Start by marking “Faking Under the Mistletoe” as Want to Read:
Faking Under the Mistletoe

Faking Under the Mistletoe

Olivia Langley is the human embodiment of Christmas cheer, and she has absolutely no problem spreading it around for all to hear.

Christmas sweaters? She has twenty. Christmas cookies? She’ll take three dozen. Christmas movies? Yeah, she’s seen them all.

So it’s no surprise when she’s put in charge of Loveridge & McGowan’s holiday festivities. Secret Santas? Yep. Ice skatin
Published November 8th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Faking Under the Mistletoe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faking Under the Mistletoe

Start your review of Faking Under the Mistletoe
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
My first Christmas book of the year and it was a fun one! Witty, snarky, Christmas...umm yes please! I finally met someone that likes Christmas more than me....Olivia...this girl knows how to do Christmas!

Olivia is a social media intern..she has a knack for organizing social events for the office and oh does she ever! I have never, ever spoken to my boss the way Olivia speaks to Asher but hey..I have never been in a rom-com. Asher and Olivia have a flirty, love-hate relationship that turns into
preoccupiedbybooks
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
A cute and sexy, feel good, festive romcom!

Olivia the Queen of Christmas, starts fake dating her grumpy boss Asher, to make his ex girlfriend jealous, except that backfires big time in several ways!

I absolutely inhaled this Christmassy book, and it's obvious why, when it has:
🎄Fake dating,
🎄A slow burn office romance,
🎄A grumpy love interest with a secret heart of gold,
🎄Christmas overload

It took me a minute to warm up to Olivia, but then she snuck into my heart, and I ended up loving that strong, k
Corina
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS FROM ME TO YOU
10 CHRISTMAS ROMANCE NOVELS TO READ THIS YEAR

___________________________________

So this was a real gem of a book. A pleasant surprise in every way.

New author for me, and a word to mouth recommendation via IG. It was a delightful Christmas novel I didn't even know I needed until I read it. And of course some fantastic writing.

It ended up being a 5 star for the first half of the book, with funny and witty banter, an amazing couple, him grumpy, and her loving to p
Feb 03, 2021 rated it liked it
I meant to read this last December but I was so lazy and in a deep reading slump, I just couldn’t but I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this story.

It was a solid romance and I think a lot of people can love this but if there was just one critic, it’d be the lack of feeling it evoked in me. Like, while I was reading the paragraphs I was pretty much “dude, this is good. I could be crying right now over this” but just before it grabbed me by the throat, it weakened.

But I did like it a lot and t
Aoife - Bookish_Babbling
Fab festive Fran suggested read, she gives the best romcom recommendations - equal parts fun, flirty & fulfilling storytelling 🤩

Ok that's enough "F" alliteration for now 😅
I was a little apprehensive picking this up as I'm typically quite grinch'like when it comes to forced Christmas cheer/themed things but this was just the right read at the right time.
I wasn't sure if I'd warm to Olivia at first as she seemed a little caricature'y/naive but that was who she wanted us to see and as we got to kno
;3
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
olivia langley queen of my heart ❤️❤️❤️☺️
ABookwormWithWine
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 5

Faking Under the Mistletoe by Ashley Shepherd is just the book I needed right now, both because I read it after a book I didn't love, and also because it is the perfect romcom worthy Christmas book!

Olivia is such a great character and I seriously loved her. This book is just begging to be on the Hallmark Channel and I really want it to get made into a movie! Faking Under the Mistletoe made me laugh so much, but it wasn't a shallow book and had a lot of depth plus a handful of momen
Susan Z
Dec 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In typical Rom-Com fashion, we have a grumpy guy, Asher, and a kind joyful lovely gal, Olivia. Comedy ensues when Olivia pretends to be Asher's girlfriend in front of his ex. Asher wants no part of this plan, but the train has left the station, and he is on board for the duration, like it or not.

This book is a perfect Rom-Com. It has attraction, desire, tension and hilarity. In my opinion, many Rom-Coms don't get it right. They forget about the comedy, they miss character development or they gl
jordane
i think this is the CUTEST book i’ve ever read
konstantina
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Damn!!! This must be one of the best books I've read this year, I never realized how much I needed Olivia and Asher in my life until now especially Olivia, she's the mother I've never had, the sister everyone would want and the friend everybody deserves, I don't know a better person. You just have to read this book before 2019 it's over!!!! ...more
Emma
Dec 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trigger warning: sexual assault

You guyssss, this book was such a good Christmas romance! I picked this up on a whim because I wanted to read something festive and it did not disappoint. It's an office romance with a fake relationship trope. Olivia's joy for everything relating to Christmas is what I live for, I could totally relate to that.
This novel also deals with serious topics, so please read the trigger warnings before going into it.
I really wish this book was longer, I would have gladly
Eleni Ouzouni (Life is Art)
This book has everything I want --> Fake dating, Christmas vibe, enemies to lovers and good chemistry between the couple! 🥰🎄💕

Perfect choice for the holiday season!
kelly ♥
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
↠ ★★★★ / out of five

this was so cute and funny and felt like a nice cup of hot chocolate on a cold day.

fake dating is one of my FAVOURITE tropes and i love how it is done in this book! it all felt very straightforward, which you don't really see in romance novels, but absolutely fit with the characters of olivia and asher in this book. my GOD was olivia so much fun to read - witty, passionate, unafraid to take a stand. i loved her

i was also very pleasantly surprised by the way sexual assault was
susana ♡
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
how am i supposed to live without knowing what olivia and asher do on a daily basis huh
Izzy ♡ boom, boom, fucking boom
4.5

This book was...everything I was looking for in the moment. It has a sweet, funny romance, a hero and heroine that I won't soon be forgetting, side characters and friendships that snuck up on me (So many strong female characters aaaaah. I would love to see more of Joey!!!!!) and the plot went somewhere I didn't expect it to go. But the best part of this book for me was, without a doubt, Olivia freaking Langley. She...she is so. freaking. weird - but in the best way possible. She was just a
Romie
I started this book because I needed to read something that would make me smile and ended up not being able to put the book down until I was done. it was soft, it was ridiculously cheesy and full of those christmas movies' tropes you say you hate but deep down love, and it was exactly what I needed. I loved Olivia, I loved Asher, I loved the way this book showed female friendship and handled about sexual assault. my only complaint if I can really call it that, is that I'd have loved to get a dua ...more
Melissa
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I stayed up all night to finish this book. Seriously. I read until 2:30 ... and I have to wake up every day at 4:30!!! I haven't stayed up to read a book in ages, so I have to give this five stars. I really, really enjoyed it. Even though there may be some issues with the story I just got immersed in the plot and the characters, and I didn't want to put the book down until I saw the beginnings of a happily ever after.

This book began with almost a holiday rom-com feel and then half-way through t
Sophia
Dec 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating 3.65 stars.
I liked the overall story well enough. The hate banter between Olivia and Asher was great. And it was smooth when the banter slowly turned into something more teasing.

I enjoyed the fact that it wasn’t just a story about a couple getting together. There were serious topics woven into this story that made it feel real.

I wasn’t too sure how I felt about Olivia falling for her boss, Asher. I will say, she did initiate it. Even when he was really rude to her. And insulted
Jacob Proffitt
Dec 30, 2019 marked it as unfinished  ·  review of another edition
I found this very engaging with some awesome banter and a heroine I just adore. Olivia works hard, cares a lot, and does her best to take care of those in her orbit. She's a bit pushy with her boss, but there are enough hints of his secret appreciation that I didn't worry about it too much. So she's lovely and I was extremely engaged with her. Which is the problem and why I can't continue.

I'm at 47% and I've read enough reviews that say there's a tone shift around halfway and that it involves se
shre ♡
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
*3.5-4 stars*

aside from a few minor annoyances, t’was a cute book!
Nana
Dec 09, 2020 rated it did not like it
I loved that cover, and I thought it would also be an adorable romance of enemies to lovers, fake relationship, and all the cliché things that although I have read in other books, I thought I would enjoy and more if it had Christmas vibes.

The premise sounded good for me to like. A girl who loves Christmas and of course a boss who is a Grinch and hates it. They will pretend to be boyfriends to make their ex-girlfriend jealous and I think we already know a lot about what will happen next, lol.

But
Laura • lauralovestoread
I loved this book so much! I was looking for that quintessential festive read, and this was exactly what I wanted! A little holiday cheer, a little steam, and one of my favorite enemies to lovers tropes.

Olivia and Asher have that perfect angsty attraction to one another, and I loved her confidence and Asher’s grinch-like soft side once the hard exterior melted away.

*Thank you to the author, Ashley Shepherd for the free digital copy for review.
☆ sana ☆
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
tw: sexual assault in chapter 12

this was SO SO cute and just the kind of holiday book i wanted to read this month. if you like:

- fake dating
- slow burn
- office romance
- hate to love
- hilarious banter

then this book is for you. i love adult books with non-alpha male love interests and loud and brash female characters in them and that's exactly what this book provided me with. i'm so happy i read this!
julia ♥
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The hating game but make it christmas
che
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-favorites
i love them <3

2nd read ~ petition to get this a better cover
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Mini review for once.

Olivia really made me think of the heroine of Me Before You. She was bubbly, upbeat and decided to see the glass half full. Wearing ugly Christmas sweaters, going ice skating, smiling, smiling, always smiling.
That girl really LOVES Christmas. And this is the understatement of the year!

I confess that at the beginning I was quite undecided if I loved her or not as she comes at you full force with her will to make Christmas so great at the office. She looked like an overeager p
Jen | mamajustwantstoread
This is so cute and funny. It’s silly while also being emotional. Olivia is such a great character, she’s sweet, boisterous, and loves to push the hero’s buttons. Meanwhile the hero, Asher is as grumpy as they come. But I think that’s also why you love him and when he softens a bit it feels well won.

Read this if you like:
• The Hating Game
• Grumpy / Sunshine
• A sex positive Heroine who also loves to eat
• Broody Hero
• Christmas in NYC

Looking forward to reading more from this author!

TW: brief men
MaryGrace
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this. Just wish there was a little more payoff for everything we've been put through. Thanks Tara for your glowing review that got me to pick this up.

I honestly think more people need to read this book . At this present moment there are 111 ratings and 33 reviews. That's all! But it was so good. I don't even like Christmas novels, but even if you don't like them, or you don't celebrate Christmas, I still recommend this book to everyone. I'm going to be shoving it down everyone's throat fo
Emmy
If you're looking for a light holiday read, this book....may not be it. The first half reads that way (and if you can get past the fact that Olivia continuously behaves inappropriately with her boss and he actively seems to dislike her and her behavior, you may enjoy it), but then the second half becomes kind of angsty and all about sexual assault and harassment (which is ironic since Olivia practically sexually harasses her boss in the first half). So this was kind of uneven, and it didn't help ...more

• Jingle Wars
  • Let It Snow
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas
  • The Ex Talk
  • Shipped
  • In a Holidaze
  • The Off Limits Rule (It Happened in Nashville, #1)
  • Ever After Always (Bergman Brothers, #3)
  • Forever Wild (The Simple Wild, #2.5)
  • The Enemy (It Happened in Charleston, #2)
  • How to Fail at Flirting
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • Only When It's Us (Bergman Brothers, #1)
  • The Roommate
  • Always Only You (Bergman Brothers, #2)
  • The Christmas Pact
  • The Match (It Happened in Charleston, #1)
  • Mistletoe and Mr. Right (Moose Springs, Alaska #2)
Ashley Shepherd lives in Boston where she is a full-time French toast bagel connoisseur. When she’s not writing or daydreaming about being in Disney World, she’s baking (mostly cupcakes), watching TV reruns (mostly Friends), and shopping (mostly at Target). Her debut novel, The Fine Art of Losing Control, will be published on October 7, 2019.

Faking Under the Mistletoe is out on November 8th, 2019

P

News & Interviews

“I think he caught The Feelings too. They’re very contagious. Sort of like the plague, but with less death and more boob touching.” 1 likes
“When do I get accused of murdering you? Because I won’t even try to deny it. I’ll walk into the courtroom and say you’re welcome.” “You would be very lonely without me.” “I would definitely have to buy less Tylenol.” 0 likes