Start by marking “Raised On It (Between the Pines, #1)” as Want to Read:
Raised On It (Between the Pines, #1)

Raised On It

(Between the Pines #1)

From bestselling author, Lisa Shelby comes the second book in the Between the Pines Series.

“I’m going to marry you one day.” A deep voice says from the barstool next to me.

It all happened so fast.

A week ago, romance writer, Mason O’Brien was at a party on the Upper Eastside. Tonight, she’s eating alone at the only bar in the tiny town of Eastlyn, Oregon.

A

Kindle Edition
Published May 18th 2020 by Lisa Shelby Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Raised On It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raised On It

Start your review of Raised On It (Between the Pines, #1)
Erin Lewis
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 star Review Raised On It by: A Between The Pines Novel by Lisa Shelby
Lisa Shelby is a new author to me and why that is I have absolutely no idea. From the first to the last page I was hooked with this small town story set in Eastlyn, Oregon.
I really liked romance writer, Mason O’Brien and the man who despite herself, she falls for Miles Montgomery and found myself quickly invested in the story that Ms. Shelby wove.

Raised On It was a romantic love story that ticked all the boxes for me, with c
Thuy Taylor
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lisa Shelby just gave us a swoooooony new book boyfriend ! Small town romance, fun characters, nosey gossipy old ladies, friendships that go way back to childhood. Miles Montgomery, playboy, popular with everyone, ladies man, but is there more to this guy than what people perceive? Mason is in town from NYC l, house swapped with one of the girls she met, hoping to get some writing done. Mason is a romance author, and she’s working on a new book. What she doesn’t anticipate on is falling in love. ...more
NhaughtyV says Damn the Zon Save the Reviews
“Whatever little bit he can give me, I will greedily take because Miles Montgomery is everything, and you don’t walk away from everything.”

Who would have dreamed a house swap would lead a city mouse to the man of her dreams and cause the local player/farm boy to give up his love’m and leave’m ways? Lisa Shelby has written a heartwarming romance between two souls who recognize each other on sight…even if one of them is reluctant to let go of the past. Raised on It is one of those stories you
Kari Hansen
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mason is a romance author who is facing writers block and is hoping that leaving New York city for three months and heading to Eastlyn, Oregon will be the solution to her problem. Meeting Mason on her first night there might just be the best thing that could have happened to her.

From the moment that Miles meets Mason he knows that she is special. He is determined to show her that his reputation was just because he hadn’t met the right woman yet and now he just needs to convince her.

This is a sw
Shasta Hope
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am a HUGE sucker for any Lisa Shelby Novel. That's no different with this small town country love story that almost left me Speechless like the great Dan & Shay iconic love song. Lisa Shelby knows her audience and she pulls you in so effortlessly and beautiful that it will even shake you and your boots. Head over boots, Anyone?

Miles Montgomery is not your typical Small town Cowboy. Is he hot? Of course! Is he adorable with a capital A? Your darn right he is but he is also Eastlyns' town Loverb
the. quirky. wallflower
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Star-Crossed Stars

Lisa Shelby generously provided an ARC in exchange for an honest review…an albeit late review but an honest one.

Raised On It takes us to Eastlyn, a small town in Oregon that will steal a piece of your heart just like Miles and the Crew will. Miles is a small-town guy who loves living in a small town. Mason is an author from the big city who is trying to find inspiration for her new series.

Miles and Mason’s story is really a journey. Their paths meet at a time in their lives
Janice Kellam
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was ok
Mason is an author from New York that heads to small town Oregon to find inspiration for her next romance novel. The woman she has house-swapped with gives her the local cast of characters, so Mason knows who it’s safe to hang out with, who to avoid, and who’s gonna try to get in her pants (specifically Miles, the town bicycle that every girl has had a ride on). Miles offers himself up as Mason’s tour guide and eventually she takes him up on it and he shows her the town through his eyes. He sets ...more
Chasing The Words  Book Blog
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG...Raised On It by Lisa Shelby (who I absolutely love btw) was amazing and I fell in love with everything about the book and the people in it.    We are going to start off by staying that I have claimed Miles so if you have or have not read the book yet just know that Miles is MINE and I am not sharing him with anyone.  I have #claimedthefarmboy and no one can take him from me.  Ok, now that we have gotten that straight and out of the way, Raised On It is a sweet, loving, hometown story about ...more
Up All Night With Books
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars
Review by Elizabeth
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night with Books Blog

Where has Lisa Shelby been all my life?!?!

Raised On It is hands down the BEST book I have read so far this year. I am seriously hooked and cannot wait to read her backlist and what she comes out with next. Is it possible to rate a book higher than five stars?? Is fifteen too much? Can I go higher?? Please??

Miles, Miles, Miles, the small town playboy has finally gotten a taste of his own medicine. Well, almost. Even thoug
KL Cassanello
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Think about the possibility of us...

Mason is a city girl through and through, but does a house swap with Katie, ending up in Eastlyn, OR. It's the perfect place for inspiration for her new romance novel series, set in a small town. Miles is a player, a small town farm boy with a secret. A secret that everyone knows except for Mason. This is a new-to-me author, and this is a terrific introduction. The book is very easy to read, and the story flows well. I felt like I was actually there while read
Jackie Wright
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by Lisa Shelby and after reading this story I’m left wondering why she hasn’t crossed my radar before now, well that’s about to change because I need more from this very talented author.
Raised on It is book 1 in the new Between the Pines Series and what a fantastic start to the series, it’s small town romance at its best and it’s a story that captivated from the first page to the last line.
This book ticked all my boxes, I fell in love with the characters and I
Comfy Couch Book Reviews
This is a small town romance featuring Miles and Mason the author from New York who does a house swap with a friend and moves to Eastlyn to get some inspiration for her new book.

On the first night she is in town, Mason meets Miles who tells her that he is going to marry her, who would not swoon at first, and then be suspicious wondering what kind of game this guy is trying to play, she doesn't trust any guy after getting her heart broken. When she hears that Miles is the town man-whore Mason is
Laura ~ Not Now I'm Reading
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was a refreshing "country mouse/city mouse" update with a house swap and a dash of "Sweet Home Alabama" mixed in.

I truly enjoyed how the H knew the moment he laid eyes on the h that she was the woman he was going to marry...even though she had been warned about his love 'em and leave 'em ways by the woman with whom she swapped her New York apartment in order to spend several months in a small Oregon town.

I enjoyed the lengths that the H went to in order to make sure that s
Lisa
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Shelby gives me yet another reason why she is one of my absolute favorite go to authors. I always know she will deliver an amazing story full of characters that you can't help but love, and she doesn't disappoint with her new release Raised On It.
I love a small town romance and this one gave me everything I love about them and so much more than I thought to hope for. I was hooked from the start and I am still in love with Miles Montgomery.
Miles is sweet, sexy and all kinds of swoony. I fe
Melissa
May 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: booksprout
Kathy
I absolutely loved this book! It was very sweet and steamy. It was laugh out loud funny and super cute adorable. The dog, Lou, made the book for me. Just a bit player but such an important part! The setting of Eastlyn, OR is wonderful too. I've always enjoyed books set in the Pacific Northwest and this one did not disappoint. Mason & Miles are perfect for each other and I am really looking forward to learning more about the Crew in the coming books. A really good feel-good book that leaves you w ...more
Wanda
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! Mason and Miles will have you going from laughing, to swooning, to angry, to sad, and back and forth. I love the small country town love. Mason has been hurt bad by her ex and her parents and fights her feelings for Miles to protect her heart. Miles knows as soon as he first sees her that she’s the one. The characters all draw you in and I can’t wait to read the rest of this series to see how their lives play out.
Loralie
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's fun to read about the bad boys and the women that "tame" them. There's more to Miles that meets the eye, and its evident on the first page. I love small town country boys and loved watching Mason fall in love with the charming town and its residents. Even though I was sure I wouldn't be trapped under Miles' spell, it was so difficult not to swoon so hard after all his layers were starting to reveal one by one. And don't get me started on Lou. Heart stolen! Loved it! ...more
Breen
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“I’m in love! Raised On It by Lisa Shelby was my first book of her and it surely won’t be the last one. Her writing and characters hooked me from the beginning till the last page. It was a romantic small town story. Mason and Miles gave me all the feels. I laughed, cried, got angry and then sad. Miles stole my heart from the very beginning. He knew the moment he saw Mason, she was the one. His conviction made everything so romantic and intense. I can’t wait to read how the stories continue.”
Pam
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book. Lisa has hit a home run with this one. It is definitely one of my top books I have read this year. This book will have you totally engrossed in Smalltown, USA with its sweet romance and endearing characters Miles and Mason. His book. Movement a nice pace and was over before I was ready for it to be over.
Spunky N Sassy
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Great Book
I was hooked on this book from the beginning and I couldn’t put it down. I can’t wait to discover the other books by Lisa Shelby.
Scarolet Ellis
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Raised On It: (A Between the Pines Novel) by Lisa Shelby is a wonderful story to read. This is book number two in this wonderful series. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about romance.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book
Kimberly
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book is a good small town romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry.

Melissa Meyer
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Shelby's Raised On It is an absolutely AMAZING love story! I love how an author can transport you into the story and make you feel like one of the characters watching the story unfold right in front of you. Can't wait for more stories in the series! ...more
Tristan Burbridge
May 15, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
The story line and character work were good. The book had a fairly smooth flow to it. While I enjoyed the book, I had a hard time connecting to the characters.

Ali Stevens
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have read every Lisa Shelby book and I am never disappointed. Miles is the perfect character, quote me on that!
Annie Deloach
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Shelby, your amazing stories put into words never cease to amazing me. I am so honored to be a part of the #lovegeek world. “Raised on it” the story of Miles and Mason is incredibly heartwarming, and hits ya right in the feelers. I fell in love with Miles in chapter 2, with 7 little words, I was all in from there. I eagerly await to read what happens with The Crew in “Bottle it up” until then I will sit back during these crazy times with my heart and feelers in your books, waiting for my ti ...more
Michelle
Feb 16, 2021
Megan
Aug 20, 2020
Betsy Pearce
Jan 31, 2021

• Love Her (Military Men of Lexington #3)
  • Boomer (Ruthless Kings MC, #2)
  • Backsliding
  • Down the Hatch (Witches Be Crazy #1)
  • Witches Box Set: Books 1-3
  • Zeke (Eye Candy Ink, #4)
  • Ink (Colors of Crime #3)
  • His Curvy Castaway Obsession
  • Flint (Alpha Cops #6)
  • The Marriage Dare (Dare to Love)
  • Shadow Cursed (Shadow Falls, #2)
  • A Temporary Engagement (Fake Love #3)
  • Inside
  • Forgotten Magic (Magic Underground Anthologies, #3)
  • The Legislator's Lover (The House of Kaimar #4)
  • Gavin (Stryker County PD #1)
  • In Love with a Shadow (Reaper’s Daughter #1)
  • Carson Cove Sandals Boxset Kelli Callahan
Lisa Shelby is a best selling indie author and self-professed Love Geek. If your looking for sweet and sexy adult contemporary romance then the YOU & ME series is for you. Looking for a bit more suspense with your romance? Then be sure to check out my GORGEOUS DUET and my standalone novel, BLACKBIRD

Be sure to follow me here and everywhere so you don't miss a thing!

JOIN MY READER GROUP!

Between the Pines (3 books)
  • Bottle It Up (Between the Pines, #3)
  • Leave the Night On (Between the Pines, #3)