Start by marking “Not Just Another Interlude” as Want to Read:
Not Just Another Interlude

Not Just Another Interlude

Sewa’s decision to steer her love life in the direction she wants instantly backfires, prompting her to halt her quest for love and focus on other more important things like getting a job. Fate has its own plan and puts her in the path of the man of her dreams, Jide.

Jide isn’t afraid to go after what he wants. Crossing Sewa’s path more than once, he doesn’t leave it up to
Published May 20th 2020 by Love Africa Press

To ask other readers questions about Not Just Another Interlude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Just Another Interlude

Start your review of Not Just Another Interlude
Jite
Jul 18, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5 Stars: Cute, simple Nigerian NA Romance

I don’t read a lot of New Adult Romance as it isn’t usually my preferred type of romance so I was always going to feel like this wasn’t “for me.” That said, this was a cute and really sweet instalove-licious story that felt really contemporary to the young, Nigerian experience.

The premise is that Sewa, a klutzy, go-getting graphic artist literally bumps into Jide, a tech entrepreneur, at a restaurant when she’s having a bad night, and sparks instantly f
Amyn
Sep 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is such a cute romance. I finished it in less than 3 hours. Very paced and light. I need more books like this from Nigerians living in Nigeria😍
Oreoluwa
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a book that belongs to the category of beautifully written, light hearted, even relatable books, Not Just Another Interlude by Lara Kareem is the book you are looking for. ⁣

Not Just Another Interlude is a romance novel set in Nigerian with a confident and "I-know-what-I-want-so-I-am-going-to-get-it" kinda heroine. There are quite a number of things I enjoyed about this book: the female friendships, the relatability (especially when it comes to food and Nigerian mothers &
Yewande Akeredolu
Jun 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Totally enjoyed reading this book! I love the way it was simply written but yet touched a couple of important issues. Ohh and the love story got me blushing and “aww-ing” like a fool 😂
Gbolahan
I have (view spoiler) also. ...more
Lara Kareem
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
If you are into:

- Clumsy, confident & bold heroines
- Superb mother & daughter relationship
- Women friendship that is amazing
- A sweet, cute non-problematic romance
- Owambes

You should order my book: https://larakareem.com/not-just-anoth...
Ernestine
Jul 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Literary Everything
Sep 01, 2020 rated it liked it
It’s always refreshing to read a book based in Nigeria which doesn’t dwell on the socio-economic issues in the country. Not Just Another Interlude is narrated in the first person and is really a personal commentary on the everyday life of the heroine, Sewa. Read the full review https://literaryeverything.com/2020/0... ...more
Diana Anyango
I loved it!

I loved this book because it gives off that girl next door feel. The camaraderie between Sewa and her three friends, her mother and brother is real. It gives also a feel of Nigeria and its food, culture. Sewa's relationship with Jide is also amazing, how it grows and reaches its peak. I recommend this book to all romance lovers!
Uchenna (favourite_igbo_boy)
Sep 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Nigerian contemporary romance read that takes you on the journey of Sewa's love story and life in general.⁣
Has to be as spoilers free as possible.⁣

Not Just Another Interlude was a quick, easy and relatable read that got me cringing to love.⁣
A kind of read that makes you want to cry out and say "I want to relaz and be taken care of too nah".⁣

This book played a major change of narrative for me, on how I look at contemporary romance reads especially set in Nigeria.⁣
It made see that not all roma
Kafui  Tamakloe
Aug 30, 2020 rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading it
Women supporting each other 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Family that got your back🙌🏻🙌🏻
Love unending
Beautiful ending I must say
Estelle
Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I would have loved more conflict , but I guess, the lack of it is what makes it an easy, light-hearted and perfect escape read.
Aisha Oredola
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not Just Another Interlude is an unapologetic romance novel that will put the reader on a seesaw even with its subtleness because you'd be guessing things you shouldn't. In the first Chapter, Sewa, actually makes a move on her 'friend', Lucas and gets rejected but she took it well because she is a woman who would rather define a relationship than be misled. That's the only spoiler I'm letting out because I feel you should read this without much prior knowledge.

In Not Just Another Interlude, ther
Erhu Kome
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you haven't read this book, you should get a copy and do so. It's cute, it's funny, it's full of life and characters that are unforgettable. Lara hit a home run with this one and I can't wait to see more of her books. ...more
Oluwakemi Babalola
Super

Quick, sweet romantic read. If all men could be like Jide, lol! Loved all the characters and how well written the story was. Hope to read many more books from this author.
writeousbaby
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I finally got my hands on this gem of a book, which I am so glad got published because it was an amazing novel and I completely enjoyed reading it, it's a good debut.

This book is all about relationships, putting a positive spin on the main character Sewa's relationship with her family, friends, workplace and boyfriend. I loved to see it.

I found Sewa and Jide's relationship to be very endearing, and so cute, I can't wait to meet my own Jide Harriman. I loved Sewa's relationship with her mum, whic
Love Africa Book Club
Not Just Another Interlude is a feel-good contemporary romance that celebrates positive friendships and sisterhood while delivering on a sweet love story. This is a new author to check out from the staples of Love Africa Press.
Bibliophile nemo
Jyvur Entropy
May 23, 2020

• A Broken People's Playlist
  • The Mechanics of Yenagoa
  • Memoirs of a 'Lazy Korfa'
  • His Only Wife
  • BIRDSONG
  • Ties That Tether
  • windows
  • A Girl Is a Body of Water
  • Destiny Awakened (Destiny, #4)
  • Zikora
  • Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of Orïsha, #2)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Mayhem
Lara Tommy Kareem is a literary publicist, editor, enthusiast and blogger based in Lagos, Nigeria. She is the author of A Guide to Self-Publishing and Not Just Another Interlude a romance novel.

News & Interviews