Start by marking “Sicarii Part 1” as Want to Read:
Sicarii Part 1

Sicarii Part 1

(House of Sicarii #1)

Ben Corbin lost his parents then his uncle and clues to the man responsible take him to the small town of Spencer. While Ben is determined to get justice for the murder of his family, he finds himself drawn to Jacob Moser, an ex-prostitute with ties to the killer.

Published April 28th 2020 by self

To ask other readers questions about Sicarii Part 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sicarii Part 1

Start your review of Sicarii Part 1
Gerbera_Reads
Despite the ambiguous blurb, I knew this would be epic. Adrienne Wilder writes intense plot driven stories with complicated characters worthy of love and redemption. This time was no different. It's unclear at first who all the MCs are, but what is evident is that Marcel is at the heart of the matter and the characters circling around him showcase his character at different angles - savior, protector, killer and lover. Each of them - Jacob, Ben, Sam and Yvette by their words and actions show his ...more
Chris
4.5 stars for the beginning of this compelling series !
Took me a bit to understand what was going on as the pieces on the board began to appear... once it settled, I was hooked ! Houses & feuds from old world mafia that is beginning-to unravel
M.I.A
May 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm not quite certain about my feelings towards Sicarii

I waited to finish all three novellas before reviewing, it felt too incomplete to have an opinion after each part.

Though it's categorized under MM romantic suspense genre, this is by no means a traditional romance story. It felt more like a psychological-triller with romantic elements.

I won't attempt to decipher this story... because I can't, it's a mind fuck. When I finished, I just sort of stared at my kindle... Like.. what is this?

Imp
~nikki the recovering book addict
Wow... high stakes indeed. And Adrienne Wilder, the ever masterful storyteller. She gave enough story to keep you hooked without truly revealing everything. It’s intriguing as hell is what it is currently. Let’s hope the unravelling of it all pays off.

Off to the next book of this series! 🏃🏻‍♀️
Karen Edwards
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy sh*t! And I mean that in a good way. With that being said, you will want to have all three parts of this story on your Kindle before you dive in. Then, I need to tell you that there are five characters at play here in this story. Marcel, Jacob, Ben, Sam, and Yvette. Don’t worry though, it’s not hard keeping track of each of them and they are vital to this storyline, which is fricking amazing by the way. Adrienne Wilder knows how to tell a story. You get murder, intrigue, mystery, and decept ...more
Kazza
It's been a while between books of Adrienne Wilder for me. Not because they aren't a good writer, they are. Sicarii Part 1 rams that point home well and truly. These characters, the development of their lives - the intersection of their pasts, their futures - is potent, visceral, addictive.

description

(view spoiler)
Coco.V
Sep 06, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (9/6/2020)! 🎁
Anabela.M.
This review is for all three Sicarii books, as they form a complete standalone story.

There are five main characters in Sicarii: Marcel, Ben, Jacob, young Sam and the villain, Yvette. What I really appreciated was that the author offered all of theirs points of view, with great insight into their feelings and motivation.

Well, having Marcel's point of view didn't really help understand him better, but I was no less completely fascinated with him. Cold, almost inhumanely unfeeling and manipulativ
Barbara Cerda

male/male
dark

→ Submit or subscribe to The DARK Newsletter! ←

Blurb:

Jacob Moser owes his life to Marcel Serghi. A man forged into a killer under the most brutal conditions. A man who saved him whe
Joyfully Jay
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

If you are looking for a fresh story that is full of intensity and eroticism and violence, with one lead character that is overwhelmingly intriguing, but conditioned to have a moral compass far from center with no regrets, and a book where the story builds as pieces are uncovered at the perfect pace, Sicarii is what you want to be reading.

Sicarii is one long book split into three parts and all the installments are currently available. Each part is around 200 page
Shan( Shans_Shelves) 💜
R
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Marcel is a very deceptive old man, old in looks but moves like someone much younger. An assassin, protected by the Sicarri. Jacob is a young man, old in experience. Protected by Marcel, in love with him. Ben is also young, seeking vengeance for his family. Not realizing that his path isn’t nearly as sure as he thought it was.

Marcel is definitely not what he seems. Is he evil incarnate or just a good guy who kills people to keep a sort of balance? Ben and Jacob should be out partying, having fun
Lisa
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Terrifying, hot, hang on for dear life thrilling...This was just amazing. I don't even want to stop and write a review. I just want to open Part 2 and carry on reading. However, here's a little hint of what to expect:

Marcel, Jacob, Ben and Sam. An old man who is so complex, so dark, yet so pure somehow; a prostitute in love with his only client; a university student who is totally unaware as to who he really is; and an adolescent on the brink of first love.

Adrienne Wilder, ever the master story
Janet Hunt
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ok so this is a super angsty, suspenseful story, epically woven with danger. Going into it I knew there would be more stories. There are 3 main characters Ben, Jacob, and Marcel. Each path or choice leads into another path/choice. So many twists and turns. Definitely recommend reading all in order to get the full effect of the storyline. This wasn’t meant to be a standalone, can’t wait to read what’s next.
I am voluntarily leaving a review form an ARC that I received. My reviews are solely based
PaperMoon
Jan 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
This author delivers yet another gritty urban series with complex, conflicted MCs who cannot be easily labelled 'good' or 'bad' - who draw from dark criminal pasts but capable of both altruistic and destructive deeds. I look forward to the next book with bated breath ... an enjoyable, riveting 4 star read so far. ...more
Terri Jones
May 04, 2020 rated it liked it
CW: violence

So... I finished reading this, although I did skim the last chapter. I can't say I liked it. It's well written, and Marcel is waaay more than he appears, but I can't deal with the bad any more than I already have, so I'm done.
Walford
Jun 21, 2020 rated it did not like it
Did not work for me At All. Granted, what I just slogged through, skipping liberally, is just the first third of a novel, basically the set-up. What happens is harsh and nasty (and Complicated!) and I didn't know who anyone was, so I didn't care. I am here to say that you may not like this either, even if you love Adrienne's Dragons in Atlanta books, as I do. ...more
Sandy S
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars-- SICARII part 1 by Adrienne Wilder is a contemporary, adult, dark, erotic psychological thriller focusing on Ben Corbin, Jacob Moser and Marcel Serghi.

DEFINITION: In ancient times, in Judaism, the Sicarii were assassins and murderers who carried a dagger known as the sica.

WARNING: SICARII part 1 contains graphic scenes of M/M sexual situations that may not be suitable for all readers.

Told from three third person perspectives (Ben, Jacob and Marcel) SICARII part one introduces the pl
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)

→ Submit or subscribe to The DARK Newsletter! ←

Blurb:

Meg
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Part I of Sacarii is a type of introduction to this suspenseful, and somewhat, other, storyline. The Sacarii seem to be one in a number of alluded to secret societies that keep the world in check.

There is a weaving of seemingly separate lives being drawn together toward one Sacarii, Marcel. People in his personal orbit seem to be drawn to him, even knowing what he is and what he has done. Some fear him, some are angry, while one young innocent doesn't seem to be quite caught up in Marcel's world
Layla
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
For the fans of Adrienne Wilder, of dark reads and a twist on romance, this book is for you.

This book is what Adrienne is all about. You know when you pick up a book of theirs that your heart will be put through the ringer, as will you head. This story is weaved so meticulously, so beautifully, that I found it really hard to put it down. I finished Volume 1 right this second, and I am diving into volume 2 as soon as I finish this post. This is the story of five people. Don't worry though, you w
Elin
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Did I love this book? Yes I bloody well did.

The whole magical touch that Marcel have, how he so easily slips in to people's lives and sets things in motion. It gave me vibes of the movie Lèon, killer with compassion rather than heart.
I found the beginning somewhat confusing, several people's viewpoints to keep track of, but as their lives start to mingle I like the different take on it.

This book only gives the beginning, the build up for what's to come, but it's so good for a start, and right no
ReadingAllNite
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku-borrow, m-m
Intriguing for sure. Does not really feel entirely contemporary with the mysterious Houses and Marcel written as having almost preternatural physical and mental skills. Had a hard time getting into it at first. It was confusing to me, trying to put together pieces of information from each character. Very happy it’s in KU, since it’s broken into 3 separate novellas.
Kaila
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
holy wow.. this was an amazing start to this series.. it was hott and sexy.. it was fast paced and interesting.. and these characters are raw.. it was super suspenseful and sets up this series amazing.. i found i needed to pay attention to see who is who and what is what.. it is all being set up in this one to see how the next goes. loved it.
Jen
The categories I threw this book into probably don’t make sense at first glance, but this is a story that follows multiple characters. So, I added categories for each of them.

This was a really good story. Creative, different. Some editing snafus, but nothing you can’t ignore. This is a “to be continued in the next book” kind of book. Off to read the next one.
Rynn Yumako
May 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, contemporary
Well, this one was fucked right up.

I think I'm going to leave a normal review after I finished all the parts. I don't get why they had to be separated into three books, but whatever. This one got me hooked from the get-go.
Parody
May 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Not really sure how to rate this right now. There is so much world and character building going on that I think I need to wait until I have read all three to make up my mind. So far I like it, so I am starting out with 3 stars and will see where the rest of the books take it.
Birdy
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's filled with editing errors.

However, it's amazing and I wish I could say more right now. Hope I can remember to come back later.
Shelley

• Unnatural (The Wrong Alpha, #1)
  • King of the Dark (The Prince's Assassin #1)
  • Sacrifice (Fire & Brimstone Scroll #2)
  • Broken Warrior (The Weavers Circle, #1)
  • Where the Devil Says Goodnight (Folk Lore, #1)
  • The Murder Between Us
  • The Making of Jonty Bloom (Unfinished Business, #1)
  • Revelations (Fire & Brimstone Scroll #1)
  • Pieces of You (Missing Pieces, #1)
  • His Prince (House of Maedoc, #2)
  • Illusion (Fire & Brimstone Scroll #3)
  • Spooky Business (The Spectral Files, #3)
  • Betrayal (Fire & Brimstone Scroll #4)
  • In a Fix (Torus Intercession #2)
  • Surviving the Merge (Chadwick #1)
  • Watch Me
  • Captive Mate (Mismatched Mates #2)
  • Lacuna
Georgia born and bred, I am an artist, a writer, and a general pain in the ass.
I spend most of my days working on my next book or designing cover art for other writers. For stress relief I do olympic lifting and occasionally run (but hate it). I have been in love with writing since I was very young but it wasn't until recently that I decided to pursue it as a profession.

I have experimented in se

House of Sicarii (3 books)
  • Revenge Tactics (House of SICARII, #2)
  • End Game (House of SICARII, #3)

News & Interviews