Start by marking “Grieved Loss (Bellandi Crime Syndicate, #3)” as Want to Read:
Grieved Loss (Bellandi Crime Syndicate, #3)

Grieved Loss

(Bellandi Crime Syndicate #3)

Calla

I’ve never known pain like when I lost my husband, never known the fear that came with wondering how I would suddenly support my two kids. So when an anonymous benefactor stepped forward on my husband’s behalf, I never questioned it.
And then Ryker comes from the shadows to show me the truth, determined to show me what his brand of love can be. He demands everything fr
Kindle Edition
Published 2020 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Grieved Loss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grieved Loss

Start your review of Grieved Loss (Bellandi Crime Syndicate, #3)
Liz Booker
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-books-2020
Farscapegirl
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-keeper-shelf
Sunshine and her Shadow. I was so excited to be on the ARC team for this one. The first book in the Bellandi series introduced Ryker as Matteo's psycho torturer who was waiting to claim Calla and her two kids after letting her have a year to grieve her dirty cop husband who had been killed. I knew Ryker would be an interesting character, but I was unprepared for the mix of single minded obsession and sweet loving family guy. Ryker blew me away with his intense sensual pursuit of Calla and dreamy ...more
Mandy Carnley
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don’t even know where to begin.. I have so many thoughts on this book and not sure I can even write them all down. I will start with if you haven’t read the first two books in this series do yourself a favor and start there. It’s not necessary but it is more enjoyable to get the dynamic of the Bellandi family and how they operate. That is where we first meet Ryker. I had a feeling he was gonna be an interesting character and boy oh boy was he... Ryker is a very complex character but thoughtful ...more
KittyLuvr
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh, I am in looooove! Ms. Forrest hit this one out of the ballpark AND hit every one of my buttons!! And Ryker, oh Ryker, he is one of the MOST dreamy anti-H's I've ever read.
Ryker is lethal, cunning, intelligent, a borderline serial killer, is the Executioner for the Bellandi Crime family. He glories in both his work & his results as well as the process itself; he's physically huge, naturally terrifying & emotionally frigid. Or is he? For this deadly man has been stalking Calla/h for years . .
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in this series and is Ryker and Calla’s story. Ryker is lethal and executioner for the Bellandi family, and for years her has been obsessed with Calla. Calla has lost her cop husband when a drug deal goes wrong and is left to somehow support her two children and herself, as well as grieve. Ryker steps in as an anonymous benefactor, and is allowing Calla to grieve for one year, before he steps up to pursue her intensely. I loved how Ryker was so caring to the two children. I ...more
Kj
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been obsessed with the Bellandi men since Bloodied Hands was released with Mateo and Ivory’s story . Then we got Samara and Lino. This installment was about Ryker and Calla . Ryker is Mateo’s gruesome enforcer . He kills and he enjoys it . He becomes obsessed with Calla who is a cop’s wife . When Calle becomes a widow Ryker knows it’s time to make Calla and her two children his. If you have ever read Izzy Sweet’s book Taking Lilly this is a similar premise . Ryker is a delicious, controll ...more
Sara F.
Jul 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a super protective, obsessed, borderline psychotic alpha, look no further - Ryker is in the building. The steps that he goes to in order to claim Calla are over the top insane. I love all of that and the HEA that follows.

I’m knocking off a star because of the overly precocious children - they were, at times, cringeworthy and my eyes rolled out of my head so many times that it took away from the story. Other than that, it’s a fun and entertaining story with a psychotic alph
CeCe
Nov 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
I don’t understand why Callie had two kids with her husband, Chad, when at 5% she did not feel comfortable leaving even one of them with him.

I did not care for the heroine and I did not understand why the hero cared so much for the heroine.
The heroine was oblivious and stupid. Her husband was not that clever and able to hide his crap from her. DAH!!

DNF. I was unable to connect.
Jay
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book was intense. If you thought Matteo was OTT, just wait until you read about Ryker. I enjoyed this book and was hooked right away! If you’ve read the first two books, you surely don’t want to miss this one. Ryker is all in, focused, and so very 🔥🔥🔥. It’s been a few days since I finished the book, and I’m still feeling a little like my mind was blown. Intense alpha male-check. Scenes that set the pages on 🔥-check. Sweetness like you wouldn’t believe-check. Obsessive behavior-check, c ...more
Krystal Duckarmie
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Adelaide Forrest does it again with book #3 to her Bellandi Crime Syndicate series!

Having already read books #1 (Bloodied Hands) & #2 (Forgivable Sins), and falling in love with her Alpha male heroes and their female counterparts, I was thrilled to get a chance to read into Ryker and Calla’s love story. I thought it was going to be tough to beat Lino and Samara (Book 2) for my favourite couple in this series, but I will say, Ryker and Calla gave them a run for their money.

A word of caution - t
MichelleG
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you love a take charge, obsessive, brutally protective alpha hero, you are going to love Ryker. He has been stalkin......errr....looking over the heroine and her kids for years, re-arranges and builds his home around them, showers them with love, but never loses his killer edge. He is dominant in the extreme and extremely high handed in his approach to integrating himself into Calla and her children's lives.

Poor Calla is doing her best to raise her kids after the loss of her husband a year a
Aakanksha(call me asha)
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
4STARS!!!

This book was so much better than I thought. I totally enjoyed reading the story of Calla and Ryker.This book can be read as a standalone but its better to read the series in order and if you have read the previous book you already know a little about ryker. He is the chief executioner of the Bellandi's and he has his eyes set on Calla.
She is a widow with two children and Ryker steps into her life as a benefactor but just like the other Bellandi's, he is very authoritative and he knows
Ashley
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW, SIMPLY AMAZING STORY!!Adelaide has done it again with this story!!! This book is sexy, raw, emotional, and will keep your attention the whole time!!! I could not put this book down, and I definitely know I will reread it again and again!! I love the beautiful raw connection and chemistry between Ryker and Calla!!! Ryker is this powerful, emotional, scary, loving, flipping hillarious,determined man who before he meets Calla is dead inside. When he meets her, Calla brings Ryker back to life, ...more
Samantha
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an epic love story between an alpha mafia enforcer, Ryker, and the widow of two young children, Calla. Through a series of tragic events Calla is left to care for her two young children alone, or so she thinks. Little does she know she has a 'shadow' that has been watching her for years.

Calla becomes the recipient of a generous anonymous benefactor that gives her 1 year to mourn the loss of her husband without worry of how she will pay her bills. Once this year is up Calla gets to meet t
Jessica
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lino will always be my first love, but Ryker is a close second!

(and I wasn't that excited when it was announced Ryker was next)

I have been a huge fan since the beginning of this series, and this one doesn't disappoint. I took a quick look at some of the other reviews - you should start with Bloodied Hands (#1).

Ryker Fiore lives and thrives in the shadows, but a chance assignment to watch Calla Latour forces him to into her light. He's obsessive. He's a stalker. He knows exactly what he wants,
Blossom Books
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow Grieved Loss is Adelaide's best work to date!
Ryker and Calla! I'm in-love with them.
Since first meeting Ryker in the series, I couldn't wait to find out more about this man! And a was not disappointed!
Ryker is obsessed with Calla from the moment he sees her.
He is one hot alpha let me tell you and he loves Calla with all he is and nothing will stop him from claiming her and her two kids ( who are so adorable, I loved them instantly ) when the time was right.
Calla is grieving the loss of her h
Becky
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Do you ever find yourself in a book slump? Weeks of picking up and putting down, waiting for that one book that will draw you in, see you awake until the early hours of the morning and not let you put it down until its done!!!! THIS IS THAT BOOK!!!!!! I am in love with Ryker and Calla!!

Ryker has known for four years that Calla,
his sunshine, is it for him. He has to wait though... and plan. When Calla is widowed he gives her and her super cute babies a year to grieve and then all bets are off.

Ry
Darcie
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Adelaide once again delivered a heart stopping, gut wrenching, and timeless story. Ryker and Calla’s story loft nothing to the imagination. Adelaide laid it all on the table....every fear, insecurity, inner demon battles and so much more. The dominating alpha meets his match with an independent single mom who won’t be told what to do or come to do what she’s told. I can’t say too much without having spoilers and I hate when reviewers do that but I can say I love how Adelaide picks right up where ...more
Tara
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Let me just start with WOW. You do not have to read the previous books in this series but you really should to get a better understanding of the Bellandi men and their family. This is hard to put into words but Ryker is the type of man that you love and hate at the same time. He is that bad boy that you root for because you cant help but love him. His devotion to his Sunshine/Calla and their kids was beautiful. His stalker ways is creepy but beautiful all at the same time. He is a man that knows ...more
Jocelyn H
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just love this series so much. I love the over the top mafia members of the Bellandi family and I love the women who they take for themselves.
Ryker is such a hard unforgiving man but when he meets his sunshine he instantly becomes obsessed with her and won't let anything stand in the way of him taking her for his own.
Calla's and her children's whole lives are about to be changed by the man who wants to give them the world but who can't let them go.
Definitely a kidnapped by the hot sexy mafia m
Megan Kornegay
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Grieved Loss was an excellent addition to the Bellandi series. I recently binged all three books in 36 hours and this so far has been my favorite of the three. If you go in knowing the series is dark mafia you’ll love the books.

Ryker is unapologetically intense, protective, fierce and loving all at the same time. The depth of his devotion to Calla and her children is admirable even if it is psycho level intense. Calla does a good job standing up for herself and most importantly for her children.
Brandi
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ryker and Calla are just heaven on a page.
I live for insane totally over the top alphas. To the point where its crazy and shocking how alpha a hero is. Well Miss Forrest delivers.
I am obsessed with her writing and honestly can not get enough of it!
First off Ryker just his name is the coolest ever. He is "stalking" or alphaing with Calla for awhile. He is nuts and I flipping loved it. They have their issues and Ryker is crazy town at times but I could not put Grieved Loss down.
Its steamy as a
Martha Simmons
Jul 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
As with Ms. Forrest's other two books in the Bellandi Crime Syndicate, "Grieved Loss" catches you and holds you until the very end. Her characters are well developed, demonstrating the full range of character traits, from good to bad (and sometimes beyond!). It is a tribute to Ms. Forrest's writing ability that I can sometimes "hate" and character (his actions) and then turn around and feel great sympathy and pity for the same character 10 pages later.

I believe my only "problem" with this and a
Shawn Pinzon
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bellandi Crime Syndicate series / Grieved Loss I definitely recommend reading this book/ series. I really thought their was no hope for Ryker because he was stone cold crazy. This was entertaining, well written and a page turner. I love Calla and Ryker characters and this book. I would give this book more then 5 stars.I received an ARC for my honest opinion.
SansaReads
Jul 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
First ever read by this author and I’m definitely impressed. It would have been a five star but the heroine annoyed me a bit, the H is basically perfect in every single way you could want. He’s ruthless, he’s demanding and takes without an ounce of remorse or compromise. He’s perfect with the heroines kids and I loved his interactions. He’s a stalkerfic delight!
Ashley Perenchio
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stunning!! Just an incredible experience from start to finish! Ryker and Callas story just grabs you and holds on the whole way! This series just gets better and better with every book, I'm addicted to the Bellandis!!
Mary Nikolettou
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
DNF I had too many issues with the storyline. It was too slow that it literally got so boring. I read up to ch 38 and sadly nothing significant happened. I just felt that it dragged on and on. There was a lot of back and forth and the two main characters annoyed me to no end. He forced her and her kids to move into his home like in the first five minutes of meeting eachother and told her she had no say in the matter. Really? All she did was whine and complain about her situation. It was always o ...more
Gal reads books
Shelves: re_read, safe-for-me
Absolutely one of the best books of the year for me!! 5 stars for Ms Forrest!

I love me a hero who is ALL about his woman and Ryker was just that man. He knew he wanted Calla for a long time and waited patiently (well not so patiently) for her until a year after her husband’s death before he claimed her. And the love and care he showed her kids was just amazing. And I loved Calla - she was a strong heroine who grew to love him and their journey to happiness was beautiful.

This book was safe for
Crystal Smith
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing. It’s hard for me to explain everything I love about this book without giving away spoilers! I love Ryker’s unapologetic ruthless streak, and I love how Calla is just not afraid to stand up to him. Calla is no wallflower and fights for the things that she wants and needs in her life. The chemistry between the two characters is just off the charts hot!
Kelly Galvan
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was fabulous. It was well written and kept my attention from page 1. I fell in love with the characters and the story line. Can’t wait for the next one! Becoming one of my favorite authors.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Sweet Cruelty
  • Machiavellian (Gangsters of New York, #1)
  • Little Dove
  • The Italian Marriage
  • Black Skies Riviera
  • Filthy Dark (Five Points' Mob Collection #3)
  • Cruel Temptation (Underground Kings #1)
  • Aftereffect (The Order of Ravens and Wolves Book 1)
  • Wild (Savage Alpha Shifters, #1)
  • Shadow Man (Grayson Duet #1)
  • Devils & Dust
  • Marauder (Gangsters of New York, Book #2)
  • The Sins of Saint: A Dark Romance Novel
  • The God (Bratva Blood, #3)
  • A Lesson in Blackmail (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Ruthless Prince (Dark Syndicate, #1)
  • Dark Captor (Dark Syndicate, #2)
Adelaide fell in love with books at a young age and quickly discovered her love for writing soon after. Since then, she’s become a self-professed plot hoarder of over 300 book concepts.
After receiving her degree in Psychology, Adelaide went on to work in a therapeutic riding facility. When her daughter was born, Adelaide traded out her boots to be a stay-at-home mom. In 2019, she added author to t

Bellandi Crime Syndicate (5 books)
  • Bloodied Hands (Bellandi Crime Syndicate, #1)
  • Forgivable Sins (Bellandi Crime Syndicate, #2)
  • Shielded Wrongs (Bellandi Crime Syndicate, #4)
  • Scarred Regrets (Bellandi Crime Syndicate, #5)

News & Interviews