Start by marking “Straight On Till Morning” as Want to Read:
Straight On Till Morning

Straight On Till Morning

What if Wendy first traveled to Neverland… with Captain Hook?

Sixteen-year-old Wendy Darling's life is not what she imagined it would be. The doldrums of an empty house after her brothers have gone to school, the dull parties where everyone thinks she talks too much, and the fact that her parents have decided to send her away to Ireland as a governess-it all makes her wish
Audiobook
Published February 4th 2020 by Blackstone Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Straight On Till Morning, please sign up.
Kelly H (Readallaboutit) No, not really. There's just some crushing on other characters, but that I can remember of, there isn't any kissing or anything like that.

Start your review of Straight On Till Morning

8. Part of Your World (The Little Mermaid): 2-stars

In this twisted version of Peter Pan, we follow
Annette
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was not sure what to expect of this story. I’ve been reading all the other twisted tales and so far not one has truly disappointed me, but the premise of this one sounded a little vague and I was really curious where that would lead and what kind of story we would eventually get. And I have to admit that I am impressed what has been done with this amazing tale!

And most of that has to do with the character Wendy Darling and how she’s portrayed in this book. She reminds me of myself so much, in
Tabi⁷ (ᕗツ)ᕗ
the author's writing is generally cardboard but I love Peter Pan so . . . "Here we go!!"
Alaina
Hello Wendy Darling!

Straight On Till Morning was another fantastic book in this twisted tales series! I feel like I don't read enough peter pan retellings because the ones that I do find, I fall in love with. Pretty sure I've only read like 3 others.. but eh, details. The world needs more.

The characters in this book were a lot different than what I was used to. Yes, we still see the very same ones we grew up with in the Disney Movie. Yet, something is different. Wendy was easy to connect with an
Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)
omg, this is so exctiting you know what would be more exciting? if i could spell

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
Liz
May 11, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
You're like a mouse....trying to be an elephant...
-Simon Cowell
Cindee
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: march-2020-tbr
I loved this book so much it is now my favorite Peter Pan retelling for the wonderful character that is Wendy and adding so much more to Tinker Bell to make her more than a jealous girl who only cares about Peter Pan. I loved the characters so much especially Wendy and Tinker Bell they had a great friendship that was rocky at times but they became the best friend to each other neither had ever had. I loved Wendy for her no nonsense attitude along with with kind and passionate nature. I loved Tin ...more
Kate
3.5/5stars

This is a fine retelling. Boring if you know the actual book or have read any other retellings as it was not unique at all but it was fine.
TheBookishHobbit
So I finished this novel today! I liked it, its not my favorite in the whole Twisted Tales series, but I did like it. I thought that some parts dragged on a little bit for my liking and it could have be cut down. I also was not a huge fan of Peter Pan... for some reason his character has always annoyed me lol. I did enjoy the creatures of Neverland and the setting. And of course, I enjoyed the pirates. I think those who are bigger fans of Peter Pan would enjoy this story far more than I did.

I de
Jackie
Mar 01, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit confusing at times but a decent read. Peter Pan isn’t the main focus but the friendship between Wendy and Tinkerbell
Katie
Feb 26, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is the only book in the series, thus far, that I could not stand! It was too long and dragged on. The whole plot was just boring.
Brooklyn Tayla
May 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of Straight On Til Morning from Scholastic Books Australia in exchange for an honest review, all thoughts are my own.
I went into Straight On Til Morning with not a lot of prior knowledge, though I did notice that it sits at 500+ pages, whereas some of its Twisted Tales counterparts err on the much slimmer side, so I was quite curious as to why it was considerably longer than its successors. To me, Straight On Til Morning was of such a length befitting an exciting adventure that
Katelyn Marie
I am a sucker fore any Peter Pan retelling, especially with a Hook and Wendy team up. Which I thought this one would be, I was wrong it was Wendy and Tinkerbell teaming up, I had my doubts about these two together to save Neverland, but by the end of the book a 2 star read became a solid 3 star read. I just wish that there was a little more meat to this story. A worthy read dor any Disney fan.
Natalie

This isn’t a “retelling” so much as a fanfic about a friendship developing between Wendy and Tinker Bell. It was interesting enough, but at nearly 500 pages, it was also unnecessarily drawn out.
Kaitlin
Nov 20, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait for this new book! I love Peter Pan!

Despite what some people harshly say about the Twisted Tale series, I think they're amazing. I hope the series goes on!
Angela Auten
This book was pretty good. The beginning was super slow. I realized that Liz Braswell over does the descriptions of everything in her writing. She is my least favorite author in this series, but she does know how to tell a story.
Jen (The Jenerator)
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: braswell-liz
Love this series and Loved this book focusing on Wendy and GIRL POWER! :)
PeggySue
I will admit I had a hard time getting through this one. I have loved all the rest of them . This one is not a story of Peter Pan, it is a story of Wendy. Peter Pan only has a kitty bitty part in this book. There were some great ideas, but not enough adventure to be a Peter pan story. Peter Pan is about not growing up. This story is about growing up. This book was good but not great.
Kathryn G.
Jun 26, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wtr-sequels
!!!!!

I wondered what they'd do after they ran out of Disney princess retellings - if they did anything else at all. I AM SO ON BOARD FOR THIS!!
Nick
Mar 20, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-books
DNF

What is this book? It was a gimmicky excuse to write a Peter Pan novel without Peter Pan. Which is fine. Don't get me wrong. Peter Pan is an annoying little brat, but he is also the only developed character in the story.

I thought we would develop Captain Hook. Maybe tell the story from his point of view, maybe give him a little depth. I was wrong. We attempt to develop Wendy. Now, this was the strong part of the story. Wendy is not a Mary Sue, she is not all-powerful, and is not immune to cha
Abby M. Ganhar
Ugh...whyyyyy?

Why re-write Peter Pan with the sole aim of making it pass the bechdel test? Apart from the clever inclusion of Wendy's wolf from the original book, this has NOTHING going for it. It's just cringy over the top forced girl power and literally nothing else. Also, who in blazes was this even written for? Most of the writing comes across as Middle Grade but content leans more to suggestive YA. So my best guess is it was written for feminists who haven't gotten beyond an 8th grade readi
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Straight on Till Morning: A Twisted Tale by Liz Braswell, 488 pages. Disney Hyperion, 2020. $18.

Content: Language: PG (2 swears); Mature Content: G; Violence: PG-13.

BUYING ADVISORY: MS – OPTIONAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

Wendy is sixteen and feels lost and misunderstood while living in London. She has been holding onto Peter’s shadow for four years, but he hasn’t come to claim it and Wendy is anxious to visit Neverland. Wendy negotiates a trade with Captain Hook that if Hook will take Wendy to
Wonda
Apr 27, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well this series went downhill...Not only was this one boring, but it can across as much more childish! Even Tink...her POV was just nasty! I couldn't do it! I will read the next one though, as there isn't any link between these tales, BUT I do hope they are better!
Athena
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lisa
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I've never been a huge Disney Peter Pan fan to begin with. The lost boys and Peter Pan never held my attention. I was also always annoyed by the petty jealousy, and later on the overtly racist connotations within the film (Yes, yes product of its time - doesn't make it LESS racist).

I DNF, despite being halfway through. The character of Wendy is no better than the movie version and still no sign of Peter, despite being halfway through. Since the author seems to rely heavily on the Disney films f
Nika
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm in love with the Disney twisted tales and as soon as I heard that there is one about my favourite Disney characters I knew I had to read it!

I love how this whole book focuses on Wendy's self development. She transforms from a house maid into an independent, strong woman despite everyone trying to silence her.

Wendy has always been one of my favourite book/movie characters and this book shows her from a new, never before seen angle. Simply fantastic and such an easy read.
Emily Stark
Brittany
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this.

A solid ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5 STARS.
Eleyla
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite character Peter Pan, this is just great fantasy and love this story so much. Many adventures and sometimes the unexpected happens. Great!
Erin Mendoza
I didn't love this story. I got bored. But I very much liked the ending 🤷‍♀️
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• So This is Love
  • Conceal, Don't Feel
  • Mirror, Mirror
  • Reflection
  • Evil Thing (Villains, #7)
  • The Odd Sisters (Villains, #6)
  • Shine
  • The Last of August (Charlotte Holmes, #2)
  • The Case for Jamie (Charlotte Holmes, #3)
  • The Nest
  • Challenger Deep
  • Wonder Woman, Volume 3: Iron
  • A Land of Permanent Goodbyes
  • The Final Warning (Maximum Ride, #4)
  • These Witches Don't Burn (These Witches Don't Burn, #1)
  • The Reader on the 6.27
  • Always Forever Maybe
  • Wrecked
After the sort of introverted childhood you would expect from a writer, Liz earned a degree in Egyptology at Brown University and then promptly spent the next ten years producing video games. Finally she caved into fate and wrote Snow and Rx under the name Tracy Lynn, followed by The Nine Lives of Chloe King series under her real name, because by then the assassins hunting her were all dead. She a ...more

Related Articles

“He looked like the living embodiment of fearlessness, of seizing whatever the moment brought and assuming it would all work out somehow.” 2 likes
“A paradisiacal lagoon lay below them. The water was an unbelievable, unreal turquoise, its surface so still that every feature of the bottom could be admired in magnified detail: colorful pebbles, bright red kelp, fish as pretty and colorful as the jungle birds. A waterfall on the far side fell softly from a height of at least twenty feet. A triple rainbow graced its frothy bottom. Large boulders stuck out of the water at seemingly random intervals, black and sun-warmed and extremely inviting, like they had been placed there on purpose by some ancient giant.
And on these were the mermaids.
Wendy gasped at their beauty.
Their tails were all colors of the rainbow, somehow managing not to look tawdry or clownish. Deep royal blue, glittery emerald green, coral red, anemone purple. Slick and wet and as beautifully real as the salmon Wendy's father had once caught on holiday in Scotland. Shining and voluptuously alive.
The mermaids were rather scandalously naked except for a few who wore carefully placed shells and starfish, although their hair did afford some measure of decorum as it trailed down their torsos. Their locks were long and thick and sinuous and mostly the same shades as their tails. Some had very tightly coiled curls, some had braids. Some had decorated their tresses with limpets and bright hibiscus flowers.
Their "human" skins were familiar tones: dark brown to pale white, pink and beige and golden and everything in between. Their eyes were also familiar eye colors but strangely clear and flat. Either depthless or extremely shallow depending on how one stared.
They sang, they brushed their hair, they played in the water. In short, they did everything mythical and magical mermaids were supposed to do, laughing and splashing as they did.
"Oh!" Wendy whispered. "They're-" And then she stopped.
Tinker Bell was giving her a funny look. An unhappy funny look.
The mermaids were beautiful. Indescribably, perfectly beautiful. They glowed and were radiant and seemed to suck up every ray of sun and sparkle of water; Wendy found she had no interest looking anywhere else.”
2 likes