Start by marking “Alex Six” as Want to Read:
Alex Six

Alex Six

Time and time again the procedure doesn’t work. Alexa and Francis were wealthy executives who had everything, except for kids. When he tragically passed away, she gave up hope for being a mother until she met Vick, who is a perfect doppelgänger of her husband.

She pays him for his donations to produce a child who resembles her husband. Vick’s marriage begins to strain. Ale
Published March 21st 2020
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about Alex Six, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alex Six

Start your review of Alex Six
BernLuvsBooks
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, adult-reads
4.5 What a thrilling ride on the crazy train stars!

I had no idea going into this book that it would be such a wild ride! Vince Taplin takes crazy to a whole new level with Alex and I was here for every obsessive, stalkerish, sexually deviant, psychopathic second. ⁣

Alex has fallen hard for Vick and she is willing to do anything to make him hers. She is wealthy, powerful, attractive and unwilling to let anyone or anything stand in her way. ⁣

Alex is one scary woman which means I absolutely loved
JANELLE || WHATSHESEEES
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not only did I loved this book, but I absolutely devoured it and couldn’t put it down.

Although it was more sexual then I expected it to be this book was still INSANELY good!

I never expected the writing to be so good with all its craziness in between.

I truly think Taplin did a profound job of creating these characters. Each person seemed so believably real despite being bat-sit crazy.

I HIGHLY recommend this book to all my thriller friends out there to read ASAP!

I also apologize if you never loo
Thais • tata.lifepages •
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow! Alex Six was definitely a shocking and intense roller-coaster ride! The story reads super fast paced, my eyes were glued to the pages! It flows with a very catchy narrative which is focused mainly on the plot and not on descriptive settings, the author writes straight to the point!

The story is told in two different point of views, from Alex, a rich psychopath stalker that will do everything and anything to get what she wants, and Victor Miller, a married ordinary guy that is very unfortuna
Kelly
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what a wild ride! I loved everything about this book! It was creepy and so intriguing that I couldn’t put it down. Short chapters are always a plus in my book too! The roles are definitely reversed in this one! Read it and you’ll know what I mean. Will be recommending this book to others! Can’t wait to read more from this author!
Melissa Mitchell
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Naomi (aplace_inthesun)
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
There is a saying, if an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is - and it's this saying that suits the circumstances Vick finds himself in to an absolute tee.

Vick is an Afghanistan vet, working hard doing all the repairs on his rental properties, and living a full and satisfying life with wife Kraya and a new baby. When Vick crosses paths with a beautiful stranger (Alex) he is offered the 'opportunity' to help her fulfil her wish to be a parent, following the timely death of her husband
Reanna Byars
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5⭐️

Is there a price when it comes to loyalty? How about a price when my comes to getting what you want?

When Alexa’s husband tragically dies, all her hopes of having a baby die with him. When she runs into his doppelgänger, Vick Miller, an unhealthy obsession begins. She wants a baby, she wants it to be Vick’s, and she’ll do and pay anything to make that happen.

This book grabs you right from the beginning. By page 5 my thoughts were “oh shit.” I ended up stopping another book I was reading fo
Heather (bookswithclarkie)
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Where to begin?!? This book was an insane wild ride! I went in not knowing much about it and I think that was the perfect way!

Alexa is wealthy, attractive, powerful, and utterly obsessed with Vick who looks like her late husband. I’d also add a freakin psycho!

Vick is a simple man who works hard to provide for his wife and son. But he has a weakness for money and Alexa has the money he needs.

Alexa wants Vicks genes and pays him quite well for his donations. But she wants more and will go
Mona Kabbani
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Do you know how hard I’ve worked for this? Do you? Do you, Vick?”

Vick Miller has the perfect life. A comfortable
job, a quaint home, a beautiful wife and kid. Everything is peachy until Alex enters his life. Alex, a wealthy businessman’s daughter, offers Vick a deal too good to turn down. $40,000 for a sperm sample, no strings attached. During the internal struggle of his decision making, Vick’s wife begins acting strange... lethargic... vapid. Her company grows unpleasant and Vick has a tough c
Nina
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 starts rounded up to 5.

All I can say is this book was bat shit crazy. Did you see Fatal Attraction???? Well move over Glenn Close there is a New Alex in town.

This books was a hold on the to the seat of your pants read and highly recommend it to anyone who likes a good thrilling read
Sara Alcorn-Luparello
This wickedly intense psychological thriller by Vince Taplin was an absolutely wild ride. ⁣⁣
⁣⁣
Once I started this book I wasn’t able to put it down, I needed to know what was going on and who exactly knew what! This was a one sitting read for me. Written in a sort of stream of conscious style, Taplin puts the reader right into the center of the drama in a way that had me cringing and gasping out loud. ⁣⁣
⁣⁣
The characters weren’t lovable, warm, or encouraging, but instead they were selfish and gri
Alyssa Moeller
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was so fast paced, I could have easily read this in a day or two, but life happens! My social calendar (bachelorette parties, bridal showers, trainings for back to school, life events, etc) and the duration it took ME to read this book is not a reflection of how I feel towards this book.

❤️ This was such a page turner and a quick read! I loved the short chapters and the suspense. I enjoyed the different POVs and how one was present tense and the other was in past tense. I didn’t see th
Alyx (tomesoflove)  Koval
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a ride. No direct spoilers are mentioned in this review but I do describe the whole story.

This book is a psychological mindfuck. Once you get into it, you will not want to put it down. You will be riding along with Vick just wondering what will happen next and how this will end until the last cringe worthy line.

Quick summary: Alex finds a near identical twin to her late husband and will offer him any amount of money for him to father a child for her, no strings attached. Vick is just a no
Kristen
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it

⁣⁣⠀
Alex Six is a insane thriller that kept me saying “ this shit is crazy”, through the entire book! It was a hot mess of a train wreck you will not be able to put down! ⁣⁣⠀
⁣⁣⠀
What would you do if a complete stranger offered you 400,000$ for a sperm donation?⁣⁣⠀
⁣⁣⠀
Vick is approached by Alex, the daughter of a filthy rich businessman. She lost her husband, and Vick looks just like him. She really wants a child, and is prepared to pay Vick for his donation. The catch...Vic is married, and must dec
Anna
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you Vince Lee Taplin for my copy in exchange for my honest review!

My latest indie author read was Alex Six. This thriller is about a guy who is kind of a jerk named Vick. Okay he's just a little misogynistic and shallow at times, but I found him entertaining. Vick is living a pretty normal life until he meets Alex. Alex is a wealthy, beautiful woman who claims Vick is a doppelgänger for her deceased husband. Logically, she tells him she will pay him a small fortune for his "seed" to give h
Lavinia
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone. Drop what you're doing and go buy this book. You will not regret it.I can't think of the last book that I would stop reading just to tell my fiance was new, crazy, fucked up thing just happened. And then when I was done, I told him that he's going to have to read it too so that we can talk about it... Even after I've spoiled all of the surprises.
Speaking of surprises. Oh my goodness. This book is packed with twists and turns. The reader has some insight into what is happening a little
Jonas Lee
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seriously one of the best books I've read in a long time. Keeps you engaged, creeped-out, laughing in places and once you reach 80%, there is literally no stopping. This author will become one of my favorites, guaranteed. Get to publishing, dude. And... that poor vanilla bottle.

Okay, Indie's get a recipe from movies to help anyone who might need convincing.

Ingredients:
1 bottle of vanilla
Brianas_best_reads
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
✨Review✨

Thank you so much Vince Taplin for sending me a copy of “Alex Six” to review! This book is available now and readers will definitely want to grab a copy!

“Alex Six” is INSANE and I mean that in the best way possible. From start to finish there was never a slow moment in this book. It started with a bang and ended with one that was equally as crazy!

There were twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what was going to happen next. There were characters I lo
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gifted
What a fast-paced read! I literally could not put this book down and when I had to stop (because you know, life) I couldn’t wait to pick it up again.

The story was told mainly through Vick’s POV but we also got Alex’s as well. I really liked how Alex’s POV was recalling some of same events but we got to see inside her head. It made everything much more creepy because Alex is so good at hiding what she is really thinking.

Alex took stalking to different level. She will literally do anything it tak
Megan Whitis
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow.. I am not sure how to put my review into words for Alex Six. I devoured this story! I am really glad I took the time to read this one. It was addictive, wild, sexy and thrilling. What more could you want in a book?!

What I liked:
-short chapters
-told from two POVs
-unexpected twists - which as we know, are my favorite
-Taplin's writing style
-rich & shallow characters

Alex Six does not disappoint. Expect the unexpected. If you are a thriller reader, you need to read this.

Side note: I don't th
Alexa
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

This book was a great read. It is a quick paced read with short chapters. In the beginning it’s a bit confusing but once you get about 12 chapters in you see the pattern. The book has an excellent plot and kept me wanting to read quickly to find out what happens next.

Victor is married and landlords a few rental homes. He has a stalker, a crazy stalker. He’s called in to receive an offer he feels can benefit him and his family. Little does he know how his whole world is about to be turn
Karen Garten
This novel took me for a ride and what a surprise it was! From the very first page to the end, this book kept my attention. I read it all in one sitting! It was not at all what I expected it would be after reading the blurb. This novel is told in both Vick's and Alexa's POV which I appreciated. To be able to read from Alexa's POV really helped to understand her obsessive and compulsive behavior. I was not the biggest fan of Vick but he did redeem himself at the end. This was very much a plot dri ...more
Maggie Siciliano
Sep 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
When Alexa’s husband tragically passed away she gave up all hope for being a mother. Then she met Vick Miller, a nearly perfect doppelganger of her husband. She pays him handsomely for his donations to produce a child who resembles her beloved husband. Alexa is is wealthy, attractive, powerful, and utterly obsessed. Vick has no idea she is watching him.⁣

Alex Six is an intense psychological thriller! The storyline was suspenseful and unique. I really liked Vick’s character and I was rooting for
Coco.V
Aug 06, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie

🎁 FREE on Amazon today (8/6/2020)! 🎁
Michelle Daniel
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Guys... I read this entire book in one day. I know some of you read like 15 books a day but this is wild for me 😂🤪 I don’t think I’ve done that since high school but I literally COULD. NOT. PUT. IT. DOWN.

I feel like this book was like the tv show ‘You’ on steroids. 🤯😳

It’s weird because I did dislike the main characters but I also didn’t HATE them, even though Vick is such a typical man in all of the bad ways (white lies are still lies yo) 😤🙄 and Alexa is totally bonkers, Vince did such a great
Cassandra
Aug 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve seen the book Alex Six floating around on Instagram for a while and decided to grab it while I could!

Vick, who loves his wife and his child, works hard for his family (but could definitely use some extra cash), is approached with a deal he finds hard to refuse..

When super wealthy Alex runs into Vick at a grocery store, she’s blown away by how much he looks like her late husband. All she wants is a baby that resembles her husband and Vick might just be the ticket to that dream.

There’s not m
Christina Marie Reads
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a creepy, disturbing, jaw dropping, insane ride of a read! I couldn't turn the pages fast enough! I was left completely mind-blown and cheering for Vick at the end! Loved it!
Kay Neff
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read this yet, what are you waiting for? It's thriller season! It's the perfect twisty, edge of your seat read that you won't be able to put down. Just when I thought I had it all figured out- wrong. It's definitely a psychological thriller with an interesting noir twist. I loved Taplin's writing style and will definitely read more of his work!
Jordan Dieterle
Aug 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was right up my alley and I loved every second of it.

Alex Six lost her husband before they were able to have a child. When she sees Vick in the grocery store, she can’t believe how much he looks like her late husband, and becomes determined to pay him for a sperm sample. Vick has to decide how much money is worth betraying his wife. The book takes a sinister turn when Alex’s true motives become apparent and deadly.

This type of thriller is one you can’t put down. Short chapters are al
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Matchmaker
  • The Liar's Wife
  • When No One is Watching
  • Here for It; Or, How to Save Your Soul in America: Essays
  • Into the Black Nowhere (UNSUB, #2)
  • Second Skin