Start by marking “The Lieography of Amelia Earhart: The Absolutely Untrue, Totally Made Up, 100% Fake Life Story of a Great American Aviator” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  12 ratings  ·  10 reviews

Amelia Earhart, top aviator. You might know that her flight accomplishments were heralded across the globe. But what about the story of her teeth, which were so perfect that her dentist wanted to remove all of them to show his other patients? Or her refusal to read chapter nine in any book? You’re about to be treated to the Lieographical aspects of Amelia Earhart’s life,
Published October 15th 2020 by Tanglewood

To ask other readers questions about The Lieography of Amelia Earhart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lieography of Amelia Earhart

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Lieography of Amelia Earhart: The Absolutely Untrue, Totally Made Up, 100% Fake Life Story of a Great American Aviator
Briar's Reviews
This lieography is a unique spin on a biography that gives false and fictional tales of the famous Ameliea Earhart.

I can easily see little tech and history loving readers picking up a book like this. It's a great way to bring history to life and try to get more people interested in flight and Amelia Earhart. I think this is super unique and amusing.

It is rather childish (it's a middle grade book, surprise surprise), but it's still quite interesting! The silly tales and goofy pictures make this
Sandra Norman
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Lieography of Amelia Earhart is part of a series of other lieographies. Different than an actual biography, a lieography has a creative take on fictional events of this very real aviation pioneer. It is not until the end of the book that the true story of Amelia Earhart is revealed, and the reader is encouraged to scout out even more facts about the flying phenomenon. This is a great read for young readers beginning chapter books, as the chapter lengths are manageable.

The cover is very eye
Abby
Aug 09, 2020 rated it liked it
I am a huge fan of nonfiction books and I am always looking for nonfiction books to put in my elementary library. While I did love the concept of this book, I felt it lacked truth. I thought it was very funny at times and young readers will love laughing through this, but I was hoping for an authors note or a quick history of Amelia Earhart to help young readers leave with some knowledge about her. Overall, it was a good book and the illustrations were perfect.
Anne
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Lieography of Amelia Earhart
by Alan Katz
Back of the Book: "Amelia Earhart, top aviator. You might know that her flight accomplishments were heralded across the globe. But what about the story of her teeth, which were so perfect that her dentist wanted to remove all of them to show his other patients? Or her refusal to read chapter nine in any book? You’re about to be treated to the Lieographical aspects o
Marlena
Jul 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Lieography of Amelia Earhart is a children's book. It starts out as a book with wacky tales pretending to be a true biography but towards the end of the book, the facts are revealed to be lies. This is when the real biography is shared with the reader along with actual facts about Amelia Earhart.
The book would be perfect for students in grades 2nd or 3rd in my opinion. It has a easy writing style for students to understand, wacky/funny stories (sometimes over the top but little kids go craz
Rosalyn Davey
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is such a good idea. It was funny and I think a good way into fiction for children who prefer nonfiction. I know the children in my school would enjoy this.
Marte Olsen
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a copy on Netgalley in return for an honest review!
I really liked this book. It is silly, funny and a bit confusing, and I feel like children would like that even more than me! I like the narration style of the book and feel like it helps the humor. Another thing I really appreciated is the part at the end where it tells the true story of Amelia Earhart.
I think this would be a good way to approach some elements of history and historic figures, without making the pupils feel like they
J.D. DeHart
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Alan Katz’s work, and this book works in humorous and engaging ways for young readers. I’d gladly put it on my classroom shelf for history and language arts. Fun, inventive — and very, very smart.
Andréa
Apr 23, 2021 marked it as to-read
Note: I received a digital review copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.
DiKrLa
Feb 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Part of a new funny historical fiction series that will make kids laugh and want to learn more about the real Amelia Earhart!
Jack Erin
Jan 08, 2021

• The Bookstore Cat
  • Bye, Penguin!
  • We Are Water Protectors
  • The Newest Princess (Itty Bitty Princess Kitty Book 1)
  • I Talk Like a River
  • The Good Thing About Bad Days
  • And the People Stayed Home
  • Our Subway Baby
  • Counting Creatures
  • The Midnight Fair
  • Dragon Mountain (Dragon Realm, #1)
  • Please Don't Read This Book
  • Tilly and the Bookwanderers (Pages & Co. #1)
  • My Friend Earth