Start by marking “A Spoonful Of Spice (Seasons of Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Spoonful Of Spice (Seasons of Love, #2)

A Spoonful Of Spice

(Seasons of Love #2)

Josh Pepper has one goal: to become the next manager in the IT department. But his career plan gets sidelined when the first woman, bubbly Cin Thomas, joins his team. He now needs to keep everyone from being distracted by her presence, a task that appears easy to accomplish ... until her piercing green eyes start invading his dreams.

This 10,000-word short story is perfect
Kindle Edition
Published April 2020 by 2 Square 2 Be Hip

To ask other readers questions about A Spoonful Of Spice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Spoonful Of Spice

Start your review of A Spoonful Of Spice (Seasons of Love, #2)
Kathy
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
Another cute short story! Perfect for when you just have a few minutes and want something to make you smile.

Content: Clean
Source: Kindle Unlimited
Wulfwyn
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romance is rarely my first choice in reading. It's not my last either. It is a genre that I need to be in the mood for unless something jumps out at me. I was in that stage of reading where I just finished a book I really enjoyed and had no idea what to read next. You know, when you aren't quite ready to leave the world you were in and you are convinced nothing is going to compare. I had gotten this book earlier today and I thought it's a short story. Maybe it will be enough to move me out of th ...more
H.L. Burke
I'm so so so picky about what I'll read for romance. I want real characters, not cardboard people meant to just look pretty. I like real conflict, not made up drama ... and you know, sometimes I'd rather just have a little bit of sweetness instead of drama. This provides that. Sweet with a little bit of humor and a lot of heart.
This is the second of these short romances I've read, and this one was my favorite of the two.
I actually choked up a bit because this charted a very real emotional arc
Romance
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super cute

Short, adorable and refreshing. Good quick read.

I'd like to experience more from this author. Lots of potential and I love geek books
Nadine Keels
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's an IT Boy Meets IT Girl situation when Josh Pepper is chosen to train Cin Thomas, the newbie at Josh's job. But the fact that the two work together in a male-dominated department could ruin their chances at becoming more than coworkers in A Spoonful of Spice by author Liwen Y. Ho.

This is the second short story I've read in the Seasons of Love series, and like the first story, this one is a delight. It gives a nice helping of autumnal charm and the sweetness of an easy and airy romance. I ap
ItaPixie
May 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie, 3-stars
A Spoonful Of Spice was a cute quick read that put a smile on my face.
In a few pages I got attached to Cin and Josh and I'd like to read more about them.

Miranda D.
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Spoonful of Spice is a great short story! Perfect to enjoy in a autumn afternoon. I loved that it was a sweet story but that you still felt the romance between the two characters. My only complaint would be that the ending felt a bit rushed, but it was still very cute and satisfying.
I recommend this book to anyone who likes clean contemporary romance and a quick, easy read. I look forward to reading more from Liwen Ho.

**I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Audrey Rich
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In This Novella Spices Can Mix!

This is such a great novella.

I love the two characters, Cin and Pepper, because their relationship isn't a fast boiling-instant-love but rather a slow, simmering forever type of love.

My only complaint is that it wasn't longer!

If you're interested in a clean romance this is for you.
Camilla Cruz
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A perfect blend of spicy and sweet. An adorable story with lots of little things that made it enjoyable and lovely. Fun characters, quirky details, and an unusual ambience make a rather nice combination. I am still smiling.
Lindi Peterson
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
A Spoonful of Spice: This short story is long on sweet and spicy. Cin and Josh meet at the workplace. Josh is tasked with “training” Cin, who surprises him in more than one way. A perfect quick read that will put a smile on your face and warm your heart. Don’t miss this chance to spice up your day!
S.M. Spencer
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this sweet little story - a well written and fast paced page turner, just right for when you don't want to start a long book.

I received an ARC of this story in exchange for an honest review.
sheila
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute

Definitely short read. She's a bit too perky for me. Lol. He's a typical guy. A girl can't be into computer's or at least, no good at fixing them.
Reads A-Lot
Team Lead, Josh, is being forced to train the new IT girl. Drag! She’s the only girl in a team full of guys, so, naturally, she’s the center of attention. She even captures Josh’s attention, even he’s sworn off women for his technical career.

Life of a techie is not that thrilling, so some of the details were kind of dull. But I sure did admire a girl that could get into the field and prove the boys wrong. Although Josh and Cindy had a lot in common, I really didn’t see them as a couple. They wer
Vedika Sheth
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is very inspiring. Josh grows throughout the story and learns a lot. At first, he puts Cin into a stereotype by believing that she won’t know as much. Then he learns not only is he smart, but she’s also gorgeous, kind and amazing. The story captivated my attention and was fulfilling throughout. It was complete, which many novellas aren’t. I really enjoyed reading this story.

I wrote this voluntary review in exchange for an ARC copy.
Natalie
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another beautiful short read. Liwen has a way of making my heart flutter for these characters. They seem to live and breathe through the very few pages we get to read about them in. That's the only sad thing about reading shorter stories! You want more! But this one was so well put together I can't complain. ...more
Pris
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, kindle, lroa, lrobb
Wow! A Spoonful of Spice just sucked me in and never let go! It was so good! I loved everything in this story, from the names Joshua Pepper and Cinnamon (Cin) Thomas to their jobs (both work in IT's), the season (it's fall, my favorite!), and getting to see this two fall for each other. Ahhh it was the perfect short story. ~ 5 stars and completely recommended! ...more
Kathy
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet short story

Just like the description states, this is a quick read. And a cute one! Anyone in the workplace can appreciate their IT team and their quirks and how necessary they are to our professional lives. They need love too!
Lori
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet romance

It was a light hearted romance story that had a fun storyline and happy ending. The names were fun. The author did a good job of developing the relationship.
Rose Verde
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Aww, it ended to quickly. I was just starting. But I do love it, the happy characters and sassy dialog.
Christina Rose
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: small-town, liked
Sheer wonderful fluff!
Margaret Nelson
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an enjoyable short read by Liwen Ho. I was able to read the first three of the series together, so enjoyed meeting characters again from the earlier books.
Marianne Sciucco
I love short stories, especially ones as well written as this. Such a sweet romance. The setting is unique: the IT department. While reading I stopped to consider how many women I know working in IT and I had to admit not many. It's still a "boy's club," and I'm certain difficult for the women who venture into it. This story is well-paced, although I would have liked to see more of their relationship outside of work. Recommended for those who enjoy short reads on their Kindles and sweet romances ...more
Lisa Rector
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit of spice for you.

I usually prefer stories with a bit more tension. I'd say about 58% of the way through, the setup finally became action. I completely dug the ending. And I loved how the author rolled spice into the story. And an appearance of the two characters from her other short story! Clever.
Overall, this is prefect for an afternoon coffee break. Seriously. How could you not want to read this spoonful of spice?

Clean, fun read.

I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
Ann Marshall
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Need a pick-me-up? A Spoonful of Spice is sure to lift your spirits and put a smile on your face. With engaging characters, descriptive locales, and a touch of romance, this short story leaves you feeling just plain good! - Ann Marshall
Sherri Brown
Marissa
Jan 23, 2017
Stephanie
Jul 27, 2018

• Falling for Your Fake Fiancé (Love Clichés #3)
  • It Could Only Be Tyler (Beachbreak High #2)
  • Falling for my Fake Boyfriend: A Sweet High School Romance
  • Tomboy Crazy for My Brother's Best Friend (Tomboys Like Us Book 2)
  • It Had to be Mason (Beachbreak High #1)
  • Playing the Enemy (The Trouble with Tomboys, #1)
  • Falling for Your Best Friend's Twin (Love Clichés, #1)
  • Me and the Cute Catastrophe (Good Grief, Idaho, #1)
  • Falling for Your Boss (Love Clichés, #2)
  • The Twelve Holidates: a Sweet Christmas RomCom Novella
  • Reforming the Duke  (Regency Matchmakers #2)
  • All That This Entails
  • Courting Miss Penelope
  • Stuck On You
  • The Tomboy & the Movie Star (Jackson High #3)
  • The Accidental Text
  • The Wide Receiver and his Best Friend's Little Sister (The Ballerina Academy #3)
  • Kiss & Tell  (Tanner Family Book 0)
Liwen Y. Ho works as a chauffeur and referee by day (AKA being a stay at home mom) and a writer by night. She writes sweet and inspirational romance infused with heart, humor, and a taste of home (her Asian roots).

In her pre-author life, she received a Masters degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Western Seminary. She loves makeovers of all kinds, especially those of the heart and mind. She

Seasons of Love (4 books)
  • The More the Merrier (Seasons of Love Short Story, #1)
  • Of Buds And Blossoms
  • On Waves Of Wanderlust (Seasons of Love #4)