and well-produced volume. It is ideal for young ...more
Unknown Binding, 236 pages
Published January 1st 1982 by Muslim Educational Trust (first published October 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Islam, Beliefs and Teachings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Islam, Beliefs and Teachings

Start your review of Islam, Beliefs and Teachings
Hasham Rasool
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Alhamdulillah I really loved this book a lot. I would recommend to Muslims and non-Muslims to read this book. Inshallah.
Karim Tair El-Bar
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Taught me all the basics of Islam. Simple, detailed, informative and easy to read. I would recommend it to Muslims and non-Muslims alike, particularly those who want a brief overview of all the basics of Islam. I'm nearly 20 years old and still have a copy in my room!!
Misele
Apr 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: islam

This book is a great outline for anyone wanting to learn Islam. However, this book alone cannot be sufficient to give a proper view on Islam. It is important to read the Qu'ran and hadiths with a commentary alongside.

For an introduction to Islam and self-reflection, this book has many important principles any Muslim should know. For example: How to make wudu (ablution for prayer), perform prayers, some historical information about Qu'ran and the prophets (pbuh), etc. Each section is classified

Shamis Akhtar
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: islam
Really useful beginners guide to Islam and its teachings. Makes it very clear how one should perform their daily duties of worship. I personally would recommend to everyone to read to ensure that they have a good understanding of daily acts of worship. I myself found it very beneficial as it helped me to memorize as is contains both translation and transliterations of key surahs and duas.
Mohamed Al-hadi
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is one of the books that the new comers to Islam and those who want to have a good introduction to Islam should read first. It is comprehensive and brief written in clear language with little of jargons. I recommend it.
Sumbal Saba
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so good and informative, I read it in one day ...more
Nazreen
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: growing-up, islam
Clearly laid out and beautifully illustrated book that I frequently referred to while growing up. Helped as a starting point for my basics and an assist for my regular summer Islamic school learning.
Meyra
Feb 17, 2014
Neela
Nov 06, 2014
Brian Durance
rated it did not like it
Apr 22, 2014