Start by marking “Powerful Bastard (Cocky Hero Club)” as Want to Read:
Powerful Bastard (Cocky Hero Club)

Powerful Bastard

(Cocky Hero Club)

A BASTARD YOU WILL LOVE TO HATE

Melody

“Excuse me, sir, I know this sounds strange, but can I buy that bagel from you?”
I didn’t know at the time that one simple question would change my life irrevocably.
Not to mention the tall, dark, and handsome stranger that came with it.
As a struggling musician in New York, I’d take all the help I could get.
But I wondered at what price?
Published July 19th 2020 by Cocky Hero Club, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Powerful Bastard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Powerful Bastard

Start your review of Powerful Bastard (Cocky Hero Club)
SimplyƝì₭
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it

A sexy installment in the Cocky Hero Club. When opposites attract fireworks start to happen.

Powerful Bastard by ZN Willett

A BASTARD YOU WILL LOVE TO HATE

(view spoiler)
Michele McMullen
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I am so enjoying this Cocky Hero Club. I am discovering so many new to me authors that are wowing me with their characters and their imagination. Powerful Bastard has a wonderfully funny met cute and such engaging characters. Melody and Ben are opposites on the verge of a collision as they met in the corner bagel shop. Neither one wants to admit that the encounter intrigues them but the pull is powerful . I devoured their story.
Melody is unique, sassy, driven and a talented street performer tha
Becky Burrier
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it

Melody- aspiring song writer and singer. A soul looking for its place. Sees the best in the world. Is a 100% herself all the time.

Bentley (Ben)- Weighed down in his life by family expectations. A caretaker and provider. Everyone he loves he in someway protects and cares for them.

Powerful Bastard had one of the best meet cutes I have read in a minute. It was so funny! It set the feels for this book for sure. Powerful Bastard takes place in the Stuck Suit Realm, but Graham has very few appearanc
Barbara
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I found this to be a well written, fun sexy read with characters that seemed to fit their parts. Melody is a sassy independent woman who is also a struggling singer/songwriter. Between singing in a coffee shop and playing on the street for tips, she is barely scraping by. But she is doing what she loves and she’s pretty darn good at it. She meets a sexy, arrogant stranger, Ben, at the Bagel shop and their interactions leave them both with lingering thoughts of the other.

Ben is a powerful cocky
Andi Isack
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
The poor girl and the rich guy. Thats the highlight of this story. If you have read 50 shades, he has the same vibe ( except the kinky stuff). The plot is a little too predictable. I mean what happened when the rich guy is dawn on this gorgeous and talented but poor girl? He became her " prince charming".make real her dream, giving her a real fairytale. Ok maybe it's not a classic fairytale, but a modern one, where, Ben the "prince" is an alpha, arrogant bastard also billionaire.
Now, the romanti
Siobhan
Jul 10, 2020 rated it did not like it
Powerful Bastard is another case of ‘it’s me, not the book’. I’m finding with the Cocky Hero Club there are some books that I’m really enjoying, and others that do not work for me. Such is going to be the case with there being so much variety, but that does not mean everyone will feel the same way towards this one.

My biggest problem with this one was how difficult I found it to believe the actions of the characters. I know we’re supposed to suspend belief when reading, but I could not get behind
Ann-Maree Howarth
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great story by a new to me author that had me happy all afternoon. It was full of humour and I loved Melody and Ben they had their ups and downs throughout the book. I would have preferred the book to be a bit longer I felt at times we could have learnt more about these great characters with a bit more time.
Corrinne
Jul 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Powerful bastard was a good quick read it kept me entertained. I liked the beginning of how they met and interacted. I was expecting a bit more drama with the ex and was a bit disappointed and I would of loved a bigger epilogue - I love epilogues and would of liked a bit more info of them to read of what happens with them.
But a good read to read.

I voluntary reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
Tilya Eloff
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to the cocky hero world. I enjoyed the sweet fast read. Love me a good possessive alpha male and sweet but feisty women to tame him.
Lauren Hutchinson
Jul 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Although I enjoyed reading this story it was missing something to give it that extra wow factor. I can't say I absolutely loved it however it was ok and overall not a bad read. ...more
Kari Hansen
Jul 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
All Melody wants is to make a career in music, but she hasn’t had the success she would like so in the interim she has a part-time engagement at a bar as well as a street performer. Her life is further complicated by a past that refuses to stay where it belongs.

Ben is a powerful man with a lot of family secrets. From their first meeting he is intrigued by Melody even if they didn’t get off to a great start. He offers to introduce her to some important people in the music industry and that is wh
Tash
Jul 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book will divide readers because the hero in this book Ben is truly cocky and does some things that readers hate or love.
Personally I loved him even though Melody at times had enough of him. He command the scene and knew how to handle things when things got rough. He was possessive of the woman who knew how to get under his skin and played him at his own game.

Melody is struggling to make ends met and she is force to do anything with her music for a dollar and it means crashing into Ben's w
Cheryl O'Harney
Jul 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Melody may be a struggling singer/songwriter, singing in a coffee shop and busking on street corners for tips whilst barely scraping by, but she’s a happy soul who loves what she doing and she does it good. She comes across an arrogant, sexy stranger whilst she’s in the bagel shop and their interactions over a certain bagel leave a lasting impression on them both.

Sexy stranger in question is Ben a man that’s used to getting what he wants in life, both personally and professionally. He’s the comp
Isha Coleman
Jul 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
The guy we love to have, could be the most misunderstood man I've come across. Love him or hate him, Bentley proves to be a showstopper. Willett makes a lasting impression with a not so nice heartbreaker. ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
This is my first read by this author but it certainly won’t be my last as it’s a great read.

Bentley and Melody are complete opposites. They lead totally different lives. One question changes everything for both of them.

I found this to be a nice, easy, quick read which is exactly what I needed. Will definitely be reading more from this author in the future.
Angel Rodriquez
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: must-read
Melody and Ben are such a fun couple. I really enjoyed this book it's a fun and easy read. It had me laughing from the first encounter at the bagel store when Ben aka "Bently" purchased the last bagel that Melody aka "songbird" wanted. This really was a refreshing read and I'm already looking forward to reading more from ZN Willett. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I recommend it!

I received this book as an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Pimm Cullen
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Chrystal M Delgado
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was a quick and enjoyable read. Although it did take me longer to read just because of life. It was engaging from the beginning and I loved getting to know Ben and Melody. I was left with some unanswered questions, but overall, I liked the story and look forward to reading more by the author.
Sandie Chraponski
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All Melody needed was a bagel, but from the moment Ben saw her he wanted that bagel and more.

Melody is a beautiful singer/songwriter trying to make it in New York, Ben is a billionaire with the connections to make that happen for her.

What starts out as a fun couple of dates, turns into a whirlwind romance for the two characters. With some drama, some love and more than a few steamy moments you will fall for these two people too.
Ri
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was definitely engaging from the start. I enjoyed getting to know Ben and his songbird. I wasn't sure where the story was going to go but I enjoyed the ride in getting there. I will admit, that it was more intriguing in the beginning than at the end. I didn't understand why Ben needed to be a part of the story. That being said, anyone that needs an easy summer read, will enjoy this story that has dynamic characters and a quest for finding the one that gives you purpose.

Looking forward
Stacy Curiale
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a fun read, I love Melody and Ben. Their first meeting had me laughing. If you are looking for a sweet fun quick read this is the book for you!
Michelle
Jun 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
First book I have read by this author and it will not be my last, Powerful Bastard is a great addition to the Cocky Hero Club Collection.

Bentley aka Ben is a powerful man who has been burned in the past, has hidden secrets and shares with only a few.

Melody aka Songbird - Is a down to earth sassy girl, who also has a past following her, will she fall for the charms of a powerful man ?

Lovers of romance with some twists & turns this is a must one click for you.
Monica
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read and an enjoyable story.

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.
The book starts off really well. They meet at a bagel shop where Ben is with his friend picking up bagels. He decides to buy the last everything bagel, which is apparently the popular item at this bagel shop. Melody begs him to let her buy it and explains why she needs the bagel. He toys with her, making her think he's considering selling it to her only to take a bite out of it to be a jerk. I enjoyed the banter between Melody and Bentley aka Ben. Melody doesn't take any crap off of Ben and lets ...more
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
4 stars

Powerful Bastard is one of the latest additions to the Cocky Hero Club, this one is inspired by Stuck Up Suit.

Melody is an aspiring singer songwriter trying to find the right ears to advance her career while singing on random streets and bars of New York. She goes to some interesting lengths to procure the right street corners for her sets, including bribing street vendors for their spots but first she has to convince the hottest, cockiest guy on the planet to give up the goods.

Ben Schill

@givemebookspr @cockyheroclub
🌺
Powerful Bastard - Z.N. Willet @zn.willett
🌺
It all starts because of one bagel 🥯...
Melody the singer songwriter that tries to get her name out..
Ben who is rich but working hard..
🦋
My notes 📝; smutty scenes, a lot of bantering / chemistry between main characters, straightforward storyline, good read, could have used an bit more excitement 🤗
But overall an lovely book to read 📖.
🦋
Blurb;

A BASTARD YOU WILL LOVE TO HATEMelody"Excuse me, sir, I
United Indie Book Blog
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I've volunteered this book for United Indie Book Blog. This is my first time reading a book form ZN Willett. This story is about Bentley and Melody. This is another awesome book in the Cocky Hero Club series. Melody is an aspiring song writer and singer, who is looking to get her shot in the music industry. Bentley is a powerful man with a lot of family secrets. They first met when Bentley brought the last of the bagel and Melody wanted that one too. Bentley knew that he had and wanted more ...more
Jackie Wright
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars for Powerful Bastard (A Cocky Hero Club Novel)
This Cocky Hero Club is introducing so many talented new authors to me and ZN Willett is yet another author I need to track down their previous works because if Powerful Bastard is anything to go by I will love other books by this very talented author.
Melody is a struggling singer/song writer trying to find her break, she is a strong, sassy independent woman who sees the best in everyone and the world.
Bentley(Ben) is a powerful cocky guy
Carey S.
Jul 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Ben Schilling is a wealthy jerk when we meet him initially. Melody is an indie singer/songwriter who busks on street corners for tips. She’s trying to meet the right people who can help her, but she’s not having a lot of luck. Ben likes what he sees, and figures she’s good for a few nights of entertainment. She turns him down flat. She reconsiders his offer after a bit, but he’s nowhere to be found.

Parts of this book were intriguing, but there were parts that added nothing. Why was the part abou
« previous 1 3 next »

• Risky Rockstar
  • Heartless Bastard (Rich Ruthless Bastards, #1; Cocky Hero Club)
  • Ex-Rated Gigolo
  • Tattooed Troublemaker
  • Bossy Baller: A Hero Club Novel
  • Arrogant Single Dad
  • Piece by Piece (The Riggins Brothers #2)
  • Cocky Savior
  • The Guy in the Window
  • British Black Sheep
  • In Five Years
  • Trillion
  • Gent (#BitterSweetHeat, #1)
  • Restrictions (The Sterlings #2)
  • Kickstart My Heart (Burgers and Brew Crüe  #1)
  • Play by Play (Riggings Brothers, #0.5)
  • Layer by Layer (Riggins Brothers #1)
  • Waiting for Forever (Hope Valley, #8)
Bestselling author ZN Willett started sharing her first contemporary romance, The Trouble with Dating a Movie Star, online. Receiving an overwhelming response of over 2 million reads, she created the Red Carpet Series. The Red Carpet Series showcased a unique perspective spotlighting Hollywood from the inside. ZN enjoys creating diverse heroines who are strong, intelligent and true to themselves. ...more

Cocky Hero Club (1 - 10 of 156 books)
  • Cocky Delight
  • Park Avenue Princess (Cocky Hero Club)
  • British Big-Shot (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Magnetic Medic
  • Hotshot Deceiver (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Dirty Player (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Cocky Duke (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Bloodthirsty Bastard (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Mister Manhattan (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Mister Stand-In (Cocky Hero Club)