Start by marking “Widowish: A Memoir” as Want to Read:
Widowish: A Memoir

Widowish: A Memoir

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  6 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Melissa Gould’s uplifting and deeply moving memoir of grieving outside the box and the surprising nature of love.

When Melissa Gould's husband, Joel, was unexpectedly hospitalized, she could not imagine how her life was about to change. Overwhelmed as his condition tragically worsened, she had to believe that while Joel’s loss was permanent, so was their love.

Left to raise
Hardcover
Expected publication: February 2nd 2021 by Little A

To ask other readers questions about Widowish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Widowish

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Widowish: A Memoir
Michellene DeBonis
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As the title implies, this memoir offers a first person account of what it's like to suddenly lose a spouse and have your world upended — but it's SO MUCH more than that! The author takes us on a moving journey that begins over 20 years ago when she first meets her late husband, through the gut wrenching experience of becoming widowed and its aftermath, and finally, her personal journey to find acceptance, love and happiness. The emotional devastation felt by the author is palpable throughout th ...more
Jenny Lisk
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was honored to read an Advance Reader Copy of Melissa Gould’s new memoir, Widowish. Melissa generously shares her journey with us, and shares her perspective and reflections on being both a younger-than-usual widowed person, and a widowed parent of a teenager. People wanting to better understand grief and loss, and the widow experience, will learn a lot from this book. People who are widowed themselves will feel less alone after reading it.
Susan Berin
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this book and believe it will resonate with anyone who has faced challenges in their personal life. It ends on a hopeful note and shows us that we all have the ability to triumph over tragedy.
Melissa Mcalevey
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing, I couldn’t put it down. It made me laugh, cry and everything in between. I loved having a front row seat for this love story!
Kristin Lunghamer
Aug 03, 2020
Abra
Oct 10, 2020
Dave
Jen
Karen Gold
Melissa Gould
Oct 01, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Diane
Hilton Freund
Ronnee
Paul Villadolid
Naxk X
Oct 05, 2020

• The Aftergrief: Finding Your Way Along the Long Arc of Loss
  • A Beginner's Guide to the End: Practical Advice for Living Life and Facing Death
  • The Poet (Jack McEvoy, #1; Harry Bosch Universe, #5)
  • Tomboyland: Essays
  • Their Eyes Were Watching God
  • Troubled: The Failed Promise of America’s Behavioral Treatment Programs
  • Luster
  • The Yellow House
  • The Death of Vivek Oji
  • Homeland Elegies
  • Never Let Me Go
  • Moloka'i (Moloka'i, #1)
  • The Coaching Habit: Say Less, Ask More & Change the Way You Lead Forever
  • Option B: Facing Adversity, Building Resilience, and Finding Joy
  • Anxiety: The Missing Stage of Grief: A Revolutionary Approach to Understanding and Healing the Impact of Loss
  • You Can't Do It Alone: A Widow's Journey Through Loss, Grief and Life After
  • Black Widow: A Sad-Funny Journey Through Grief for People Who Normally Avoid Books with Words Like "Journey" in the Title
  • From Scratch: A Memoir of Love, Sicily, and Finding Home
Melissa Gould's essays have appeared in the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, the Washington Post, Huffington Post, Buzzfeed, and more. She's an award-winning screenwriter whose credits include Bill Nye, the Science Guy; Party of Five; Beverly Hills, 90210; and Lizzie McGuire. As a "mompreneur" she appeared on the Rachael Ray Show, Access Hollywood and other "info-tainment" programs. Her book ...more

News & Interviews

“I felt like I was failing at widowhood. I missed my husband, but no one knew that when they looked at me. They just saw a mom with blonde highlights going to yoga, picking up her daughter from school, buying groceries at Trader Joe’s. And now I was at a party with a date when I should have been home, grieving, all alone.
I didn’t look like a widow. I wasn’t acting like a widow. But I felt like a widow.
I guess I was just widowish.”
0 likes