Start by marking “Power Games (Power Play, #1)” as Want to Read:
Power Games (Power Play, #1)

Power Games

(Power Play #1)

From Kennedy L. Mitchell comes a sexy, romantic drama about an unruly, headstrong agent and the witty, stubborn woman he's assigned to protect. Can these two set aside their hate for the other and work together to win it all?

I'm in over my head, failing in their power games I don't understand.
One day I wasn't sure I could pay the water bill for my trailer; now I'm wearing
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 200 pages
Published April 14th 2020 (first published December 16th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Power Games, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Power Games

Start your review of Power Games (Power Play, #1)
PP's Bookshelf
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The suspense and tension in Power Play by Kennedy L. Mitchell was incredible. And she kept it up from the very beginning to the last. It is a very different kind of romance set in the corrupt, twisted and powerful world of politics.

Randi and Trey are both very intense characters. They go all in and are very passionate about everything. Be it their career, be it the people the love and be it the people they hate. Randi has been trying to make a name for herself and remove the label society put on
Ashley Estep The Art of Reading
Power Play is my first Kennedy Mitchell book and it certainly will not be the last. Mitchell had me hooked from the very start. I have to say I loved Trey and needed more of him from his appearance on the first page. I was hooked on Randi hit home so much that I cried. I absolutely know and understand that struggle and felt it in my soul. However, I do have to say the events that happen next are not something I'm familiar with.

I knew from the moment Randi Kyle asked her to do what he did that Tr
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
What a great book! Power Play is suspenseful, steamy, and a bit intense. My only complaint is that I wasn’t ready for the book to end! I need book two NOW!

Randi is, in a way, a damsel in distress, but she is anything but stereotypical. She smokes. She drinks. She swears. She’s the mayor of a tiny rural town. She kept me constantly amused, especially when she sniffed the wallpaper. She is hilarious!

Trey is strong, tough, and even lethal. He’s exactly what you’d expect from an alpha male. Kyle and
Shatarupa  Dhar
Synopsis:
Trey Benson is a cocky firebrand of a secret service agent who is in the alpha team securing the Vice Prez. But he gets demoted due to overstepping his boundaries, till the next election. He dearly wishes that someone would appear who would stand up to those slimy crowd of DC.

This is where Randi Sawyer comes in, a broke lawyer who lives out of a trailer with her teenage daughter Taeler and who is also the mayor of her small town. When the pedigreed corrupt next Prez hopeful offers h
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
Ahh, politics...

Power, prestige, influence. Oh and helping your fellow man if possible, of course. And don’t forget the back-stabbing, behind the scenes wheeling and dealing and true unpleasantness that can be any rise to the top. How Randi and Trey fit into this dog eat dog world was a reading treat…

I LOVED Randi’s character. She fought her whole life for respect, to be considered worthy. She worked hard and did her very best but she just couldn’t seem to catch a break. When a bad wind blew bac
Shelves: proofread
KL Mitchell is setting the scene for a steamy and suspenseful series this year! Power Play is an addictive, fast-paced, sexy and suspenseful read.

Randi Sawyer is a smart, feisty and surprising heroine pulled into the DC political scene; and Trey is the cocky, alpha, protective Secret Service agent who will have your panties melting from his opening lines. Together, these two are HOT - their chemistry is on fire, and I loved every interaction between them.

There are twists and turns, and charact
Erin Scorpio
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This series is everything. I was dreading finishing it because I knew I'd have a bad case of book hangover and I was right.

I love Randi and all her quirks. She is one of the little people who is trying to be a voice to all the other little people in this country. She wants to be the change that the DC bureaucrats won't and haven't been.

She agrees to an arrangement with a sleazy politician she had the displeasure of knowing from her days at Harvard. Through her time on the campaign trail sh
Amanda
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5⭐
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

Kennedy L Mitchell has become one of my favorite authors. She knows how to write a suspenseful story with strong female leads and swoon worthy men.

Randi Sawyer is from the lower class and while she was a single mom who hit rock bottom she crawled her way out of it by getting a great education and even becoming mayor of her small home town. Yet, she's still drowning in debt and seems unable to break from her mold when a college rival offers her

A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Randi Sawyer, a small town lawyer struggling to make ends meet, has her life flipped upside down when her arch nemesis approaches her about joining forces. Trey Benson, secret service team leader, is tired of the Washington socialites he encounters, but might get more than he bargained for with his new assignment.

I held off starting this book for as long as I possibly could waiting for part 2 to come out because I HATE a cliff hanger, and this book definitely leaves you wanting more. Hot, prote
G (heartbooked)
This is the start of something new. Something big. And something so ridiculous it’s going to drive me nuts.

But all is all, I feel like this series is going to eat my soul alive. The setting. The characters. The power plays. The chemistry. It’s going to unfold so wildly...

ADD TO TBR. This is just the beginning. It’s the intro. It’s a freaking teaser is what this is. Kennedy is playing the big cards now. Keep an eye out for this series!

#voteMessandTrouble
Athena D.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 STARS

This is my first Kennedy L. Mitchell book! I was far from disappointed, I loved every word exchanged between Trey and Randi! Their banter is so entertaining. This set a great foundation to what I can tell will be an amazing series, now I can't wait to read the rest.

Power Play by Kennedy L. Mitchell is an EPIC read and will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ARISTOCRACY!!!
Heather C
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This is my first book from Kennedy L. Mitchell and I was pleasantly surprised. Plower Play had exactly what I needed...Dirty politicians, hot secrete service, strong and witty heroine and just overall suspense. I never knew what was going to happen next so I flew through this.

"Pretty much he needs Trailer Park Barbie next to him to show the voters he isn't the aristocratic douche they assume he is at the core. Which he is, so basically I'll lie."

What I loved the most is the complex person that
Bex_Book_Revieux
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"No one. Haven't you figured that out yet?” Anger and concern strangle my chest at the sadness in her voice. “Right place, right time. Lucky. Whore. Gold digger. Fraud.” Hazel eyes stare into my own. “Right?"

A man who can't see past the shiny, glitzy face in front of him. A woman afraid that she'll only ever be trailer trash.

Kennedy Mitchell's Power Play begins, showing a beaten down woman who thinks she's never going to be seen for her true self, and a man so bored by the status quo in Washing
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
 photo 20191026_164529_zpsnyqvf1pl.jpg
This is one POWERFUL BOOK! Nothing like you'd expect & everyting MORE! Check out my FULL REVIEW, TEASERS I MAKE & MORE on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
 photo 20190911_093631_zpsyslz1m7j.png
Kennedy Mitchell
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Suspense, romance, and tension swirl together in this first book of the Power Play series. What starts out as hate at first sight turns into... well, you'll have to read to find out!
All five books follow one couple through the ups and downs of their behind the scenes love story. With both of their careers on the line, plus her safety, there is zero room for error. Each page you'll fall deeper in love with the sexy and mischievous hero, Trey Benson, and the strong, rough around the edges heroine,
it.sgottabethebooks
Kennedy Mitchell had me hooked from the very beginning. I was intrigued by Trey the moment he made his appearance in the opening pages. The chemistry between him and Randi is off the charts. The insults and banter between the two is so entertaining. I’m looking forward to their journey as Kennedy Mitchell leaves us wondering how Trey and Randi are gonna get to their HEA after the end of this book. I’m looking forward to more suspense and romance as this is a 5 book series following the couple. T ...more
Rhonda Ziglar
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 GIVE ME MORE STARS!! Give me more.....I did not want this book to end. I absolutely loved Randi and Trey....GIVE ME MORE. This book could be a movie..... I could see the scenes playing out in my head as I read this story. Kennedy Mitchell sucks you right into the story with her detailed words. I need the next book.....I am dying for more of these two.
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Gosh I loved this one.

Believable, fast paced romantic suspense that had me flipping through the pages, biting my nails, on the edge of my seat waiting for what happened next.

Randi is a total bad ass heroine - I girl crush her & Trey well he is just alpha yumminess!

Cannot wait for more of these characters!

I received an arc of this book.
Coco.V
Apr 16, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/16/2020)! 🎁
Sandy S
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

About the book: Release Date January 20, 2020

There's no turning back. I can't go home a failure--again. Everyone wants to use me, make me their pawn, but I have other plans. I will win this election or die trying.

Randi Sawyer
It started with a shady business proposal I should've turned down. Now here I am pretending to be someone I'm not, and bonus, I'm at the mercy of a man whose joy comes from my failures. The deeper I sink into DC's seedy political scene the more I realize I can't tr
Gin
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I devoured this fantastic political romance! And such an intriguing bullying sub-theme. I was enthralled right from the start with the spectacular writing and the interesting life Randi finds herself in. As small town "trailer trash" she worked to achieve her dreams but ends up right back in tiny Boone, Texas struggling with debt and family issues. I loved her from the beginning with her idiosyncrasies and humorous inside head conversations. I guess her reason for staying in Boone was for her da ...more
Priyanka  Dhingra
This is the first time I am reading and reviewing author Kennedy L. Mitchell and I am really AMAZED how amazing author she is. I am genuinely happy that I came to know such a great author. Her writing is something that you won't be able to stop yourself from reading more and more. The power play is the first book of this series and I loved it.

In this Book, Randy Sewyer is a Harvard Lawyer in the small City living for her daughter but she was not able to pay off her debt, she had no money to send
Missy Brown
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay so I freely admit I am not a big fan of Political stories. But being a fan of Kennedy's I was willing to read with an open mind. And omg!!! I think I just became a fan, well at least of Power Play.

Power Play is about the main leads Randi and Trey. Randi grew up with a drug addicted mother and poor. Wanting to escape this life, she is not your typical politician. She is so fun. I mean she drinks, cusses, and really just does not care. She is out to take care of business no matter what. Her
Tabatha Brown
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Power Play is my first book by Kennedy Mitchell and it completely blew me away! The characters, storyline and all the angst deliver one hell of a book! Randi and Trey build their relationship from assumptions to having each other’s back and their story builds through out the book.

Having grown up on the wrong side of the tracks, Randi has not had an easy life. She could be jaded but yet she’s strong, she could have let life get her down but she held her head high and gave those that doubted her
Kari Hansen
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Randi has done the best that she can to overcome her less than ideal start to life and become a force to be reckoned with. Entering the political race would be difficult enough but knowing the strings attached has only made it that much more complicated.

Trey is a Secret Service agent who dislikes the less than honest side of politics. When he is assigned to protect Randi he will do whatever is necessary to keep her safe but she is definitely not what he expected and he is drawn to her in a way t
Charli Jeffries
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Inner workings of DC with a healthy dose of suspense.

WHAT a brilliant read. This series was suggested to me by a fellow reader, she warned me that this is a series you won't put down and she was right. Kennedy seamlessly weaves a tale of dysfunction and chaos while threatening to blow apart the inner workings of Washington DC and the political arena.

Her main character Randi is a strong take no nonsense single mum looking to pull herself out of the hell and squalor she has been living in. The m
Collete
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book I have read by Kennedy and I LOVED it!!! I was drawn into the story from the first chapter and couldn't put it down, I found myself sneaking time to read more while I was at work. Trey and Randi's story is one I can't wait to watch play out over the next few books. I could relate to Randi's back story, the girl who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, however vowed to never let her past dictate her future or that of her child's. I felt Randi's emotions when she would ...more
Yoneidis
Randi Sawyer’s life has not been easy. Born into a very poor family, she becomes pregnant at 15, her mother kicks her out of the house as soon as she has the baby, te father of the baby break up with her and leave her alone, octal services take away her daughter to give her to her paternal grandparents, and she has to face every day insults and all those people ho tell her that she is a trash trailer like her junkie mother.
Being separated from her daughter and showing everyone that they are wro
Annette Brignac
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first read from this author and I am HOOKED!

I adored these two so much. The heat between the two of them was off the charts. From the moment they meet there’s a spark, and it just keeps building throughout the story...

The characters deal with real issues in today’s society, and it’s handled beautifully. Kennedy weaves the story with so much intrigue and suspense that you can‘t stop reading. You have to know what happens next.

I cannot say enough about this story, but I’m going to stop myself
Sophie Ruthven
Omg
Ladies and gentlemen you have come across my first book of 2020 that would be at least 6 stars if I could do that.
What a way to start a series. I'm so glad the author has decided to do more than 2 books as I never want to say goodbye to Randi and her secret service men.
I was laughing and crying right along side them and cannot wait for them to rule the world.
Then there is Trouble with a capital T....
This is going to be interesting to read.
ONE CLICK IMMEDIATELY!!!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Bargain Basement: KINDLE FIRE SWAG PACK 1 11 Jan 20, 2020 04:24PM

• The Starless Sea
  • All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • From the First Verse  (Life of Debauchery, #1)
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men #1)
  • Hate You (Not)
  • Cruel Intentions (Rydeville Elite #1)
  • The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1)
  • Hearts and Thorns
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Liar (Voyeur, #5)
  • Riven Knight (Tin Gypsy, #2)
  • P.S. I Miss You (P.S. #2)
  • Heartless Hero (Crowne Point #1)
  • Stealing Cinderella
  • Dirty Hookup (Slayers Hockey, #2)
  • A Lovely Obsession (Debt of Passion Duet #1)
  • Avoiding Temptation (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
Kennedy lives in Dallas, TX with her husband, 8-year-old son, and two Goldendoodles. A bookworm at heart Kennedy loves to snuggle up in bed, or by the campfire, with an​ unputdownable book. Her novels are stuffed full of humorous banter, the edge of your seat suspense, and enough steam for a great facial. If you like your heroines strong yet vulnerable and sexy, tattooed heroes who can't keep thei ...more

Power Play (5 books)
  • Power Twist (Power Play #2)
  • Power Switch (Power Play, #3)
  • Power Surge (Power Play, #4)
  • Power Term (Power Play, #5)

News & Interviews