Start by marking “Unexpected Bond (Unexpected Arrivals #4)” as Want to Read:
Unexpected Bond (Unexpected Arrivals #4)

Unexpected Bond

(Unexpected Arrivals #4)

Just when you think you’ve got it all figured out, the universe decides to tilt your world on its axis.

I had a plan, and I was moving forward until the day my world was flipped upside down.

It’s a challenge I wasn’t prepared for, but one I had to face.

How do you combine the life you thought you had to the one you’re living?

One breath.
One second.
One minute.
One hour.
One day a
Paperback
Published December 19th 2019 (first published December 17th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Unexpected Bond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unexpected Bond

Start your review of Unexpected Bond (Unexpected Arrivals #4)
World Of Books 65
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
UNEXPECTED BOND- Startling, Unforeseen, Wonderful, Amazing, Astonishing, unpredictable, stunning, unanticipated, chance, staggering, holding together This book is all that and more!

Hands down the most emotional read of 2019! A 5* winner from beginning to end!

Three of the greatest bonds in life are parents for their children, friendships that endure over time, distance and heartbreak and finally if you are fortunate to find your soul mate; that one person that has your back no matter what! To b
This is probably one of the most difficult reviews I've had to write. Not because the books wasn't good, or well written. This book was amazing. An amazing, emotional, rip your heart out story, that left me happy with the HEA, but there is also a gaping hole in my heart. This book absolutely destroyed me! KR really dug deep with this one! I had to read the book twice, because the first time, I was crying my eyes out. I read it again to be sure I didn't miss anything (and because it was just THAT ...more
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected Bond by Kaylee Ryan
“Broke my heart, 5 stars”

I hated Unexpected Bond…I hated it because I bawled THE WHOLE TIME!! I do not cry when reading, sometimes I will tear up and very rarely does a tear slip out, but Unexpected Bond broke me down into a freaking sobbing mess who was questioning my life and that of Ryan’s. Do not read Unexpected Bond unless you need a good emotional break down. Was the writing amazing? Clearly. Do I question Ryan’s sanity? For sure. One thing is for sure though,
Evan
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I read this story over a week ago, but honestly needed some time to put my thoughts together. Kaylee knows I love her writing and her stories. This one was no different.

I'm going to keep this vague because honestly you need to experience this book for yourself. If I had to describe this book in three words it would be beautiful, heartbreaking, and painful. I mean that in the best possible way.

As the story of Mara and Seth unfolds my heart was in my throat and honestly I couldn't put it down
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
5 Stars are not enough. I am literally picking myself off the ground. This story just about killed me. After wiping the ugly tears from my cheeks and after the hiccups have subsided I can say that NO WORDS can explain to any reader how utterly fantastic this book is. Seth and Mara's story would be fairy tale enough and I would have loved it from beginning to end, but then Kaylee Ryan throws in Amelia's struggle and the joys and instant love I felt for Finley and I am destroyed. The entire series ...more
Britt The Hatters
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves, 2019-favorites
I have no words. Simply put this is one of the greatest books Kaylee Ryan has ever written. I’d love to go on and on about everything that makes Unexpected Bond so incredible but this is one of those books that you need to live through. Breathe in the magic of these words, let them fill your soul and really experience everything that these characters go through.
Seth and Mara have a story that is both one of the sweetest and most gut wrenching stories I have ever read. That combination of those
Kaylee Ryan
Dec 06, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Now available for pre-order on: Apple/Kobo/BN - Will be live one day only (December 17, 2019)

Live release on Amazon and Kindle Unlimited December 19, 2019
Nancy Metsch
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THIS. BOOK. IS. EVERYTHING!!!!!
This story wasn't just a love story it was also what true friendship is about.
It was sad, I'm talking 4 boxes of tissues sad. BUT it also beautiful, It's proof that you don't have to share DNA to be a family
Erica Caudill
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 gut-wrenchingly, beautiful stars! An all-consuming, truly lovely story that will capture your heart.

Kaylee Ryan is one of the few authors I've read whose spirit carries through every single word she writes. She's such a remarkable storyteller. Her words weave your way into your soul. The Beckett Construction family that she's created would be too good to be true if anyone else wrote it...but Kaylee makes you believe it. The connection between Seth and Mara is what everyone hopes to find. Meanw
Nova B
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Seriously what kind of crap is this. I’m sorry but noooo he hooks up with her bestie and gets her pregnant then she dies so now she raises their kid. How romantic.
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
Such an absolutely amazing book. This one was so emotional and shows The w power of love can help you through anything and any situation. Seth was amazing, so sweet and loving. Mara was strong, amazingly loving and the two were the perfect match. Can't wait for the next one.
Leslie
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series. I couldn’t wait for Seth’s book and it did not disappoint. The guys of Beckett Construction play hard and love harder.
Lisa Stinson
Sadly this book is a DNF at 59% for me. I have loved all the other books in this series so much. But Seth hooking up with Amelia, Mara’s best friend, ruined the beginning of the book for me. Then Amelia being diagnosed with cancer and then finding out she’s pregnant. Completely trashed this book for me. And Mara acting like all of this is ok. Just no. In no way is this even remotely realistic.

I’m so tired of reading books where the H hooks up with someone else when he claims he wants the h so b
Big Joe  Rossi
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing

BOOK OF THE YEAR

This is so far the book of the year for me!

The moment Seth meets Mara and her toddler daughter, Finley he knows he is interested in the single mom. She doesn't live near him but is in town for a potential new job. Set up by her best friend and one of Seth's best friend's Amelia.

While texting and getting to know each other Seth and Amalia have a night they don't remember. Now with Mara moving to town they start becoming friends, but both know they want more. Seth knows he must co
Darcy
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, e-book, romance
Robyn
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 “A” Stars

Wow! Talk about you think you know what will happen, and then you’re convinced it won’t, but then wham...when you least expect it—plot twist! This book was totally not what I was expecting, I’m so very glad I went in blind!!!

Seth’s character was just so sweet and caring. The situation he found himself in was unprecedented, as this story was a unique one. Mara’s character was amazing...what strength, love and devotion. Again, I cannot imagine having to walk in anyone’s shoes in this
Carmen Rae
If you've been reading this series in order then you know you're going to need a box of tissues and if possible a big glass of wine. If you are reading this as a standalone, well be prepared for the ugly crying while reading it.

I saved reading this for a day I could lock myself away in my bedroom and I still wasn't prepared. I am not going to give you any spoilers but I am going to try explain the feels.

So there were two twists in this book. And honestly the first one was obvious AF and I knew
Megan Lowe
Dec 14, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

This, as an independent story, was decent even if it can’t be read as a stand-alone.
As part of the series? It was okay.
My main problem, and this has happened before, when Kaylee is finishing a series she originally started as a stand-alone, she tends to rush and reads as if she wants to get it over with.
Up until now, we’ve heard very little of Seth, or Amelia for that matter.
I wanted to get to know him outside of him being like every other guy in this series, and indeed, one of Kaylee’
Sheri
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Get the tissues ready when you read this book, because it will put you through the ringer.

Seth Jennings works with the other guys in the series (Ridge, Tyler and Mark, along with Kent) and at a barbecue, meets a woman named Mara, who is best friends with the guys good friend Amelia.  Mara is a single mom to adorable 2 1/2 year old Finley, and the minute Finley meets Seth, she is smitten. As his is mother.

Seth and Mara text over the next several months (Mara lives three hours away) and eventually
Michelle
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
 photo 20191026_164529_zpsnyqvf1pl.jpg
This really is UNEXPECTED in all asspects! Check out my full review on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
 photo 20190911_093929_zpsxm2dimqe.png
April Symes
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Unexpected Bond by Kaylee Ryan is book 4 in the Unexpected Arrivals series. This is Mara and Seth's story.
Without giving any spoilers away, just know that this story is full of emotions- the kind that will have you sobbing at such deep emotions in this story. It's beautiful and poignant, at times heartbreaking but oh wow, it's a rollercoaster ride of feels that the experience is quite the emotional ride📚💖 Did I go thru boxes of tissues? Yes.. did I fear for a book hangover afterwards? Yes... Wa
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ Jeri the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

It’s a challenge I wasn’t prepared for, but one I had to face.

How do you combine the life you thought you had to the one you’re living?
Heather andrews
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mara is not ashamed to ogle her man, “tacos.” Mara smiles. She makes zero effort to hide the way her eyes rake over my body. " I liked this book, I loved Seth. This was one emotional read, tearing up until the end. The situation reminded of the one I'm going through with my granny so it made this book much more personal.
Valleria
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I hatee this book but it's also beautiful. I love that i could feel the love from the characters.

I honestly think there's too much things happening at one time, but that situations evokes emotions and when i feel strong emotions from a book, i count that book as an amazing book.

Just a heads up tho, if you decide to read this book get your tissues ready it got me crying a bucket.
Evalyne
Feb 10, 2020 added it
Shelves: don-t-know
sounds too mushy....
Carrie
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH MY HECK!!! This story is emotional GOLD.

10+++ stars!!!

Seth & Mara's story isn't just THEIR story, and it's absolutely an emotional ride that you'll probably want some tissues for. I didn't want to put this down to work today, and there were some tears shed while reading. On break. At work. Yep, it's THAT good, it got tears out of me!!

There are some super sweet moments, some laughs, too. I love love love this group, this family. I love watching them grow throughout the series. I love their c
Larissa Rye
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahh I love this series!

I got to 34% of this book and thought oh crap Kaylee’s going to throw a wrench in this. And Oh. My. God. Whyyyyyyy I hate crying over books and it usually takes a lot to make me cry. But man this book was heartbreaking. Seth & Mara were perfection & I loved Finley & I loved how much Seth loved Finley. These Beckett Construction guys know how to love with all their hearts. Amelia... ah I just... don’t even know what to say because I don’t want to give it away.

All I can sa
Rochelle Spaccamonti
I usually stay away from books that I know make me cry. I am dedicated to this series and I was super curious a out Seth and his mystery girl. I am SO glad I read this book! It seriously gave me peace!! I love how Kaylee Ryan took my heart and stomped on it and put it back together!!

I loved Mara and Seth. And Finley stole my heart!! I love love love how much Seth loved Finny as much as her momma. This book is truly a gem and I can’t wait for what comes next!!

This whole series is a bit emotiona
Teri
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Make sure you have a box of Kleenex handy!!!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Santa's Special Delivery (Sleeping with the Scrooge)
  • Man Cuffed (Man Hands #4)
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • Unstoppable (Haven Falls #7)
  • This Is Love (Harmony Pointe, #2)
  • Tank (Kings of Denver #4)
  • Christmas Sugar (Insta-Spark Collection, #2)
  • Over the Fence
  • Gravitate (Brooklet Dreams #3)
  • Someday, Someday
  • Unbreakable (Haven Falls #6)
  • Unmissable (Haven Falls #7.5)
  • The Fake (Smart Jocks #4)
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Southern Comfort (Southern, #2)
  • Waiting for the Sun (Hand Over My Heart Duet, #2)
  • Southern Chance (Southern, #1)
  • Once Upon A Holiday

Instagram: http://bit.ly/2lfFkIe
Newsletter: http://bit.ly/31Io4vF
Txt Alerts: Text: KAYLEERYAN to 24587
Website: http://www.kayleeryan.com/

Unexpected Arrivals (5 books)
  • Unexpected Reality (Unexpected Arrivals, #1)
  • Unexpected Fight (Unexpected Arrivals, #2)
  • Unexpected Fall (Unexpected Arrivals, #3)
  • Unexpected Odds (Unexpected Arrivals #5)

News & Interviews