Start by marking “Soul of Cinder (Heart of Thorns, #3)” as Want to Read:
Soul of Cinder (Heart of Thorns, #3)

Soul of Cinder

(Heart of Thorns #3)

The Twisted Sisters are coming home.

Prince Quin has returned to the river kingdom, ready to spearhead a rebellion and reclaim the throne. He vows to destroy Mia, Pilar, and Angelyne if they oppose him—even if he must use his newfound magic to set the world aflame.

Across the four kingdoms, the elements have been tipped askew. Volcanoes erupt, glaciers collapse, and cities s
Published January 12th 2021 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about Soul of Cinder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul of Cinder

Start your review of Soul of Cinder (Heart of Thorns, #3)
alissa
Jan 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
there’s a giveaway for all three books in this series (signed by bree barton!!) up on my instagram! check it out by clicking here!

when i say this series was wild, i mean it was wild. it messed with my head, feelings and most of all: my sanity. i’ve screamed, i’ve cried and i’ve stared at the pages thinking to myself “how did i get here?”. but i’m fine, i’m fine, i am fine!! we’ve survived (have we?) and that’s all that matters.

soul of cinder is an amazing conclusion and in my opinion the best pa
Sophie
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher. This in no way impacted on my view.

Immediately following the explosive events of Tears of Frost, our cast of characters are recovering in their own ways. For Mia and Pilar, they are getting to grips with being half-sisters, and travelling with Nelladine to Pembuk, the glass kingdom, in order to speak with the Shadowess, and discover if Mia can regain her feelings and sensations, and for Pilar to come to terms with the horrific suffering she h
Zahira⚡️ Azriel’s mate
Jan 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Soul of Cinder is the third and final installment in the Heart of Thorns trilogy. I have mixed feelings about this trilogy but as a whole, I really enjoyed following this feminist story about magic and woman wanting to stop the abuse that kept happening to them over decades. I really loved the concept and how magic was only something women could have. What I did not expect was how dark this trilogy came to be. It deals with a lot of important issues such as colonialism, sexual assault, rape, and ...more
Claire
Jan 17, 2021 rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings about this series, book one I loved book 2 not so much and book 3 Soul of Cinder i actually ended up quite enjoying, although I still had issues with it.

As this is book 3 I won't say to much about it as I wouldn't want to spoil anything, but this one again follows Mia, Quin and Pillar on their journey of healing really.

Mia is still suffering from loss of feeling after the events of book 1/2 and is desperate to feel something again, pillar is still trying to deal with what
Madhu MaBookYard -
Jan 08, 2021 rated it liked it
Snezana
Jan 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is the book that I really enjoyed the most! The pacing was fantastic, and the whole book had this atmosphere of everything finally unravelling and coming to an end.

I didn't expect to love it as much as I did. You know how sometimes you imagine how a book might end? I didn't imagine it would be like this, and it was definitely better than what my imagination conjured up.

As you progress through the story, you feel the characters are finally resolving their deeply-rooted issues and getting som
Dreximgirl
Jan 09, 2021 rated it liked it
Official review to come on my blog 12th Jan 2020.
Jodie "Bookish"  Cook
Jan 03, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, reviewed
Olivia
Dec 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: other-reviews
SOUL OF CINDER is an intriguing conclusion to a dark YA fantasy trilogy. While in the first book we witnessed Mia's point-of-view and that was augmented with Pilar's point-of-view in the second, in this final book, we bear witness to Mia, Pilar, and Quin. Mia and Pilar have left behind the snow kingdom in ruins and have traveled to a place in the glass kingdom that promises healing as wanderers are often on their way to the island of forgetting.

Mia and Pilar feel broken by life, the tough decisi
USOM
Dec 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
(Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher. This has not impacted my review which is unbiased and honest.)

TW: suicidal ideation, mentions of rape and victim blaming

Soul of Cinder is a series finale that discusses the nature of healing and forgiveness. How fitting that a series about trauma and survival would end by discussing how we process, heal, and forgive (others and ourselves). The scars of hurt, betrayal, and trauma live in our hearts, but how do we let others in and define our
Lauren
Dec 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
TW: sexual assault, suicidal ideation, trauma

Once again, I have to thank Bree for the inclusion of trigger warnings at the beginning.

Following on from the harshness of Tears of Frost, this read begins as more of a slow burn but oh wow do we get so much character development and a great conclusion to the story. It’s so painfully obvious how broken with bad faults the characters are, but they begin to acknowledge and understand these flaws.

“I always wanted to get married and have children. You tho
your friendly neighborhood bibliophile (Gabi)
well, here we go. This will be the book that determines whether or not Bree Barton’s books are for me. I was not a huge fan of the first two books; mainly because of the very forced and unnatural-feeling feminism shoved in.

I have a terrible feeling this one will have even more of that.
Terry Benton-Walker
Jan 18, 2021
Kathryn
Jan 13, 2021
Avni Gupta
Jan 15, 2021
Tonya Rossatti
rated it did not like it
Apr 22, 2020
Kyra
Jo
Sour
Aug 19, 2018

• Midnight Sun (Twilight, #5)
  • The Wise One (The Scottish Scrolls, 1)
  • The Anari
  • Hex: The Apprentice
  • Death Warden
  • My Little Occult Book Club
  • Playing with Fire
  • Nothing but Shadows (Tales from Shadowhunter Academy, #4)
  • The Whitechapel Fiend (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #3)
  • The Midnight Heir (The Bane Chronicles, #4)
  • A Crown of Talons (A Throne of Swans, #2)
  • What Really Happened in Peru (The Bane Chronicles, #1)
  • Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale (The Bane Chronicles, #3)
  • The Runaway Queen (The Bane Chronicles, #2)
  • カードキャプターさくら クリアカード編 8 [Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card hen 8]
  • This Winter
  • Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)
  • There Are Things I Can't Tell You
Bree Barton is a writer in Los Angeles. When she's not lost in whimsy, she works as a ghostwriter and dance teacher to teen girls. She is on Instagram and YouTube as Speak Breely, where she posts funny videos of her melancholy dog.

Bree is not a fan of corsets.

Y O U T U B E: http://bit.ly/2gm8OPO
W E B S I T E: www.breebarton.com

Heart of Thorns (3 books)
  • Heart of Thorns (Heart of Thorns, #1)
  • Tears of Frost (Heart of Thorns, #2)