Start by marking “A Touch of Ruin (Hades & Persephone, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Touch of Ruin (Hades & Persephone, #2)

A Touch of Ruin

(Hades & Persephone #2)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  10,291 ratings  ·  1,049 reviews
Persephone’s relationship with Hades has gone public and the resulting media storm disrupts her normal life and threatens to expose her as the Goddess of Spring.

Hades, God of the Dead, is burdened by a hellish past that everyone’s eager to expose in an effort to warn Persephone away.

Things only get worse when a horrible tragedy leaves Persephone’s heart in ruin and Hades
Published April 22nd 2020 by Scarlett St. Clair

To ask other readers questions about A Touch of Ruin, please sign up.
kimchikingreads According to the author's Instagram, the book is scheduled to be released on 23rd April 2020! :)…moreAccording to the author's Instagram, the book is scheduled to be released on 23rd April 2020! :)(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Iovannah
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  10,291 ratings  ·  1,049 reviews

Start your review of A Touch of Ruin (Hades & Persephone, #2)
Helena of Eretz ✰
I…what was even the POINT of this book??? Over and over, it was one step forward, two – no, THREE – steps back! I’ve never seen a set of characters make the SAME BLOODY MISTAKES again and again and again, yet NEVER LEARN FROM THEM.

I don’t know about you, but I don’t think that sex solves ALL relationship problems. Relationships built solely on passion burn out fast. There has to be more to it for it to last in the long-term (and everyone operates under the assumption that their marriage is inev
jessica
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
not as good as the first book, but still enjoyable overall. i was wondering if the novelty of hades and persephone was wearing off, but then i realised the parts i didnt like about this only had to do with persephone alone.

when persephone is shown in a positive light, shes an excellent character. but wow, she does a lot of stupid things and honestly her mistakes make her insufferable. i feel like she was running to hecate every other chapter saying, ‘i messed up.’ the constant back and forth wa
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading
#1 A Touch of Darkness — 3 Stars
#2 A Touch of Ruin — 2 Stars

What did Hades do to deserve this?

I’m not saying it dreamily like I can’t believe how perfect they are for each other, and I’m in awe. I’m saying it in deep sympathy because Persephone in this book reallyyy didn’t deserve Hades. Seriously, she should be ashamed of herself. This was a disgrace to the original Hades & Persephone myth.

So, the deal is that Persephone was struggling to navigate her new relationship with Hades. There was the
☘ Lily ☘
I only have one question at the end of this book.

What the fuck happened to you, Persephone?

I feel like this whole book was one giant mess. After reading book 1 and loving it and gave it 5 stars even, I wondered what the hell happened to the characters in this book. Mainly Persephone. I struggled each chapters to get to the end and it was arduous. I feel like the conclusion or the development they got from book 1 got swiped clean and now they have to build it up.

I'm trying to see it in a more l
human [on hiatus]
As I had written in my review of the first book, I wasn't going to read this.

But for some horrible reason, I made a huge mistake, read this, and true to my word, hated it as much as I had expected.

This book was trashy and just plain bad. As far as the plot went, there was none (unless you count pining and oh-no-i've-ruined-everything-so-instead-of-trying-to-problem-solve-i'm-just-going-to-ignore-everything-until-my-problems-magically-go-away-or-resentment-festers-like-an-open-wound, in which ca
Sentranced Jem
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
Annnnnd I read book 2 only because I like Hades and Hermes.

But I may have skipped a LOT of pages
• Lindsey Dahling •
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: baller-book-club
WELL. Time for me to have yet another unpopular opinion because I thought this book was better than the first one. 😂 I’m even able to tell you why.

1. Persephone’s love language is definitely words of affirmation.
And so is mine. So I, too, know what it’s like to be an insecure idiot if I’m not constantly reassured. Unfortunately, it would seem Hades’s love language is physical touch, so these two do a terrible job of being clear on their feelings. Makes for great tension (see: item 2).

2. Jealousy
✨Kayla of The Court Of Dreams✨
I loved this one! Even more than the first, I guess I’m apart of the minority in that. Persephone did annoy me at times with her immaturity and constantly whining “I’m making the biggest mistakes”. Realizing it and yet she keeps adding to the list. 😂 I love Hades but our dark god kept digging himself Into some deep holes because Seph was right. No he doesn’t need to come clean about all his sins.... but at least the present ones!!

I love Hermès he’s definitely one of my favorites :)

I also ended
bee  ❤︎
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
four point five stars ∗ y’all i did not realize that this book came out last month and that the final book is set to come out next YEAR 😭 i really played myself, huh?

anywho, i was kinda nervous to pick this up because i felt like the first book kinda wrapped things up nicely (also i was nervous just because sequels have a reputation for not being as good as the first). i had some inkling as to what this book might cover in terms of persephone’s relationship with hades and her learning how to ha
KJ Holliday
Jan 19, 2021 rated it did not like it
This book will go down in history as the worst sequel in the history of the universe. What in the hell did I just read?

I genuinely enjoyed the first book. I really really did. But where the first books conflict had to do with Persephone facing her mother, her own powers, Adonis, and the deal with Hades, the second book has one plot point.

Persephone being a literal child.

I've never seen a person regress so badly. She is the most vapid, narcissistic, selfish, childish character I've ever read abou
Precious ✨
This turned into a 3 star read all because of Persephone. The next book she better mature or it’s a wrap. She was hypocritical, immature, and flat out whiny. I know it sounds rough but honestly with the first book having so much promise it really disappointed me. I don’t want this series to fall to the wayside. Hermès and Hecate really saved this story. Hades wasn’t present as much as I wanted. Turns out though that there’s a parallel series from Hades POV? And he’s purposefully gone because of ...more
Hailee
May 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
i enjoyed this one a little more than the first!! this series is SO easy to speed through (which i love) and i really enjoyed the development of a lot of the characters’ relationships. i even cried towards the end 🥺. i’m nervous but excited for the third book to come out!!
Jamie :)
Jan 29, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok just finished this and found out book 3 isn’t out until MAY?!?!?! You can’t get me attached to Hades and Persephone and than do me like this. Unacceptable. Will be going into hibernation until May.
Kendra Cusworth
Dec 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads

just like the first book, I ate this up. I could not put it down and that resulted in me finishing it in one sitting. I think the first book is a bit stronger than this, but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of reading this.
There is so much bloody drama in this. I think the entire reason I couldn't put this book down was because of the amount of drama that was nonstop. It made it super fun and exciting.

I jump back and forth between loving and hating Persephone. She is such a spit-fire
.*•.  ☾ sephia giaracuni  ☾ .•*.
I think the author forgot the only reason we were here for this book/series is because of the smut scenes. The plot is bland and boring, and the same goes for Persephones character which I found extremely annoying and problematic and she acts like a whiney insecure teenager.

I was only here for the Hades and Persephone scenes which were extremely few in this book, and I honestly tried to read it for the plot, but it was boring and I was extremely uninterested in the world which is insane, as how
Malin
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Persephone ruined this book for me tbh
Inkslinger
Apr 26, 2020 rated it liked it
A Touch of Ruin (Hades & Persephone #2) by Scarlett St. Clair

ARC provided by Scarlett St. Clair via Xpresso Book Tours. All opinions are mine and freely given.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | BookBub

"You're leaving us?" Hermes asked. "What happened to sisters before misters?"
Persephone rolled her eyes. "Hermes, in case you haven't noticed, you're a mister."
"I can be a sister!" he argued, more vehemently than she expected.

04-28: 'A Touch of Ruin' is book two in the 'Hades & Persephone' series by Scarlett St. Clair. I have already purchas
Dominique
I'm... disappointed.

The not good:
Before we start: I do not enjoy tension or conflict that could be resolved if the characters just bleeping talked to each other honestly about their feelings and what they do/do not want. There is a distinct lack of communication and even more miscommunication. I don't enjoy it.

I also found the sex scenes to be rather underwhelming compared to ATOD. They weren't as steamy, and I found them rather suddenly introduced to a situation. The characters are having a co
Justina
Jan 29, 2021 rated it it was ok
1.5 stars* I hated the middle of this book and the main character so much that I nearly gave up on it. The way that the characters interacted made me want to pull out my hair and I hated how misunderstanding after misunderstanding was what drove the plot, it made the characters seem immature and inept. I really don't know if I'll bother continuing with this series. Maybe time will help me forget how infuriating this was. ...more
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads

Everything about this novel is addicting!

From the writing to the characters and the pacing, everything about this novel is incredible.

I love the spin on greek mythology and how it isn't solely just the two main characters. The author has weaved many aspects of greek mythology into this story while uniquely making this her own novel. It's fascinating and actually makes me want to read more of the origin stories of these greek gods.

This story is hot and sexy--seriously. Would I have eve
Kat | katreadsit
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
This book was a tough one to get through..

I’m sorry to anyone who loves this book, this is just my own personal opinion:

I love the idea of Persephone and Hades’ relationship and I do really like the modern setting too. I really like seeing how protective Hades is towards Persephone, especially when he’s trying to teach her why things are the way they are. But, I felt that was overshadowed by Persephone’s selfish and rude (teetering on bratty) behaviour. It was one incident right after another t
Meghann * The Book Flamingo *
I loved this book just as much if not more than the first one. Again, this is a modern retelling of the Greek Mythology story of Hades and Persephone.

Persephone and Hades relationship has gone public after they make up and are caught kissing in each other’s arms in the middle of the street. Now that they are under the public eye, everyone wants a piece of Persephone and she finds herself overwhelmed often which causes her magic to go haywire.

After a tragedy happens and Hades refuses to help her
Lyn
Feb 20, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I- really feel sorry for Hades. Persephone in this book is a pile of confused mess.
Victoria Hernandez
Jun 23, 2020 rated it did not like it
where do i start? This book was a mess of shit. I just finished it and i kinda don't remember half of it. And why would I? I think I lost some brain cells reading this book. It was just bad I don't even know where to begin. Okay, so, the first book was amazing, I loved it! But this book was just awful.
Persephone was like a hormonal teenager. One minute she was mad at Hades and the next she wanted to fuck him. It was like a roller coaster of sex and shit. They would fight then makeup again with
olivia
Dec 09, 2020 rated it liked it
IM READY FOR BOOK 3
BRING IT SCARLETT
gaby
Oct 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
i have read three books and wrote 30 pages of bio notes in the span of 24 hours forgive me for the shitty review:

- more hades and persephone content is always up my alley
- less fun and amazing than the first one
- hermes and apollo (and also hecate shhh) could all turn me into a poplar tree if they chose to, i am undeniably in love w all of them
- apollo character growth? we love to see it
- persephone can die (no pun intended) there was too much going to go cry to hecate that "i messed everything
maggie
Mar 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Danielle
yeah i'm dnf-ing this one. i've had it for ages to read passively when i have down time, but it is truly insufferable, compared to the first. persephone is a pain in the ass, hades is a lil too "me man you woman" for my tastes and this is just a hot mess. no thank u. ...more
Ornella Parola
I gave 4 stars to the first book of the series even though there were things that bothered me and in this book there are still there and worse. Honestly in this one I would have gave 2 stars but just because I adore the universe I will not.

First of all I was strongly displeased by the character of Persephone. She keeps doing mistake after mistake and she is just despicable with Hades and in general. I hardly saw her smile, she is constantly snapping at people and reacting harshly. I came to unde
Maddye
Mar 02, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don’t like to leave a bad review, but because there’s no warnings on this novel I think people need to know what could possibly be a trigger for them before picking it up.

I’ll keep it basic in this top bit and list a few major issues I had with this book below as the red flags in my brain overshadowed anything redeemable for me and I acknowledge that this could effect my tone in this review.

I really enjoyed the first book and Hades story in A Game of Fate! Scarlett’s way of weaving the modern

• Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1)
  • The Crucible
  • Ruthless King (Mount Trilogy, #1)
  • Defiant Queen (Mount Trilogy, #2)
  • Sinful Empire (Mount Trilogy, #3)
  • Heart of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #3)
  • Deal with the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #1)
  • Luck of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #2)
  • The Fall of Legend (Legend Trilogy, #1)
  • Dirty Pleasures (The Dirty Billionaire Trilogy, #2)
  • Dirty Billionaire
  • The Best Friend's Billionaire Brother (A Caprock Canyon Romance, #1)
  • The Players (Bad Romance #4)
  • The Leader (Bad Romance #1)
  • The Enforcer (Bad Romance #2)
  • The Gambler (Bad Romance #3)
  • Love is Rage: a Dark Captive Romance (Bloody Romance Book 2)
  • Alpha Wolf (The Blue Mountain Wolf Pack #1)
Scarlett St. Clair lives in Oklahoma with her husband. She has a Master’s degree in Library Science and Information Studies. She is obsessed with Greek Mythology, murder mysteries, love, and the afterlife. If you are obsessed with these things, then you’ll like her books.

Sign up for my newsletter! https://mailchi.mp/6e2593363f04/rayon...

Hades & Persephone (4 books)
  • A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone, #1)
  • A Touch of Malice (Hades & Persephone, #3)
  • A Touch of Chaos (Hades & Persephone, #4)