Start by marking “Broken Sparkles” as Want to Read:
Broken Sparkles

Rachel Inbar

Broken Sparkles

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  8 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Adjusting to a new country and language hasn’t been easy, but good things are happening too. Megan and Noah’s little sister, who has Cerebral Palsy, is starting to walk and talk, they’re getting a grasp on Hebrew, and the magic tunnel is an exciting place to escape to... until everything begins to go terrifyingly wrong.

A chance encounter with a girl on stilts leads to an
Published May 10th 20 by Magic Sparkles Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Broken Sparkles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken Sparkles

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Broken Sparkles
Summerlin Conner
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed reading Broken Sparkles. The creativity and imagination flowed throughout the book. I could easily get swept into the magic of the tunnels and the children’s imagination as I read along. And I loved how the storyline incorporated Cerebral Palsy as well as Fibromyalgia. Also, it was fun to read the bits about being an author/writer that were included. Following along with the characters and their troubles with their “broken” magic, I became increasingly curious about how everythin ...more
Cayson (age 11)
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Broken Sparkles is a fun and easy read. I have not read the other two books that came before this one in the series, however, the author wrote in a manner that allowed me to follow along and not become lost. This book would be appropriate for younger readers who are starting to read chapter books.If you love books that encase magic and elements of mystery, this will be the perfect book for you.
Leah
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: read-with-k
I'm one of the authors, so I'm a little biased. We had so much fun writing this and I hope that energy comes through and you guys enjoy reading it as much as we enjoyed writing it! ...more
Shez
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As with all the other two books in the series, Orange Sparkles & Blue Sparkles, this book deals with acceptance and tolerance. I love that we see one of the moms, Leah, dealing with her fibromyalgia and her kids being accepting of it. As a mom who has dealt with a myriad of health challenges, I wish I had had a book like this to read to my kids when they were young.

I love how the authors made a point of stating that the kids spoke to Elise instead of the non-disabled people around her. One of my
Aviva Ernst
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As a 77 year old person I brought this book and the other 2 sparkles books because I know the mother of the authors. I thought I would share the books with some of my young friends.

Imagine my surprise when I was reading the books to my daughter who just turned 26 and has Down Syndrome I found I was captivated by children in the story. I kept wanting to go to the site of the magic tunnels. After all it is only about an hour way. The Broken Sparkles had such a twist to the story I could not put it
Rona
Jul 06, 2020
Shlomo Goodman
May 26, 2020
Nomi Hallel
Feb 20, 2021
Rachel Inbar
Apr 19, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens

• Untamed
  • Friday Night Bites (Magic Market Mysteries, #2)
  • King of Ashes (The Firemane Saga #1)
  • Mouse of Cards
  • Pretty Little Fliers (Magic Market Mysteries, #1)
  • Game of Bones (Magic Market Mysteries #3)
  • The Physicians of Vilnoc (Penric and Desdemona, #8)
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
  • Long Road to Mercy (Atlee Pine, #1)
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
  • Snow Crash
  • Companion Pieces (Disrupted Magic, #3.5)
  • Witchy Warnings (Witches of Shadow Lane #4)
  • Witchy Orders (Witches of Shadow Lane #2)
  • Witchy Business (Witches of Shadow Lane #1)
  • Witchy Secrets (Witches of Shadow Lane #3)
  • Magic and Missives (Blackwood Bay Witches #6)
  • Broomsticks and Bones (Blackwood Bay Witches #4)
Rachel wrote her first book(let), You're Yucky in Some Ways, as a furious note to her parents for going out to eat and leaving her at home. She was six. Her parents didn't get the fury and roared with laughter. Disappointed but determined, she continued to write throughout her childhood and teens.

At 16, Rachel moved from the US to Israel to pursue a college education. It ended up taking a little

News & Interviews