Start by marking “The Name of Red (Red, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Name of Red (Red, #1)

The Name of Red

(Red #1)

The woman in red has a secret admirer.
A second at love means confessing your secrets to a stranger.

Two strangers on the same path.
It was a rainy, winter night when I saw her for the first time.
A mysterious woman in a red dress seeking shelter came inside the restaurant I was busy working in—primarily the bar.
Night after night, drink after drink, she comes back to the same
Published May 15th 2020 by Amazon Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Name of Red, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Name of Red

Start your review of The Name of Red (Red, #1)
Yeasmin Alo
*Copy kindly provided by the author in exchange of an honest review*

It was a cute little slow burn romance

I was looking for a quick easy breather book, then this book came up.

It was super sweet Love at first sight romance novel

How Kabir (H) got Red(h) into talking to him for the first time was just plain cute and Dreamy 😍
And their first kiss!! It was so beautiful !! It surly gave me 🦋

Some of the tactics of Red was annoying me a lot but Kabir is a gem and obviously you know my drill
If the male l
Tina
This is a romance book, and it is also the first book in the Red series. I could not get into this book, so I ended up DNFing this book at page 100. I won a kindle copy of this book from goodreads giveaway, and this is just how I feel about the book.
Beena Khan
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

“I've escaped death twice now.”
“There’s a reason you survived.”
 “And what is that?” She laughed bitterly. “To waste my life drinking booze?”
“So, you can come into my life."

RELEASED TODAY MAY 15 2020 on Amazon and Barnes & Nobles.
Kindle and paperback format available on Amazon. Paperback and hardcover format available on BN. The book is now on Kindle Unlimited.

Amazon Link: https://amzn.to/3exWZlm
Barnes & Nobles Link : https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w?ean=...

Reasons to read TNOR :
1. Cue in
Fatima Nauman
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
From strangers to best friends to companions....

Three friends brought together by....
Pouring rain
Sheer luck
And Boundless pain.....

This book is A Walk to Remember meets The Perks of being a Wallflower meets Kal Ho Na Ho.. It's got it all. Romance. Friendship. Comaraderie. Respect. Pain. Loss. Grief.
And most importantly how to get over it all and leave the past in the past....

"How can you learn to heal if the past is a place you want to stay in?"

Characters:

Red:

"The losses that we had came
Hannah
May 14, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2 Stars - Fine book

Note: I received an ARC of the book in exchange for an honest review.

This book is the author Beena Khan’s debut novel and overall, it’s a good attempt at a first novel. We follow the story of the heroine nicknamed “Red” for the striking color of her dress she wears when we first meet her. Happenstance brings her into the restaurant of Kabir, a sensitive and pragmatic man. We follow their friendship and love for one another over the course of the book culminating in an event t
✨ Lucy ✨
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“He brought up her old scars again, and now he couldn’t leave them on the shelf like books to gather dust.”

This is the first time I read anything about this author, and I have to say I enjoyed it.

It was a quick , but at the same time intense reading.

We can see the journey of two broken people , who recognized the same pain in each other souls .

It wasn't easy , there were so much emotions and feelings. I just loved it.

“The losses that we had came into our lives so we can find each other and h
Katia
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a unique romance story filled with friendship and heartbreak. We see the story of two people coming together after going through a lot of pain separately. Each character was so deeply flawed and beautiful at the same time. I loved the theme of second chances-- how they're worth chasing after even if they aren't perfect-- while at the same time I love how real this book was in showing that some pain doesn't ever fully go away even when someone's around to make it better. It's a real love sto ...more
Aneela
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. You have to read until the end. The storyline is captivating and it really makes you feel like you know “Red” personally. The details were so point and made everything so easy to visualize. You feel like you’re a bystander within the story. Highly recommend!
Katelynne
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I greatly enjoyed this debut novel! It was angsty and full of heartfelt emotion, more of a drama than a romance. Red is a character I will always remember, and Kabir is an angel. I look forward to part two of this duology. Look for my full review at bitchbookshelf.com on July 2!
Cristina
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Copy kindly provided by the author in exchange on an honest review.

I started this book last night with the intention or reading a few pages before bed. Big mistake! This book absolutely consumed me. Before I knew it, I was 17% done with it. And as soon as I could figure things out, I was 58% in...

The book is about two people who find each other due to faith. At least, this was my impression. The story behind each main character was so complex and well built... I loved both Kabir and Red even t
⋆Lara⋆
DNF at 80%

I received an ARC copy from the author for an honest review and this is going to be as honest as I can get. Prepare yourself for a rant. *spoiler alert*

I'm breaking one of my own rules and giving this book one star because honestly, it deserves this.

What I had thought I would get when I read the blurb- A sweet little CR with a hint of suspense.

What I got?- A sob story of a self destructive heroine who was, for the lack of a better word-annoying in the least.

The whole story revolves
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
What an outstanding novel. I read this in the early hours of the morning and was finished in just 3. It's a book that really surprised me, drew me in and didn't let go. Beautifully written and surprising in it's ability to have you truly lost in the story.

A beautiful woman enters a bar, alone and sits and reads a book. Stunning in a red dress, the eyes of every man on her. She is oblivious as she drinks alone and turns the pages of her book. Night after night, the same. Who is this mysterious wo
Clara (Clarylovesbooks)
*I received an ARC of the book in exhange of an honest review*

The Middle Eastern representation was definitely this book strongest point. Plus, it was a super quick read and the writing style was simple but enjoyable.

Kalib and Red are attracted to each other immediately, and maybe that was the reason why I could not fully enjoy this story, as I'm not a fan of the insta-love trope.

There are cute moments and I love how respectful Kalib is towards Red, but i thought that the story was very cliché
Becca
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jessica Mulcrone
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Name of Red is an intense, sexy read that drew me in immediately and didn't let go. It's descriptive and immersive, but is also written in a way that's straightforward enough to pick up and read a chapter of when you have a chance without loosing the thread. I did that for the first few chapters and then read all of the rest in one day because I became so intrigued. The growing sexual tension between characters, the secrets slowly unfolding, and the emotional depth of the relationships betwe ...more
Jordan
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Although The Name of Red took me a little while to read, I did enjoy it. It was slow paced and was character and dialogue driven. The characters were unique, and I loved their different backgrounds and ethnicities. It got better near the end because of the plot twist. I wish there would have been more details to the last chapter.
I’m giving this book 3.5 stars, but rounding it up to 4 stars.
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
I got this book as an arc from the author. Such a pretty cover!
Sophia Ismaa
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I want to thank the author, Beena Khan, for providing me with a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

The Name of Red is a slow burn romance that will make your heart sing and add Kabir to the list of your book boyfriends.

Me: “The perfect man doesn’t exist.”
Kabir: “Hold my beer.”

I was around the 75% mark when I realised that I was essentially reading a Nicholas Sparks novel.
Ruth Harwood
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a book full of intrigue and exploration - we're all different, in our passions, outlook, loves and hates, and these are captured well here, with great skill and planning. The hints and observations of life, the pains and joys of life are all explored in this fantastic book, giving the reader an insight into the human psyche. I love the fact that this is centred around books and their power to influence our lives - I even ordered a copy of 'Brave New World', a book I've been pondering but ...more
Gracie
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: four-stars, arcs
Considering this is Beena’s debut novel, I was amazed at how good this book was!
Aside from a few grammatical errors - which never entirely took me out of the story - it was an outstanding read.
I loved the character growth and development every one of the characters got.

Good job, Beena!!

* I received an advanced copy of this book. This is my honest opinion *
Vera Neves (Sinfonia dos Livros)
When I received the author's request to read this book, I was not expecting to find what I found in this story. I've read so many books, but I'm always afraid to read something by an author I don't know, I have to admit. However, I didn't even think twice when I replied that I was more than interested in being able to satisfy her request made wit such humble and sincere way. Thank you Beena, for trusting me with your story.

This book brings us the story of (un) love between Red, the famous woman
Heather Holland
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A perfect read for a lazy Sunday
SSShafiq
Feb 16, 2021 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A kind GR reviewer mentioned that some of this author’s books work as riff off some of my favourite Bollywood movies. Sold ...

Angie McGuire
May 12, 2020 rated it liked it
This story isn't what I expected... At all. It's not my normal genre, and the story line we out of my zone.
These characters each had their own story, but it took a while to figure out what those purposes were. And the epilogue? This unconventional book is worth reading, but if you are looking for a normal type of book with love.... I voluntarily reviewed this book from the author.
Deanaera's Bloggy Book Bites
I had an opportunity to read a copy of this book sent to me by the author in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed here are fully my own.

Who are you Beena Khan?
Because I am truly caught by this intriguingly philosophical read with undertones of societal and religious commentary that doesn't avoid the grittiness of reality.

**Warning: if you read further the text may contain spoilers**

The Lady in Red and Book Exchange with Secret Notes hooked me with its cliche nostalgic sweetness
Melina Lobo
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
He never knew what it was like to feel breathless until he met her.
🦄🦄🦄
When a mysterious beautiful young woman enters a bar in a red dress, she makes heads turn and hearts stop.
And just like everyone else, Kabir wants to get to know her, who she us, where she's from, why was she sitting at the bar reading a book?
So, he comes up with a plan to get to know her through books.
Two strangers find each other during their toughest of times, but will they be able to save each other?
🦄🦄🦄
The Name of Red is a
Michelle Whitham (curled_up_with_a_good_book)
This is a fantastic debut novel from Khan, touching on so many thought provoking aspects. From the blurb you can be led to believe this is a standard romance, but it’s so much more than that.

A beautiful and mysterious woman walks into the bar one night and attracts the attention of every male in there. But she is too engrossed in her drink and her books and pays attention to no-one. Night after night, she keeps coming back and Kabir (who works there) is intrigued. Shy but curious, he decides the
L.L. Lily
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honestmamreader
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is Beena Khan's stunning debut novel. And, I would like to thank her for my gifted digital copy.

From the synopsis I thought this would be a story of two people meeting and falling in love. Just your average love story. But, The Name Of Red is much more than that. It has depth, it has substance and it has two main characters that that the reader can easily connect and relate to.

When Red walks into the bar. Red is the name the regulars give her, as she is elusive and mysterious. She doesn't
Rolé
Aug 04, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
-- Read this review, and others, on my blog at www.hookedbythatbook.com --

Red is a complete mystery for much of the book. I really liked Kabir’s initial attempts to draw Red into conversation, by leaving books with notes in them for her. They start up a slow friendship, which eventually morphs into something more. But Red can’t give all of herself to Kabir.

This story made me realise yet again that tragedy can strike at any time, and it doesn’t care about the colour of your skin, your age, your
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
New Adult Book Club: #13/21 - The Name of Red by Beena Khan 15 26 Apr 02, 2021 06:31AM
TNOR Facebook Reading Group & ARC Launch Group 1 1 Jun 26, 2020 02:13PM

• Fighting Words
  • Marks of Rebellion (Behind Closed Doors #2)
  • Blood & Bone
  • You Deserve Each Other
  • The ALL-NEW Six-Figure Erotica Author: How I Make Six Figures Self-Publishing Erotica
  • Hunter (Rosewood High, #5)
  • Imperfect. (Perfect, #2)
  • Depths of Destruction (Behind Closed Doors #1)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Perfect. (Perfect, #1)
  • Of Curses and Kisses (St. Rosetta's Academy, #1)
  • The Love Study: An LGBTQ Romcom
  • The Devil’s Love: A Dark Romance
  • Boy on a Train (All American Boy)
  • Reputation
  • Faking It
  • Where the Edge Is
  • How the Grinch Stole My Heart
Beena Khan is based in NYC where she brings dark fairytales to life. She writes edgy new adult, contemporary, and mafia romances that give you a book hangover. She has a Masters's Degree in Developmental Psychology. She published her first book, the Name of Red when she was 26. Come say hi at beenaxkhan@gmail.com or her Twitter/Instagram @beenaxkhan. All of her books are on Kindle Unlimited and au ...more

Red (6 books)
  • The Weight on Skin (Red, #2)
  • Color Me Red (Red #3)
  • The Whispers of Rifts (Red #4)
  • The Scarlet Night (Red #5)
  • Six Feet Apart (Red #6)