Start by marking “Standoff (Natchez Trace Park Rangers #1)” as Want to Read:
Standoff (Natchez Trace Park Rangers #1)

Standoff

(Natchez Trace Park Rangers #1)

The Natchez Trace National Parkway stretches 444 miles from Nashville to Natchez, the oldest town on the Mississippi River. It's the perfect road for a relaxed pleasure drive. Unfortunately for Luke Fereday, it's also perfect for moving drugs.

Sent to Natchez to infiltrate the organization at the center of the drug ring, Luke arrives too late to a stakeout and discovers th
Published May 5th 2020 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published May 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Standoff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Standoff

Start your review of Standoff (Natchez Trace Park Rangers #1)
Loraine
Patricia Bradley has become another of my favorite suspense authors. Packed with intrigue from start to finish, her books always keep me up reading late at night because I can't put them down.

Set in Natchez, Mississippi in one of the state parks, Brooke Danvers is a park ranger who is transferring from the interpretive division to the law enforcement division. But before she can even be sworn in, murders begin occurring in the park. Luke Fereday, Brooke's high school love, has returned to Natch
Nicole
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted on Inkwell Inspirations

A fabulous start to Patricia Bradley’s new Natchez Trace Park Rangers series! Standoff has the perfect blend of romance and suspense, so fans of romantic suspense will thoroughly enjoy this latest novel by award-winning author Patricia Bradley.

In Standoff, park ranger Brooke Danvers is determined to find answers to her father’s suicide, which she is convinced was, in fact, murder. Luke Fereday is back in town with a mission to take down an exten
Gloria
4.5 Stars
Standoff is the first of the new series, Natchez Trace Park Rangers, by Patricia Bradley. I enjoyed the fast pace of the book that starts it off and continues to the end. The backdrop of the story is very interesting with descriptions of the historical Natchez Trace, old antebellum homes in Natchez, the scenes along the Mississippi River, and small town closeness.
Brooke Danvers is about to move from a position as an interpretive ranger to one as a law enforcement officer with the Park
MJSH
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Patricia Bradley starts her newest series Natchez Trace Park Rangers with a bang in this book. The plot is complex with many twists and turns and the author will have you guessing at the unnamed villain until the very end of the book. The suspense and mystery components are top-notch though the secondary characters are sometimes difficult to separate out because there are many (but I'm guessing that was on purpose so that the villain is not as obvious). I know nothing about the National Park Ser ...more
Erin Laramore
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars for this romantic suspense thriller by Patricia Bradley. Ms. Bradley has been on my "want to read" list of authors for a while, and winning a copy of this book got me to move her up on my tbr. While this is my first book by this author, it definitely won't be the last!

This book follows Brooke Danvers, who has long awaited the day when she can follow in her father's footsteps and be a law enforcement park ranger. A few days before her swearing in, a completely chaotic series of events
Cara Putman
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Standoff we travel to Mississippi and have the opportunity to explore Natchez. The heroine works for the National Park Service and is ready to move from interpreter to law enforcement officer with the park service. Then her dad dies. She stumbles across a state senator who's been shot, and everything is falling a part. There are many twists in this book and the characters were engaging. I also felt like I was plopped into the heat and humidity of the deep south. I already can't wait to read b ...more
Hannah

While I really enjoyed the solid mystery and the relationship between the two characters, it simply didn't catch me and sweep me off my feet. It could easily be a problem with my mood. However, it's a solid story and I really in particular enjoyed the adult relationship the two leads have: instead of pouting and weeping like kids, they have real conversations about issues. They meet problems head-on.

The one gripe I have is the semi-pedantic reiteration of the supposed position that "leg
Jypsy
Jun 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Revell and was under no obligation to post a review. All opinions expressed are my own.

Standoff
Natchez Trace Park Rangers #1
By: Patricia Bradley

REVIEW ☆☆☆☆☆
I've always thought park rangers have such an interesting job, so I was very glad to see a book about a female park ranger. Brooke is a rookie law enforcement park ranger for the Natchez Trace park. When her father dies from an apparent suicide, Brooke doesn't believe it's true. She intends
Paula Shreckhise
Patricia Bradley has long been a favorite of mine for authentic, sure-fire suspense. The start to her new series is right on target with the mystique of the Natchez Trace. This one is unique because of the focus on the Park Ranger Service and its different branches.
Brooke Danvers has made a career change within the Ranger Service. She has passed her qualifications and is waiting to be sworn in as a Law Enforcement Ranger, following in her dad’s footsteps. Unfortunately, Ranger John Danvers is f
Tamara
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Standoff is the first book in a new series by Patricia Bradley, and it just may be, in my opinion, one of her best books so far.

Standoff just jumps off at the beginning and it doesn’t slow down. It is chockful of action and non-stop suspense. The two main characters Luke Fereday and Brooke Danvers have a lot going on with each other and everything else going on in the book. I really didn’t have any idea who was the lone gunman so to speak, and I was still surprised as to who it was, even though
Stephenia McGee
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Full of twists, dynamic characters, and a thrill ride plot, Standoff by Patricia Bradley is a must read. When Brooke’s father is found dead on the Natchez Trace she doesn’t believe the suicide ruling. Determined to investigate, Brook soon finds herself in a killer’s crosshairs. This is one suspense fans wont want to miss!
Trixi
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brooke Danvers father’s death was ruled a suicide. As an almost newly minted Park ranger investigative officer she's out to prove otherwise. Little does she know she'll find more than she bargained for! Luke Fereday is sent undercover to nail drug runners up the Natchez Trace in Mississippi when he finds John Danvers murdered. Too late to stop it, he'll work with Brooke to find the culprit and stop the drug ring.

This is the first suspense I've read from Patricia Bradley but it won't be my last!
Abigail

I have never read a Patrica Bradley book, but I really liked the premise and location of this book. I love national parks and though I have never been to Natchez Trace National Parkway, it was still super cool to read about. I honestly really wanted to love this book, I really did but there were so many things that felt slightly off for me. I really didn't have a solid connection to the story, I felt like there were too many characters to keep track of and that things moved rather slowl
Abby
May 16, 2020 rated it liked it
I just finished reading Standoff by Patricia Bradley. It was full of twists and turns, suspense, romance, and relatable characters. At some points, I felt like it was moving a little bit too slowly. Sometimes there would be chapters before something big happened. But I still enjoyed it and was always wondering what would happen next. I really liked all of the plot twists. And Luke. Luke was great. I totally ship him and Brooke.
This wasn't my favorite suspense book that I've read, but I still en
Inspirationalfictionreader
Standoff by Patricia Bradley is book one of her new series, Natchez Trace Park Rangers. I’ve never read Patricia Bradley and thought this would be a good one to try because of the unusual setting, Natchez, Mississippi along the Natchez Trace National Parkway. I was also interested in the storyline due to the Park ranger aspect.

Sadly, this story just didn’t work for me. I had trouble keeping track of all of the characters. In my opinion, there were just too many. I was never able to really connec
Diane
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Standoff by author Patricia Bradley is set in Mississippi around the Natchez Trace Parkway. This is the first of a new series featuring the Natchez Trace Park Rangers. There are a number of different characters the reader becomes familiar with from the beginning.
Brandon is an accountant with an unfortunate talent. His hacking skills lead to information that has him asking for help from his dad. Soon Brandon is dead of a drug overdose!
Brooke Danvers is excitedly waiting for a ride-along with her
Robin Reynolds
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*Received from the publisher and voluntarily reviewed*

I like finding books where the characters are in a profession I don't know much about, and this book definitely scratched that itch. As the story begins, Brooke is an interpretive park ranger, on the verge of being commissioned a law enforcement park ranger. I had no idea there was more than one kind of park ranger! I'm already looking forward to the next book in the series and reading more about park rangers.

Brooke's father is a law enforce
Monica
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Standoff by Patricia Bradley is the first book in the Natchez Trace Park Rangers series and it is the first book that I have read by this author.

Luke Fereday and Brooke Danvers are old friends and neighbors. Luke arrives back in Natchez too late to save Brooke's father, John, from being killed as he tries to stop a drug deal. Brooke is determined to find out who her father's murderer is--but she may not be safe either. Together, can they find the culprit?

There are quite a few secondary character
Toni
Apr 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

This is the first book in the Natchez Trace Park Rangers series by Patricia Bradley.

Basic premise: A veteran park ranger is killed after coming upon a drug buy. His daughter wants answers and begins looking into his death. Luke Fereday came upon the body of his friend but he is undercover and can’t reveal what he knows. A photographer also had a view of the scene and has photos that incriminate the guilty party. Then he also ends up dead.

I almost didn’t think these two would ever get t
Regina Merrick
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Standoff is book one of the Natchez Trace Park Rangers series, and it starts with a bang. Rookie Park Law Enforcement officer Brooke Danvers not only wants to solve the mystery of her ranger-father’s so-called suicide, but the mystery of her old friend and former flame Luke Fereday (I love that name!), who doesn’t seem to be what he says he is. Luke is working undercover, going after a drug kingpin, and finds himself not only solving this crime, but in the role of protector to Brooke when her li ...more
Sarah Grace Grzy
Patricia Bradley is one of those authors that is a bit hit-or-miss for me, but I greatly enjoyed her Memphis Cold Case series, so I decided to give her newest release a shot. And I'm glad I did! Standoff is one wild ride from chapter one.

Brooke Danvers is a very convincing lead character, and I enjoyed following her story. I did find it hard to relate to her at times--whether this was because her character wasn't fleshed out well enough or because we're so dissimilar, I'm not sure. I did find m
Rebecca
Apr 01, 2020 rated it liked it
"What had he gotten himself into?"

Just about every character in this book could ask themself the same question. . . what? . . . and why?

When questionable deaths keep popping up in Natchez, Mississippi, park ranger Brooke Danvers is overwhelmed with evidence that doesn't make any sense. One of those deaths happened to be her father, and she is admant that he did not take his own life as the crime scene seemed to suggest. And what about Luke Fereday; he keeps turning up every time she needs mora
Lisa Johnson
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Title: Standoff (Natchez Trace Park Rangers #1)
Author: Patricia Bradley
Pages: 400
Year: 2020
Publisher: Revell
My rating: 5 out of 5 stars.
Patricia Bradley’s books are among my favorites to read and share with others. Why? The author weaves a very intriguing mystery that pulls readers in, plus there is some romance but it doesn’t overtake the plot. Also, the characters are lifelike in how they respond, act and think. In her newest series, the author helps push the action along by having short chapt
May 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
STANDOFF is book one in Ms. Bradley's explosive new series. Set in the deep south, it will leave you experiencing the heat in more ways than one.

There is a host of characters that is overwhelmingly confusing at first, but if you keep reading you should be able to sort them all out. There is also a host of characters that might be "who-dun-it" and that kept me guessing though I did narrow it down to two.

I really liked Brooke and Luke.

I enjoyed this new series and it wasn't overwhelmingly scary.
Linda Klager
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
The cover of the book shows Brooke Danvers looking apprehensively. The setting is Natchez, Mississippi.

Brooke is looking forward to being sworn in by her Father to become a law enforcing ranger. Her parents really did not want Brooke to be in this type of dangerous job.

An old flame of Brooke's showed up - his name is Luke Fereday. Brooke is seeing Jeremy Steele now. This new relationship causes romantic tension in the story line.

Brooke and Luke try to find out who murdered Brooke's Father. There
Melissa
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-audios
What a start to Patricia's new suspense series. I really enjoyed this quick and easy read that introduces us to the Natchez Trace Park Rangers. The mystery was very good. There were several suspects and pieces to fit together to solve the mystery which made for an exciting read. I am looking forward to more in this series!!

I received this book from the author and was not required to post a positive review. All thoughts are my own.
Suzie Waltner
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
In a brand-new series, Patricia Bradley weaves a plot of intrigue, danger, and duplicity from the first pages of Standoff.

There is a lot going on in this book and multiple characters to keep track of. There are a few hints about who might be involved in the crimes happening in the Natchez National Parks. Bradley introduces readers to the beauty as well as the darkness of the Natchez, Mississippi area.

In addition to solving the crime, there is quite a bit of personal drama happening in Brooke’s l
Kailey
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was great! The story kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time! I really enjoyed trying to figure out who the killer was! This book definitely left me wanting the next book in the series! This one was so good!

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review, revell
Quintessential Romantic Suspense What originally attracted me to this book was the cover, followed by the series title: Natchez Trace Park Rangers. As a lover of the outdoors, that was enough to reel me in, and since this is book one, I did not hesitate to sign up for a review copy. Thankfully, I did not look at the synopsis (a habit that I have adopted so as not to spoil any part of the plotline), because doing so would most likely have deterred me from wanting to read the book. Anything relati ...more
Nora St Laurent
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Things literally start off with a bang. Once Brooke gets involved the action does not stop. It took a few chapters for the author to introduce the main and minor characters and their situations the author even lets you get inside the head of the one wreaking havoc on the oldest town on the Mississippi River. I felt a little lost in the beginning because each chapter introduced someone new. After I met everyone I went back and reread the first few chapters. Things became clearer. Once I connected ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Traitor's Pawn
  • The Heart of a Hero (Global Search and Rescue, #2)
  • Dead End (Kaely Quinn Profiler, #3)
  • Starfish Pier (Hope Harbor #6)
  • Flight Risk
  • Silent Shadows (Harbored Secrets #3)
  • Dead Silence
  • What Momma Left Behind
  • At Love's Command (Hanger's Horsemen, #1)
  • On a Coastal Breeze (Three Sisters Island, #2)
  • Hadley Beckett's Next Dish
  • The Crushing Depths (Coastal Guardians, #2)
  • The Lost Lieutenant (Serendipity & Secrets #1)
  • Don't Keep Silent (Uncommon Justice, #3)
  • Storing Up Trouble (American Heiresses, #3)
  • Collision of Lies
  • Airborne
  • A Mosaic of Wings
Winner of an Inspirational Readers’ Choice Award in Suspense, Patricia Bradley lives in North Mississippi with her rescue kitty, Suzy, and loves to write suspense with a twist of romance. Her Logan Point series is available at all on-line retailers and major bookstores. In September 2017, JUSTICE BURIED, the second book in the Memphis Cold Case Novels will release.

Her workshops on writing include

Natchez Trace Park Rangers (2 books)
  • Obsession (Natchez Trace Park Rangers, #2)