Start by marking “The Uncommon Thread: Keeping Secrets Can Be Dangerous. Telling Them Can Be Deadly.” as Want to Read:

Paddy Duncan thinks he's part of a quiet family of tailors. But when his grandfather is kidnapped, Paddy desperately begins searching for clues only to find that his family has been guarding a secret. It's a scientific mystery so amazing; it has been changing the course of history, through espionage, for over two hundred years. As he digs deeper, Paddy finds that Grandpa l ...more
Published April 18th 2020 by L. Douglass Books

To ask other readers questions about The Uncommon Thread, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Uncommon Thread

Start your review of The Uncommon Thread: Keeping Secrets Can Be Dangerous. Telling Them Can Be Deadly.
Glen
Oct 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: firstreads, espionage
I won this book in a goodreads drawing.

A kid wants to go off and travel the world instead of working in his father's tailor shop. Then his father is kidnapped, and it turns out the tailor shop is a front for a world wide espionage network. Someone's been watching Man From UNCLE.

Not bad, first book in a series, that has some potential.
Andreea Pădurean
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Once you start reading The Uncommon Thread you can’t stop until you reach the last page, and the interesting plot is just one of the reasons for that.

Complex characters, palpable emotions and strong family ties offer dynamism to a rich fictional universe where daily life is intertwined with elaborate codes and puzzles that only the wise can solve correctly.

Spies and century-old enemies intermingle with the passion for books and culture. Add some advanced high technology and double identities,
Intriguing read

I received this book in a Goodreads giveaway. I didn’t realize until I started to read it that it must be meant t be a YA book. While the broad concepts of the book are complicated, the way it’s written is simple. The dialogue is simple, the characters are not deeply defined, there are things that happen that aren’t well explained. I grew bored more with the writing style than the story itself.
Gale Walker
This was a good reading book, easy to follow and made me curious to the next event. However, I did find myself getting distracted from it due to the pace of the storyline. I found myself easily putting it down, and yet curious when I picked it up again. The ending was easy for me to depict. I do wish it would have had more historical facts within it. That may have made it go faster for me with more ease.
Liz
Dec 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a spy/action novel that introduces us to a young tailor apprentice and the mystical world of his family's history. Although intended for the young reader and written in a simpler style, it is a pleasant and interesting read for anyone. The story moves right along with some intriguing historical relevance. And, the ending lets us know that this is just the beginning of the adventures to come.
I won a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway for this honest review.
Bargle
I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.

It's not stated in the description, but the book is clearly intended for a YA audience. Seems very much around the age level of a Hardy Boys book. Still, an interesting story with a bit of a steampunk background history. Good if you like that type of book. I'd give it 3&1/2 stars if I could, but not 4.
Susan Burlew
Nov 12, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway
An interesting story about a family of tailors. They have coats made with magic thread. Lots of fun adventures!
CRISTINA
The story is interesting and different, very catching, I enjoyed this book .
Richard J. Link
Shelley

• Sorry I Missed You
  • The God of Small Things
  • The Last of the Moon Girls
  • Golden Poppies (Freedman/Johnson, #3)
  • The Lost Girls of Devon
  • Tempting the Scoundrel (House of Devon, #3)
  • Magical Midlife Madness (Leveling Up #1)
  • Across the Winding River
  • The Glamourist (The Vine Witch, #2)
  • The Remains of the Day
  • Witch Is When It All Began (A Witch P.I. Mystery, #1)
  • The Black Ice (Harry Bosch, #2; Harry Bosch Universe, #2)
  • The Secrets of Lost Stones
  • Your Perfect Year
  • This Is Love (The Light to My Darkness #3)
  • It All Comes Back to You
  • The Tracker (Sam Callahan, #1)
  • True to Me (By the Sea, #1)
Laurie Douglass is a fiction and poetry writer. She loves to inspire readers through storytelling that stretches the imagination and inspires curiosity. She prefers themes that weave in themes of geoscience, culture, cryptography, mystery and classic literature.

Besides writing, Laurie enjoys discovering wonders in nature, hiking in the mountains, and baking. She has lived in South and Central Amer