Start by marking “Birds of Prey, Vol. 12: Platinum Flats” as Want to Read:
Birds of Prey, Vol. 12: Platinum Flats

Birds of Prey, Vol. 12: Platinum Flats (Birds of Prey)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  319 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
After an attack by the Joker left former Batgirl Barbara Gordon in a wheelchair, she took on the mantle of Oracle, the premiere computer hacker in the DCU. Now, she kicks tail as the leader of a covert ops team populated by the world's top heroines, including the Huntress and Lady Blackhawk.

The all-female team hits the road and find a new home in a place called Platinum Fl
Published August 4th 2009 by DC Comics (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Birds of Prey, Vol. 12, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Birds of Prey, Vol. 12

Rosa
The first book I finished in 2011, and I'm a tiny bit disappointed in it. There was a lot of action in this book and we spent a lot of time learning about the different villains but I would have liked some more time spent with Canary and the decision for her, Green Arrow and Speedy to help out the team and I would have liked to spend a little more time with Misfit and Black Alice and the whole school thing. The whole Platinum Flats Syndicate thing is interesting but I feel like this book is losi ...more
Debra Cook
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Birds of Prey move to Platnum Flats and run into an old emeny from Gothem.
Jena
Jan 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: dc-comics
A lackluster end for the original BoP run, but I bumped up a star for some great scenes with Babs.

It was nice seeing Canary again after her long absence, but her usual playful sarcasm is gone and she's honestly just boring here. Helena and Zinda are similarly bland. Misfit was in character, but Misfit is no Canary, Huntress, or Black Hawke.

With the exception of the showdown with Joker, nothing really felt tense, exciting, or thrilling.

I also thought it was a bit hard to accept that Babs would
Alan
Jan 20, 2010 rated it liked it
Tony Bedard had a tough act in following Gail Simone but he plays to his strengths in these tales. Solid story telling, with nice character spotlights on the supporting characters. We get Misfit in high school, and Bedard is one of the few writers who remembers that Helena Bertinelli, Huntress, is a high school teacher (which gives us a couple of nice Misfit-Huntress moments). Toss in Zinda's fun loving, but professional approach to things, and Babs is still the brains of the operation, well you ...more
Jemz Thomson
Nov 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this as the team has a great dynamic and work together really well. Oracle is a good, strong firm leader. It was also nice to be introduced to some DC heroes that I had never heard of before such as Misfit, Lady Blackhawk, Manhunter and Infinity.

My favourite part of this book is how the events of The Killing Joke are addressed. It really shows some strong character development
Nate
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
The idea of super heroes in the DC version of Silicon Valley is a nice twist and it is at least a bit satisfying for Barbara Gordon to extract some small measure of revenge from the Joker but what happens to that character in the Killing Joke is so awful it is hard to imagine anything evening the score.
Shannon Appelcline
Mar 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-dc
This volume has a few high points. The use of the new Platinum Flats setting is quite good, especially because of its mystery, and Oracle’s confrontation against the Joker is terrific. There’s some slowness in between, and the setting’s mystery gets burst too soon … but it’s overall a solid volume.

Wait, there’s no actual ending in this final Birds of Prey story from volume 1!? Sigh.
Warren
Salvation Run
Wilde Sky
This graphic novel lost me, there were simply too many different characters / stories jammed together - some of the illustrations were reasonable. ...more
John Yelverton
Aug 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
A decent attempt to keep the Birds of Prey afloat, but they're really missing the writing talents of Gail Simone.
Thaddeus Rice
Jun 15, 2017
  • Birds of Prey, Vol. 11: Metropolis or Dust
  • Birds of Prey, Vol. 5: Between Dark and Dawn
  • Birds of Prey: Old Friends, New Enemies
  • Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes, Vol. 3: Strange Visitors from Another Century
  • Blue Beetle, Vol. 5: Boundaries
  • Showcase Presents: Legion of Super-Heroes, Vol. 1
  • Blue Beetle, Vol. 3: Reach for the Stars
  • ElfQuest: The Searcher and the Sword
  • Blue Beetle, Vol. 2: Road Trip
  • Infinite Crisis Companion
  • Rann-Thanagar War

Birds of Prey (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Birds of Prey, Vol. 1
  • Birds of Prey: Old Friends, New Enemies
  • Birds of Prey Vol. 1
  • Birds of Prey Vol. 2
  • Birds of Prey Vol. 3: The Hunt for Oracle
  • Nightwing: The Hunt for Oracle (Nightwing Vol. II, #5)
  • Batman: Officer Down
  • Batman: Bruce Wayne, Murderer?
  • Batman: Bruce Wayne, Fugitive, Vol. 1