Start by marking “The Hitman (Hitman, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Hitman (Hitman, #1)

The Hitman

(Hitman #1)

She was the daughter of my worst enemy.
I was the hitman hired to take her out.

When the contract hit my phone, I thought it was fate. The broken, frightened girl who got away. The one who lied about who she was and disappeared without a trace.

Now I had a second chance. There was no doubt I’d do everything to keep her safe, both from my family and the man who wanted her lif
Published May 12th 2020 by Write Me, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Hitman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hitman

Start your review of The Hitman (Hitman, #1)
A. Zavarelli
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Hitman is a gritty, beautiful love story between a damaged heroine and her swoony protector. The sparks were off the charts hot when these two characters came together, but their journey truly touched on all of my emotions. An amazing debut from Ellie Isaacson. I can't wait to see what she brings us next. ...more
Karin
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
For a debut author I really enjoyed this book. The plot was interesting and kept me engaged and I loved the suspense factor. The chemistry between the hero and heroine was good but at certain points I felt could of been stronger. Looking forward to the next one
Shelley
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Hitman Stars 🌟

The Hitman is the debut novel by Ellie and I have to say I really enjoyed the story❣️I was a little lost in the first chapter but I quickly found my feet and found a place in my heart for Yanny and Lia and Co.

Lia and Yanny have both had difficult pasts and when they meet, Yanny is mesmerised by Lia🤩 Eventually after weeks of trying to find her, he receives notification for a new hit - when he discovers exactly who she is😢

I have to admit although I enjoyed this story, it was a
Jenifer Briggs
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
For being this authors debut novel, I thought it was very good! It was a bit darker than I thought it would be, but the suspense had me on the edge of my seat (or in this case, kindle.😉)

I felt the connection between our characters was instant, and their chemistry leapt off the page. The romantic moments were also sweet and swoon worthy!

These two are very much broken characters, and both of them have mighty demons, but the way they soothe each other made my heart soar! They found a safe place in
Brandy Roberts
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really liked The Hitman it was a story that just had me from the first page all the way through the end and still stayed with me . The chemistry between the couple was off the charts hot on top of it also being quit beautiful . I was really wanting this couple to get a happy ending and just to read that they are happy . I am looking forward to reading more books by the author in the future I can't wait to have more in my reading device . ...more
LianaReads blog
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
A very good debut story, well written and and interesting characters overall.
I liked the connection between the main characters and their chemistry as well as the banter.
It’s darker than I thought it will be but it’s well balanced between the suspense moments as twists and sweet blooming love story.
I’m looking forward to read more by the author in the future.
Tracy
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The pain and devastation. The cruel punishing world that Lia was born into. No one should ever have to endure these things. This book was absolutely amazing! I was on the edge of my seat in complete freak out mode so many times! Loved this authors style. Love is love. Sometimes you need to fight for what you want .
Ana Rita
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
So, here I was, about to start a new book with two things that I loved.
First, it was a Mafia book, yep, you know that's my weakness, and second, it was from a new author.
That's a bonus I think.
A book from a new author can have its risks because I might not like the way the author writes and I might not like the plot, but it's a risk I must take.
If the blurb is any indication, I will love it. That I'm sure.
Ellie Isaacson is a new author to me and let's just say that I'll be stalking her.
Her
C
May 18, 2020 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars

Pretty good for a debut book, but not great. I actually really enjoyed the first about 25% of this book, but then it did start dragging a bit. Around the 75% mark I started skimming because I was just bored by then.

I really liked the vibes of the first half of the book. It was less angsty and was even a bit calming, even with the darker subjects. It almost played out like an older book or a movie or something, and I was all for it. But then it started going downhill the second half.

Half
Melissa Starr
May 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lia and Yanny
The Hitman

I was asked to write an honest review in exchange for an ARC copy of this book.
The story itself is amazing and has so many details and twists and turns, it kept me interested. Lia and Yanny were great characters with amazing chemistry. Their buildup was great and I loved their core relationship throughout the book, even though it had ups and downs and moments where they should have communicated better.

With that being said there were a few things that bothered me while r
Candace
May 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ellie’s debut novel honestly knocked me out of the park - 4.5 stars ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ 🌟

I was entranced from the first chapter and I kept turning the page to find out what was going to happen next. The cover is very intriguing and made me want to find out more. I love a good book with a little bit of suspense and romance spun together in a glorious tale!

Ellie managed to build a world and family atmosphere with the Medinas and their misfit of bandits that I totally connected with. Yanny was fascinatin
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Jul 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Triggers- rape more then twice, abuse, bearly legal adult sold as a slave. Killings

Yanny’s family his mom, little brother & sister and his non blood brothers are under the radar of some powerful mafia. One mafia killed his father in cold blood with him a young kid and his mamma as witnesses, that cha fed Yanny’s life. Vow to find the man responsible and take him down, but if a contract on a mark is se t one of the men will do the hit. The the flight home from Paris, coming home after some Down
Ashley Jasper
May 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Well hello there new author that kinda just blew my socks off! The Hitman was dark, darker than I usually read, but also had this sweetness to it that made it hard to put down. I fell for Lia and Yanny in chapter one and was rooting for them the whole way through.

I could feel the instant connection between Yanny and Lia. Though they met in less than ideal circumstances, it didn't take long for them to form their bond. The gentle way he soothed her, calmed her fear and anxiety...swoon! But they b
Cathy Brockman
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is book one in the Hitman Series.
This is Yanny and Lia’s story. Yanny is one of the main Hitmen for their family business. He is decompressing after a hit when he meets a beautiful woman and tries to help her. They become friends and just before they become more a hit comes in and it is no other than the woman Yanny is falling for.
Lia is from a family she would rather forget. Her entire life a living hell and worse when she left her family to be with a man, she thought she could’ve findin
Jennifer Pierson
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Hitman is Ellie Isaacson's debut, and I find myself very excited for her future. It's the story about a very damaged heroine who has a hit man after her, and man was it crazy intense, as that hit man morphed into her protector. It's raw, gritty, and full of twists as their journey takes them on a crazy ride with a huge side of heat. I'm keeping this very general, as I really want others to just experience it for themselves, and that means going in almost completely blind. I totally dig a sto ...more
Melanie
May 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, 2020, kindle, debut
The Hitman was a good debut book by Ellie Isaacson. This was dark and gritty with some definite trigger warnings for people regarding rape. I loved the connection between Yanny and Lia although there were moments where it just felt like Lia tagged alone with Yanny for lack of something else to do. Even though Lia had some iffy moments where I really couldn't tell if any of her feelings were real, Yanny was all in from the beginning and there really isn't anything better than a tough assassin who ...more
 •Cici• Theory of A Dreamer Book Blog♥
From the second that I read the synopsis I couldn’t wait to pick this book up! I loved how this story grabbed my attention so quickly! I had to finish reading it in one sitting. I enjoyed this story!

Lia and Yanny’s journey was far from an easy one. I felt so many different things throughout with these two characters! I wasn’t sure which direction their story was going to and that pulled me into it even more.

With The Hitman, Ms.Isaacson has created an awesome debut filled with suspense and emotio
Ronel Olver
Jul 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story line with twists and turns, surprises intense emotions and sizzling chemistry. Lia escapes her abuser and meets Yanny in an plane when he sits next to her and takes care of her during a nightmare. When Yanny gets a contract on her, he starts stalking her and ends up protecting her. He was an absolute sweetheart to her so protective and lovable. Lia has some issues to work through and gets the answers she seeks from an unexpected source. I enjoyed the story and look forward to the oth ...more
Sophie Ruthven
May 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a great debut book for this brand new author. I'll keep this short and sweet as don't think it's fair being critical on someone's first ever book baby. The fact the author took the plunge and did this deserves a standing ovation on its own.
Anything that didn't fit right or could of been altered/expanded on will come with time and experience.
The way it is struggled to hold my attention much and didn't find myself able to connect with the characters.
Could just be the head space I'm in at the
Diane Yoz
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love dark Mafia stories, especially when they are as intense and gritty as The Hitman. This story had it all family issues, some harsh storylines, suspense, angst, and romance. I love the characters in this book. Lia and Yanny, both have troubled pasts and the way they relied on each other gave them such a strong bond, that I connected with them right from the start.
There were a few times I wish I had more details on certain situations but it did not take away from the story and I really enjo
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Hitman by Ellie Isaacson is the First book in The Hitman Series. This is the story of Lia and Yanny. Yanny is a Hitman who happens to see Lia who makes him want something for himself but she disappears. While thinking of her and looking for her he gets his next hit job. What he finds is that her name is the one he has to do. Lia and Yanny are both broken who have to learn to trust each other to get through the dangerous and to find each other. This book does end setting you up for the next b ...more
Bookthief
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
what do you do when you find the one, only for her to disappear? Then when you get your next hit, its her? Well for Yanny, you hunt her down, get to know her and save her of course. But as always, things don't go as planned. For Lia, her past didn't quite happen as she remembered it. With Yanny and his families help, Lia starts to heal. You see her confidence build. But with the past and the current hit out kn her, will Yanny be able to save her in time. ...more
Amy
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was engaging and entertaining and held my attention to want to find out what happens in the end. I wish the French was translated a little more, but you could get the general idea of what was being said. Not sure if there are other books in this series because it reads like it could be a standalone and also as a series. Either way, it is worth reading.

Danielle Marlowe
Jul 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ellie Isaacson did a great job on The Hitman, the plot was strong, it was filled with so many emotions. It was dark and it was packed with twist and turns, the story was written well. Nothing about Lia and Yanny's journey was easy, they had many ups and downs, their journey was a rough rollercoaster, they went through a lot but they were drawn to each other, their connection and chemistry was strong.
I enjoyed this story. Thanks, Ellie Isaacson. Good work :)
Ashleigh
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark and Gritty!
I have really enjoyed reading this book, the author did such a great job developing the characters, that I feel like I really know them, and not just the major characters, but the minor ones too.

Also, it caused me to lose quite a bit of sleep while I was reading it, because it was so hard to put down at night.

This review has been voluntarily submitted for your consideration.
Everything Bookish  Blog
Jun 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
he characters are layered, strong, and passionate. The story twists and takes you on a crazy fun ride.

The emotions ravaged me. It was dark and gritty and I loved every moment.

Worth the read if you like a story that pulls you under and never lets go. It creeps in the shadows and grabs you when you least expect it.
Sharon
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite being book 1 in the series I actually read book 2 first, not that it’s any big deal as this book concentrates on different characters. The author does a good job character building and has written an entertaining book.

Michelle
May 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. This didn’t flow well for me and the characters did not incite much emotion from me, even though Lia endured so much terror and hardship and Yanny was a hardened man intent on protecting her. I couldn’t muster much interest in their story even with the twists.
Lynne
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. What a great read. This author is new to me and I'm so pleased I found her. Fantastic story and characters. Great chemistry between Lia and Yanny. Can’t wait for the rest of the books in the series. ...more
Shannon Godwin
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved it!! Yes it’s dark, gritty & suspenseful and it grabbed me from the first page. I could not put this book down. I love Yanny & Lia. I connected with the characters and I am looking forward to reading more from this author. This author has grabbed me & I can’t wait to read the next book!

• His (Ties That Bind, #2)
  • Sea of Ruin
  • Collide
  • Rain (A Stranger in the Woods, #1)
  • Consumed By Rage (Stained Souls MC, #1)
  • Close to Me (The Callahans, #1)
  • Pretty When She Cries (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Drowning Erin
  • Catch Me When I Fall (Falling Stars #2)
  • Waking Olivia
  • The Institute
  • Playboy Princes (Royals of Arbon Academy, #2)
  • Dangerous Billionaire (Rich & Shameless #2)
  • Darkest Sin (Las Vegas Sin, #3)
  • Falling into You (Falling Stars, #3)
  • Saddle Up Cowboy (Coldbank Cowboys, #1)
  • Stolen Heir (Brutal Birthright #2)
  • Reaper (Ruthless Kings MC, #1)
Ellie Isaacson has been an avid reader her whole life, but a couple years ago she had a dream that she just couldn't forget. She cultivated that dream and began writing, which became a dream of a different sort. Ellie is thrilled to be able to share her passion with her readers. As an accountant and an author, she slings numbers by day and words by night. She's also a wife and a mother of two amaz ...more

Hitman (4 books)