Start by marking “Abney Kelly & the Yuletide Shenanigans (Abney Kelly #1)” as Want to Read:
Abney Kelly & the Yuletide Shenanigans (Abney Kelly #1)

Abney Kelly & the Yuletide Shenanigans (Abney Kelly #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  11 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Abney Kelly seems like your typical thirteen-year-old trying to find her place in the world. She’s shy, awkward, has no friends, and is bullied constantly. However things are not always as they appear, after being pushed into a clover patch, a creature who says he’s her assigned guardian whisks her off to a school in Tìr na nÓg, called Yule.

Turns out she’s a Changeling, a
Paperback
Published October 9th 2020 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Abney Kelly & the Yuletide Shenanigans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abney Kelly & the Yuletide Shenanigans

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Abney Kelly & the Yuletide Shenanigans (Abney Kelly #1)
Chelsea P
Super cute! I loved how all the different mythologies and folklore came together. It seemed like a lot at first but I was happy with how they all meshed. I also loved Abney and thought she was really relatable! I was definitely rooting for her and enjoyed watching her grow through the story. It was a perfect fit with all the other Christmas books I'm reading right now. Will definitely be picking up the next in the series!

I won this ARC in a Goodreads giveaway. Thank you SamiJo!
Jodie "Bookish"  Cook
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, fab
Lelia Taylor
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: full-reviews
I’m not usually in the mood for Christmasy books in October but snarky humor always floats my boat and I got that vibe from the description. Also, everything else in this world of ours is kind of topsy-turvy these days so why not read a Christmas story before we even get to Thanksgiving, right?

As it turns out, there isn’t much humor here, snarky or otherwise, but I wasn’t really too far off of “proper” timing because this has a distinct feeling of Halloween. Abney is a girl who doesn’t always ha
Josselyn Radillo
Oct 07, 2020 rated it liked it
SPANISH REVIEW: www.jossradillo.wix.com/storylinenews...

My Thoughts:
A chilling read with a mix of Alice in wonderland, peter pan, and witchcrafts.

This book isn't that long but it isn't either short so I don't really want to give too much away. It's a chilling read in my opinion. the dialogues sometimes seem from a really professional literature professor from a long time ago hehe. All of the other characters are well described. You get the chance to imagine creepy/spooky graphics that add somet
Dani
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
*I received this book from YA Bound Tours for my honest review*

This was an amazing novel! I loved how McQuiston spun together Celtic, and other regions, myths together and created a world much like Hogwarts, if not better. I found it to be refreshingly original, yet still have that feel we are used to in magical schools. I really loved her take on the Santa, or St Nicolas, myth and how it played part in this story.

Abney was a really nice character. It was great having a heroine one could relate
Jessica Belmont
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review:
Abney Kelly and the Yuletide Shenanigans by SamiJo McQuiston was such a fun read. This is a mixture of quote a few myths and cultures, creating such a unique world. I really enjoy unique takes on magical schools, and this was really well written.
Abney is a wonderful main character. Young, but smart, and I enjoyed watching her journey. I think anyone of any age could relate to her in different ways, which is always nice.
This is a great read, full of adventure and mythology. I really enjoye
Amber
Dec 25, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I received a free copy of this book via Goodreads’ First Reads program. This was a fun and fast YA read with a bit of a holiday twist. The author packed in a lot of lore- from the fae to Arthurian legend to Saint Nicholas, there are many different traditions woven together here. I’m curious how those various threads will play into the next installment in the series.
Roni Derossett
Jan 01, 2021
Melissa Cheresnick
Feb 05, 2021
SamiJo McQuiston
Aug 10, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Tracy
Connie Wilson
Melissa ahmed
Traci

• The Shadows
  • Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)
  • The Gilded Ones (The Gilded Ones, #1)
  • Fortune and Glory: Tantalizing Twenty-Seven  (Stephanie Plum, #27)
  • The Silent Wife (Will Trent, #10)
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • The Heir Affair (Royal We, #2)
  • The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
  • The Inheritance Games (The Inheritance Games, #1)
  • His & Hers
  • A Universe of Wishes: A We Need Diverse Books Anthology
  • A Deal with the Elf King (Married to Magic, #1)
  • Code Name Hélène
  • The Lost Apothecary
  • The Faithless Hawk (The Merciful Crow, #2)
  • You Have Arrived at Your Destination
  • The Innocent Girls (Detective Casey White, #2)
  • The Backyard Tales
SamiJo is a first-class shenanigator, decorated coddiwompler, narrator, and author of, The Abney Kelly series. She lives in North Dakota with her dog, two cats, and four chickens. She participates in tomfoolery frequently and plans to get into waggishness in the future. Vive La Pete!​​​​​​​​​​