Start by marking “Guarding Temptation” as Want to Read:
Guarding Temptation

Guarding Temptation

Protective. Obsessive. And rough around the edges.

James Foster knows the rules: you don’t fall for your best friend’s little sister. Nina is too young, too reckless, and too busy saving the world to be tied down by the commitment he craves.

If he was smart, he’d stop wanting her. But she’s the one thing on earth James just can’t quit.

Fierce. Principled. And impossibl
Published April 22nd 2020 by Nixon House

To ask other readers questions about Guarding Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guarding Temptation

Start your review of Guarding Temptation
Riley
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
talia hibbert just does it like no one else!!!
Talia Hibbert
This book is fast, fluffy, and filthy. I know because I wrote it (and had a jolly good time doing so). If you're looking for tropetastic smut set in the Dirty British Romance universe, you're in luck! Because that's exactly what Guarding Temptation is. It also has...

- a radical leftist heroine determined to seduce her brother's best friend.
- a big, brooding mechanic hero who is secretly and guiltily in love with her.
- bodyguard vibes: he insists on protecting her from disgruntled right-wingers!
mina reads™️
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’m emotional 😭 james and nina outsold
Also I NEED MORE RAHUL AND JASMINE

Short and sweet ✔️
Brother's best friend trope ✔️
Mutual pining
✔️

“I want you to know that, no matter how things are between us, I am never too busy for you. You need me, you call me. Fuck, you can call me if you break a fucking nail. I don’t care, Nina. You need me, you call me. Because you matter.”

The only thing which took away my enjoyment was the abrupt ending. Apart from that, this was quite an enjoyable read.
K.J. Charles
Thank God for Talia Hibbert. In these uncertain times, you can be sure that a Talia book will provide people who are kind and strong and fierce and funny and vulnerable, and the world is real and difficult and sometimes hostile but there are friends and lovers who can stand together to make it better, and it will make you laugh and possibly sniff a bit, and be super hot, and you will feel better even after you reach the end. This does what romance is *for*.

This is the first romance I've managed
myo (myonna reads)
Jul 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: smut, black-author
kinda wish he hadn’t apologized so soon but that’s only because i was really enjoying the angst before lol
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
I was going to save this for Smutathon next weekend, and then I realized there was no way in hell I could wait that long. It was absolutely precious and I loved it. <3 RTC
Warda
Talia Hibbert can’t do no wrong in my eyes.
sil ♡ the book voyagers
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This little novella is literally full of everything I love. From bodyguard trope, best friend's little sister, the yearning, the steamy, the caring and softness. Talia Hibbert never lets me down and Guarding Temptation is a perfect pick if you want a quick emotional sexy romance!

*hits head* why haven't I read this before now..... I'm so slow DAMMIT. Because this was so good and I just... James and Nina are so perfect and Talia really made me feel so much from only the prologue, LIKE COME ON. I
✧ jules ✧
Talia Hibbert is a phenomenal autor but this one didn't work for me. It had one of my favorite tropes "brother's best friend" but in this case I didn't particularly enjoyed it. I don't mind miscommunication but when it drags for the entire book it gets frustrating and boring to me. I wasn't invested in the characters or their chemistry at all, it felt just exhausting to get to the end.
The "will they or won't they" situation can either go really well or not, and unfortunately, in this case it was
Starlah
Aug 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, romance, ebook
As the author says, this story is fast, fluffy, and filthy. the story itself doesn't hold too much substance but it was a quick and mindless read which is what I needed right now. I also loved how the author included content warnings in the beginning. ...more
✨
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-reads
4.5 STARS

I’ve read quite a few books by Talia Hibbert and I really enjoy her writing! I have heard so many people rave about this book, so I knew I had to check it out.

This book starts off with the two main characters, James and Nina, just after they’ve been involved in a sexual encounter. James is Nina’s brother’s best-friend and he ends up regretting what him and Nina had just done.

After finding out that James didn’t feel the same way as she did, Nina is really hurt. She leaves and doesn’t
Chelsea
Jul 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5⭐
The only reason I'm keep that 0.5⭐ is simply because I wanted more!!
Talia Hibbert is my Queen. I would absolutely read anything written by her.
Her Heros always have this "soft masculinity" whereas the Heroines have "strong feminity", this literally is a kryptonite for me, in a good way. If you know what I'm talking about you'll understand, otherwise just read Talia's books.
Loved this one a lot.
Steph's Romance Book Talk
3.5 Stars / 2 Steam Fans

Video review available in Week 21: May 17 – 23 weekly book reviews.

For other video book reviews, check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.
fra ☆
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
THIS WAS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD HOLY SHIT!!

This is everything I've ever wanted from a friends to lovers that have been in love with each other for years. I'm only sad it's not longer because Nina and James' dynamic is *chef's kiss*. First of, and what stole my heart right off the bat is their banter and normalizing of platonic physical touch, the way they relentlessly tease each other and feed off of each other's humor had me snorting at 3 in the morning (no one judge my sleeping pattern pls), an
book bruin
Jun 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a sexy and fun novella! It combined several favorite tropes like brother's best friend, childhood friends to lovers, forced proximity, and bodyguard/protector all into one smoking hot story. Guarding Temptation packed in so much in such a short number of pages. Yes, there was a big miscommunication that lasted pretty much the entire novella, but I really loved Nina and James and understood why they struggled so much with their feelings and if they should cross those lines. Talia Hibbert is ...more
Asha
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The way this story was short but so fulfilling!?!? Talia is too powerful. I need to lay down even more than I am right now. There was cuteness, angst, and of course PLENTY of steamy scenes for a novella. I'm very grateful that I have the ability to read.

I loved Nina and James so much 🥺. Just the way they were so well written really just made me feel all fluffy inside. Also the mutual mastrubation scenes?!?! Y'all gon need to give me a minute to recover cause that scene had me sweating.

NOW I nee
Jaclyn
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute, light and fun. It’s fast, fluffy, and steamy all mixed in one! I just wanted it to be longer! I loved James and Nina together I wish their story was longer! I feel like this plot could have been expanded into a full book but it was sweet for what it was which is a short, happy and sexy story. I love Talia Hibberts writing and I love how even though this was a novella, it was well developed! If I’m ever in the mood for a great steamy novella, Talia hibbert is always first choice! Her writin ...more
julia ♥
Apr 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Cute but TOO SHORT
Romie
yeah okay, that was hot. moving on:) (3.65)
menna
Apr 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-releases

talia hibbert's writing is amazing as usual but i'm kinda conflicted,,, this was SO hot skdshdf but it was also annoying at times especially because of the miscommunication trope. so im just going to give this 3.5 stars because i enjoyed it nonetheless
Khadidja
Aug 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Khadidja by: menna
The sexy scenes got me like 👁👄👁
agustina ⚝
Nov 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, contemp-romance
it was ok, I wanted more angst lmao
Robin
I have such mixed feeling on this... I picked this up for Smutathon and overall I found that the actual romance plot of this just didn't do anything for me. I didn't really believe the chemistry between them and got really frustrated with their horrible communication. I honestly just wanted to shake these two every time the beat around the bush of the their actual feelings.

However, Talia Hibbert has an unparalleled knack for incorporating so much substance and social commentary into even the sho
bella farren
Apr 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 / 5

This was a quick and adorable romance read that gives you all the feels. It was smutty and wholesome all at the same time. I love how Talia Hibbert manages to intertwine serious topics (racism, freedom of speech, cyberstalking, and cyber threats) into a genuinely heartwarming romance that makes you feel better about the world by the end.

The brother's best friend trope is a personal favourite, and this book did it so well.
Rida Quraishi
Feb 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
*4.5 stars

Talia Hibbert is officially my favourite romance author! Can't go wrong with her books! ❤️
Juliette Cross
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A quick sexy read with an emotional punch! Talia Hibbert is fantastic at developing heartfelt characters from page one. This fast-paced and swoony romance between Nina and her brother's best friend hit me in all the right places. And above the sensual love story, the message that "hope never dies" rings clear. It happens to be a philosophy I cling to, which made me close the book with a wistful smile. Highly recommended! ...more
elisa
Jan 03, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 3-stars, novellas
being horny AND heart-warming is a talent
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
“Sometimes I think black women in particular are seen as ‘strong’ in a way that removes our humanity. There have been some extreme examples in the media lately—think Prince Ruben and his wife Cherry Neita, or the furore around the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. People believe that abusing us doesn’t matter, because we can take more than other people. That’s not the case.”

This passage alone is worth 5 wine glasses.

And if you don’t know who Prince Ruben and Cherry Neita are - get thee to The Princes
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Go Deep (Unexpected Lovers #1)
  • Office Hours
  • Harbor (Beards & Bondage, #3)
  • The Roommate
  • Theirs for the Night (The Thalanian Dynasty, #1)
  • Your Dad Will Do (A Touch of Taboo #1)
  • Seducing My Guardian (A Touch of Taboo #4)
  • Gifting Me To His Best Friend (A Touch of Taboo, #2)
  • Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • My Dad's Best Friend (A Touch of Taboo, #3)
  • Birthday Shot
  • Worship
  • His Beauty
  • Beautiful & Dirty (The Family #1)
  • The Babysitter (Encounters, #1)
  • Forever Theirs (The Thalanian Dynasty #2)
  • Sanctuary  (Beards and Bondage, #2)
  • Being Hospitable (Desert Rose Hook-Ups, #1)
Talia Hibbert is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who lives in a bedroom full of books. Supposedly, there is a world beyond that room, but she has yet to drum up enough interest to investigate.

She writes sexy, diverse romance because she believes that people of marginalised identities need honest and positive representation. Her interests include beauty, junk food, and unnecessary