Start by marking “Aliens Don't Wear Braces (Bailey School Kids #7)” as Want to Read:
Aliens Don't Wear Braces (Bailey School Kids #7)

Aliens Don't Wear Braces (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #7)

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  998 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
The hugely popular early chapter book series re-emerges with a new look! Brand-new eye-catching cover art brings a modern feel to this classic monster series for young readers.
When the art teacher disappears after a strange display of flashing lights, it looks like Bailey Elementary is in a bind. But out of nowhere a mysterious and pale woman with silver-white hair and an
Published October 1st 1993 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Aliens Don't Wear Braces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aliens Don't Wear Braces

Nicole Javvaji
Feb 16, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children just starting to read on their own, parents reading to children 5-7
Recommended to Nicole by: won this book at Barnes and Noble
I've been reading this series to my niece and she really gets into the stories. She is a fan of ghost stories and mysteries, but she can not yet read independently. This is my first attempt to read her a non-picture book and I was pleasantly surprised that she stayed very interested throughout the story. Its a short chapter book, so we read a few chapters each day. There are occasional illustrations in the book, which helped us to visualize and make predictions. I definitely plan to read other b ...more
Hannah Belyea
Mar 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: the-child-inside
A mysterious woman with white hair and braces shows up to teach art at Bailey Elementary after the original teacher vanishes, but the third graders believe she may be an alien stealing all the colour out of their city! Dadey is sure to excite young readers with this colourful entry!
Vanessa
This story was vey interesting and I really enjoyed reading. I loved how the author didn't say whether she was an alien or not at the end, which made me able to keep predicting the truth.
Amy
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
* rating mostly based on nostalgia *

The Bailey School Kids series is one that will always have a special place in my heart.

Aliens Don't Wear Braces was one of my favorites to read when I was younger.

Re-reading your favorite childhood books is always so bittersweet. I remember being so engrossed into every Bailey School Kid story (and maybe just a tad bit scared.)

Hopefully, when he is old enough, my son will enjoy this series as much as I did!

Angel
Oct 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: childhood
Kimberly
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
The collection of "The adventures of the Bailey School Kids" stories are among my all-time favorite children's books. Witty, mischievous and fun, these short and silly books continue to bring giggles to the young and old. Just as I have enjoyed them as a kid, my own children also love them today. I even catch myself re-reading them (alone) from time to time. What can I say? I guess I'll always be a BSK kid at heart.
Catherine Woodman
Jul 29, 2011 rated it liked it
The Bailey School Kids is a best-selling children's book series by Marcia Thornton Jones and Debbie Dadey. Its main characters are a group of four children (Eddie, Howie, Liza, Melody) who suspect some persons in the stories are popular folk lore or fairy tale characters. They are appealing because they mix a familiar story in with this group of kids. Mid-grammar school
Samuel
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children
Meh. I guess it's okay for what it is. I don't think this series has aged very well, however. The characters are barely there, the setting isn't that interesting, and the pacing seems rushed. If this hadn't been in the Little Free Library, I doubt I'd ever have picked it up, and I doubt I'll think back on it often.
Grey Liliy
Nov 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five stars for nostalgia.

I read this book to the point that the cover is cracked and the pages are bent when I was younger. I found my copy hiding in a stack of books, and read it again for fun.

Still a cute little story & Mrs. Zork is still creepy. XD
Twyla
there is a new art class teacher and people think it is an alien because she takes color.when 4 of the kids go see her house they do something.when they did something they got everything back to normal.Auryn 7yo
Molly
Oct 11, 2008 added it
A silly series that creates more questions than it answers. It's great for formulating theories as well as predictions. The class dynamics should be very familiar to those of the Magic School Bus generation.
M-Tear
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book a few years ago, and now that I'm going through all of my books and selling some, I decided to read them one last time before I do. I remember enjoying this book, and even now I still wonder... was Mrs Zork really an alien with braces? :)
Vibhuti
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-adventure
Howie, Eddie, Melody, Liza, were finding out about Mrs Zork and why she was stealing colors. Liza, Melody, Eddie, Howie, thought Mrs. Zork was an alien.
Kimberly
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
There was even an opportunity to teach about idioms on page 55.
Elizabeth
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I remember loving this book in third grade. I had to write a book report and present it in front of the class. The book then became all the rage for my class.
great when ur little
May 06, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 2nd graders
Recommended to Mrs. Bahns by: it was asigned to me
Shelves: danyel
Me and my friend read this book together and it was interesting with a alien stealing all of the schools colors!- Danyel
Patricia
Feb 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE these books! I loved these series when I was a kid. Excellent.
Deanna Reads Books
Dec 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I've been trying to remember what this book was called for the longest time. I read this in the 5th grade and I remember it rather vividly. I really enjoyed this particular book.
Lillian
Aug 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
It was really cool how the girl had braces and they kept changing colors and she always wore boots. I liked that about her and I thought it was really cool how she made the pottery.
Valentina :)
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 3.7 - AR Pts: 1.0
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
Lizzie
Jan 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
I liked this book because there was a mystery in it.
Kate Matson
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
I don't remember much about this series, only that I really enjoyed them. It was a fun story for young readers and the writing style was great.
Wendy
Aug 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Reading time with Brendan
Logan
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Read these all in while I was in middle school and loved them, giving them a 3.5-4.0 for my past 12 year old self.
Micaela Semien
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loves this story!!!
Sabrina Di Marco
Jan 17, 2012
  • Reindeer Do Wear Striped Underwear (The Bailey School Kids Jr. Chapter Book, #2)
  • The Mystery in the Old Attic (The Boxcar Children Special, #9)
  • The Berenstain Bears Gotta Dance!
  • Horrible Harry and the Green Slime (Horrible Harry, #2)
  • Blizzard of the Blue Moon (Magic Tree House, #36)
  • Fourth Grade Is A Jinx
  • Forever Amber Brown
  • Thanksgiving Turkey Trouble (Ready, Freddy!, #15)
  • The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4)
  • Dig, Dogs, Dig: A Construction Tail
  • The Kidnapped King (A to Z Mysteries, #11)
  • Stanley, Flat Again! (Flat Stanley, #6)
  • Drat! You Copycat! (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #7)
  • Great-Grandpa's in the Litter Box (The Zack Files #1)
  • Ruby The Copycat
Debbie Dadey is the author and co-author of 162 books for children, including the Mermaid Tales series from Simon and Schuster and the beloved Adventures of The Bailey School Kids from Scholastic. Ms. Dadey is a former teacher and librarian. Please like her at Facebook.com/debbiedadey.
More about Debbie Dadey

The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #1)
  • Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2)
  • Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #3)
  • The Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball (Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #4): Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball
  • The Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips (Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #5): Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips
  • Frankenstein Doesn't Plant Petunias (The Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids, #6)
  • Genies Don't Ride Bicycles (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #8)
  • Pirates Don't Wear Pink Sunglasses (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #9)
  • Witches Don't Do Backflips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #10)
  • Skeletons Don't Play Tubas (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #11)

Fiction Deals

• Revolution 2020
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A General Theory of Oblivion
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Ya-Yas in Bloom (Ya Yas, #3)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Big Breasts and Wide Hips
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Breakdown: A Love Story
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Blaze of Glory (Civil War: 1861-1865, Western Theater, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mercy Falls Collection: The Lightkeeper's Daughter / The Lightkeeper's Bride / The Lightkeeper's Ball (Mercy Falls #1-3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Secret
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Dead Don't Dance
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Light Years (Cazalet Chronicles, #1)
  • The Love Season
  • The Man Who Could Be King
  • Mosquitoland
  • Just a Couple of Days
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wildflowers (Glenbrooke, #8)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Mother's Secret (Hearts of Lancaster Grand Hotel #2)
  • The Whiz Mob and the Grenadine Kid
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Chasing Rainbows: A Novel
  • The Perfect Son
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Winnowing Season (Amish Vines and Orchards, #2)
  • The Feathered Bone