Start by marking “Truth” as Want to Read:

Truth

There’s only one thing that stands in the way of having my name stamped on a big, fat check trailing with several zeros.

And it goes by the name of Reid King.

What is a totally average elementary school music teacher doing standing in a tour bus with the King of Music? I have no idea, but for some reason, the stars have aligned and the universe thinks I’m the one who can
Kindle Edition
Published April 2020 (first published September 19th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truth

Start your review of Truth
Dora Koutsoukou
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 💘💘💘💘 ☺️ 🎸 📝 🥄 🎶 🌟🌟🌟🌟s ❣️

“Truthl was a beautiful and emotional rock star romance read!
Slow burn, dual pov, amazing characters, very well written and wonderfully developed storyline.
Egle (readingfreakquotes)
This is the first-ever book by Sj Sylvis I read and I had no clue what had I set myself up to when I requested that ARC. I was taken by a nice surprise and wasn't a bit disappointed.

SJ Sylvis is such a talented writer and I was completely lured by all the words on those pages... They were flowing freely and effortlessly and I got completely captivated by this beautiful love story. It was a real page-turner for me!

Every line I read made me feel and ache for the characters, their emotions, pain an
Dilek VT
Sep 25, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I want to read this book but can someone in charge please edit the blurb because the grammar mistake in the blurb makes me think of all the possible editing mistakes in the book and I am skeptical about buying it now...

I have no idea, but for some reason, the stars have aligned and the universe thinks I’m the one who can to help him.
Caroline
5 Stars

So I can be picky about my Rock star romance books. Because it is so important for me I can relate to the characters in the book and that I can put myself into their lives. Often I can find that hard to do with famous people especially rockstars because, to be honest, I don't ever want to be famous like that it sounds awful to me.
I had no trouble at all with connecting with Brooklyn and Reid. They were both such sweet amazing people (When Reid wasn't an asshole) that I just instantly fel
Jasna (JV_readinglist)
This book was my first rockstar romance ever and I really, really loved reading it. This contemporary romance which is full of all kind of emotions kept me awake last night. I was hooked from the Prologue because it was a mystery, and I kept reading and reading until the mystery was solved, I simply couldn't put this book down. Reid (the famous musician) and Brooklyn (a "normal" human being) seem so different at the first look, but they are so similar, they express their emotions in the same way ...more
Candyce Kirk
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So far I've enjoyed this author's romcoms, but was not expecting to get what we did with Truth. This book is filled with so many raw emotions that really hit me in all the feels. Truth is a slow burn romance, but so good!!

Brooklyn is a music teacher and loves what she does. She writes her own songs, but is too shy to do anything with them. That is until her friend is able to get her a once in a lifetime job. Brooklyn doesn't see herself helping a singer when she doesn't even dare to show anyone
SheSaidYestoBooks
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I'll admit it, I love rock star books. It’s one of my weaknesses; my kryptonite. So I couldn’t help but pick this book up. I cannot say no to these hot and sexy tattooed guys like Adam Levine. The only thing that would totally make me combust is if he was a British rockstar. Alas, he is not, but that’s okay. Reid King is still one hot male specimen.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I really enjoyed reading this book, in fact I found it hard to put it down and if it wasn't for real life getting in the way I pr
Whoo Gives A Hoot
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *

description

Oh my goodness, Truth by S.J. Sylvis gave me all the feels and I am still trying to sort them all out, even hours after reaching the end. This story wholeheartedly managed to captivated me and I quickly found myself devouring every phenomenal word within a few hours. This happens to be the first story I have read from this author and now all I can think about is redeeming that fact because if the writing in those stories is ANYTHING like this one
2OCC Reviews
Shelves: gemma
This is the first story i have read by this story and will definitely not be the last because this story was absolutely amazing. I was instantly engaged into the storyline of this story from the very first page. It was packed full of so much emotion that i could not put it down. There was a lot of twists and turns throughout the story that kept me on the edge of my seat.

I loved Brooklyn and the way that she kept putting Reid into his place. I found her to be a strong and feisty character that di
Samantha Turbyfill
OHHHH MY WORD I love Reid King so much.

You are going to be on like page 4 and say WHAT!!! What the what! I put my kindle down, the realized things were only going to get more intense! I couldn’t put this book down.

The heartache and just grief is sooo much your heart will hurt for him. The beautiful tormented rock star. He’s lost his way of putting his feelings into his music.

Brooklyn is a crazy sweet elementary school music teacher who feels for others so tremendously you’ll immediately love h
Megan Stillwell (queenbee_reads)
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.5 (rounded up to 5 for Goodreads) Oh, Sammi 💙💜 you somehow managed to make me laugh, swoon, break my heart, and put it back together all within these beautifully written pages. Reid’s tortured soul and Brooklyn’s selfless yet sassy nature made for a perfectly delightful slow burn contemporary romance that I raced to finish, yet never wanted to end. Reid & Brooklyn’s individual stories were complicated yet simple, and their dynamic together angsty one minute and awkward yet hilarious the ...more
SCBookAddict
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating! I did not want to put it down!

Reid King is in a funk - with good reason - and can not write new music for his next album. Enter Brooklyn- a music teacher that prefers to stay out of the spotlight.

She takes on the job to collaborate with Reid to get him to find his creative flow again.

Reid gives her the cold shoulder and refuses to bend and yet Brooklyn is determined to see this through. She's there for the money and she's not leaving without it.

I fell in love with these two. Reid
Nita
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brooklyn is a nice girl. She teaches music in an elementary school and put her own dreams of songwriting on the back burner to make a huge sacrifice for her family. She doesn't belong anywhere near Reid King.
When Brooklyn has the opportunity to collaborate with King, she can't afford to shy away from it. He doesn't want her help, he is Reid King, the King of Music. But that doesn't keep Brooklyn from being exactly what he needs.
I could not put this down. Sylvis was able to combine romance with
Dux [My week is Booked]
my blurb!
Brooklyn, a public school music teacher, agrees to a summer job to help Reid, a rockstar in danger of losing his star power. She’s supposed to help him unlock his writing block for songs, but a summer on a small tour bus together and she might end up helping him with a whole different problem.

Trigger warning- this book has a background character struggling in the arena of mental health.

I got an advanced readers copy in exchange for an honest review!

🔥🔥🔥 out of 5 steam level

what
♣Bel♣
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

4 stars

REID?

REID KING?

COME HERE BABY, LET ME GIVE YOU A HUG.

I’m going to start by saying, while making my way through this book I was in a reading slump and yet, this book held my interest so so well.

I wasn’t in the mood to read but it kept calling to me and I couldn’t help it, I needed to know where this story would lead.

I loved the entertaining aspect of it but I also loved the deeper, emotionally tougher storyline. It added so much depth to the characters and made for a really int
Reckless Readers
This book was just okay for me. I liked the premise of it, but I really feel like it got lost in the Angelina story line which considering she is the reason for the turmoil is kind of odd. I think Reid’s trauma and concern was hammered into us way too much. It honestly started feeling redundant. I was also really bothered by the way he would say Brooklyn broke down his walls completely, but then he would kiss her and then pull away. I think it was too much back and forth and not enough proper bu ...more
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
Truth by S.J. Sylvis
“What will happen when the truth comes out? 4 stars”

One sentence has put Reid’s life on hold. He cannot move on until he knows the truth behind one vengeful sentence. He declared he would never let another woman in but when he meets Brooklyn, he starts to second guess that decision. Will he let his walls down and let her in? Or will he let who could be his other half walk away?
Brooklyn is all about family, family comes first. Her family needs help and when her best friend co
Jennie Seaman
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every book from SJ Sylvis just gets better and better! She is one of my favorite authors and I love her writing so much! She is super talented and can write deeper books like this one as well as wonderful romantic comedies!

Reid King is a famous singer/songwriter who has lost his touch. He has a heartbreaking secret that has blocked his writing. Brooklyn is brought in to help him get inspired again. Brooklyn said yes because she needs to help her family. But the connection between the two of the
Andrea
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, this book gave me all the feels. I hadn’t read a Rockstar romance in years and Truth was the perfect welcome home. There was complexity to this story. I laughed. I cried. I swooned. I wanted to throttle Reid multiple times and then turn around and give him the biggest hug. He was dealing with some serious demons and coasted through this uncertainty and guilt that just broke my heart. He’s definitely my favorite a-hole. And then there’s Brooklyn. Oh my goodness, I adored her to pieces. She’s ...more
Britney Chavez
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do I have words for this book....no, no I do not! Man S.J. Sylvis hit it outta the park with this baby! SO DAMN GOOD!

I wanna say that Brooklyn was amazing. Between her being awkward and shy around others and always writing in her old notebook. What else is a songwriter supposed to do. But when she gets the chance to make some great money to help out her family, she is all over it. Til she finds out what the job is and who she is helping fix!

Reid, oh gosh I loved him so much! His heart, his prote
Alexa
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book and the author were both very pleasant surprises for me. I had never heard of her before and had no idea what to expect! However the blurb intrigued me that I just had to give it a try.

I very much enjoyed Brooklyn's character - introverted and slightly shy heroines are cat nip to me! Her shy strength drew me into the story and made it interesting where it could have slipped into a typical 'rock star' style rote. The back and forth between her and Reid and the progression of their rela
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I love rockstar romances! I really enjoyed the characters of Reid and Brooklyn and the premise for the book. Brooklyn is an unassuming music teacher with this hidden talent for songwriting and singing. Reid is a famous rock star who is going through some issues and has lost his ability to write hit songs. So Brooklyn ends up being hired to help Reid write. Now there is a lot more to this, like how was Brooklyn chosen, what was the true reason for her taking the job, and why in the world does Rei ...more
Orgasmicbooks
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I have said it before and I am going to say it again.

I am a GOSH DAMN SUCKER for musician stories. My heart just goes pitter patter at a bajillion miles a minute.

And Truth did not disappoint. Oh no, no, no, disappointment who? We don’t know her around this neck of the woods.

Brooklyn was my favorite. I just gobbled up her sassy, no fucks given bravery. She stood her ground and I loved it.

I mean doesn’t every amazing musician need a sassy, no bullshit, sarcastic women to keep his ego in chec
Kristen Granata
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the depth of this story. SJ proves how versatile she can be — she can not only write the funny RomComs, but the gritty, emotional contemporary romances too! From the first page, SJ hooks you with the drama & mystery. I loved watching Reid’s walls slowly come down whenever he was around Brooklyn. Their banter was my favorite part of this story. I loved Brooklyn’s quiet strength. I loved the twists and turns I didn’t see coming. I loved it all! Another job amazingly well-done by SJ. Can’t ...more
Laura ~Passion flower

Truth (ARC) was graciously provided to me by Inkslinger PR for an honest review. I will voluntarily read this book and provided my honest opinion. Review to follow.
Sarah Gomez (cruel existence books)
This book slayed my soul, honestly.
I'm still in awe because Brooklyn and Reid — along with their hilarious best friends 😂— gave me everything.
Un-freaking-forgettable! Every thread was tied up perfectly.
Loved it so much and will definitely read it a million times more!
Tasha
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Butterflies. This book gave me butterflies in my tummy. It has been a minute since I cheesed so hard at a book. I loved the story and honestly really liked the characters! It was so sweet and just adorable and I cannot wait to read more from this amazing author!
Taylor Colbert
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you’re looking for a rock star romance with some hilarious banter, lovable secondary characters, and a smokin’ hot rocker, this is IT. I loved these characters, their selflessness, and the way the heroine broke down the walls of the rough and tough hero.
Rachel
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve been DYING to meet Reid & Brooklyn ever since SJ started teasing us on Instagram. TRUTH is hands down my favorite from hers yet!
Luz Acevedo
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book will have you in all of your feels... this book was full of angst and so much emotions. An amazing Rockstar romance.
I can’t wait for everyone else to get to enjoy this book 😘

• Rock Star, Unbroken  (Tragic Duet, #2)
  • Darling (Darling Devils, #1)
  • Rock Star, Interrupted (Tragic Duet #1)
  • Kozart (Savage Beasts #1)
  • Never Trust a Rockstar (Never Trust, #1)
  • Trey (Liar #3)
  • Never Again (Never Blue #2)
  • Endless: Ty & Zoey (Less Than Zero, #1)
  • See Her (Turn it Up, #1)
  • Final Serenade (The Encore, #1)
  • Never Lasting (Never Blue #1)
  • Those Chance Encounters
  • See Through
  • Hating the Boss
  • Never Kiss a Rockstar
  • Reckless Invitation (The Reckless Rockstar #2)
  • Reckless Obsession (The Reckless Rockstar #1)
S.J. Sylvis is a romance author who is best known for her angsty new adult romances and romantic comedies. She currently resides in North Carolina with her husband, two small kiddos, and dog. She is obsessed with coffee, becomes easily attached to fictional characters, and spends most of her evenings buried in a book.

For upcoming info on new releases, join her Facebook reading group: https://www.f