Start by marking “Wrong Text, Right Love (Against All Odds, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wrong Text, Right Love (Against All Odds, #1)

Wrong Text, Right Love

(Against All Odds #1)

USA TODAY Bestselling Author Claudia Burgoa presents an engaging love story full of mistaken identity, drunk texts, and hysterical mishaps.

Sex talk is my job. I’m an influencer. I run a popular blog where I give all kinds of dating tips, and girls all over the world thank me for helping them with their love lives.

I wish I could follow my own advice because my love life is
Published June 11th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Wrong Text, Right Love, please sign up.
Poppy*Reads*Romance They are identical, but Nate is an inch taller and his skin is darker than Ford's. It's mentioned in book 2.…moreThey are identical, but Nate is an inch taller and his skin is darker than Ford's. It's mentioned in book 2.(less)

Start your review of Wrong Text, Right Love (Against All Odds, #1)
Nadine Bookaholic
If you enjoyed "You've Got Mail" you're going to Love this book! Claudia Burgoa gives us something perfect to add some lightness to our days while we are "Sheltered in Place" and I for one LOVED IT!

I have always enjoyed Claudia's Rom-Com's but this has to be the best one that she has written to date. I think this was going to be a standalone originally but I am THRILLED to see that we will be getting more, up next is Ford's twin brother Nate and I'm not telling you who the lucky girl is you'll h
Jo Reads Romance
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Such an enjoyable book - loved it!
5 stars

Good God - this book slayed me. I feel like I might have had some sort of profound epiphany from reading this book. Obviously, I’m a romantic and believe in love - but this book just made me confident in the fact that there’s a lid for every pot, and that you can find your perfect guy if you just be yourself. 🥰

This is the first book I’ve read by Claudia Burgoa and yet somehow she managed to get into my head and write a love story about two perfectly i
Wendy'sThoughts
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Claudia Y. Burgoa Fans, Romance
5 That Was The Best Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free
If you are looking for something to lift your spirits, to take you out of yourself right now, THIS IS THE BOOK. I loved the blurb and idea so it was a no-brainer to click and get it. It read fast because it was fun. It wasn't too out there/over-the-top hilarious, it was just right for me. There was enough for me to sit, not do what my life said needing doing and enjoy myself silly.

Now, what is important to know about this book is the problems or hic
it.sgottabethebooks
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Claudia Burgoa has delivered another amazing book with Wrong Text, Right Love. It had me laughing out loud and loving all the characters. This quick read had me in a perma-smile and left me feeling the hashtag #happyisu. Wrong Text, Right Love has very little angst which made it such a refreshing, light, feel good read that I could not put down. I recommend this rom-com to all that is looking to be captivated by humour, banter and fun characters.
Cami P.
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I keep falling in love with Claudia’s stories over and over again!
Not only is she a great writer, but she also creates beautiful characters that remain in your heart even long after you finish reading.
Persy and Ford are perfect! They are a unique combination. They made me laugh and smile a lot. And the secondary characters are amazing too! I wouldn’t mind getting to know them better.
Which is great because I started reading this book thinking it was a standalone. But I am thrilled to learn that w
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
RATING 4.5 STARS

Wrong Text, Right Love is book one in the Against All Odds series by Claudia Burgoa. I’ve been wanting to start this series for so long and I’m glad I finally found the time because I enjoyed it so much. These two were complete opposites, or so they thought. This was a fun, sweet book that I can’t wait to tell you about!

Persephone (Persy) Brassard is twenty eight years old and is a very successful influencer. She has a degree in psychology and runs a blog where she gives advice t
Apoorva
I liked it, but not as much as I:

1. Expected to like it.
2. Wanted to like it.

This started off nice and I mean it was a little quirky too, but somewhere it just lost its charm for me and I couldn't feel the characters anymore, I started skimming and yes.....it just couldn't pull me in as much as I thought it would.

When I started reading the book, I was enjoying it and the light-hearted feel of the book was a good break from the other book I'm currently reading (that one isn't dark but it is emot
Melissasfandomworld
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a deliciously fun read this was!! I devoured it in just a couple of sittings (If I had the opportunity, I’d done it in 1) and couldn’t get enough of it. It was well past my bedtime last night (1AM) when I finished the book. The day after; I’m EXHAUSTED now, lol. But.I.just.couldn’t.stop.reading and this book was well worth staying up for! If I was able to do so, I'd give it a 4,5 star rating over here on GR.

It has a fun and engaging story-line that provided me with more than enough LOL mome
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Wrong Text, Right Love is the summer feel good RomCom we have waited for and NEED!

Burgoa pens us a novel that takes a deep look into what love is!? Not just love in the romantic sense but love within families, friendships and most importantly the way we need to love ourselves!

Our sassy heroine is woman who is not only trying to figure all this out herself but she helps others a long the way! As she embarks on a new adventure in life she meets our sexy broody hero who isn’t trying to save anyon
Athena D.
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 STARS

I devoured this book in one sitting. It was a slow burn, but the ride was everything! I loved all the colourful characters that the author created. Loved this from the book... #happyisU ...great words to live by! Wrong Text, Right Love is an EPIC read that will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ARISTOCRACY!!!
Jasmine
Oh well, I think the bookish God has been playing tricks on me lately; my recent reads either turned out to be a huge disappointment or started promisingly but ended terribly. Wrong Text, Right Love, unfortunately, fell into the exact same category of my bookish travesty. The main reason I gravitated towards this book was because of the super intriguing synopsis, I mean, who doesn't want to meet someone who sounds handsome and funny in the texts? Besides, I've heard lots of great things about th ...more
Mefab✨
Jun 16, 2020 rated it liked it
“I thought you were like the Beast, but you’re Peter Pan without the green leggings,”

This quote actually explains my experience with this book BUT I don't really mind peter pan without green leggings...unless he is wearing something else in it's place... keeping it PG.

The first thing that I would like to say is totally to myself,
READ THE FREAKING DESCRIPTION!
(continue)

This book was not what I thought, not that I had time to think. I recently finished reading 'Chain of gold' and after that I have
Anna Reads Here
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, 20-may
“Wrong Text, Right Love” tells the story of a social media influencer who is trying to write her next big book and has been given an ultimatum by her publisher, so she moves into this fancy penthouse apartment and happens to be neighbours with a hottie from hell. This book is filled with witty banter, two sassy and intriguing characters and a story that is different from what you expect going in.

Persy “Persephone” Brassard has many job titles and all of them are important. She brings joy to peop
Becky Burrier
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was one of the better fun flirty rom-coms I have read in a while. I have only read a few of Claudia Burgoa’s books but I am slowly becoming a big fan. Her way of telling a story and creating unique characters is captivating. I don’t think the blurb does this story justice. It is more than flirty random text that connect these two.

Persephone Brassard (Persey)- Sex therapist, self help author, social media personality, podcaster. Persey, lives her life in the public eye. It has created a
Erin Lewis
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review of Wrong Text, Right Love by Claudia Y Burgoa

This is one of my favourite books from Claudia Burgoa, it ticked all the boxes for me with characters who you cannot help but fall for and I was totally invested from the first to the last page in Percy and Chad’s story.

This is a feel good story that had me smiling and laughing throughout and I was sad when it ended. Not only did I fall for Percy and Chad but the secondary characters were highly entertaining and brought an additional la
Reading with 2 book lovers
May 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Omg I devoured this book, this is a great story
B. C. Booklover
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wrong text, Right Love is Claudia Burgoa's latest fun and flirty romance that is alittle bit romcom and a lot of steamy tension that burns slowly for new neighbors- laid back Persy and the reclusive Chad, Ford or whatever he is calling himself at the moment. Let's call him mystery man..also Mr. Hot, Grumpy and Annoying!

The anticipation was killing me, watching the fuse slowing burning between them and waiting, oh so patiently for the fireworks to finally ignite..boy did they ever! The way the st
Jody
When I first started this book I was immediately caught up in the fun and flirty connection between two people full of doubts when it comes to love and commitment. I was immediately caught up in their witty banter, their unforgettable early exchanges, and their slow burn in discovering where true love lies. Not only is romantic love dealt with but so too is that of family and in the talented hands of Ms. Burgos it's a delightful tale. From the first page to the last this story put a smile on my ...more
Dora Harvey
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I loved this rom-com book—this is a MUST READ! This is an unputdownable, fun, flirty, and delightful slow-burn story that summed up so succinctly the very essence of romance. It was such a great read. I laughed out loud more times than I could count, but also swooning over the handsome, tall, brooding, rich, arrogant, and charming as hell Langford (Ford) Chadwick. This book had so many fantastic lines, witty banter, and inner dialogue—this was definitely a breath of fresh air. This page-tur ...more
Yolanda McGee~Veronica's Reading Vault
Wrong Text Right Love is exactly why Claudia Burgoa is my go to author for romantic comedies. And what a sweet read it is with such a fun and engaging storyline. This book brightened my day and made me feel so giddy inside. Although Ford and Persephone (aka Persy) start out as neighbors from hell, they have opposite personalities and I could definitely sense the strong connection between them. And their flirty and clever banter is very amusing. I love the push and pull aspect of their relationsh ...more
Alla
I just didn´t get this book...sorry :(
I could in no way connect with the characters and they and the story just confused me at times.
This book was ok, but nothing more than that.
Sara Oxton
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wrong Text, Right Love by Claudia Burgoa an entertaining five-star read that you will fall in love with. This was just what I needed, something sweet, entertaining and perfect for the moment. Persy was so entertaining, she really won me round, she is so much like her names sake that you need to dig deeper and get to the real her before you find what makes her tick, and what a tick she has. Throw in some drama and a grumpy neighbour who becomes so much more than the grump next door and you have a ...more
Kaitie
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a fun and just hilarious and great read!! I could not put this book down as I was reading. I found myself laughing out loud but also really getting hit in the feels. For all the characters. Laughing at family and the heroine and hero but also crying with them. I needed a book like this in the middle of the Jumanji game we can’t seem to get out of. Thank you Ms. Burgoa for all the laughs and a truly feel good story!
BookAddict
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is another fantastic read from a gifted and talented lady! It's cute, clever and charming, with all the sentiment and emotion we love to find in our romances.

Persy Brassard isn’t your average social media influencer. She's a professional psychologist with accidental viral success when her sister recorded a video of Persy reenacting Meg Ryan's famous scene from the classic romantic comedy film. Now her millions of followers turn to her for advice on all things dating and romance.

Ford Chadwic
Isha Coleman
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Wrong Text, Right Love by: Claudia Y. Burgoa

Wrong Text, Right Love by Claudia Y. BurgoaMy rating: 5 of 5 starsAfter seeing how deep her stories can get, it's nice to see the lighter side of Claudia Burgoa. Wrong Text, Right Love puts humor on full display while never losing the heart that Burgoa is known for. I needed a good laugh and Percy and Chad delivered that and so much more.
PP's Bookshelf
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Claudia Burgoa made me fall in love with the process of falling in love in Wrong Text, Right Love. It had some unique and fascinating storytelling that I have never ever read in romance. And I doubt I will read anytime soon. Powerful emotions, intriguing characters and mindblowing writing made Wrong Text, Right Love one of my top 2020 read.

Ford is a very private person who is not into people. He is a programming genius and co owner of a very successful company but he is kind of a recluse who doe
Jeeves Reads Romance
This is one of those books where I went into it thinking it was going to be one kind of story and it ended up being another. It's not bad, but it's also not what I was hoping it would be, so there was a level of disappointment that lingered throughout. While the cover and blurb making this seem like a light and sexy rom com with some texting banter, that's not really what this is about. The texting does happen eventually, but by the time it showed up, our couple's relationship is already establi ...more
Anna
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Slow burn with lots of humor & heart!

I've been trying to get back to this read since I started it last week because I was enjoying it so much.

Just the right amount of feels and fun for me in this one. Both our hero and our heroine have similar trust issues, but one has become the reclusive grump and the other keeps trying to open herself up despite the risks.

I so relate to our heroine, Persy. Her dating perils are at once sad and hilarious. On one hand, she is open. Honest. Communicates. Adventu
April Symes
Wrong Text, Right Love by Claudia Burgoa is a fabulous , beautiful slowburn romance between neighbors. Persephone( Persey) Brassard  is this sassy social media influencer, sex therapist , podcaster and author- she's a go-getter.
She lives in the public eye which makes having a life hard a nd having a relationship(s) even harder. Persey just wants friends to be around her because of her personality, not because of her social media presence. Same goes for what she's looking for in a boyfriend.
Lan
Becky Rendon
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 swoony, grump stars

To say that our jaded grump is swoon worthy is no understatement.  I know, I know. You doubt me. I may be biased. (I did fall in love with him after all.) But let me just say, he is everything she needs and more. Our wrongfully texted hermit is just the guy for this over the top, colorful, and vivacious woman- just don't tell them that.

In this therapy session, I mean book, our leads need to face their lives with more introspection so that they can find their true #happyisU
Romance Retreat: FREE BOOK! 3 49 Feb 24, 2021 02:00PM

• Bookish Princess (Modern Princess Collection, #5)
  • Mackenzie (Heritage Bay, #2)
  • Repercussions
  • Leather and Lace (Lonesome Point, Texas, #1)
  • When Shadows Follow (Cherry Creek, #1)
  • Variant Lost (The Evelyn Maynard Trilogy, #1)
  • Não Inclui Manual de Instruções
  • Abducted (Vakarran Captives, #3; Celestial Mates)
  • Taking His Shot (Hot Jocks, #7)
  • Sex Says
  • Guardian (Guardian, #1)
  • Falling for Dr. Knight (Falling)
  • Power Games (Power Play, #1)
  • Whispered Desires (Love in Sienna, #4)
  • Trying to Score (Hot Jocks, #3)
  • Fix (Brewed #1)
  • Wrecked With You (Stark Security, #4)
  • Edge of Forever (On the Edge Duet, #2)
Claudia is an award-winning, USA Today bestselling author.
She writes alluring, thrilling stories about complicated women and the men who take their breath away.
She lives in Denver, Colorado with her husband and her youngest two children. She has a sweet Bichon, Macey, who thinks she's the ruler of the house. She's only partially right.
When Claudia is not writing, you can find her reading, knitti

Against All Odds (4 books)
  • Didn't Expect You (Against All Odds, #2)
  • Love Like Her (Against All Odds, #3)
  • Until Next Time (Against All Odds, #4)

News & Interviews

“First rule about choosing a partner, don’t expect people to change for you.” 1 likes
“If you are in love, you want to stick around the other person, even when you don’t like them at times.” 1 likes