Start by marking “Zon” as Want to Read:
Zon

Zon

(Beyond #5)

From USA TODAY bestselling author, Maureen A. Miller, comes this young adult cosmic adventure.

With a father from the planet, Ziratak, and a mother from Earth, Zon's challenges are galactic. Zon doesn't possess superpowers, though. If anything, he's a bit of a klutz.

In Ziratakian folklore, the tale of the Temple of the Monarch has been passed down for generations. As
Published June 22nd 2020

To ask other readers questions about Zon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zon

Start your review of Zon
Sharon
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Maureen A. Miller is a new author for me and even though this is book 5 in the series, it can easily be read as a standalone.

Zon is an anomaly on his planet Ziratak. An outcast because his mother is from Earth and his father is a Ziratkian. Zon is eighteen in Earth years and is ready to travel and explore. So when he and his trusty sidekick, JOH, the quirky and hilarious android, end up secretly exploring a wormhole, their lives change forever.

Zon and JOH’s camaraderie is a big plus in this book
Donna Lynch-Hicks
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Zon is a stand alone book if you want it to be. However, if you like it you should definitely read the original Beyond series books 1-4. Zon is 17 years after the Beyond series, a story of a young man not quite finding his place to fit in and an alien on his own planet, the product of an Earthling and a Ziratakian. I cant wait to have Ms. Miller continue this series to see where the intergallactic travels take Zon. While this is a young adult series, I absolutely love the imagination in the book ...more
Lelia Taylor
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: full-reviews

Zon is not your usual teenager having an identity crisis—his crisis comes about because he’s what we used to call, very crudely and meanly, a half-breed and that’s how most people see him. What makes him truly different from the kids we see around us is that it is his Earthling side that’s foreign. Zon is the son of an Earth-born human and a native of the planet Ziratak. Zak and Aimee are handsome people and well-respected but Zon, unfortunately, is not seen in quite as generous a light.

Zon does
R.K. Emery
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ZON is a riveting, fast-paced book which incorporates Fantasy and Sci-Fi aspects into a wonderfully created young adult world.

This can be read as a standalone, but you will be wanting more from Maureen A. Miller and there are several other books in the series to satisfy your Sci-Fi needs.

Be prepared for an involved ride of a read, you will love these characters and this world.
Dani
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
*I received a copy from YA Bound Book Tours for my honest opinion*

This was a nice lighthearted YA Sci-Fi novel that is quick to read. I read it all in one sitting and found it to be delightful. It follows Zon as he is transported to Earth and becomes friends with a human girl who he later must save. At the same time, he is supposed to be practicing and getting ready for a big test that is coming up. Will Zon pass this test or will he sacrifice it to help his new friend?

I haven’t read the rest of
Samantha Turley
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
After reading, I am seriously mad at myself for not having found this series earlier. I definitely need to go back and read more. I loved this world that Marueen A. Miller created for us. It’s magical and full of life. The characters are so fun to read about. I loved them and their flaws and the journey they had.
The writing is straight to the point. It’s descriptive, but not so much that it seems like fluff.
I can’t wait to read more.
C. Gonzales
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
A great story, well written and with an "epic" feel about it. The characters are well described and thoroughly believable. Terrific plot line and gripping sub-plots.

If you enjoy engaging writing, characters that breathe from within the pages, and a story that will keep you guessing, then do yourself a favor and dive into this book. You'll be glad you did!

I was engrossed from start to finish. Highly recommended.
Donna Moffett
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Charming space travel adventure!

Zon is a halfling, half human and half alien. He finds a tunnel that takes him to Earth where he interacts with an ailing human girl. This is a sweet and sensitive story that most YA readers will thoroughly enjoy!

😀
Ellie W
Jeanna Massman
Renata
Jun 22, 2020

• In My Attic (A Magical Misfits Mystery, #1)
  • Nightmasters (Doubles Talk, #1)
  • Undercover Goddess (No Boundaries, #1)
  • The Christian Christmas Condition: How Does Our Lord Feel About Christmas Today?
  • The Fall of Polite
  • I'm Resilient
  • Diary of Steve the Noob: A New World (An Unofficial Minecraft Book) (Book 1) (Diary of Steve the Noob: A New World (Saga 2))
  • Dear Lyme Disease
  • A Real Cowboy Always Trusts His Heart (Wyoming Rebels #7)
  • Souls: A Short Story Collection
  • Heart Sister
  • The Match Disaster
  • Inferno of Silence
  • Power of One: What Ignites Your Inner Fire!
  • Best Case Scenario (Nyra’s Journey, Act 1)
  • Realms of Edenocht: The War Wizard (Teorran Belt Series Book 1)
  • Chasing Wild Horses
  • Birthspell (Lebrus Stone, #1)
USA TODAY bestselling author, Maureen A. Miller's first novel, WIDOW'S TALE earned her a Golden Heart nomination in Romantic Suspense. Working in the software industry for fifteen years in a job that required extensive travel, Maureen chose to write during those lengthy airport layovers. Escapism at its best. Five novels were produced in those years of travel.

Recently, Maureen branched out into t

Beyond (5 books)
  • Beyond (Beyond #1)
  • Two Suns (Beyond #2)
  • Three Paths (Beyond #3)
  • Four Worlds (Beyond, #4)