Start by marking “Crazy Heifer (The Valentine Boys #2)” as Want to Read:
Crazy Heifer (The Valentine Boys #2)

Crazy Heifer

(The Valentine Boys #2)

I fell in love with his rope skills. I stayed because somehow he took hold of my heart and made it his.

Callum Valentine didn’t mean to eavesdrop. Then again? When a man is calling a woman fat right in front of your table, it’s kind of hard not to intervene. Especially when the town’s most beautiful creature ever is the one being called fat.

Desi just wants to be left al
Published February 25th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Crazy Heifer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crazy Heifer

Start your review of Crazy Heifer (The Valentine Boys #2)
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved Callum and Desi. Callum wasn’t a man to stand by and watch as a lady was mistreated so he won me over pretty quickly. Desi had her insecurities but in the end she chose to love and accept herself and open her heart to another.

I liked the chemistry between these two. Especially how unimpeded and honest Callum was with his tastes. Their intimacy was hot.🔥Scorching! Their development was progressive and executed well.

The writing was distinct LLV and contained all the crazy hilarious antic
Carmen Rae
So these Valentine Boys are freaking awesome. I really liked Ace and Codie in Herd that but I think Desi and Callum beat them out in Crazy Heifer. Or maybe it’s just that there was a little more going on with Desi’s acehole ex and all the boys wanted in on the action so we saw a whole lot more of the brothers. And oh man the brothers. And the nephews, can I just say, are shaping up to be just as solid men as their father and uncles.

So Desi we already kind of knew from Herd That, being as she wa
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: February 25, 2020
Actual Rating: 4 stars

Contemporary Romance | Series of Standalone Books

Lani Lynn Vale is a new to me author. I knew that this particular series would be a great place for me to start because I have a thing for cowboys. While this book didn’t scream cowboy romance (the only sense I got for a cowboy was Callum’s kind manners and the photo of him on this cover) I did find the story to be lighthearted and heartwarming. I needed something like this for sure becaus
Ivy Deluca
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: _arc-reads, bbw
description
The Sitch
Callum is eating at a diner when Desi’s horrid, horrid ex decides to call her names and basically act like an asshat. Callum stands up for her, and pretends to be her boyfriend. They are drawn together to prep for a race that Desi signed up for as a way to lose weight and thumb her nose at her ex. Cal and Desi grow closer, and yep, romance happens.
The Good
Ms. Vale has a distinctive voice and I think she excels in writing family and friendships. Those scenes are my favorite. I like that
Gi's Spot Reviews
5 ‘You’ve Got Me’ Stars

ABSOLUTELY SUPERB!!! Oh my stars, this book! This woman! This MAN!!! How is it possible to fall in love so hard with this Valentine boys?! Crazy Heifer is intensely addictive and so overwhelmingly fulfilling, that I’m sure all the emotions, all the heartwarming feelings will stay for DAYS, and weeks with me! I’m utterly enchanted with Callum and Desi! So. Freaking. GOOD!!!

I knew going it, from the first book in the series, that the Callum and Desi’s story would be incredi
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
The Valentine men will steal your heart!

Desi is recently divorced and is constantly taunted by her ex and his new woman any time she runs into them.   Lucky for her Callum Valentine was nearby for the most recent event.  Callum didn’t like seeing a woman being bullied and humiliated and stepped in to help out. Callum soon finds out he can’t stop thinking about Desi and decides to win her heart.

Desi is attracted to Callum but after a tense divorce and continued harassment from his ex she has her
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Hero has a especial thing for redheads, the sister was a redhead when she was a baby.. not that he’s into the sister but I’d think redheads would be the last woman he’d be into.

Let me be clear, I’m just saying that I think redheads would the least hair colored women he would be into. I don’t want certain “someone” saying I misconstrued the words. I know very well he’s not into his sister. Ok? Ok..

“had a special thing for redheads. My sister was a redhead when she was a baby. Not that I had a th
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5

Loved that he loved her for her size! He saw beauty in her as she was. I did expect more of a push/pull based on how her ex treated her and how their marriage ended BUT I can understand why she didn't put up much fight because he never gave her a reason to doubt him.
Ruth’s Romances
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️”Jesus Christ, but she was beautiful. Even pissed as hell, she did it for me.”
Callum intervenes when he hears a woman being called fat in front of his table. Desi just wants to be left alone after her divorce. But her ex continues to make her miserable. Callum claims her as his and their game turns into more and boundaries are crossed they didn’t see coming.✨
If you love:
•Cowboy Romance
•Quick, easy reads
•Steamy scenes
•Light on drama
•Dual POV
Then this is the book for you!✨
I’m really di
phoebess
Jun 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
I loved Desi and Callum in Crazy Heifer, they were both charming and funny. And they just clicked with me from the beginning.

What I didn’t care about was her ex-husband and all those hints about him learning the lesson, changing his ways in the future and most likely becoming a good guy. Don’t know if I would want to read a book about him, to be honest. All that fat-shaming turned me off very quickly.
Lisa Mandina
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have become a fan of this author lately, and while normally I’m not much of a western romance reader, this one grabbed me with the synopsis and the snarky title. I have read a few more lately set in this kind of a setting, and so far I’ve enjoyed them for the most part. Now I have to say that something I do really like about this author is the way she writes her stories. It is a little different to me than other romances, in that we kind of go along just like life is. We don’t necessarily get ...more
Reigne
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
My favorite so far.. 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍
I love Desi and Callum and definitely love Malloy! ❤️
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

Crazy Heifer delivers the next Valentine boy, Callum! I love that he swooped in to save our heroine from her super douche-y ex. He didn't even hesitate. After that, he quickly admitted he had feelings for her and continued to be her white knight.

Desi has a horrid ex and his new girlfriend is a wretched, hateful woman. So, they are perfect for each other, but they are brutal to Desi. Callum jumps right in when he sees them bullying her. Hello white knight! One minor issue I had with the sto
Stephanie
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one more than the first but I still skimmed towards the end. 3.5 stars
Stephaniec
Jun 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5* Enjoyable - the ex was a bit of a mystery and over the top "bad guy" but Callum and Desi were adorable
These are a light, easy read
Kodie Mackay
First off this title is everything. I mean I've never met a more creative author when it comes to naming books that Lani Lynn Vale. Also I love the word heifer. It's one of those words that makes me laugh every damn time.

I mean just give me a man who's going to defend my honour before he's even my man. Lord have mercy Callum just got it right in all the best ways.

Desi is just going through a shift fest of epic proportions and near her witts end when Callum comes barrelling to her defence at the
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
description
Steamy with all the feels…

THIS! THIS STORY! This is why I love this author’s stories. Romance with humour, heart and family. One person loving another through it all – offering a shoulder to cry on and a giddy-up let’s roll when heads need knocking. Down to earth people who you sympathize with, cry and laugh with. And above all, love.

If you’ve read Herd That than the premise of this story is already known. And probably couldn’t wait to pounce on Desi and Callum’s story (just like me). Desi was d
Julie
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved Desi and Callum. They meet in a restaurant where Desi’s ex and his fiancé are trying their hardest to be a mean as possible to her and make her life hell. Callum thinks Desi is a beautiful woman and her ex must have been crazy to let her go and decides to help her even the score with her ex.

Desi’s husband had been cruel to her and her self worth had been badly damaged. Callum was determined to build her back up again by helping her work out for the race.

Another excellent addition to the
Heather andrews
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Callum is real appreciative of his woman's attributes, “baby,” he said, his hands finally coming up to cup the heavy weights in his hand. “These things are lethal weapons. I never would’ve thought you could’ve fit all that gloriousness in that bra, but damn. You did a wonderful job.” Callum is a very touchy, feely man, "he pulled me in and laid a hot, wet kiss onto my lips before slapping my ***. “Something light.” I liked this book, I loved Callum.
Kim  Brewing
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
love the family that Desi found in this story, too bad she lost one important friend.
Nina Wallace
Jun 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

Y’all I’m seriously LOVING this series.
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I do love these Valentine Men.
Wickedly  Romance
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.I loved Desi! I really did! This poor girl has the ex from Hades but she refuses to give in to him. I would have punched him in the face. So many times in this book book would I have punched him in the face. He really got on my nerves. Desi is full figured and doing her best to get fit enough to run a marathon. I am currently in that same position so I can relat ...more
Romance Schmomance (Malia)
Okay, don't get me wrong, I'm an absolute fan of Lani's book and every single one has been devourable. I did enjoy this one quite a bit, but I didn't quite connect with it like I hoped. I've loved getting to know the Valentine brothers a lot and am definitely looking forward to the next one.

Desi's ex was the absolute worst! I truly liked Desi, but I wasn't really a fan of how often she was saved by Callum. As I kept reading through the book, the more it happened, the more it just wasn't sitting
Rebecca
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
From the moment Callum Valentine stepped in and put the heroine’s arrogant prick of an ex in his place, I was 100% Team Callum and ready to see what he was prepared to do to claim Desi as his own, for real, not just to prove to Desi’s ex that she is beautiful inside and out and he let go of an amazing woman for a witchy gold digger. And the fact that her ex-husband seemed to want to embarrass and belittle her anywhere and everywhere he could, I was ready for that lying, cheating and all-around d ...more
Red Cheeks Reads
5 SMOOCHES!

I’m really enjoying Lani Lynn Vale’s Valentine Boys series. I’ve read all of her books, I know all the back stories, and I’ve been waiting for these characters’ stories to be told for a long time. The Valentines have a tragic history, and of all Vale’s characters, it’s very rewarding to see these boys get their happily ever afters.

Crazy Heifer pairs Desi, a newly divorced woman finding herself after an awful marriage to an unfaithful, narcissistic man. Her ex is horrible, and he seems
Darcy
Mar 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book, 2020, romance
This one was fun to read. I liked that Callum stood up for Desi from the moment he saw her and how smitten he was, how he did what he could to be around her. Desi had some big issues to work through so this was the perfect approach. Watching Callum and Desi get to know each other was great! Every time Desi ran into her ex, Callum and his family was there to support her, something she desparately needed.

The ending to this one was perfect! Loved that Desi showed her ex that kindness always won an
Brandi
Dare I say I liked this book more than the first one in the series..? I feel like I'm cheating on Ace but Callum was just so... *le sigh* Damn, I adore those Valentine boys!

Desi & Callum (heck, the whole extended family) were great together. Loved how authentic they all were & how they banned together to protect Desi from her jerk-face ex & his stanky side dish.

Excited to get my hands on book three in the series, Chute Yeah. Going on what I know of from Crazy Heifer, Candy & Banks will set the
Renee Entress
Shelves: arc, series, cowboys, read-2020
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, pain, secrets, and heartbreak.

Before reading this story please read the below books first
Herd That (The Valentine Boys #1)

This is Desi and Callum's story. If you read Double Tap you have met the Valentine family and know their history. If not, you also get it in this story. Callum wants Desi but knows he had a bad marriage and is not looking for anything. They fall into a friendship. But with her ex being a nuisance he steps up and
Renita McKinney
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love people that are different. Those that march to the beat of their own drummer. Lani Lynn does that on two accounts. First, her writing is sooo good and sooo not the norm. Her characters march to the beat of their own drummers as well.

I think I love Callum Valentine, actually, I know I do. First of all the way he stands up when someone is being fat-shamed by their ex just made me melt ( I am a full-figured woman and I own it). He’s a strong man, he’s a kind man, he’s a family man, but he’s
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• A Lovely Obsession (Debt of Passion Duet, #1)
  • Flame (Web of Desire, #2)
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Creeping Beautiful (Creeping Beautiful, #1)
  • Sex and Other Shiny Objects (Boyfriend Material #2)
  • Set Up (Taking Chances #1)
  • One-Eighty (Westover Prep, #1)
  • Confessions of a Naughty Nanny (The Baileys #6)
  • Great and Precious Things
  • You're The One
  • No Strings Attached
  • Until Talon (Until Her/Him #9)
  • Spark (Web of Desire, #1)
  • Wait for Me
  • Thick & Thin (Chubby Girl Chronicles #3)
  • The Setup (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Fashion Jungle
  • Insolent
Lani Lynn Vale is married to the love of her life that she met in high school. She fell in love with him because he was wearing baseball pants. Ten years later they have three perfectly crazy children and a cat named Demon who likes to wake her up at ungodly times in the night. They live in the greatest state in the world, Texas. She writes contemporary and romantic suspense, and has a love for al ...more

The Valentine Boys (4 books)
  • Herd That (The Valentine Boys #1)
  • Chute Yeah (The Valentine Boys, #3)
  • Get Bucked (The Valentine Boys #4)