Start by marking “A Vow So Bold and Deadly (Cursebreakers, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Vow So Bold and Deadly (Cursebreakers, #3)

A Vow So Bold and Deadly

(Cursebreakers #3)

3.90  ·  Rating details ·  12,040 ratings  ·  2,489 reviews
Face your fears, fight the battle.

Emberfall is crumbling fast, torn between those who believe Rhen is the rightful prince and those who are eager to begin a new era under Grey, the true heir. Grey has agreed to wait two months before attacking Emberfall, and in that time, Rhen has turned away from everyone—even Harper, as she desperately tries to help him find a path to pe
Published January 26th 2021 by Bloomsbury YA

To ask other readers questions about A Vow So Bold and Deadly, please sign up.
Brigid All four. :-)

All four. :-)

Goodreads won't let me post an answer that short, so I'll elaborate to add that it has the perspectives of Rhen, Harper, Grey, and Lia Mara in pretty equal measure. (less)
Brigid Yes! A lot! All four POVs will be included in VOW.

·  12,040 ratings  ·  2,489 reviews

Start your review of A Vow So Bold and Deadly (Cursebreakers, #3)
Lia Carstairs
wait, wait WHAT-

that cannot be the end. I-

I don't know how to feel.

that moment when the ending prevents a book from being a 5 stars *sadness*

I'll start off with this—RHEN. DESERVED. MORE.

I refuse to believe that this is the end of the Cursebreakers world. There literally has to be more because that ending did not resolve everything and if I'm being honest, I'd say the only people who truly got their happy ending are Grey and Lia Mara...and I could care less about them (I know, ✨unpopula
jessica
Jan 30, 2021 rated it liked it
well, it might have been a mistake to have had high hopes for this. i gave the previous book the benefit of the doubt and told myself i wouldnt judge everything until i read this, hoping for redemption, but man. this was rough.

i mean, if this was a book all on its own, completely unrelated to ‘a curse so dark and lonely,’ this is objectively a very good book. the writing is great, the pacing is decent, and the characters are complex. but i have to look at the bigger picture.

i dont want to spoil
✨ A ✨
Jun 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
With how AHSFAB ended I'm actually quite nervous for this one. I know that Rhen (view spoiler) but who knows, maybe Kemmerer will change my mind.

I think what we all need is for Harper and Lia Mara to become fr
Stephanie
Jan 28, 2021 rated it did not like it
What the actual fuck? Did I read the same book as everyone else? Fair warning, this is a super long, ranty and spoilery review. Yet, let the record reflect that I loved ACSDAL.

The tl;dr is that: Every character in this book is an idiot. Oh, and watching Rhen getting cucked into oblivion made my blood boil.

I'm so sad that this story became a series when it should have remained a standalone. I really didn't enjoy AHSFAB but I was so invested in the characters and confident in BK's writing ability
Lucy Tonks
May 01, 2021 rated it did not like it
"Yield to yourself. Yield to forgiveness. Yield to happiness. Yield to this moment. It's not hers. It's yours. It's mine. It's ours.”

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is it. I found my most disappointing book of the year. I didn't expect to find it so soon, but I did it. A Vow so Bold and Deadly was one of my most anticipated novels of this year. I've read the first two books last year and absolutely loved them. They were even on my favourite books of last year list and this has manage to shatter t
Helena of Eretz ✰
I received this complimentary ARC from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.

This was another buddy read with Gabriëlle!!!

This is a sampler of just the first four chapters...
WAHHHHH :(((
Layla
~ 3 stars ~

This was pretty disappointing and definitely not the ending I wanted, and from what I gather from talking with other people, not the ending many people wanted.

I loved how it was setting up. I thought the plot was interesting and much better developed than the first two. It had more of a purpose and the pov's were more evenly balanced. Though that initial satisfaction didn't last too long I quite enjoyed it overall, same with the writing. It was a fast read, and I sped through it. But
Yun
Feb 28, 2021 rated it liked it
After loving the first two books of this series, I have just been bubbling with excitement, ready to completely immerse myself into what surely must be the epic last book of this trilogy. There is no way A Vow So Bold and Deadly would let me down, right?

Sigh.

Diving into this book was like diving into... nothing. Because nothing happens in the first half (that's 200 pages!) of this book. When we left off at the end of book 2, it was clear that war is coming. So I expected to jump right into war,
Maja  - BibliophiliaDK ✨
Feb 03, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya, fantasy
I AM SO DISAPPOINTED I MIGHT CRY 😭😭

I really feared this was what was going to happen with this book. I LOVED the first one SO MUCH! I loved Harper, Rhen and Grey. They second book caught me by surprise and didn't fully live up to the first but I was okay with it. But it also made me fear for the conclusion of this series. It made me fear, that the magic of the first book would be completely lost. Sadly, for me at least, that fear came true.

👎 What I Disliked 👎

Lia Mara: I was okay with Lia Mara in
Cait (Caitsbooks)
Thank you so much to Bloomsbury YA for giving me an ARC in exchange for an honest review!

Quick Stats:
Overall:
5/5 Stars
Characters: 4.5/5
Setting: 4/5
Writing: 5/5
Plot and Themes: 5/5
Awesomeness Factor: 5/5
Review in a Nutshell: A Vow So Bold and Deadly is exactly what I wanted in a finale. It was epic, full of twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat, with amazing characters that I absolutely adored.

// Content Warning: Violence, Death, Torture, Chronic Illness, Suicide Mention, War Them
~Poppy~
Feb 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
L
This book is messier than my bedroom and I'm not even being sarcastic. (I wish I was though. Life would've been better)

I know this is probably going to be the only review with such a low rating and this is going to be one of the most unpopular opinion in the history of unpopular opinions but you know what? screw that.

Ugh! I'm so disappointed and frustrated right now I can't even...

The things all of us me wanted from this book:

- Rhen to be sorry for what he did. He needs to understand what a sc
Devanshi
Sep 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I loved the first book so much and the second book was good but I’m truly not going to read these again. I’ll get them on kindle on sale but I’m unhauling the hardbacks.

I love Grey and I appreciate that ending with Grey and Rhen but I just didn’t love the book itself. Such is life .... whatever life truly is any more.....

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading
#1 A Curse So Dark and Lonely — 3 Stars
#2 A Heart So Fierce and Broken — 3 Stars

You know when you’re reading a book and you feel like you’re moving but not going anywhere??? Then when you get to the last page, you feel bereft because you thought, ‘Wait, that’s it??? But the characters barely accomplished anything!!!’ Well, there you go. That’s basically this book for you.

I felt like I was reading the beginning from start to finish as if this book didn’t have a middle and an end. The characters w
♠ Tabi⁷ ♠
Jun 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: edelweiss
EDELWEISS HAS DELIVERED AND SO I MUST BINGE THE SERIES AND BE BROKEN

I JUST SHRIEKED IN THE LIBRARY AND I DON'T CARE BECAUSE WE'RE GETTING A 3RD BOOK

well they LIED ABOUT THE PURPLE COVER but I'm okay with that because that red cover looks fierce and I've already got so many epic Bookstagram ideas

₦₳Ɽ₳
Jan 18, 2021 marked it as to-read
description

NOBODY better die *squints at Brigid Kemmerer*
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Just a small sample!

I wasn’t too happy to find out I just got a sample of the book it is 4 very small chapters. I am one that never reads long excerpts or if a writer has a chapter available early on, I never read it. I want to read the whole book at once. Though since I grabbed this from Netgalley I figure I have to honor my commitments and do at least somewhat of a review.

The sample definitely whet my appetite for the book. It has all our favorite characters Rhen, Harper, Grey and Lia Mara. I
Trisha Tomy
Blog Review: https://trishadoeseverythingbutstudy2...

I received a free e-ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review!

This excerpt was nowhere near enough. At all. It was all nice and slow and just easing into the story, when the last page of the excerpt really went, BOOOM you thought, girl?

I'm really scared about Rhen because oh God he doesn't know about Grey's abilities, and Grey's not telling him, and these two fools are going to destroy the world because of miscommunication.

Its just s
Zain ✨
♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name)
Hi, I demand Brigid Kemmerer go to jail because she’s trying to kill me :)
Lauren Lanz
Apr 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, 4-stars

I was really sceptical going into this finale. A Vow So Bold and Deadly was one of my most anticipated reads of the year, but seeing so many disappointing reviews only served to lower my expectations. Thankfully, Kemmerer gave my favourite former bodyguard (and his friends Tycho + Iisak) some great development and page time, which is all I needed.

I adored Brigid Kemmerer’s writing. She articulates each o
Anna *Bran. San. Stan*
4.5 stars. My heart. My poor, poor heart... What started as a Beauty and the Beast retelling, has grown into something bigger and better in the course of this series. Something truly heart-wrenching and beautiful. If you’re into YA fantasy, you should definitely pick this up! (And if you’ve liked the first two books, you’ve undoubtedly already put this on your TBR.)

Brigid Kemmerer‘s prose is beautiful, her dialogues well-written and witty; the way she casually disperses truths deep and meaningf
Mel (Epic Reading)
At 38 years old you’d think I’d have gotten past devoted, unconditional love stories. Brigid Kemmerer has reminded me that I haven’t. And maybe it’s because for 12+ years I’ve had my Grey/Rhen next to me; so I know love exists. Or maybe it’s because the 16 year old version of me is bawling her eyes out at how poignant and amazing these characters and their stories are. Either way I’m glad to still be able to enter a fantasy world made for teens and fall in love with it.

My personal notes:
- As a
A y a

In a land of myth, and a time of magic, the destiny of a great kingdom rests on the shoulders of a young boy. His name…

Weeeellll actually it rested on the shoulders of a young group and their names were: Harper, Rhen, Grey, Lia Mara, Tycho, Noah, Jake, Zo, Iisak *carries on naming characters*

I know I just keep getting bad at these but bare with me please.

The final battle for the throne of Emberfall is about to commence, the one true heir has been revealed and the people's loyalty have been left
Sentranced Jem
Jul 02, 2020 marked it as to-read
Raise your hand if you're excited for A Vow So Bold and Deadly. 🙋🙋
Raise your hand if you're nervous-excited. 🙋🙋
Raise your hand if you're freaking out after reading the first line of AVSBAD. 🙋🙋🙋

Update 1:
Isn't the cover so beautiful 😍😍😍

Update 2:
👑TEASER 👑
Shauni
Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was a beautiful conclusion to one of my favorite series. I'm left a little sad that it's over, yet deeply satisfied with how it all came together at the end.

I'm always intrigued by the villian in a story. I love a good villian that really deserves the reader's disgust, yet sometimes I feel they are a bit lacking and not quite believable. I felt like the villian in this story was truly despicable. She really crawled under my skin and it was a relief when she finally met her end. I thought t
julia ☆ [owls reads]
Jan 26, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya-fantasy
#1 A Curse so Dark and Lonely: ★★★✮☆ | 3.5 stars
#2 A Heart So Fierce and Broken: ★★☆☆☆ | 2 stars

A Vow so Bold and Deadly gets:

1 full star for the writing style - it was super easy to get into and the way Kemmerer handled the different POVs was wonderful. Rhen, Harper, Grey and Lia Mara had very distinct voices and the changes from one perspective to the other flowed smoothly.

And 1 full star for Grey's character - he was the only character who put his brain cells together to make sensible decisi

• Famous in Love (Famous in Love, #1)
  • Finding Perfect (Hopeless #2.6)
  • Long Bright River
  • Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)
  • My [Secret] YouTube Life
  • Dog Man (Dog Man, #1)
  • Cruel Beauty
  • The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Crimson Bound
  • Tweet Cute
  • The Hating Game
  • Big Lies in a Small Town
  • The Other People
  • Passagier 23
  • Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender- Smoke and Shadow, Part 3 (Smoke and Shadow, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: North and South, Part 3 (North and South, #3)
Brigid Kemmerer is the New York Times bestselling author of dark and alluring Young Adult novels like A Curse So Dark and Lonely, More Than We Can Tell, and Letters to the Lost (Bloomsbury), as well as paranormal YA stories like The Elemental Series and Thicker Than Water (Kensington). A full time writer, Brigid lives in the Baltimore area with her husband, her boys, her dog, and her cat. When she ...more

Cursebreakers (3 books)
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)

Articles featuring this book

Gothic romance, dueling family restaurants, West African magic, and much, much more! It sure looks like 2021 is shaping up to be a year of...
“I’m confident in my strengths, but that doesn’t mean I don’t think about my weaknesses.” 8 likes
“I will come back to you."
I hooked my fingers in his armor before he could pull away. "Your word?"
He smiled, took my hand, and kissed my fingertips. "My vow.”
4 likes