Start by marking “Fugitive Telemetry (The Murderbot Diaries, #6)” as Want to Read:
Fugitive Telemetry (The Murderbot Diaries, #6)

Fugitive Telemetry

(The Murderbot Diaries #6)

No, I didn’t kill the dead human. If I had, I wouldn’t dump the body in the station mall.

Expected publication: April 27th 2021 by Tor.com

To ask other readers questions about Fugitive Telemetry, please sign up.
Rowan I really hope not. If you read Network Effect, it certainly looks like Martha Wells is setting Murderbot up to go off and do something else after that…moreI really hope not. If you read Network Effect, it certainly looks like Martha Wells is setting Murderbot up to go off and do something else after that ending (trying to avoid spoilers here). This isn't that book, this is set on Preservation Station before Network Effect. (less)

Start your review of Fugitive Telemetry (The Murderbot Diaries, #6)
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Jun 22, 2020 marked it as to-read
More Murderbot coming!! How awesome is that? Can we make 2021 come any sooner? I think we're all over and done with 2020 anyway...
Amy
May 05, 2020 marked it as to-read
Am I already putting the sixth entry in the Murderbot Diaries series on my TBR list before I have even acquired and read book 5? YOU BET YOUR ASS I AM THANK YOU BOOK DEPOSITORY FOR CLUING ME INTO THIS GORGEOUS ENTRY HELL YESSSSS
Kogiopsis
More Murderbot for the soul!

I am obviously not going to say anything particularly specific or risk even slight spoilers, so this review will be somewhat vague. The thing is, if you've read Murderbot thus far, you're gonna want to keep reading Murderbot, so I don't really think I need specifics to convince people to read this book.

What it's left me contemplating is mostly... the bizarre way Murderbot makes friends, and the way that I find this process particularly heartwarming. The thing is, Murd
Sana
May 07, 2020 marked it as to-read-so-bad-it-hurts
THE COVERRRR

When Murderbot discovers a dead body on Preservation Station, it knows it is going to have to assist station security to determine who the body is (was), how they were killed (that should be relatively straightforward, at least), and why (because apparently that matters to a lot of people—who knew?)

Yes, the unthinkable is about to happen: Murderbot must voluntarily speak to humans!

Again!

I just love these blurbs 😂👏

-----------------------------

ALWAYS MORE MURDERBOT \O/

Set between Exit
Rian *fire and books*
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021, arc
Unsurprisingly I gave 5 stars to the SIXTH entry into one of my favorite series, The Murderbot Diaries.

If you haven’t read these books by now you really should. It’s the perfect blend of dry and sarcastic humor with a dash of heart wrapped up in a sci-fi adventure. Or in this installments case... a murder mystery!
Silvana
Jul 01, 2020 marked it as to-read-not-yet-bought
Kindle price: 11.99 USD

For a novella. 176 pages.

Very funny, Tor.com!
R. G. Nairam
Aug 29, 2020 marked it as to-read
I enjoyed Network Effect, but I'm excited we seem to be going back to the novella format! I think it works better for the pacing of Murderbot's adventures. <3 ...more
Lia
May 14, 2020 marked it as to-read
OMG YESS!!! MORE OF MURDERBOT! Please don't end this serie anytime soon.
Julio RGuez
Aug 09, 2020 rated it did not like it
No ha salido aún y ya tiene muchas reseñas de 5 estrellas, hay que compensar
Rebecca
Sep 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Not my favorite entry in the series, but still great!
Virginja ↢ 99% imp
Tor.com: *announces a new MurderBot novella*
Me, internally: *screams* *jumps* *kiss her secret MB unofficial action figure*
Me, externally: *immediately puts it in TBR*
Grant Gamble
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'd read an entire spin off series of MurderBot solving weird crime with station security. Gives me energy. Best kind of story. 10/10
Nova Syzygy
May 19, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: i-need-it-now
I need this book.

Update: apparently it’s set between Exit Strategy and Network Effect...maybe now the weird references in Network Effect will be explained. I don’t know how I feel about this, but I can tell I’ll love it anyway.

Old Review, Pre-Update:
Also, who’s that other bot on the cover? At first I thought it was an ag-bot, but that can’t be right because those look like giant metal spiders. Is it like some physical manifestation of ART? Oh! What if it’s Central?

I hope Three appears in this bo
D.G.
Aug 26, 2020 marked it as wishlist
We have a pub date for the next book in the series!! Thank you,Lord Ms. Wells!!

I know I said I would get started on the new shows but like Murderbot, I can't get enough of Sanctuary Moon! I mean...what's the deal with the Solicitor?

Melinda Beatty
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Murder solving Murderbot is the best Murderbot.
Hailee
Shelves: need-it-now
It's not a full length novel or set after Network Effect but it's FINE. PUT IT IN MY HANDS.
Maggie Brees
May 18, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: novella
IT'S A MURDERBOT MURDER MYSTERY

Haven't been this excited about a new installment in a book series since... maybe Harry Potter? Which is kind of disturbing and how was Deathly Hallows 13 years ago???

Anyway I don't care, just give me that good good robot crack, Martha Wells, I NEED IT.
Catie
This reads much more like a novella or short story than a full-length novel, but it was still immensely enjoyable. Murderbot gets to be a detective in this - tracking down clues and interviewing suspects. It reminded me a lot of Isaac Asimov's robot novels in the best way. I will probably never get enough of these books.
Nate Thern
I'm a dude.

I love SciFi books with lots of carnage.

I loved the Murderbot books.

I see that there's another Murderbot novel coming out. This is good news! I go to the GR page to add it to my TBR.

I see that lots of pink-haired chicks have already written gushy reviews in excited anticipation.

I go to a bathroom stall and check to see if I'm growing a vagina ... nope.

Note to self: Don't forget to delete your Fugitive Telemetry review. - writing gushy expectant reviews before a book is published is no
Linda
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
The sixth book (read from an Edelweiss eARC) in a series I had never read, I am now a Murderbot fan. It helps that these adventures of a part human/part cyber being are novellas so they are quickly read. Created to be a well armed Security Unit (SecUnits), apparently Murderbot has long ago stopped being what he was created to do and grown into something different, a person seeking his personhood. A body has turned up on Preservation Station and Murderbot gets hired (reluctantly) as a consultant ...more
Jasmin Brooks
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just can't get enough of Murderbot. So much so that I couldn't wait until the release of this newest novella in the series. Thank goodness I work in the book industry so I didn't have to. #6 is another thrilling adventure for Murderbot, this one feeling a bit like an Agatha Christie murder mystery in space. With, of course, an awkward and moody SecUnit who just wants to watch tv alone.
I'm not one to reread series, generally, but I feel compelled to start from book one again to stay with Murde
Samantha Fondriest
Oct 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Probably my favorite since the first book - I liked the plot in this one more than usual! And Murderbot’s “charming personality” is still top notch - just had a really good time with this one.

Full review to come.

Thank you to Edelweiss and the publisher for an advanced copy of this novel. All opinions are, as always, my own.
Jennybeast
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So far, Murderbot has never disappointed me -- not in snarky dialogue, not in adventure, not in mystery or awkward friendships and this episode is no exception. I admit the full length novel has whetted my appetite for longer adventures, but there are some really interesting seeds for new relationships in this novella.

Advanced Reader's Copy provided by Edelweiss.
Rachael
Sep 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf
Another fantastic entry in the series. Murderbot uses its prodigious skills to solve a mystery on Preservation Station.
Evy
Jul 04, 2020 marked it as to-read
GIVE ME MORE MURDERBOT, YES PLEASE
Karyn Silverman
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it and happy that the ending leaves room for the series to keep going.
Indira Rivera
I really want more Murderbot, he really is an awesome being.
Megan
Ratthi is my favorite.
Flying Goat
May 31, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Ring Shout
  • The Eye of the World (The Wheel of Time, #1)
  • A Deadly Education (The Scholomance, #1)
  • Hench
  • Starsight (Skyward, #2)
  • Orders of Battle (Frontlines Book 7)
  • Sea of Rust
  • Tõde ja õigus IV
  • Tõde ja õigus II
  • Tõde ja õigus I
  • Tõde ja õigus V
  • The Duke Who Didn't (Wedgeford Trials, #1)
  • The Jane Austen Society
  • Across the Green Grass Fields (Wayward Children, #6)
  • Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb #1)
  • The Mysterious Study of Doctor Sex
  • The Left Hand of Darkness (Hainish Cycle, #4)
  • Remote Control
Martha Wells has written many fantasy novels, including The Books of the Raksura series (beginning with The Cloud Roads), the Ile-Rien series (including The Death of the Necromancer) as well as YA fantasy novels, short stories, media tie-ins (for Star Wars and Stargate: Atlantis), and non-fiction. Her most recent fantasy novel is The Harbors of the Sun in 2017, the final novel in The Books of the ...more

The Murderbot Diaries (6 books)
  • All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, #1)
  • Artificial Condition (The Murderbot Diaries, #2)
  • Rogue Protocol (The Murderbot Diaries, #3)
  • Exit Strategy (The Murderbot Diaries, #4)
  • Network Effect (The Murderbot Diaries, #5)