Start by marking “The Dead Season (Shana Merchant, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dead Season (Shana Merchant, #2)

The Dead Season

(Shana Merchant #2)

Senior Investigator Shana Merchant has spent years running from her past. But she never imagined a murder case would drive her to the most dangerous place of all--home.

After leaving the NYPD following her abduction by serial killer Blake Bram, Shana Merchant hoped for a fresh start in the Thousand Islands of Upstate New York. Her former tormentor has other plans. Shana a
Expected publication: December 8th 2020 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about The Dead Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dead Season

Start your review of The Dead Season (Shana Merchant, #2)
Nilufer Ozmekik
Sep 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Did you also become addicted to the adventures of Shana Merchant after reading the first, gripping, getting trapped in gothic mansion theme with Agatha Christian vibes novel of the brand new series? If your answer is yes, let’s celebrate to take another mysterious, unputdownable, breathtaking journey! Not only Shana, but her smart, loyal partner Tim and her badass, supportive best friend Mac are back!

If you don’t remember the cliffhanger of the first book, let me remind you. Shana was suffering
Chelsea Humphrey
Apr 17, 2020 marked it as to-read
Recommended to Chelsea by: Berkley Publishing Group
megs_bookrack
After finishing Death in the Family earlier today, I honestly don't know how long I can hold off before reading this sequel.

I am so anxious to learn more about Shana's past and the serial killer who won't let her rest!

Original:

I love Mystery stories that involve investigators returning to their hometowns to solve old cases.

This book sounds like it is exactly that and I'm here for it.

Thank you so much, Berkley Books, for the ARC. I think this can be read as a standalone, but I am hoping to get to
Maximilian Birner
Sep 14, 2020 marked it as to-read
Looks so good! Death in the Family is on the top of my to-read shelf so I'll have plenty of time to anticipate this release. ...more
Aug 13, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-arcs, preorders
I enjoyed this continuation of the Shana Merchant series, even if I found the main abduction storyline to be poorly handled. I loved the expansion of Shana's backstory, her history with Bram, and the cold case centered in her hometown. The present day mystery is, in my opinion, a bit of an also ran with minimal tension - it's such a bizarre addition, when Shana's motivation/personality makes it pretty clear that she would've investigated without this manufactured ticking clock.
I look forward to
Nancy McFarlane
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Senior Investigator Shana Merchant is on suspension waiting to pass a psych exam to be able to return to working. PTSD caused her to almost kill a witness in her last case and she has spent months trying to overcome thinking about the serial killer who abducted her and kept her captive in a basement for days. Then the body of her uncle, who the family thought had simply left town 20 years earlier was found and she goes home to be with her family. She soon starts investigating and then her partne ...more
Nicole (inmycozynook)
Oct 03, 2020 marked it as to-read
I need this book like now, I absolutely loved Death in the Family!! Can't wait to read more of Shana's story!
Rosemary
Nicole
Madison

• Catherine House
  • Goodnight Beautiful
  • Uskollinen lukija (Jessica Niemi, #1)
  • The Deep
  • The Night Swim
  • The Sun Down Motel
  • The Photographer
  • Daylight (Atlee Pine, #3)
  • We Are All the Same in the Dark
  • Dear Child
  • The War Widow (Billie Walker Mystery, #1)
  • Waiting for the Night Song
  • The Most Difficult Thing
  • The Four Winds
  • Dark August
  • The Searcher
  • Heroine
  • The Good Luck Stone
Tessa Wegert is the author of the Shana Merchant series of mysteries, beginning with DEATH IN THE FAMILY. She grew up in Quebec near the border of Vermont and now lives with her husband and children in Coastal Connecticut, where she writes while studying martial arts and dance.

You can find Tessa online at https://tessawegert.com, https://www.facebook.com/tessawegertb..., and https://twitter.com/te

Shana Merchant (2 books)
  • Death in the Family (Shana Merchant, #1)