Start by marking “As Much As I Care to Remember: My Manic Tale: Recollections Both Real and Imaginary, Retold for the Understanding of Bipolar Disorder” as Want to Read:

paperback
Published February 14th 2020

To ask other readers questions about As Much As I Care to Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about As Much As I Care to Remember

Start your review of As Much As I Care to Remember: My Manic Tale: Recollections Both Real and Imaginary, Retold for the Understanding of Bipolar Disorder
Buffy Brown
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Emily B. Howell’s candid And honest memoir intertwined with fictional storytelling is an important work that would benefit any family member, neighbor, classmate, or friend who is ready to understand in new ways the bipolar mind. Her work is sensitive, heartfelt, while being couched in a creativity that makes this an easy read to a sometimes difficult subject. The love that went into this work sweeps through every page!
Carolegallopade.Com
Outstanding and heartfelt and enlightening look at a difficult subject. This innovative fictionalization shares in a unique way facts and data just can’t. You’ll feel involved and informed in an emotionally candid way. You can hear it or you can live it. You will do both in this insightful look into real life emotion. You will learn and you will care. Great five star job!
Kristiana
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
E. B. Howell’s As Much as I Care to Remember is a frank portrayal of living with bipolar disorder. Howell’s honest dedication to raising awareness about bipolar disorder delivers an empathetic and authentic narrative about Liddy, a woman battling the world around her and the multiple narratives spun by her episodes of mania.

As Much as I Care to Remember immediately establishes itself as raw and set on rebelling against the portrait of bipolar disorder purported by mainstream media and popular c
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A page turner, start to finish with an amazing view into the bipolar mind. This speaks to me as a close friend, and relative to those with this diagnosis. I would imagine that others with bipolar could take comfort from this book that they are not alone in their experiences and there is light even in the darkest, scariest moments. There are many lessons: advocacy, patience, and science are all important keys to successfully managing whether you are a patient yourself or a close friend. Truly app ...more
Pam Parker
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Required reading for parents and families dealing with a loved one living with mental illness.
An honest, unapologetic, and compelling story of a bright, creative, and charming young woman coming to terms with her bipolar disorder.
Written in beautiful gritty detail, E.B. Howell transports the reader into Liddy’s mind and enables us to understand her as a whole person and not a diagnosis.
I was enthralled by the family dynamics and rooting for Liddy from beginning to end!
Alan Roberts
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wish I could give this book 6 stars! It speaks to so many familiar themes, and the author does so in a completely unique form of narration. I'm not bipolar, but I think we can all agree that one person's "situation" is relatable when it causes harm or frustration among family members. Take this journey with Emily. While the ride is bumpy in parts, the destination is worth it! ...more
Monica
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fascinating and sometimes harrowing view into life with bipolar, this book reveals how little is really known about how the brain works. It was a powerful read, a frank account of a manic mind, and an encouraging call to seek support for mental health.
Liza Liss
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Honest and heartfelt. A tale of perseverance and courage and love.
Lina Al Sarafi

• Vesper Flights
  • The Way Around: Finding My Mother and Myself Among the Yanomami
  • A Sand County Almanac and Sketches Here and There
  • The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating
  • The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning: How to Free Yourself and Your Family from a Lifetime of Clutter
  • Goodbye, Things: The New Japanese Minimalism
  • The Splendid and the Vile: A Saga of Churchill, Family, and Defiance During the Blitz
  • The Listening Path: The Creative Art of Attention (An Artist's Way Book)
  • Attainable Sustainable: The Lost Art of Self-Reliant Living
  • Reindeer Moon (Reindeer Moon, #1)
  • The Red Lotus
  • The Sandcastle Girls
  • A Moveable Feast
  • Doctored Evidence (Commissario Brunetti, #13)
  • Carnegie's Maid
  • The Only Woman in the Room
  • Trouble the Water
About E.B. Howell:
As Much as I Care to Remember

Raised in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Emily graduated from Furman University in Greenville, South Carolina and obtained her Masters in Journalism and Public Policy at American University in Washington, DC.

She moved to New York City to help others through communications projects and in turn she learned about the power of patient advocacy.

She serv