Start by marking “Batgirl, Volume 4: Fists of Fury” as Want to Read:
Batgirl, Volume 4: Fists of Fury

Batgirl, Volume 4: Fists of Fury

(Batgirl (2000) #4)

Volume four in this outstanding and innovative new Titan series continues the incredible evolution of the new Batgirl, Cassandra Cain - the successor to original Batgirl Barbara Gordon. Having been brought back from the dead and fought demigoddess Shiva to a standstill in a bitter, savage brawl, Batgirl is beyond exhaustion.
Published July 1st 2004 by Titan Books (UK) (first published May 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Batgirl, Volume 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batgirl, Volume 4

Adam Graham
This book collects Issues 15, 16, 21, and 26-28 of Batgirl with Cassandra Cain. The first three issues were cut from the previous book so Volume 3 could conclude with her mother Shiva.

Issue 15 finds her seemingly help Batman take on the Joker after some random murders. This is somewhat deceptive and for it to be sold that way with references to a fight with the Joker on the back cover is a bit deceptive.

Issue 16 finds a little boy appealing to Batgirl to stop her Dad from hurting someone in a cr
Ben Truong
Batgirl: Fist of Fury picks up where the previous volume left off, collecting six issues (Batgirl #15–16, 21, and 26-28) of the 2000 on-going series.

Cassandra Cain as Batgirl faces the deadliest of Gotham's villains, The Joker, who gets the last laugh when Batgirl and Spoiler must also defeat a jokerized Shadow Thief. Afterwards, Lady Shiva gave Batgirl a year to train and get better and continue their death-match. Stephanie Brown as Spoiler and Barbara Gordon as Oracle features heavily in this
Lisa Feld
This collection weaves together a number of different Batgirl/Spoiler adventures, but mostly focuses on the aftermath of Batgirl's fight with Lady Shiva and the ongoing manhunt for Bruce Wayne, accused of murder. It's interesting to see what the two girls have in common, as well as what sets them apart, and see the ways Spoiler deals with her excellent but exasperating new teammate--by being driven to do better, even if she knows she'll never be the fighter Batgirl is.
Roger Royer
Not as good as I had hoped. Spectacular art but mediocre stories with average villains and even less story development than I would expect from a collection of comics that are supposed to be in order.
Molly
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Casandra is faced yet again with her roots as a trained assassin while Batgirl tries to prove Bruce Wayne's innocence to Vesper Fairchild's murder. Spoiler steps up to the plate and learn as much as she can from Batgirl.
Ray
Apr 05, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not much story. I actually thought graphic novels contained the complete story. I should have read several before and after so while the story line was somewhat intriguing, I will probably never finish this story line. So I was disappointed in this graphic novel.
Centauri
May 04, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
combining the jumpy and dicey story events with scattered and jumbled design format, I had absolutely no idea what was going on. I couldn't even enjoy reading it
Amy
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comix
ive seen the light and that light is stephcass
Hannah
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: batgirl
Some loose threads but it was good.
J
Aug 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
An improvement over the last collection but not by a huge amount.
Tyler
The only thing that ever bums me out about these graphic novels is their frenetic--borderline erratic--pace. Sometimes the shift from one panel to the next is abrupt and confusing, as well as from storyline to storyline. Or, in this case, Joker is introduced as having broken everyone out from Arkham in order to kill everyone. But Batgirl just fights a guy who wants to prove himself. What?!

The main reason this gets 3 stars instead of 2 is that Stephanie Brown is brought in (in the last volume) a
Kathleen
A few well written one shot issues and a few Spoiler heavy ones. I don't mean they will tell you too much about other things taking place in DCU, I mean Batgirl makes friends with Stephanie. Steph is then angry, unthinking, and not great at fighting. Spoiler just gets the bad end of the stick a lot of the time. For instance, when comparing their childhoods with their respective abusive fathers, Spoiler confesses that the Cluemaster used to lock her in the closet when he was angry. When Cain was ...more
Billie
Jul 23, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was looking through the teen books at the library and decided to take home a superhero graphic novel. I have read graphic novels sporadically before but have never really pulled from the superhero selections.

In honor of Batgirl being a librarian I picked this volume, but this batgirl is not the Barbra Gordon that I remember from my childhood. This is a young, kick-ass Batgirl who can take care of things on her own and is never the damsel in distress.
Sean
Jul 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A much better offering than its predecessor. Kelley Puckett does a much better job of showing the innocence and also terror that Cassandra possesses in her soul. The plot was fun and had some twists. Spoiler works so well with Batgirl that those two playing off each other is fantastic. I still don’t like the art at all but not so much to dislike the book. Overall a very good book.
Ari Odinson
This is my least favorite piece featuring Cass Cain so far. It had it's moments especially with developing Stephanie Brown as a companion. But other than that, there seemed to be random fight sequence with very little meaning to them. It proved Cass Cain as the best, but we've already seen her in action.
Sass
May 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stephanie Brown is my girl. I first met her as Batgirl in 2011, when I first got into comics. (We do not talk about what happened in September 2011.) So I was pleased to see her pop up in this trade in her Spoiler identity. I love her relationship with Cass, and I've come to love Cass almost as much as I love Steph. I miss them boty, and DC should bring them back.
Amanda
Part of my massive Barbara Gordon Re-read which I had a glorious amazing time with. The art in the early Batgirl stuff was very touch and go to me, which made me wince a while reading through it, but I definitely appreciated the beginning of Cass' story, and Bab's involvement in that with Cass and with/against Bruce.
Victor Orozco
Pretty neat like the previous one. Tons of action and less talk. Really do like Cassie. C+
Carli
Dec 16, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The artwork continues to be impressive in this volume. The fights are engaging and clear. The story will work well even for those who aren't very familiar with Batgirl.
Molly
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Maybe I wasn't into this because it's volume 4?
T-Dub
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Didn't realize that I was reading the fourth volume and not the first, but the character development just wasn't there for me.
Damond

• Blue Beetle, Vol. 2: Road Trip
  • Young Justice: A League of Their Own
  • Nightwing: Love and Bullets
  • Batman: Li'l Gotham, Vol. 1
Kelley Puckett is a comic book writer. He is the creator of the character Cassandra Cain, the Batgirl who succeeded Barbara Gordon and who was succeeded herself by Stephanie Brown, as well as the second Green Arrow, Connor Hawke.

Batgirl (2000) (9 books)