Start by marking “You Have a Match” as Want to Read:
You Have a Match

You Have a Match

From the beloved author of Tweet Cute comes Emma Lord's You Have a Match, a YA novel of family, friendship, romance and sisterhood…

When Abby signs up for a DNA service, it’s mainly to give her friend and secret love interest, Leo, a nudge. After all, she knows who she is already: Avid photographer. Injury-prone tree climber. Best friend to Leo and Connie…although ever sinc
Expected publication: January 5th 2021 by Wednesday Books

Start your review of You Have a Match
jessica
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
EL sure is making a name for herself in the world of contemporary YA. i loved her debut novel and this second book has just as much personality and heart.

i adore how realistic and genuine all of the characters are. they arent perfect, but they sure are relatable. its rewarding to see abby confront many challenges in her life and grow because of them. i love how EL has created a fun and unique story, but one that also has meaning behind it.

overall, definitely a cute read and one i think all fans
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My heart is literally smiling. I start to see imaginary heart emojis whirling around my head and I keep giggling like mischievous teenagers or worst kind of annoying romance heroines. This book is AMAZING!

I loved the Parent Trap with non identical twins theme!
Storyline: Two sisters accidentally find each other via DNA service and decide to dig more to learn what their parents are hiding from them by participating a summer camp together.

There are 1 year and half age difference between them. From
megs_bookrack
Yayee! An ARC!!!

I adored Tweet Cute earlier this year, so am really excited to see what Emma Lord cooks up next!

Thank you, St. Martin's Press!!

Tijana
Jul 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Tweet Cute was my favorite YA contemporary last year and I'm giddy with excitement now that I received an ARC for You Have a Match!
-----------------------------------------
"The space I come back to, whether I want it to be or not, won’t be Abby-shaped anymore— or maybe I won’t be the shape of the Abby who left."

I look back on the time after reading Tweet Cute when I believed I found my new favorite YA author in Emma Lord and I feel sorry for my past self because of disappointment she's about
Katie B

Full review coming soon.
✨ A ✨
Jul 14, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2021-release
Emma Lord featuring sibling bonds? YES PLEASE
Caitlin Reads
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfect for fans of The Parent Trap! This is my first book by Emma Lord and I am ordering Tweet Cute immediately. Abby signs up for a DNA service only to shockingly discover that she has a secret older sister. Savannah is the opposite of Abby, a control freak who must always have everything in order. Abby follows Savannah to summer camp to discover who she ended up being put up for adoption.

You Have A Match is about family, friends and romance. It’s a sweet young adult novel with a summer camp
Lily Herman
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I don't think I've clicked on anything as fast as the ARC for You Have Match. (Thank you, my Wednesday Books bebes!) I was a gigantic fan of Emma Lord's debut novel Tweet Cute, and her sophomore follow-up was wowza too.

First of all, Lord continues to be a connoisseur of all things food; excuse me while I go order from the nearby Filipino restaurant and start googling any meal that has Cheetos on it. (And please keep in mind that I haven't eaten Cheetos since probably George W. Bush's second term
Nenia ✨️ Socially Awkward Trash Panda ✨️ Campbell
Imagine taking an ancestry test and finding out you're related to an influencer celebrity. What if I was adopted and my real name is Nenia Campbell... Paul.

...No, false alarm. Just chatted with my mom and she's like, sorry, no way, you're definitely mine.

(whew)
Cat Duffy
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
I loved this book, and I almost didn't read it because high school romances are NOT my thing. They simultaneously often feel too juvenile and inauthentic, as there's no possible way the characters could be real life teenagers because of the outlandish ways in which they're written. You Have A Match, on the other hand, is so well written and grounded it's making me reconsider my high school hating ways!
Lord is so talented at crafting real, three dimensional characters that are simultaneously dee
Cait (Caitsbooks)
Jul 15, 2020 is currently reading it
A book about finding out you have a long-lost sister your parents gave up for adoption?? Yeah this one hits a little too close to home (but also I seriously cannot wait to start reading it)
Carrie (brightbeautifulthings)
Abby isn’t expecting much when she signs up for a DNA service with her friends, so she’s shocked to discover that she has a secret sister who’s only a year and a half older than she is. More shocking is that her sister is Savannah Tully, an Instagrammer famous for her healthy lifestyle and matching spandex outfits. The girls decide to meet up at summer camp to figure out what happened and why their parents kept this secret from them, but they couldn’t be more opposite in personality. It doesn’t ...more
Aly
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another hit by Emma Lord!
This was so cute and fun and I love that it incorporated DNA testing which is so huge right now. Finding out you have a full blooded sister when you're not adopted would be crazy and I'm glad Abby and Savvy decided to meet up. They're pretty opposite personalities, but they gave each other some balance and perspective they desperately needed.

Abby has anxiety and feels like her parents are pushing her too hard. She just wants time to relax and take pictures, so camp is
Katie Prouty
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Soft! I will go along. And if you leave me so, you do me wrong."

Abby Day is taking honors anthropology with her two BFFs, Connie and Leo (secret crush. Like big, stupid, ridiculous secret crush). In order to learn about the proper way to track and denote linage in their family tree, the trio decide to spit in some tubes and send their DNA kits off to an ancestry database. Life goes on… Until Abby receives a message request from a girl named Savannah Tully, who the DNA site identifies as Abby’
;3
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
i enjoyed this sm more than tweet cute 🤩
Kelly
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing

This book was so cute! It had a very slow burn romance between best friends and family drama that kept me interested through this entire book. I was living for the romance and I was shipping Abby and Leo so badly. Ugh, I kind of don't want it to be over but I have to say goodbye and move on with another book.

Anyway, You have a match follows Abby as she learns that she has a full-blooded sister a year and half older than her and surprise... she lives nearby and wants to meet up! She did
Sherwood Smith
In my quest for reading that takes me away from the dumpster fire that is 2020, here is another winner.

I was hooked right from the start, when artistic, academic-slacker Abby sends away for a DNA kit, and discovers that whoa, she has an older sister she never knew about? How could that happen???

Cue a twist on The Parent Trap as Abby, and her mysterious, total overachiever older sister, go away to a summer camp to . . . duke it out, uh, work things out, confront the issues.

There's a lot of issue
Parker J
Apr 29, 2020 marked it as to-read
Well...I’m going to need this ASAP
Shaylan
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You Have A Match was such a cute book and I couldn't put it down! This book completely brought me back to summers spent at camp when I was younger and it had perfect amounts of romance, camp shenanigans and Parent Trap moments. I loved the dynamic between the characters and how the sisters' relationship grew as the story progressed. This was a lighthearted, fun read and it completely sucked me in. I felt the different storylines were each given enough time in the book to be well developed and di ...more
keira
Jul 15, 2020 marked it as to-read
i am OBSESSED with this cover
Sara ❀
Jul 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
ARC was provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you so much!

If you like soft, cute and wholesome contemporaries, then this is your match ;)

What would you do, if you found out, you had a biological sister you never knew existed just because you took a random DNA test to support your best friend ... ? I would totally freak out, but our protagonist Abby seemed surprised but yet calm.
But finding out that she has a sister her parents never told her about, is not the only thing
Abi
Aug 28, 2020 marked it as to-read
I will read anything this woman writes
Mimi
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-favorites
Will I ever stop smiling when thinking of this book? Doubtful.
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
What a delightful sophomore book! I loved the story and the characters in this one. I can't imagine what Savvy and Abby where feeling. Everything was so complicated. Truly enjoyed this one. Review to come closer to release.
Cait | GoodeyReads
OH MY GOODNESS I LOVED THIS.

Seriously, so much. Emma Lord does it again.

Full review to come closer to publishing date!

Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for the eARC!
MundiNova
The same fun writing as Tweet Cute, but overloaded with lies.

Based on the cover and title, I thought this was going to be a camping/tinder love story. But no, it's a modern take on The Parent Trap; a preposterous and evil story if you think about it for more than two seconds.

This didn't work for me. It was Abby lying to her friends, her parents, herself, her newly found sister, and again to her friends and family. (And I count lies of omission as lies as everyone should). The whole book is Abby
Sophie Gonzales
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So compulsively readable! Once I got in, I was invested, and didn't move from one spot until I was done. This is just a FUN read. Imagine Jodi Picoult, sans courtrooms, but for Young Adults.
Kari Ann Sweeney
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
I adored Emma Lord's debut, TWEET CUTE, and was anticipating another stellar YA read with her latest release, YOU HAVE A MATCH. Verdict: it was delightful, charming and full of soul.

Thanks to unexpected DNA test results, we are treated to a wonderfully witty Parent Trap retelling at summer camp. Hayley Mills & Camp Inch forever.

It's part coming-of-age with a bit of romance and a lot of complex "newfound family" navigation. These various points were cleverly woven together with a wonderful mix
Rhea
Oct 16, 2020 added it
read as an ARC

~4.5 stars

emma lord is definitely creeping up my favourite author list...even her acknowledgements are fun to read!

She has a lovely ability to make her characters super relatable and unique and multidimensional and just... best-friend-able?? I love it.

Comparing this book and Tweet Cute is hard; they're so different but they both make me feel so happy and engrossed in the story. I think I related to Tweet Cute just a *little* bit more and found it more compelling, but I also t
Fanna
Jun 23, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2021-releases
June 23, 2020: Wait, HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS UNTIL TODAY? What the hell. Anyway, after enjoying Tweet Cute so much, I'm definitely excited for another contemporary by Emma Lord. Especially since anything that says romance and an ambitious rivalry, I loose my mind. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Code for Love and Heartbreak
  • In a Holidaze
  • Rent a Boyfriend
  • Slingshot
  • Crazy Stupid Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #3)
  • Amelia Unabridged