Start by marking “Herd That (The Valentine Boys #1)” as Want to Read:
Herd That (The Valentine Boys #1)

Herd That

(The Valentine Boys #1)

His Wranglers fit him like a glove. A really tight, leaving nothing to the imagination, glove. Codie wants nothing more than to shove that Wrangler-covered butt straight into the mud.

Ace Valentine has a smart mouth, a devil-may-care attitude, and those wicked eyes aimed directly at her.

She doesn’t know what to do with that kind of attention. Especially not from the swe
Published January 21st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Herd That, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Herd That

Start your review of Herd That (The Valentine Boys #1)
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Anyone who pays attention to my reviews knows that I'm a huge LLV fan. She can do no wrong, especially when it comes to how she creates heroes and Ace Valentine was my kind of hero! His backstory was utterly tragic and heartbreaking. It was totally unexpected and yet it served to highlight all that he had survived and how far his family had come in dealing with their grief. This may have been a western romance, but it was written in typical LLV-style and I loved every moment of it. From Ace ...more
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
For as different as Ace and Codie appeared with contrasting public opinions, they really had quite a bit in common. They had difficult childhoods that shaped them into who they were as adults. They were both being measured according to their pasts. They were both caring people with an open heart.

I liked Codie a lot because although she was feisty and gave as good as she got, she was flawed and had insecurities that made her more relatable. Ace came across as the reformed playboy but he gave me
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: didi-reviews
The Valentine siblings had a traumatic, hard childhood. Now they are grown up and attempting to build lives in the small town they grew up in. Ace Valentine is a hard working cowboy without time for relationships. Codie Spears was the town bad girl, always in trouble and always the subject of gossip. She has returned to help her grandfather and finds she is still persona non grata around town.

Codie’s first meeting with Ace has her wanting to smack his sexy smirk off his face, Ace felt quite dif
Gi's Spot Reviews
5 ‘My Troublemaker’ Stars

Sweet… Baby… Jesus… Lani Lynn Vale just gave us the piece de resistance itself! There is nothing simple about these cowboys. These Valentine Boys are going to be EPIC! Case in point the heart touching, sexy and emotional brilliance that is Herd That!

Talk about love at first sight – or shall I say at first page, LOL?! – how am I expected to deal with the hotness that are these Valentine MEN, yes, men, because there is nothing boyish about these guys…

“I’m not sure what at
Carmen Rae
Codie and Ace were just so sweet and perfect together. I really can't get enough of them.

I had all these ideas of what I was expecting as I went into this book and they were totally turned on their head. I thought Codie was going to be a little bit fragile and delicate but I was really happy to discover she was such a strong, determined heroine. She just completely took names and kicked butt.

Ace was just perfection in a pair of wranglers. He had such a tragic backstory but he was so together
Kathy West
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I am going to LOVE this series!! This might be my favorite Lani book ever!

I loved Ace Valentine. Loved, loved, loved him. He stole my heart from the very beginning and kept it the entire time.

I loved his attitude, his heart, how he loved his family.

I love that he felt that he needed to protect Codie even before he really knew her.

And by a few other things he said and did, I just knew he was going to be a good guy.

But my heart hurt for him also. He had some though so much when he was younger. But
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

Herd That introduces the Valentine boys-brothers who have endured a family tragedy and returned to their town of Kilgore, TX to reclaim the family farm. Codie ran from her hometown too, but now that her grandfather is ill, she is back to help him. She is NOT a rancher at all and that becomes evident very quickly!

Ace is a cowboy with a tragic past, but he has a super gooey center! He is so sweet and kind to Codie and once he decides he likes her, he is persistent as hell! Its not aggressive
Three Chicks
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Codie Spears is back in Kilgore Texas. Not by her choice but because her grandpop needs help with his prize bull. This town holds no good memories for Codie. She was a little wild in high school, got into some trouble and never quite lost the reputation for being a trouble maker.

When she runs into some obstacles transporting a trailer full of cows in a thunderstorm, Ace Valentine ends up saving the day. Ace fills out a pair of jeans...

I couldn't begin to thank the Lord enough for the invention
Emily
When Codie Spears returns to town to help her ailing grandfather, she questions at times if she made the right decision. Codie is trying her best but when he asks her to tow her prized bull to an event, she finds herself getting help from Ace Valentine. Ace is all the things she should stay away from but after an eventful day she finds herself forming a friendship that might just lead to something more.

Ace is a bit of a hermit but he has worked hard to earn the respect of the town. When Codie ne
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
description
There be luscious cowboys… with chaps!

Oh and the story was pretty great too.  The Valentine brothers are going to take me on a wild ride if Ace and his Codie are any example! They both had pasts they were trying to overcome and they were going to heal, one quirky, funny, heat-filled encounter at a time…

Codie was a wonderful mix of confidence and uncertainty. She’d been a bad girl but it was Ace’s biggest tragedy that set her on a good path. Reluctantly returning to a hometown that wasn’t welcom
Isha Coleman
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Herd That (The Valentine Boys #1) by Lani Lynn Vale

Sexy has a sensitive side. Vale puts emotions in touch with a tempting love story that is shadowed by life long insecurities and heartaching bias. Herd That aims straight at the heart and scores a bulls-eye. Ace and Codie are fighting to live their own truth as their worlds are falling apart. The playboy with the soft heart and the wild child with the shattered soul are a wicked combination of naughty, nice and inspiring. For every heartache
Harry
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5
Amazing ....
Emotional..
It is set a bit different from the other series but like other LLV books she aced it....
Astraycat
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
H was the brother of Georgia from Double Tap (Code 11-KPD SWAT, #2).
phoebess
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Herd That was an entertaining read. It didn’t have overly complicated drama plot, which I appreciated a lot. It had a little bit of angst when it came to main characters’ pasts but I liked the fact then they didn’t let their pasts to hold them down. A lot, that is.
Do I wish there was a little bit more ranching in this book? Hell yeah! (Since animals are so fun and they provide the entertainment on daily basis.) But I didn’t hold any grudge about it because I loved this story very much.
Taylor
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite authors. I’ve read almost every book she’s put out. Love her storylines and her MC’s.

I’ve been holding off on starting this series because I like to have all the books done before I get into it.

I loved Ace he was so sweet and complimented Codie so well. I can’t wait to hear more about them and find out who’s getting matched next.
Rivka
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was hilariously awesome
Laiza
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Aces! I love the Valentine Men's
Perfect read during this Quarantine time
Stephanie
not my favorite. there were several inconsistencies with the plot that had me scratching my head.

also — IM FAIRLY CERTAIN IF I SEE THE WORDS “FAIRLY CERTAIN” AGAIN I WILL THROW MY PHONE AGAINST THE WALL. ughhhhhh it’s so noticeable now every time I read a LLV book I always pick up on it and it just pisses me off now.

I know she has a formula that she sticks to with her books but maybe switch it up once in a while? but I keep coming back for more so clearly it works
Niki
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This one was strange for me. It seemed real jumpy and almost like it skipped a bunch of parts. (view spoiler) It kinda g
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

I'm a newer reader to Lani Lynn Vale, having only started with her in early 2019 (my bestie - co/blogger is a HUGE HUGE FAN!) but man she has quickly become one of my must-read favorites. I love the way she writes and the formula she uses... it works for me and it works for her obviously! 😉

Unique in every single book but always with unforgettable, unputdownable moments on every page... heck, whether she's working with cowboys or leos, I'm all in.

Herd That is the first book in the new Val
Erin Lewis
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review Herd That (The Valentine Brothers #1) by Lani Lynn Vale

Book one in the latest series from Lani Lyn Vale and she is off to a good start. This series is a bit of a departure from other books by the author in that it is about Cowboys.

I really liked Ace Valentine and the woman who intrigued him, Codie Spears.

Codie has been told one too many times that she isn’t good enough by the people of her home town,that she now believes it to be true.

Ace cannot get her out of his mind, he is c
The Smutbrarians
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Feels 3
Storyline 4
Steam 4
Overall Rating 4
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Lindsey

Gahhh…I love Lani books! I recently read her and fell in love. So then of course, I had to binge read all her books. I love me some cowboys. They are probably my favorite to read. Something about a hardworking, fine, swoonworthy man in wranglers and boots just gets me. LOL. But anyway this book was awesome. Lani did a wonderful job with it. I loved the characters and their banter. I liked how it never lost
Meena Wallace
Jun 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars!

I seriously enjoyed this so much, I think it might be one of my top fave LLV books!!! I’m seriously so excited to dig into this series, the valentine boys seem so swoony and broody!! Ace and Codie were so cute together, I loved to see how their relationship grew. I also love how they both had a past and were willing to carry each other’s baggage.

8/10 would recommend
Stephaniec
Jun 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I haven't read many contemporary romances this year and this is exactly what I needed - very little drama. Just a sweet romance between a cowboy & the town "bad girl" Simple and enjoyable ...more
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is first book I’ve listen to by Lani Lynn Vale but as soon as I noticed it was narrated by Sebastian York and Maxine Mitchell I had to listen to it.
Codie is a farm girl but has been away for a long time. When her grandfather becomes ill and she comes home to help him on farm she has to relive all her high school antics and bitchy cheerleaders.
Ace is the boy next door but in farm way. As soon as he meets Codie he can’t get enough.
I absolutely love that the relationship develops so well an
Toula
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Audio book review

Book 1 in Lani Lynn Vale series . This story from the author will grab your heart and keep you listening till the end . The author has strong characters that the hero went through a family tragedy, the heroine was a typical teenager a bit wild . They both moved away from the town . This story is about what happens when life bRings them back to the town and each other’s life .
Ace is the hero . Codie is the heroine.
Ace and Codie live next to each other , they both have a strong
Kodie Mackay
I mean.. someone get me a cowboy. A wrangler wearing giant of a mountain man who rides bareback and can throw me over his shoulder!. Lord have mercy on my soul because I swear I seen Jesus at some of those descriptive moments.

Codie... that's my name!!!! I mean granted it spelt with C and mine is a K but still I'm gunna take it. Also... my favourite animals are cows!!! So I'm just going to say this book is made for me and codie is a my fictional person.

I lurrrv her. Codie is that sweet salty p
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)

Also Posted on For The Love of Fictional Worlds

Disclaimer: An eARC was provided via Wildfire Marketing Solutions and the Author as part of the Blog Tour. The Thoughts, opinions & feelings expressed in the review are therefore, my own.

Herd That is the first book in an all new series by a favourite author – about a family of cowboys who as children underwent a traumatic tragedy that though they survived physically; left a lot of mental scars for them to deal with.

Our hero, Ace Valentine,
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review by: Jennifer
(5 stars)

I need a cowboy! I swear, I thought at one point I wanted a cop... but nope, NOW, I have to turn my soldier boy into a cowboy, LOL. Giving us something a bit new, Lani Lynn Vale takes us into the world of rodeos, bulls, stubborn horses, and some sexy cowboys in chaps. We are not new to the Valentines, we love their sister in her book with Nico, Double Tap, This is also a new series that can be read anywhere after reading that one, so no need to be up to date on the ne
Rebecca
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Herd That introduces readers to a new kind of Lani Lynn Vale hero, and I have to say…I’m excited to see how Vale’s quirky and sassy heroines make the cowboys of Kilgore, Texas, fall to their knees.

Even though Vale deviated from her usual emergency services and motorcycle club alpha males, Ace and Codie’s story still has the familiar small town feel, heart, and steam that readers have come to expect from her. And these Valentine brothers definitely bring their own brand of cowboy suave and sexin
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Wait for Me
  • Trouble (Dogwood Lane, #3)
  • Single Daddy Seduction (Hot Daddy, #4)
  • Code Name: Heist (Jameson Force Security, #3)
  • Now Or Never (Irresistible, #5)
  • Getting Off Easy (Boys of the Big Easy, #4)
  • King of Kings
  • Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #2)
  • Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)
  • Hammered (Happy Cat, #2)
  • The Dance
  • Tacker (Arizona Vengeance, #5)
  • Tequila
  • Talk Dirty, Cowboy (Dirty Cowboy, #1)
  • Focused (Ward Sisters, #1)
  • Hitched (Happy Cat, #3)
  • The Lineup (The Brentwood Boys, #3)
  • Siren
See top shelves…
Lani Lynn Vale is married to the love of her life that she met in high school. She fell in love with him because he was wearing baseball pants. Ten years later they have three perfectly crazy children and a cat named Demon who likes to wake her up at ungodly times in the night. They live in the greatest state in the world, Texas. She writes contemporary and romantic suspense, and has a love for al ...more

The Valentine Boys (4 books)
  • Crazy Heifer (The Valentine Boys #2)
  • Chute Yeah (The Valentine Boys, #3)
  • Get Bucked (The Valentine Boys #4)